Sign in to follow this  
Furrez

Make AI land plane when ammunition is low

So I want an AI plane to land on northeast airfield in Chernarus (plane landAt 1) when ammo = 0 or its damaged or the fuel is < 0.2. There is trigger on the airfield that detects when the plane is present and it starts to rearm, repair and refuel. After the plane takes off again, I want him to keep doing the current waypoint and the next ones. So basically I need script that forces an AI plane to land on airfield when it runs out of ammo and after that go back to objectives. I tried some "if" sentences but I didn't know how to check the ammo/damage/fuel.

Hi, I was pondering the same thing the other day, I was thinking maybe simply placing support vehicles at the airport with support waypoints? I doubt it could be that simple but never got around to testing it, this is in Arma 3 but should be same principle.. Probably it would need a trigger with certain conditions? Just guessing.

What is in your trigger that detects the plane and continually rearms/refuel/repairs it?

Check if fuel is low:

fuel (vehicleName) <= 0.4

Check damage:

damage (vehicleName) >= 0.5

What is in your trigger that detects the plane and continually rearms/refuel/repairs it?

I am using this and I have activation BLUFOR, repeatedly and present. Now I only need the ammo check if it's possible and the waypoint script.

vehicleMaintenance.sqf

while {(true)} do {
{
	if (not (_x isKindOf "Man") and (count crew _x != 0) and (speed _x < 60) and (speed _x > -1) and (getPos _x select 2 < 1)) then {
		_x setVehicleAmmo 1;

while {(count crew _x != 0) and ((damage _x > 0) or (fuel _x < 0.99)) and (speed _x < 60) and (speed _x > -1) and (getPos _x select 2 < 1)} do {
			if (damage _x > 0) then {
				_x setDamage ((damage _x) - 1);
			};

if (fuel _x < 1) then {
				_x setFuel ((fuel _x) + 1);
			};

sleep 0.1;
		};
	};
} forEach list _this;

sleep 1;
};

I modified it a little bit.

Edited by Furrez

Okay, so I got it working by creating a trigger that is activated repeatedly when condition is: "((fuel (pln1) < 0.3) or (damage (pln1) > 0.4));", "pln1" being name of the plane and On Act. "pln1 landAt 1;". The plane was forced to land so it came back to waypoints automatically. However I don't know how to check the ammunition of the plane or is it possible?