koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

I'm the only one who notice a not negligible increase of bandwith outgoing ( that cause more often desync on low bandwith client ) when someone is hit? I looked at the code and I think all these var setvariable ["",true] combined with CBA_fnc_globalExecute generate an useless amount of data traffic, everythink happens is synced between all clients, even if I don't need those data ( maybe I'm 10 km away or I'm not the medic or simply don't need because I can't do anything )

Is it possible to setup LEFT SHIFT (42) key for weapon resting?

Sry for the silence guys, was busy.

Quick feedback: The shades/goggles shaders are great, and while it's awesome to see sunglasses have an effect on contrast and total light intensity I found the "tactical goggles" to use the same effect, even when they (presumably) shouldn't. This interferes with some night-based missions. I get that it's not a good idea to wear shades at night; but tactical glasses should not measurably interfere with the absorbed light spectrum. Just a minor side note of course. Great job and thank you very much for this!

Noted.

I am wanting to use the later builds for a dedi server, but i only seem to be able to download unpbo'd folders. This in itself isnt an issue, but the lack of bisigns is

Is there a later build available with bisigns than the 0.9?

The next version will be released shortly. We might release beta versions more frequently in the future to make beta testing easier, but it won't be regular (e.g. nightly builds).

Feature request: Disable and/or toggle per Hotkey the Display "Player Name". Those floating names ruin the immersion/realism.

We won't make it a hotkey, but there might be a setting in the options for that in the future.

I tryed to search multiplayer topics or posts about the issue I have. I've been playing with my friend, some coop games (dynamic universal war system). And it seems my friend cannot go unconscious at all. He always drops dead when he gets shot at. I myself (as a host) will go unconscious and my friend can revieve me. But he will just die everytime. Same thing when playing single player. All my buddies always just dies instead of going unconscious.

AI always falls unconscious when players would die. Your (human) friend in multiplayer probably just got unlucky. If you get hit heavily, there's a decent chance you'll just die. In the next version you will be able to prevent instant death with a module.

I already saw your issue on GitHub, sry for the late reply. We'd like to keep a simple, lightweight look for the menu, so we'd rather not use images. Regarding the icons; That is something we could look into.

Hi KoffeinFlummi

For your medical system did you plan to add defibrillator ? I know you have Epinephrine but for this one can you add when you inject epi you have 15% chance to wake up injured. And with Defibrillator you have 95% chance to wake up injured, after two attempt with defibrillator the patient was dead and respawn in respawn marker with his stuff.

One more thing, for the medical system can you add Tourniquet ? when you apply this on your patient he stop bleeding, when you remove it, he restart to bleeding ? During the apply of tourniquet you can't apply bandage. you need to remove tourniquet to put bandage. If the patient keep the tourniquet too long he fainted.

Did you plan this ?

We'd prefer to keep the medical system simple, to strike a balance between interesting gameplay for medics and overcomplicated realism. We encourage people to use different medical system if they prefer more complex simulation, since AGM is modular and Medical is entirely optional.

I have created in the editor an injured soldier ([this, "PRONE_INJURED", "FULL"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim; soldier setHitPointDamage ["hitBody", 0.7]; soldier setHitPointDamage ["hitLegs", 0.7]; soldier setBleedingRemaining 50 and I would like to load this soldier into a fenneK, as a small mission.

What should I enter here for a script so I can load him?

To be able to drag/load a patient, put this in his init line:

this setVariable ["AGM_Unconscious", true];

Is it possible to setup LEFT SHIFT (42) key for weapon resting?

The current way the keybindings are setup only allows for Shift to be a modifier. This might be improved on in a later update.

About resting... for weapons to support bipods, something should be added to weapon code or to AGM code?

>aadjppnemstpsraswrfldleft_bwa3_deploy

wut :D

So, in short, i need to pass AGM_Bipod = 1 variable to weapon code in mod?

