m4rt14l

[A3][COOP-32] ALiVE TAKISTAN NATOFOR

Hi Beefcrinkle, from the editor would be this command placed on the init field of the gunner:

this moveInGunner staticweapon

Explain what you need, sure there will be no problem.

Greets.

Ok yxman, hope enjoy it.:)

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

On next week will release a new version ported to Chernarus, created with fantastic RHS ESCALATION.

Greets and thanks.

thanks I will give it a shot later today!

Hey,

When I am trying to login to this mission on my dedicated server as admin, I just got disconnected.

I think I got all mods installed in the most recent version. Any hint where I can have a look? In the linux console are quite some errrors:

20:57:56 Connected to Steam servers

20:58:09 BarnyBear uses modified data file

20:58:09 BattlEye Server: Player #0 BarnyBear (2.245.87.116:2306) connected

20:58:09 Player BarnyBear connecting.

20:58:10 BattlEye Server: Player #0 BarnyBear - GUID: 795c14da2ee446022896a632ef46afc5 (unverified)

20:58:11 Player BarnyBear connected (id=76561197984820360).

20:58:11 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (795c14da2ee446022896a632ef46afc5) of player #0 BarnyBear

20:58:11 Unsupported language English in stringtable

20:58:11 File dialogs\dialogs.hpp, line 37: '/TMN_store/Controls/TMN_Exitbutton.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:11 File dialogs\AdminPanel.hpp, line 32: '/TMN_AdminPanel/Controls/TMN_ExitButton.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:11 File dialogs\AdminPanel.hpp, line 43: '/TMN_AdminPanel/Controls/TMN_10k2All.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:11 File dialogs\AdminPanel.hpp, line 55: '/TMN_AdminPanel/Controls/TMN_CancelAllMissions.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:11 File VAS\menu.hpp, line 53: '/VAS_Diag/controlsBackground/VAS_ContainerBG.x': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:11 Item strSmo_briefing1Description7 listed twice

20:58:11 File VAS\menu.hpp, line 53: '/VAS_Diag/controlsBackground/VAS_ContainerBG.x': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:11 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>

20:58:11 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>

20:58:11 File description.ext, line 2: '.onLoadIntro': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:11 File description.ext, line 48: '/CfgRespawnInventory/WEST2.vehicle': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:23 Admin BarnyBear logged in.

20:58:23 Unsupported language English in stringtable

20:58:23 File dialogs\dialogs.hpp, line 37: '/TMN_store/Controls/TMN_Exitbutton.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:23 File dialogs\AdminPanel.hpp, line 32: '/TMN_AdminPanel/Controls/TMN_ExitButton.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:23 File dialogs\AdminPanel.hpp, line 43: '/TMN_AdminPanel/Controls/TMN_10k2All.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:23 File dialogs\AdminPanel.hpp, line 55: '/TMN_AdminPanel/Controls/TMN_CancelAllMissions.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:23 File VAS\menu.hpp, line 53: '/VAS_Diag/controlsBackground/VAS_ContainerBG.x': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:23 Item strSmo_briefing1Description7 listed twice

20:58:23 File VAS\menu.hpp, line 53: '/VAS_Diag/controlsBackground/VAS_ContainerBG.x': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:23 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>

20:58:23 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>

20:58:23 File description.ext, line 2: '.onLoadIntro': Missing ';' at the end of line

20:58:23 File description.ext, line 48: '/CfgRespawnInventory/WEST2.vehicle': Missing ';' prior '}'

20:58:27 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>

20:58:27 Unsupported language English in stringtable

20:58:27 Unsupported language English in stringtable

20:58:27 Mission co@32_alive-takistan-natofor-agm.takistan read from bank.

20:58:27 Player BarnyBear disconnected.

20:58:27 BattlEye Server: Player #0 BarnyBear disconnected

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hi ChrisB76,

I understand that you have a Linux server? if so, is due a problem with ALiVE does not work under Linux, But dont worry has solution,

This is thanks to yxman,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2794998

1. download http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2749173

2. extract to extra dir, run install or manually compile tolower.c

3. copy tolower to arma3 dir

4. run tolower (alive dir gets converted)

5. enjoy alive on linux server (except for database/warroom stuff)

this method works since alive rls

Greetings and thanks.

