koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Anyone noticed the hearing damage module not working lately. Use to get the tinitus ring w/o ears on. Ringing has stopped?

B

I did it first through MCC and then Zeus......do I need to put that line in the AI?

Neither MCC nor Zeus are supported in that you can make a unit a hostage. You'll have to use that script and execute it locally iirc.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Anyone noticed the hearing damage module not working lately. Use to get the tinitus ring w/o ears on. Ringing has stopped?

B

Works for me. Try a rocket launcher. Note that you can't get the effect inside vehicles even with opened hatch.

B

Have you recently changed the soundmod that you use, or recently stopped using certain AI mods (e.g. ASR AI)?

Hey !

I'm trying AGM AI tonight. I'd like to replace ASR AI which make the units out of control each time they hear a shot (we're playing VTS so everything is managed live). My actual AI settings are :

skillAI=0.62;

precisionAI=0.2;

aiLevelPreset=3;

Since I removed ASR it seems they're more lethal, which settings do you recommend to me ?

Thanks ;)

Hi KoffeinFlummi,

As always awesome work on AGM and congrats on becoming a finalist in the MANW contest.

Here's a couple of bugs / issues I've noticed in the latest version:

• People sometimes bleed out even though they were fully patched up. It's very rare though.
  • The pbo checker does not kick people from the server if set to kick, it makes their screens dark red forcing people to disconnect on their own.
  • The alternative pain effects are awesome but currently for PvP there's an issue. If some people run alternative they have an advantage over regular pain effect users due to the lack of blurryness. Could you add an option to an AGM module so admins and mission makers can force a certain pain effect onto all players to level the plain field?

Anyone noticed the hearing damage module not working lately.

It doesn't exactly don't work for me, but I noticed I'm having hearing damage as I shoot with massi rifles (not the MG or sniper ones, I mean the automatic rifles) after the last updates. Reported to him but he doesn't know how to fix this...anyone having the same problem ? Perhaps you know what could be the cause ?

I personally prefer the alternative pain effect, the twitch-effect looks to artificial for me. But it would be even better if pain would affect you like it did in ACE. So increased weapon sway would be a great solution, or a change to get unconcius when you have pain. At the moment there really is no need (as far as I know) to use morphine.

I also noticed that the backblast-zone of AT-launchers does not really work when you are on top of buildings. You will always get knocked out on rooftops, even if there is nothing behind you.

It doesn't exactly don't work for me, but I noticed I'm having hearing damage as I shoot with massi rifles (not the MG or sniper ones, I mean the automatic rifles) after the last updates. Reported to him but he doesn't know how to fix this...anyone having the same problem ? Perhaps you know what could be the cause ?

As far as I am aware, AGM (and CSE for that matter) both piggy-back upon the 'AudibleFire' config parameter for each ammo type. This value is used to determine if a rifle is "loud" enough to cause hearing damage, however that is not the parameter's actual purpose - Its true design is to provide an integer value for AI "hearing" detection. Chances are either Massi has changed the values he's using, or another mod you are using (sound mods, ASR AI and possibly other AI mods are known to change these values) has done so.

Hi, I'm tring to make a rescue hostage mission with AGM.

So I have 2 civilian and me in the editor, I have in each civilian Init:

if (isServer) then {
 [this, true, true] call AGM_Interaction_fnc_setCaptive;
};

but nothing, happen, civilian are free, interacting with them give me two choice, something like "stay low" and "run away"

I've tryed on editor preview, in listen server and on a dedicated server (running in lan on another PC), nothing

is there another way to have them handcuffed (like the are captive) at the beginning of the mission?

I have see also this in amg wiki:

2.6 Replacing the setCaptive command

Q: I am told setCaptive is not working because of AGM. Is this true and what pbo do I need to remove to fix this?

A: Set captive is used in arma to prevent a unit from being shot at by the opposing faction. AGM, as other medical addons, needs it to ensure unconcious units are no longer attacked. To maintain compatibility between the different uses of the command, we have a special function to replace it on custom missions, which supports multiple simultaneous reasons for unit to be not shot at.

Instead of using the vanilla setCaptive command, use the AGM variant. Syntax: (e.g. Handcuffing)

But I can't understand how to use this code

// to handcuff
[this, "MyTag_Handcuffed", true] call AGM_Interaction_fnc_setCaptivityStatus;

// to uncuff
[this, "MyTag_Handcuffed", false] call AGM_Interaction_fnc_setCaptivityStatus;

// is this unit handcuffed?
_isHandcuffed = "MyTag_Handcuffed" in ([_unit] call AGM_Interaction_fnc_getCaptivityStatus);

real name for CSAT "katiba" rifle is "KH2002" not "KT2002".

also how about "ACR" name to replace for "MX" nato rifle?

and thanks for this mod as upgraded multiplayer gameplay much better.

