koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

I can't wait to see RHS use their 200k$ to release a stand alone game sold 35€on steam... With you know wich finger raised and a great troll face. They're already pissing me off with their incompatible content, now we're losing AGM project.

AWESOME ...

Thank you anyway guys, you made my last year on ArmA 3 so great with AGM, and I will continue to use it... until BIS breaks it with the next DLC... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So, CSE and AGM killed in one go... heh.

MANW hurt more than it gave.

Well, what now? The only 2 proper overhaul mods are dead.

Of course modding for a contest is wrong, i do not disagree with you about it, but did AGM start it' s existence for the contest? I don' t think so, i might be wrong but i' m pretty sure that AGM started to exist before the start of MANW and that they joined pretty late.

So, even if they indeed didn' t mod for the contest, i can absolutely understand their decision when i see this:

The fact that BI organised the contest in such a fashion that allowed these "MP game modes" to win such ridiculous amount of money since all the COD guys voted for it and that AGM didn' t receive a single dollar must be a real motivation killer, even if they didn' t started to mod for it.

This is purely mis-management by BIS.

ohhh yeah youre right

i should stop modding too as i even have a larger motivation hole

- no money won

- low playerbase with nearly no feedback anymore

- no donations

- playing no arma anymore

- have about 20 projects which also would need my time

- working solo on damn large projects (XMS2 for example)

the reason the AGM modding team provided was pretty much shit (there are always deeper reasons) so either this is a way too early april fools joke (same goes for CSE) or they just dont think they have a responsibility with AGM

blaming BIS for a decision of AGM team is easy but simply wrong

if BIS was the reason for a stop you had a money oriented team here regardless of the start (and that corrupts the modding community anyway ... so its better to have those modifications being gone before larger harm will happen)

With a bit of luck its just a sick April Fool's. Either that or my previous post was more accurate than I thought.

Shame! Your efforts are apreciated. Thanks for making it opensource! I am more and more certain that the 500k€ should have gone to better documentation and mod tools instead of the contest. But hey! Lets hope its just a early April fools!

@X39: Honestly i do think that this whole Make Arma not War was a big mistake, and i would of preffered that it didn' t happened at all. But hey it is there, so what can i do about it?

I' m blaming BIS because with the way the contest was organized it was obvious that the "codish" game modes were gonna get the most votes since all the COD/BF/Altis Life players brought by Arma3' s stupid game design were gonna vote for it, and that a large part of the money spent on the "mp game mode" category should' ve instead be spent on more slots in the Total conversion category, where RHS would have been won, of course, but so other mods such as AGM, CSE and else would have won some money. Alive also should' ve won money.

Anyway i just saw that CSE also announced that they stopped, either this is indeed a coordinated april fool' s joke by both mod teams or BI just killed the "Military simulation" aspect left in the Arma license.

Or it is all a play by both mod teams to announce that the ones who don' t have motivation anymore left their respective boats, while the ones who still have will join forces and form a common super mod team, CSM or AGE, which would be pretty badass. (I' m not holding my breath).

... I guess that you didn't know that "all the COD/BF/Altis Life players brought by Arma3' s stupid game design" didn't actually have a vote at all in TM/MP, huh? Other than SP finalists, the rest of the contest was never up to popular vote -- and BI+community (including a former dev, "owner/operator" of a milsim group, and PC Gamer's biggest Arma 2 fan) formed a plurality of the jury that decided the winners.

No i did not.

So who exactly decided to attribute 50 000$ and 30 000$ to KOTH and Battle Royale?

2764734-2049817071-its_h.gif

I'm looking for the new thread in "discussion"

BANANAS - :yay:

Edited by theNaCH

Or it is all a play by both mod teams to announce that the ones who don' t have motivation anymore left their respective boats, while the ones who still have will join forces and form a common super mod team, CSM or AGE, which would be pretty badass. (I' m not holding my breath).

ACE 3 announce on 1st april ? :yay:

That wouldn' t inspire too much confidence, i would prefer if it was announced on april 2.:p

Perfect....just perfect.....welp it was great...who all is left on the dev teams and do they need a project co-ordinator....lets just be serious and merge CSE with AGM. drop the duality and get one solid realism mod working. keep tight collab with ALIVE and hustle on....id put money into it if i knew the players and the stakes behind this whole CSE and AGM shut down......granted i dont have 30k to spend on multi mods nobody actually GAFA......Good luck either way...but im down to help things get rolling.....

Various people have messaged me asking for progress on the next version or things like the PIP optics we showed on YouTube. Unfortunately however, I have to annouce that due to various reasons, the AGM team has decided to discontinue work on the AGM project. None of us feel like they have the required motivation to continue development, and as such it is pointless for us to keep going.

Oh man, that just ruined my day... :huh:

I mean, I just broke down and cried for two hours, I realize of the amazing work you've done there, and the insane amount of hours you dedicated to it.

Such an awful day for the Arma 3 community ( losing both AGM & CSE ). We are just left to pray to God to bring a solution to this...

Edited by MistyRonin

Something fishy is going on here...

Please be April fools, please be April fools.

No i did not.

So who exactly decided to attribute 50 000$ and 30 000$ to KOTH and Battle Royale?

TL;DR: Without the judges' scorecards we'll never know. :lol:

There were 120 points to go around in TM/Addon/MP (SP had 240 points) to be distributed, ten per judge (twenty in SP), as they saw fit across the entries in a given category, with placing in each category besides Health Care in Danger being determined by each entry's total points assigned by all twelve judges... so it was entirely possible for an entry to miss out on 3rd place by one point. Hell, Get Wrecked and Twilight Onslaught weren't "everyone liked those two equally but less than BRGH or KOTH", they were "Get Wrecked and Twilight Onslaught got the same total amount of points, but both individually got less than BRGH and that got less than KOTH."

Oh man, that just ruined my day... :huh:

I mean, I just broke down and cried for two hours, I realize of the amazing work you've done there, and the insane amount of hours you dedicated to it.

Such an awful day for the Arma 3 community ( losing both AGM & CSE ). We are just left to pray to God to bring a solution to this...

Nice edit.

This better be an april fool, or I'll be drop-kicking my monitor.

This is all the more reason BIS better add in Windage for Ballistics in the Expansion. The more realistic it becomes, hopefully the less main stream (COD/BFBC Era +/CS/Arcade Game Here) junkies come to spoil actual teamwork and tactical gameplay, and show BIS what Arma is actually supposed to be. As close to sim as possible, the closer it is to the Niche that i bought any Arma game for to begin with.

On the other hand, if this turns out to be an April Fools joke on the early, i can go ahead and assume the Dev's of AGM haven't made

the pledge

None of us feel like they have the required motivation to continue development, and as such it is pointless for us to keep going.

Such a pity, you've done a so great job and brought a very excinting game experience for many players ! Anyway, thank you very much for this addon. Tcho !

I bet for Ace 3 coming at 1. april and CSE and AGM are merged into it/ or something like that.