koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

How long until the Git has proper documentation for the current changes and modules? A day or two?

Also I read there are different "options" for us to experiment with (IE: One Bandage Heals All Wounds); where do we add/change those? Do we have to unpack each PBO?

Edited by Incomitatum

How long until the Git has proper documentation for the current changes and modules? A day or two?

Also I read there are different "options" for us to experiment with (IE: One Bandage Heals All Wounds); where do we add/change those? Do we have to unpack each PBO?

Place a module. F7 in the editor under the tab "AGM".

Need further play time but jams seem too frequent. Also is there any way to script the AGM_ModuleMedical and its parameters? I have been trying a few different methods but nothing seems to work well.

I had a jam 3 rounds into an unfired M4, not sure if it's weapon based and therefore might have issues with addon weapons? This was the RH M4. After that Jam though it was fine even after burst firing as fast as possible through 3 mags on the M4. Not done enough testing to really say either way but that was a pretty quick initial jam.

I've noticed that the AGM items are no longer sorting properly in VAS and are no longer showing up in Arsenal. I use Arsenal to make loadouts for missions, so that's kind of a pain.

And for the Map tools, have you added a way to draw lines on the map, as with the ACE map tools? This would be invaluable as it makes triangulation a bit easier and a good deal more precise. Even just adding a long ass line marker would be good. If that's already in, what's the binding?

I'm also curious about the "vector" keybindings in the AGM options. Is this for the FCS?

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

I had a jam 3 rounds into an unfired M4, not sure if it's weapon based and therefore might have issues with addon weapons? This was the RH M4. After that Jam though it was fine even after burst firing as fast as possible through 3 mags on the M4. Not done enough testing to really say either way but that was a pretty quick initial jam.

All weapons have a base reliability stat. Currently its the same for all assault rifles and will result in 40 malfunctions out of 10,000 shots fired. The chance of a malfunction will further increase with the weapons temperature.

Those values definitely will need some adjusting since its really hard to fine tune such big numbers. We are relying on everyones feedback here.

Here is the file if you want to take a look at the numbers (beginning at line 210): https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/AGM_Overheating/config.cpp

I've noticed that the AGM items are no longer sorting properly in VAS and are no longer showing up in Arsenal. I use Arsenal to make loadouts for missions, so that's kind of a pain.

It's a stupid game limitation:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification&p=2751513&viewfull=1#post2751513

And for the Map tools, have you added a way to draw lines on the map, as with the ACE map tools? This would be invaluable as it makes triangulation a bit easier and a good deal more precise. Even just adding a long ass line marker would be good. If that's already in, what's the binding?

There is no such thing currently.

I'm also curious about the "vector" keybindings in the AGM options. Is this for the FCS?

They are for this thing found in the AGM misc box:

http://www.vectronix.ch/userupload/2061_V-IV-Nite_front_main.jpg

commy2;2751969']Place a module. F7 in the editor under the tab "AGM".

Doesn't seem to want to let me edit our MCC missions.

1) That sounds reasonable, I only got the one jam but I also only fired the couple of mags I mentioned so far.

2) I have to say I'd rather be able to access those items and have the AI be able to heal because they have a bandage than to not have easy access to them. I never noticed an issue in the past and it's not like the AI will be loaded full of those items. The only ones they are likely to have SHOULD let them heal. So I'm not sure what the benefit of leaning the other way of that trade-off is, maybe I'm just not seeing it. I was really glad to see that stuff show up in VAS in the proper spot. And considering I can't think of any of those items that would just show up on an AI other than bandages from spawning with FAKs I don't know what the issue could be. Am I missing something?

3) Hopefully it's planned!

4) And that makes sense! haha. I'll mess around with that some more.

Did you guys also do anything to make the interaction menus snappier? They are WAY more responsive for me, it's very nice. They were never bad, but they did take a second to move between various sections, now there is no delay at all.

I also noticed some weird/crazy sway with my RH M4 at one point, it reminded me of when the Bootcamp update had just been released and I was trying out some of the new HLC packs, and the G3 went bananas with the new system where other weapons were relatively reasonable with their sway at high fatigue. I'll have to see if it is just with the RH stuff or not but it was a bit troubling even if it did calm down fairly quick. But it the weapon was visibly swimming all over the place just in my hands, I didn't even have to use the sights to see how huge the sway was.

I have to say I'd rather be able to access those items and have the AI be able to heal because they have a bandage than to not have easy access to them. I never noticed an issue in the past and it's not like the AI will be loaded full of those items. The only ones they are likely to have SHOULD let them heal. So I'm not sure what the benefit of leaning the other way of that trade-off is, maybe I'm just not seeing it. I was really glad to see that stuff show up in VAS in the proper spot. And considering I can't think of any of those items that would just show up on an AI other than bandages from spawning with FAKs I don't know what the issue could be. Am I missing something?

Allowing the AI to heal themselfs did break the medic system for them entirely. The real issue here is the missing item type for something that has no special effect and sits in your inventory but is still shown in the VA. Bohemia has to do something here.

Did you guys also do anything to make the interaction menus snappier? They are WAY more responsive for me, it's very nice. They were never bad, but they did take a second to move between various sections, now there is no delay at all.

No idea honestly. We made some optimizations, but I can't say for sure those have any noticable effect. Keep in mind that this will be slower in MP due to low FPS in general.

I also noticed some weird/crazy sway with my RH M4 at one point, it reminded me of when the Bootcamp update had just been released and I was trying out some of the new HLC packs, and the G3 went bananas with the new system where other weapons were relatively reasonable with their sway at high fatigue. I'll have to see if it is just with the RH stuff or not but it was a bit troubling even if it did calm down fairly quick. But it the weapon was visibly swimming all over the place just in my hands, I didn't even have to use the sights to see how huge the sway was.