Hey, yes indeed i am trying to use ALiVE on the linux server! Thank you so much for your hint! I just renamed all files to lower case with a rename command. I guess that wasn't enough? I will give it a try tonight.

Thank you so much

EDIT: What does this tolower.c different to the command for each directory: rename 'y/A-Z/a-z/' *

Edited by ChrisB76

Hm, I don't think it is Alive related, another Alive sample mission is working with no errors. Could this be CAF AG related?

Hey, yes indeed i am trying to use ALiVE on the linux server! Thank you so much for your hint! I just renamed all files to lower case with a rename command. I guess that wasn't enough? I will give it a try tonight.

Thank you so much

EDIT: What does this tolower.c different to the command for each directory: rename 'y/A-Z/a-z/' *

Yes, I think that's.

Hm, I don't think it is Alive related, another Alive sample mission is working with no errors. Could this be CAF AG related?

I know ALiVE gives errors with linux server and they found the solution, ignore if also CAF_AG gives problems with Linux but no previously discussed.

Greets.

Hi. This is one of the best missions i have ever played. Are you planning to update it with RHS Escalation units and more missions?

Hi. This is one of the best missions i have ever played. Are you planning to update it with RHS Escalation units and more missions?

Hi olbins, I have created one with RHS Escalation you got it here,

and yes I have planned to make another with RHS in Bornholm island to play with Russians against U. S. Army.

Greets and thanks.

I was hoping for Takistan Natofor and RHS Escalation (Russian units for side missions from HQ) plus maybe some weapon caches? That would be great Insurgency feeling from Arma 2 times. Good times.

Hello M4RT14L,

I'd love to try out this mod with my friends but I cannot seem to setup the server (Windows).

First of all, we have no reason to use the Task Force Radio addon, but I don't know how to remove it from the needed addons. It also doesn't start, giving me a "include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_settings.hpp not found" error, which I've searched for around the net but couldn't find any understandable solution.

I don't know if it's due to this addon, but if I try to load the server without it (and the server goes up), when I try to login I remain stuck in the "mission read from bank" spam part from the server (from the client side the game remains in the loading page).

Please let me know, thanks :)

edit: fixed..I was completely missing the userconfig folder :) Seems to work now!

ps: is there any way to call a chopper lift or spawn different vehicles at the base?

Edited by TheVastator
fixed issue

Yo, I was waiting for the Chernarus version (No RHS) :( what happen with that one?

Hi AlexSegen, Perhaps would be nice a version with CAF_AG instead of RHS, I'll see how to do it, thanks.

I was hoping for Takistan Natofor and RHS Escalation (Russian units for side missions from HQ) plus maybe some weapon caches? That would be great Insurgency feeling from Arma 2 times. Good times.

Hi olbins,

Do not think to do a version Russians vs U. S. Army over Takistan, mainly that I do not have too much free time, sorry.

Hello M4RT14L,

I'd love to try out this mod with my friends but I cannot seem to setup the server (Windows).

First of all, we have no reason to use the Task Force Radio addon, but I don't know how to remove it from the needed addons. It also doesn't start, giving me a "include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_settings.hpp not found" error, which I've searched for around the net but couldn't find any understandable solution.

I don't know if it's due to this addon, but if I try to load the server without it (and the server goes up), when I try to login I remain stuck in the "mission read from bank" spam part from the server (from the client side the game remains in the loading page).

Please let me know, thanks :)

edit: fixed..I was completely missing the userconfig folder :) Seems to work now!

ps: is there any way to call a chopper lift or spawn different vehicles at the base?

Hi TheVastator,

I understand you have solved all the problems?

Yes the CH-67 is valid for lift vehicles, cargo, etc ... And they can not spawn vehicles at base, only respawn vehicles when they have been destroyed.

Greetings and thanks.

Yes, solved :) Had the issue with the Task Force Radio.

