koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

What do you mean by that?

You can animate an object through scripting, like cargo doors of a helicopter, maybe what you mean is an animation source?

I think that is going to be solved with the marksman dlc, it was rumored it would finally add in deployable bipods.

Anyway you can do custom animations and use scripting to activate them, but they need to be properly defined in the model.cfg, that is to say you either need an unbinarized model you can edit, or the already existing model needs that stuff already defined.

RH and STI weapons had pretty well made bipods in their weapon packs. It was also made with animation class in CfgModels. And the bipod is changing when you switch fire mod, not sure how that is done. But I guess it's the best way how to do it.

In that case sorry i wasn't of any help. :(

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

RH and STI weapons had pretty well made bipods in their weapon packs. It was also made with animation class in CfgModels. And the bipod is changing when you switch fire mod, not sure how that is done. But I guess it's the best way how to do it.

My guess is through selector animation.

Some standard BIS weapons have working selector plates, maybe they recycled animation sources for the bipods.

If you notice they are animated when you switch through fire modes.

Edited by Chairborne

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/currentWeaponMode. Well very theoretically, you could use this to found out if it's bipod deployed and upon that execute the AGM_bipodDeployed. Try this out Lifetap

And AGM has already function to select weapon mode, so it should be somehow possible. Sad is that the same can not be done with BI weapons, unless they have hidden animation class.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/currentWeaponMode. Well very theoretically, you could use this to found out if it's bipod deployed and upon that execute the AGM_bipodDeployed. Try this out Lifetap

And AGM has already function to select weapon mode, so it should be somehow possible. Sad is that the same can not be done with BI weapons, unless they have hidden animation class.

What we could do is to add a check for forbidden weapon modes while trying to deploy. You'd have to select a mode with deployed bipod first and can only then use the resting key. I don't see any gameplay benefit in that though.

Hi folks, I've stumbled across a small problem: is there a way to determine whether player is conscious or not? I've looked into the sources and while there are functions to knock certain player out or wake him up, there seems to be no obvious way to figure out is he already knocked out. Am I missing something? :)

Easier fix: uncheck "Disable Command Menu" in the AGM options. :cool:

Great to know !! Thanks for the tip ;)

Hi folks, I've stumbled across a small problem: is there a way to determine whether player is conscious or not? I've looked into the sources and while there are functions to knock certain player out or wake him up, there seems to be no obvious way to figure out is he already knocked out. Am I missing something? :)

_unit getVariable ["AGM_Unconscious", false]

commy2;2829146']What we could do is to add a check for forbidden weapon modes while trying to deploy. You'd have to select a mode with deployed bipod first and can only then use the resting key. I don't see any gameplay benefit in that though.

Well' date=' the idea is that when you use your resting key, the bipod will be deployed via function select weapon mode. Yeah there is no benefit in gameplay, but it would be visually great.

And now CUP is released, there are plenty of weapons with bipods and if they would make them work via animation class. They could also add [i']AGM_Bipod = 1;[/i] and upon that you could determine if change weapon mod with bipod.

So yeah, that would be great, now just add hand animation to it and you have visually working bipods with AGM resting, that is something. :D

If you want the opinion of an ignorant like me, it's better wait for the marksman DLC before losing time over a feature that is most likely going to be inserted in the engine 3 or 4 months from now. :confused:

What we have now works well enough.

@Chairborne Fair enough, I was just thinking aloud :D Anyway, lot of CUP weapons has bipod already deployed so if they add AGM_Bipod = 1; it should be enough.

Just wonder if the AGM damage setting is a bit to "tough". When flying as pilot it takes almost no impact at all to take damage to torso. Even the gentlest of landings in fixed wing causes a major injury. Also the G effects on people onboard as gunners or sitting on the rails are still a bit over dramatic. Is there any setting one can tweak to minimize this ?

It just a bit of confidence killer when softly touching down your A10 and seconds later im suffering blurry vision and bloodloss ;)

Just wonder if the AGM damage setting is a bit to "tough". When flying as pilot it takes almost no impact at all to take damage to torso. Even the gentlest of landings in fixed wing causes a major injury. Also the G effects on people onboard as gunners or sitting on the rails are still a bit over dramatic. Is there any setting one can tweak to minimize this ?

It just a bit of confidence killer when softly touching down your A10 and seconds later im suffering blurry vision and bloodloss ;)

I'm able to land without getting hurt. Have you tried it with the vanilla planes?