We removed the sway we used previously in favor of the Bootcamp sway. Since we don't do anything to the sway right of now, I guess thats from the base game or the weapons pack.

Great work! Big improvement and love the additions. two Questions:

1: I'm very big on realism. IS there a way to remove the names above the head on players / AI? I've placed the interaction module and set the value to 0, but the name will still appear.

2: With the map tool, is there a way to make it smaller so we can use the ruler to mark an 8 digit grid? It's almost as if the map tool is too big.

Again, very good work! I am going to implement this into my server on my next reboot.

Great work! Big improvement and love the additions. two Questions:

1: I'm very big on realism. IS there a way to remove the names above the head on players / AI? I've placed the interaction module and set the value to 0, but the name will still appear.

2: With the map tool, is there a way to make it smaller so we can use the ruler to mark an 8 digit grid? It's almost as if the map tool is too big.

Again, very good work! I am going to implement this into my server on my next reboot.

Agreed, a way to switch between the large and a smaller map tool would be a great addition, similar to the compass of old.

As for the first question, you can set it in "AGM Options." It'll let you change how and if the names show up.

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

How did it break the medic system? I seem to remember AI being able to patch up just fine when I was playing.

I agree it'd be great to have BI do something though. More flexibility is always better.

Odd about the sway, it seems way more pronounced for me than it was when I tried out the boot camp stuff. It takes almost no time sprinting to end up with ludicrous sway. Same with vanilla weapons. Hrm.

I did a ISIS suicide bombing mission with my friend when I figured you can now put bombs onto cars, but I could only detonate the bombs one at a time.

Shouldnt they set each other off? If a satchel goes off on top of 3 explosive charges, it should have enough energy to detonte the others anyway.

But is there a option to detonate all at once? (or a way to) because that sounds like a very very good idea.

There is currently no way to detonate all at once, it is requested feature though and will be looked into.

Not a lot has changed from Arma's handling of explosives in terms of detonation from other explosives and so on. So unfortunately what you are currently seeing might remain as such. Unless someone knows off hand if eventHandlers can be added to CfgAmmo objects?

There is currently no way to detonate all at once, it is requested feature though and will be looked into.

Not a lot has changed from Arma's handling of explosives in terms of detonation from other explosives and so on. So unfortunately what you are currently seeing might remain as such. Unless someone knows off hand if eventHandlers can be added to CfgAmmo objects?[/quote

LordJarhead has requested this on the feedback tracker

Yeah I think it should be like, where satchels detonate everything (so you can clear part of a enemy explosives thing or something this way), including AT mines and such.

Sorry, but how do you incrementally open doors? The changelog just says to hold the button and use the scroll wheel, but I tried holding space, interact, and the middle mouse button and none of them incrementally open doors.

so i see that there is a new prisoner system. how do we use this?

---------- Post added at 02:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

so i see that there is a new prisoner system. how do we use this?
so i see how to do it now and it is pretty nice. i do have a few questions though, is there some system where ai will automatically surrender? and possibly a surrender key that makes you drop your weapons? if not then these would be a VERY nice features. also i would suggest that after a certain amount of time they pickup they're weapon or something like that. also the new items added with this update (such as cables for taking prisoners) are not is my BIS arsenal but they are in the VAS box. if these are not in the BIS arsenal then i would strongly suggest adding them. if they are there can you please tell me where they are? ps thanks for all your great work. Edited by vuther316
forgot the last part about the items not being in the arsenal as far as i could tell

Sorry, but how do you incrementally open doors? The changelog just says to hold the button and use the scroll wheel, but I tried holding space, interact, and the middle mouse button and none of them incrementally open doors.

Maybe try LEFT CTRL + MOUSEWHEEL, I just say that because that is the same key binding for the standalone version of incremental door opening. I think.

If I can't edit the mission to add the modules, is there code I can add to the Init.sqf that will do the same?

I can unpack the PBO for MCC, but it doesn't seem like I can edit the mission.

If you're using the default AGM Key bindings, and want to open the doors completely it's just CTRL + SPACE.

For the incremental openening it's holding CTRL + SPACE and then scrolling the mouse wheel.

---------- Post added at 06:32 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

How can I use earplugs? I got them but when I shoot my ears bell!

There's a key for that in the "AGM Options" (press ESC to find them in the upper left corner).

Or you could use the Self-Interaction Menu and find the option at the lower left side.

arma3_2014_08_13_08_29_28_490.jpg

Click to enlarge

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 ----------

If I can't edit the mission to add the modules, is there code I can add to the Init.sqf that will do the same?

I can unpack the PBO for MCC, but it doesn't seem like I can edit the mission.

You could try adding the desired modules to a new map. In a text editor copy the added lines from the mission.sqm file and paste them in your mcc mission.sqm in the right place. There's somethink funky in your mission file... so it seems.

Hey, I've been testing AGM. I liked it so far and using it in our community.

One question I have is: Is there a way to disable the medical system on AI?

Make the AI using default A3 medical system and AGM medical system for players only.

Because it is frustrating for us to see the AI bleed out since they can't heal themself.

also the new items added with this update (such as cables for taking prisoners) are not is my BIS arsenal but they are in the VAS box. if these are not in the BIS arsenal then i would strongly suggest adding them. if they are there can you please tell me where they are?

Not possible without introducing some major bugs.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification&p=2751513&viewfull=1#post2751513

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2