I'm the only one who notice a not negligible increase of bandwith outgoing ( that cause more often desync on low bandwith client ) when someone is hit? I looked at the code and I think all these var setvariable ["",true] combined with CBA_fnc_globalExecute generate an useless amount of data traffic, everythink happens is synced between all clients, even if I don't need those data ( maybe I'm 10 km away or I'm not the medic or simply don't need because I can't do anything )

I did notice this also. Too many variables are synched to all players without any use. E.g. In case someone is hit, the exact bloodlevel is synched to all players at least once per second, but is only used by medics to see if they should apply a bloodbag.

I've already created a version in which CBA globalExecute is replaced by BIS_fnc_MP (and is executed for specific player only) and requirement to sync values has siginificantly been reduced. Currently still testing it but will share asap.

I am wondering if you guys are also considering adding in water consumption/dehydration to add to the gameplay at all?

From what I have seen in ArmA, this key part of reality has been neglected almost entirely (unless you take into account DayZ/Wasteland) in most realism modifications.

Otherwise I love everything you guys are doing here. Simply amazing stuff.

I have only put this: this setVariable ["AGM_Unconscious", true]; into the init line of the soldier, but nothing happens.

I want that the patient/soldier is laying on the ground, is hurt on body, legs, arms and head and he is bledding and also he is unconscious so I can load him into a vehicle.

What must I write in the init line?

Thanks in advance

I have version 0.9

Edited by Viper2

commy2;2713837']This is not possible with AI controlled units right now afaik.

Yeah it is. Using the knockOut function would kill them, but if you put the AGM_Unconscious line into the init field you can go up to them, drag them, carry them and load them into vehicles. If you just want them to lay on the ground, just start dragging and release them again.

I can't build latest AGM, cfgconverter fails at some stage, sadly without any debug messages.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

UPD: it seems like AGM_SafeMode is responsible for crash.

Yeah it is. Using the knockOut function would kill them, but if you put the AGM_Unconscious line into the init field you can go up to them, drag them, carry them and load them into vehicles. If you just want them to lay on the ground, just start dragging and release them again.

Sorry about more question: what exactly must I writ in the init line that the patient/soldier is laying on the ground, is hurt on body, legs, arms and head and he is bledding and also he is unconscious so I can load him into a vehicle?

Many thanks in advance

We won't make it a hotkey, but there might be a setting in the options for that in the future.

// by commy2

#define DISTANCE 5
#define DELAY 1

_rscLayer = ["AGM_showPlayerNames"] call BIS_fnc_rscLayer;

while {true} do {
sleep DELAY;
_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;
_visibleName = false;
if (vehicle player == player && {isPlayer _cursorTarget} && {player distance _cursorTarget < DISTANCE}) then {
	_name = name _cursorTarget;
	_rscLayer cutText [_name, "PLAIN", 0.1];
	_visibleName = [b]false[/b];
} else {
	if (_visibleName) then {
		_rscLayer cutText ["", "PLAIN", 0.1];
		_visibleName = false;
	};
};
};

Hi Flummi,

because I don't want to break anything or create issues - this dirty "fix" would do it, so no names would be displayed, right?

... this dirty "fix" would do it, so no names would be displayed, right?

No that would break it / do nothing at all.

I'm working on adding the possibility to disable / enable some features with the options menu, the player names among others.

http://i.imgur.com/OvJsbN9.png

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

Hey guys, great mod so far!

Any option to disable markers being transmitted to other players like ACE? And some map tools please (like a compass you actually use on the map to get bearings etc and a rular)

Hi,

first of all, amazing mod! Its really a must have.

One small bugreport:

If AGM_Vehicles is active, the strider hmg/gmg (fennek) looses its gunner position (in editor and in game). Only commander, passenger and driver is still possible.

Current game version, no other mod active.

When AGM_Vehicles.pbo is disabled, the gunner position is accessible as normal.

Other than that no problems and and much better gameplay!

Cheers

Crusader

Thouragly looking forward to this mod,cherry picking the pbos tho as i use psychos wounding,but would prefer this for the epi:) will hold off till there is support for AI.