I meant to know if there is any way to get a chopper taxi after having cleared a zone (for example if the chopper/vehicle we went in gets shot down or too damaged to fly), or any way to get quickly back to base rather than go by foot all the way back there from the mission zone :)

Yes, solved :) Had the issue with the Task Force Radio.

I meant to know if there is any way to get a chopper taxi after having cleared a zone (for example if the chopper/vehicle we went in gets shot down or too damaged to fly), or any way to get quickly back to base rather than go by foot all the way back there from the mission zone :)

Sure, it's posible,

With the ALiVE Combat Support Tablet you can pick this item from VAS or CSE Items & Medical box, you can request Air Taxi, Close Air Support, Artillery Support, is an essential element for Team Leaders.

Greets.

Awesome, thanks! Pardon my noobness, but how do I access it? Tried the usual keys (space/action, Y, etc), but couldn't find the way :)

I could only access the Alive menu with the app key :)

also, and sorry again for bothering you, is there any reliable way to "port" your mod into other maps? Or it must be done by you, creating a different scenario for each map?

Edited by TheVastator

You should be able to access the CS menu by pressing the ALiVE key (right apps key) and select Combat Support. You can also set which item allows the player to access CS (ie: laser designator) in the ALiVE CS module in editor.

Great mission BTW.. will check out your RHS version next :p

Savage, when I use the key all I get from the Support menu is to enable/or disable the possibility to use the support, but no access to support options themselves.

I have searched on the wiki extensively but I couldn't find a way to understand what I'm doing wrong.

Sadly I'm completely ignorant about editing modules as well... :D

edit: important info: the server is remotely hosted, but I cannot edit the mission in local as well (obviously since it's locked :) ) even if I log in as admin, I'm still unable to access the support/logistics request. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm really not getting it!

Edited by TheVastator

Well the CS module has a field which the mission maker enters an item that gives access to CS (default is Laser Designator). If you don't see the option it probably means you don't have the right item to access CS. Perhaps M4RT14L can chime in here.... maybe the item required is the ALiVE tablet?

Well the CS module has a field which the mission maker enters an item that gives access to CS (default is Laser Designator). If you don't see the option it probably means you don't have the right item to access CS. Perhaps M4RT14L can chime in here.... maybe the item required is the ALiVE tablet?

Yes, the item is the ALiVE Tablet, theVastator when you push the CS key select the player combat support option, I have checked and working fine.

Fixed! Thanks a lot guys, it seems we were just missing the CSE mod :)

One last thing then I really won't bother you again, is it normal for the IA troops to stop responding to commands after having boarded an heli?

Fixed! Thanks a lot guys, it seems we were just missing the CSE mod :)

One last thing then I really won't bother you again, is it normal for the IA troops to stop responding to commands after having boarded an heli?

But not, I understand you order to disembark troops before?

Of course :) But they won't disembark at all. I've tried moving the chopper around, in case there was some sort of bug in the landing zone, making it land elsewhere, but to no awail. The guys stopped responding to any command :)

I had a 5km radio in the inventory, but if I got it right, that's just for the radio mod (which we don't need, even if it's loaded to make the scenario work correctly)

A server reset solved the issue! :) One last thing: with the CSE medical overhaul, is it possible to be healed by the AI medic? If so, how?

Sorry for all the bothering!

Edited by TheVastator

Of course :) But they won't disembark at all. I've tried moving the chopper around, in case there was some sort of bug in the landing zone, making it land elsewhere, but to no awail. The guys stopped responding to any command :)

I had a 5km radio in the inventory, but if I got it right, that's just for the radio mod (which we don't need, even if it's loaded to make the scenario work correctly)

A server reset solved the issue! :) One last thing: with the CSE medical overhaul, is it possible to be healed by the AI medic? If so, how?

Sorry for all the bothering!

No problem theVastator, your comments not bother me :), respect to CSE Medical is not possible AI's heal players the CMS module is set to work only on players, this can be easily changed in the editor.

Greets and thanks.

Updated mission to 1.9 version,

-Updated to 0.9.4.1412061 ALiVE version.

-Updated to 0.10.0 ALPHA RC1 CSE version.

-Removed EPD/IED Script by Brian, changed for ALiVE IED Module.

Greets and Thanks.