koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

yes - I get that - ok for for server spawns. BUT for zeus and other reasons many Ai Mods are recommended to run both Server and Client side..

Either way would be great to get the AI element and weapons elements added so it's modular.

Let me see if I can find the Git log thingy....

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/2175

Edited by serjames

Why don't you setup a custom repo on PW6 and delete the AI pbo rather than add modules which I don't think are required for such a basic adjustment.

yes - I get that - ok for for server spawns. BUT for zeus and other reasons many Ai Mods are recommended to run both Server and Client side..

Either way would be great to get the AI element and weapons elements added so it's modular.

Let me see if I can find the Git log thingy....

J

As a basic programmer, i would say, that thats true the PW6 doesnt let you set the order.

But the server does by the command line, so the server is checking in his order if you have those mods = You dont have to run the mods as the server runs them, the important thing is to have them so = for example: -mods=@CBA;ASR_AI3 ... you can load them as a private user in what order you want.

Why don't you setup a custom repo on PW6 and delete the AI pbo rather than add modules which I don't think are required for such a basic adjustment.

Because deleting the pbo's is a headache = asking to each and every member to delete them (big clans like 50 People is really annoying) and it is much easier to edit it through the mission with modules.

Cyrus - yeah in theory you're right mate it would be doable - but it's genuinely a nightmare to manage with such a large unit - we have plus/minus 75 active players with our ops being minimum 50 strong so it's super difficult to have anything too bespoke WITHOUT it becoming a job for someone to maintain.

90 of this issue is solved I think by the load-order on the server.

BUT given AGM's desire to be fully modular it would be nice to have the feature there.... Anyway I've taken up a LOT of forum space.. SJ Out

Because deleting the pbo's is a headache = asking to each and every member to delete them (big clans like 50 People is really annoying) and it is much easier to edit it through the mission with modules.

It's quite impossible to do it in a different way, most of it is config based and that can't be changed when the game is running. Maybe you can setup your own repository using ArmA3Sync or similar. As a work-around you could also use AGM's Check PBOs module and set it to Kick/Warning, which will tell your users what they are missing/have too much compared to what's on the server.

It's quite impossible to do it in a different way, most of it is config based and that can't be changed when the game is running. Maybe you can setup your own repository using ArmA3Sync or similar. As a work-around you could also use AGM's Check PBOs module and set it to Kick/Warning, which will tell your users what they are missing/have too much compared to what's on the server.

We are using custom repo..

As for the deleting, as the SJ said, I prefer his way, but if its not possible, so be it.

Is it somehow possible to declare a vehicle via config.cpp as a medical vehicle? The same way like adding/enable fastroping?

Any ideas on this?

For declaring a vehicle as a medical vehicle via config you'd need to put this code in the vehicles "Init_Eventhandler":

_this setVariable ['AGM_IsMedic', true];

For the fastroping, you'd need to add 2 entries in it's config:

AGM_FastRoping = 1;
AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{1.4, 1.4, 0}, {-1.2, 1.4, 0}};

Positions are where the ropes "originate" from, it uses the chopper's center as attachTo without the third parameter.

For declaring a vehicle as a medical vehicle via config you'd need to put this code in the vehicles "Init_Eventhandler":

_this setVariable ['AGM_IsMedic', true];

How is this going to work in the config.cpp of the vehicle?

class Init_EventHandlers
{
class MY_VEHICLE
   {
        [color=#333333][i]_this setVariable ['AGM_IsMedic', true];[/i][/color]
   };
};

I've absolutly no idea... i'm wildly guessing...

Edited by audiocustoms

How is this going to work in the config.cpp of the vehicle?

class Init_EventHandlers
{
class MY_VEHICLE
   {
        [color=#333333][i]_this setVariable ['AGM_IsMedic', true];[/i][/color]
   };
};

I've absolutly no idea... i'm wildly guessing...

You're guessing pretty correctly there. This is how I'd do it using CBA's XEH, which shouldn't be a problem since we're already using AGM:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
   class MY_VEHICLE {
       myChopperInit ="_this setVariable ['AGM_IsMedic', true]";
   };
};

EDIT: You could of course do it the vanilla way, which I believe is done inside the vehicle class like UserActions, though I'm not sure how to do it, never tried it before.

Edited by 654wak654

The vanilla way would be nice to avoid another dependency... Like fastroping...

Example from my current config.cpp

displayName = "NH90 BW Transport";
vehicleClass = "Air";
AGM_FastRoping = 1;
AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{ 0.6,-4,-0.25 },{ -0.6,-4,-0.25 }};
crew = "B_Helipilot_F";

Possible like this?

displayName = "NH90 BW Transport";
vehicleClass = "Air";

[b]AGM_IsMedic = 1;[/b]

AGM_FastRoping = 1;
AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{ 0.6,-4,-0.25 },{ -0.6,-4,-0.25 }};
crew = "B_Helipilot_F";

Nope. Config entries and script variables are different things.

Here is the "vanilla way", apparently it's as simple as a init parameter (who whould have taught):

init = "(_this select 0) setVariable ['AGM_IsMedic', true]";

Still getting a weird glitch with AGM ragdolls. Sometimes when a unit gets hit their arms warp out to the side about 10m for a split second. I mentioned it a while back but it seems to be happening more often now.

My guess is some selection issue with the models.

Thanks Cuel.. Looks like that config will only work on Vanilla units ?