Thanks for these great features

Version 0.91 is now out. Download here:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/releases/tag/v0.91

MEGA mirror: https://mega.co.nz/#!Y0UBwKST!UkrGpfTzpl3TEHmTQsmyABbnTnG7n-HB6Kr-ELP45Kk

Changelog here:

- Fixed: 'Center To Current Position' was still present in briefing screen.

- Fixed: Back button in interaction menu always went to the self menu.

- Fixed: Changing from standing to crouching while walking would stop the movement.

- Fixed: Gunner seat of Fennek/Strider was broken.

- Fixed: Interaction menu would bug out on exotic resolutions.

- Fixed: KeyDown event handlers weren't initialized properly when spawning inside a vehicle.

- Fixed: Reloading a savegame would break KeyDown event handlers.

- Fixed: Resting the weapon while in adjusted prone stances would cause you to stand up.

- Fixed: Resting weapon during medical treatments would cause weirdnesses.

- Fixed: Some 'Updating Base Class' bugs.

- Fixed: Starting a new mission while wearing NVGs would cause weird ligth effects.

- Fixed: The direction of the wind readout was reversed.

- Fixed: The name of the MBT Revolution is now Leopard 2SG.

- Fixed: The night vision effect didn't work in vehicles.

- Fixed: Treatment of civilians wasn't possible.

- Fixed: Unconscious effect would carry over to spectator mode/other players after teamswitch.

- Fixed: Volume of medical supplies now match the things they replace.

- Fixed: Waking up people in certain buildings would cause them to wake up under the floor.

- Fixed: Wind ballistics were broken.

- Added: Better Fatigue system.

- Added: Changes to the behaviour of air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles and rockets (thanks Crusty)

- Added: Changes to the flight behaviour of various planes (thanks Crusty)

- Added: Check PBOs module to allow mission makers to make sure that everyone has the right AGM subset.

- Added: Helicopters now have the fire control system aswell.

- Added: Key for shoulder tapping

- Added: Laser Marker to the copilot seat of the Wildcat (thanks Crusty)

- Added: Module for the medical system, allowing mission designers to customize a variety of options

- Added: More ammo types (armour-piercing, subsonic)

- Added: Option to check weapon's temperature

- Added: Passengers of medical vehicles now don't bleed anymore.

- Added: Player names and weapon selection via number keys can now be turned off in the AGM options.

- Added: Players are now notified when they abort an action.

- Added: Players are now notified when they are given morphine to prevent grieving.

- Added: Realistic weaponry and weapon names for vehicles

- Added: Thermal properties of humans were adjusted. (thanks nKey)

- Added: Unconscious players can't talk with TFAR anymore.

- Added: Weapons that are compatible with TMR_Autorest (bipods) are now also compatible with AGM_Resting.

- Changed: Adjusted the amount ear plugs dampen overall sound.

- Changed: Completely overhauled all recoils.

- Changed: Goggles effect of the clear tactical goggles adjusted.

- Changed: The A-10 now has a proper name.

- Changed: Tweaked the NVG adjustment.

- Changed: Vehicle and weapon renaming is now in seperate PBOs and therefore optional.

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

After playing for hours on Whole Lotta Altis with this mod, all i can say is wow, am speechless, the amount of realism this addon adds when playing WLA, is incredible.

Amazing work you guys are doing, and i really loved the medic side of the mod.

big applause to you guys for your work!

Will there ever be any work on Rotary-wing weaponry? ACE Simulated some weapons that made the game feel more interactive when attacking targets with helicopters. As of now the vanilla system is only "lock > fire > repeat", in Arma 2 with ACE we had that fancy point and shoot with the Hellfires.

What I've also noticed in the game, it's been on my mind for quite some time is the current canons in the helicopters, they are usually too accurate and seems to be pretty unstable during flight, meaning all airframes must be stationary unless you aim off target for about 100-200m.

AGM is really great right now but I wonder if there's ever going to be some focus on flying proportion of the game? :)

Oh and I've noticed that we get hurt as pilots when landing helicopters, sometimes regardless of if it's smooth or not

Edited by Oksman