Sign in to follow this  
Tier1Voodoo

Help on Porting Weapons

I'm trying to port Sabre's M4 from ArmA 2 to Arma 3, but I don't know how (personal use only). I've tried to swap Massi's M4 model but the textures didn't show up. It's just like holding shadows. When I'd copied the original Sabre's @SOTG, the model showed up, the holo had textures, but the weapon was solid black. Anyone please help me

Quite simply you should not do so without permission, regardless of intentions. I'm sure when asked properly if you could port it for your personal use, he may have said yes, or perhaps no. Either way you should always ask permission, its a serious sign of respect

I would suggest first learning how to port one of the vanilla A2/OA weapons first, via the official sources, and then you might understand more of what might be missing.

The main issue is usually Rvmats that cause this problem (I found that out importing A2/OA models with their Rvmats). But as the above people said, you're better off waiting for (hopefully) Sabre to adapt it for A3. OR use Robert Hammer's M4s for the time being.

I've PMed Sabre, but He hasn't answered it. In the meantime I use Sabre's M4 Block II, FHQ's M4, and RH M4

Anyone knows how to make Magpul PMAG and CTR? (partial weapons part like stock or magazine)