Am I right ?

if so I definitely would like a module to A)disable it altogether or B) allow me to add the ACTUAL Opfor/Blufor classnames I'm using. Potentially even tweak the settings in the module ?

Is that possible commy ?

It only affects vanilla weapons. The AI values depend on the weapon not the unit.

Configs can be changed while the game is running. They get compiled on game start, which is why it's impossible to change them via module.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Any ideas on this?

attendant = 1;

is it possible to have the "deploy ropes" on a heli with cargo door or side doors , only when the doors is open???

can i set this to the model config other way ? right now is

AGM_FastRoping = 1;
   AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {
   { 0.6,-4,-0.25 },
   { -0.6,-4,-0.25 }};

i tried AGM_FastRoping = 0; in config and then under class cargoopendoor i set it to AGM_FastRoping = 1; but not worked.

thanks

i bring back this post because i cant understand what must be lock on the heli

jonpas told me that

"You can use lock or setVehicleLock commands, just add them to your door opening script. AGM Fast Roping works only when the vehicle is unlocked."

i cant understand what must be lock on the heli without affecting the normal operation of the mod ..

is there an example for the lock that told me ?

thanks again and sorry for the duplication .....

Hello guys, I just realized that AI spawned with ALiVE don't have morphine and bendages (in their equipment) like it used to have before last update. Instead, they do have the yellow arma 3 first aids.

Could you please check this out?

Thanks!

Hello guys, I just realized that AI spawned with ALiVE don't have morphine and bendages (in their equipment) like it used to have before last update. Instead, they do have the yellow arma 3 first aids.

Could you please check this out?

Thanks!

This has always been the case. Everyone spawns with first aid kits and when you pick them up, they get converted to bandages and morphine.

i bring back this post because i cant understand what must be lock on the heli

jonpas told me that

"You can use lock or setVehicleLock commands, just add them to your door opening script. AGM Fast Roping works only when the vehicle is unlocked."

i cant understand what must be lock on the heli without affecting the normal operation of the mod ..

is there an example for the lock that told me ?

thanks again and sorry for the duplication .....

It was just my idea how you can make it work, since AGM Fast Roping only works when vehicle is actually unlocked. With locking I mean the same setting you can set in the editor to "Lock" the vehicle and prevent anyone getting in and out. You can do that with setVehicleLock or lock commands (one global the other not) and prevent fast roping that way. It might not be feasible enough though, totally matters what you are trying to do.

@jonpas

the code that i need is for the config.cpp of the model. Not for script on a mission . So i think that at the moment isnt possible that.....

thanks anyway :)

commy2;2898760']This has always been the case. Everyone spawns with first aid kits and when you pick them up' date=' they get converted to bandages and morphine.[/quote']

Oh well, last night I didn't see it. That conversion isn't happening anymore. At least with the lastest AGM and ALiVE versions.

Oh well, last night I didn't see it. That conversion isn't happening anymore. At least with the lastest AGM and ALiVE versions.

Maybe the soldiers you are using aren't compatible with CBA's XEH. Try it with soldiers from vanilla and the latest CBA.

---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

@jonpas

the code that i need is for the config.cpp of the model. Not for script on a mission . So i think that at the moment isnt possible that.....

thanks anyway :)

You could change the condition of the fastroping action in config to include the annimation state of the door being at a certain value for this helicoper class.

Sorry if this question has already been answered... Would take me awhile to get through all these pages!

I use ASR AI but would also like to use AGM_AI module. At the moment ASR AI sets the skill of spawned units in both editor made missions and in Zeus missions (if the Zeus is running ASR AI). Is it recommended to disable ASR AI's skill setting module and instead use AGM_AI's skill values, and does this work with Zeus? I'm not really sure which overrides which, either. Obviously I would like to keep ASR AI's other parameters, but not sure what to do about the Set Skill parameter.

Cheers!

commy2;2899253']---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

You could change the condition of the fastroping action in config to include the annimation state of the door being at a certain value for this helicoper class.

how can i do that??

thanks and regards

edit: this is the door actions in config

class OpenCargoDoor
  {
   displayName = "Open Ramp";
   position = "crewactions";
   radius = 15;
   showwindow = 0;
   condition = "this animationPhase ""cargoDoor"" == 0 and (alive this) and player == player;";
   statement = "this animate [""cargoDoor"", 1] AND this animate [""AFTDoorPart"", 1];";
   onlyforplayer = 1;
  };
  class CloseCargoDoor
  {
   displayName = "Close Ramp";
   position = "crewactions";
   radius = 15;
   showwindow = 0;
   statement = "this animate [""cargoDoor"", 0] AND this animate [""AFTDoorPart"", 0];";
   condition = "this animationPhase ""cargoDoor"" > 0 and (alive this) and player == player;";
   onlyforplayer = 1;
  };

Edited by dragonsyr

how can i do that??

thanks and regards

edit: this is the door actions in config

And this is the actions config from AGM.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/AGM_FastRoping/config.cpp#L56

So now make sure to set up a correct inheritance of the class AGM_SelfActions for your helicopter and then alter the condition so it includes the animation state of the door.

I think it would be this:

condition = "this animationPhase ""cargoDoor"" > 0 and (locked _vehicle <= 1) and (_vehicle getVariable ['AGM_RopesDeployed', False]) and (vectorMagnitude (velocity _vehicle) < 4) and (count ([_vehicle getVariable ['AGM_RopesOccupied', []], {!_this}] call AGM_Core_fnc_filter) > 0)";

Have you guys thought of making some white phosphorus NVG variants?