The "over dramatic" G-Forces effect has already been fixed in the development version.

Well, the idea is that when you use your resting key, the bipod will be deployed via function select weapon mode. Yeah there is no benefit in gameplay, but it would be visually great.

And now CUP is released, there are plenty of weapons with bipods and if they would make them work via animation class. They could also add AGM_Bipod = 1; and upon that you could determine if change weapon mod with bipod.

So yeah, that would be great, now just add hand animation to it and you have visually working bipods with AGM resting, that is something. :D

Honestly we should rather wait to see what BI will do with the Marksman DLC. I mean, how can you release something named " marksman " without weapon resting and bipods, which are at the core of accuracy, and therefore marksmans.

Would be a shame if they start to work on something and BI release the same thing officially. This happened too many time.

Dorak, in the past BI has managed to exclude important features from their releases. This forum discusses many examples. I am grateful for every feature that modders decide to add to their work if and when they think its worth the effort. I think there is a chance that BI includes bipods in the Marksman DLC but I won't believe it before it is on my hard disk. Teaser pics and videos don't count.

Hello, is there any documentation on what changes are required to sight your scopes. Is there some sort of Rangetable for this?

Hello, is there any documentation on what changes are required to sight your scopes.

Currently not, but you can use this, which is basically all you have to do:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/AGM_Scopes/config.cpp#L89

Is there some sort of Rangetable for this?

No, but there is this (still WIP) thing:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185967-AGM-Spotter-App-WIP

commy2;2827898']Thats unfortunately not possible. Most PBOs of AGM rely on config changes and the configs are loaded on game start and can't be changed while the game is running.

You could however make your own package of AGM PBO files and put them into a folder called something like "@My_AGM" and upload that to six. Just make it distinguishable from the "official" version and otherwise don't break our license: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/LICENSE

It seems like people have started doing that' date=' but didn't really read through the GPL license (or the more digestible 'TL;DR version')

Two non GPL-compliant fork have been added on PlayWithSix yesterday:

Authentic-Gameplay-ModAuthentic Gameplay Modification: SOS Edition (@sosagm) by Activity

and

Authentic Gameplay Modification: GameHunt Community Edition. (@gh_agm) by AcidKat

Both do not comply with one of the major requirements of GPL: Re-licensing the modified work under GPL and making the source code available.

This is a bit of a weird situation because they're probably just removing pbo's and not doing any changes to the code, but as a FOSS fan, this just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm able to land without getting hurt. Have you tried it with the vanilla planes?

The "over dramatic" G-Forces effect has already been fixed in the development version

Yes i am able to land without taking damage, but it takes very little for the pilot to get hurt, in particular with fixed wing (vanilla Wipeout).

Im not saying that damage should be turned off, but its annoying when you get the blurry vision for just a very minor damage ( aircraft is not dammaged) and you have to halt your tasks to seek medical aid on ground.

As the pilot is for most COOPs a vital assets and if he needs constant medical attention, then it pretty much delayes the whole gameplay. So im talking more of gamebalance then realism here.

As for G-Forces effects, quite many in our clan still reports this to be an issue. We are running the latest PWS version 0.9.4.1

As for G-Forces effects, quite many in our clan still reports this to be an issue. We are running the latest PWS version 0.9.4.1

The fix isn't released yet. It will be in v0.95.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

This is a bit of a weird situation because they're probably just removing pbo's and not doing any changes to the code, but as a FOSS fan, this just rubs me the wrong way.

As long as they only remove PBOs to customize the package for their servers, there would be no point in releasing a source code. Once they start mass adding own features, it would be different, although I don't think thats the case.

So i've took a look at the wiki and found interesting things, but i still don't know what drives the ear ringing of AGM_Hearing.

Can someone point me out what i need to edit in my config files in order to get the effect ? Because some handguns produce the sound while some HMGs don't. This isn't coherent.

Also while i'm at, what dictates the fact that a weapon overheats or not ?

Edited by Dorak

So i've took a look at the wiki and found interesting things, but i still don't know what drives the ear ringing of AGM_Hearing.

Can someone point me out what i need to edit in my config files in order to get the effect ? Because some handguns produce the sound while some HMGs don't. This isn't coherent.

Also while i'm at, what dictates the fact that a weapon overheats or not ?

It's the "audibleFire" property that is defined inside an ammo config in CfgAmmo. IIRC 64 is the max value for this.