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

real name for CSAT "katiba" rifle is "KH2002" not "KT2002", also thanks for this mod as upgraded multiplayer gameplay much better.

Yeah, but the real KH2002 is a 5.56mm. Ingame it's a 6.5mm, so we took the liberty to give it an altered name.

commy2;2876956']You put this in the init box of the unit:

[this' date= true] call AGM_Captives_fnc_setCaptive

lol, it's working!! tnx so much.. ;)

Have you considered just changing the caliber to 5.56 and giving it the real name?

(edit: referring to katiba)

Edited by Dragonfire43560

Have you considered just changing the caliber to 5.56 and giving it the real name?

it's not the same rifle nor is the MX an ACR

commy2;2877045']Yeah' date=' but the real KH2002 is a 5.56mm. Ingame it's a 6.5mm, so we took the liberty to give it an altered name.[/quote']

so if you chose new unreal name, the vanilla name is better, as your mod is to introduce real names for real arma weapons, not new unreal names for replace to same arma 3 unreal names!

Dear reader,

I'm currently unsure if i should post it here.

I have a question regarding the unconscious state.

The group i play in uses AGM and its really nice to have. We have it setup so you can only go unconscious, and you are invulnerable when you are unconscious.

Now we're also using a Radio mod along with AGM. Now is the thing that when e.g. your squadlead goes unconscious, and you with to take his backpack to keep the coms up.

This is simply not an option. Is there a posible way to alter AGM to be able to open the unconcious players inventory or simply swap backpacks?

King regards,

Crabz

Dear reader,

I'm currently unsure if i should post it here.

I have a question regarding the unconscious state.

The group i play in uses AGM and its really nice to have. We have it setup so you can only go unconscious, and you are invulnerable when you are unconscious.

Now we're also using a Radio mod along with AGM. Now is the thing that when e.g. your squadlead goes unconscious, and you with to take his backpack to keep the coms up.

This is simply not an option. Is there a posible way to alter AGM to be able to open the unconcious players inventory or simply swap backpacks?

King regards,

Crabz

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment due to the way A3's inventory system works.

Changing that would mean that we have to change the pre equipped inventory of all CSAT units that use this weapon so that they are equipped with 5.56mm magazines. Also it will probably make some missions not compatible anymore so we stayed away from it.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

so if you chose new unreal name, the vanilla name is better, as your mod is to introduce real names for real arma weapons, not new unreal names for replace to same arma 3 unreal names!

I disagree. The new name is an improvement while still differentiating between calibers.

There seems to be a bug with the Prevent Instant Death - setting of the medical module. If I enable it, I get this when my character dies:

18:25:38 Error in expression <"AGM_isUnconscious", False]) and
{_unit getVariable ["AGM_Medical_PreventInstaDe>
18:25:38   Error position: <getVariable ["AGM_Medical_PreventInstaDe>
18:25:38   Error Type Number, expected Bool
18:25:38 File AGM_Medical\functions\fn_handleDamage.sqf, line 91
18:25:38 Error in expression <["AGM_allowUnconscious", False]) then {
if (!(_unit getVariable ["AGM_isUnconsci>
18:25:38   Error position: <if (!(_unit getVariable ["AGM_isUnconsci>
18:25:38   Error if: Type Number, expected Bool
18:25:38 File AGM_Medical\functions\fn_handleDamage.sqf, line 90

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment due to the way A3's inventory system works.

Suggestion : be able to talk over a detected long range radio of a player/unconscious player, in a 50cm radius ?

Suggestion : be able to talk over a detected long range radio of a player/unconscious player, in a 50cm radius ?

That would surely be a suggestion for the TFR/ACRE teams respectively...(in fact, I seem to remember it being a feature of the ArmA2 version of ACRE as our JTAC was usually the first to get shot).

There seems to be a bug with the Prevent Instant Death - setting of the medical module. If I enable it, I get this when my character dies:

18:25:38 Error in expression <"AGM_isUnconscious", False]) and
{_unit getVariable ["AGM_Medical_PreventInstaDe>
18:25:38   Error position: <getVariable ["AGM_Medical_PreventInstaDe>
18:25:38   Error Type Number, expected Bool
18:25:38 File AGM_Medical\functions\fn_handleDamage.sqf, line 91
18:25:38 Error in expression <["AGM_allowUnconscious", False]) then {
if (!(_unit getVariable ["AGM_isUnconsci>
18:25:38   Error position: <if (!(_unit getVariable ["AGM_isUnconsci>
18:25:38   Error if: Type Number, expected Bool
18:25:38 File AGM_Medical\functions\fn_handleDamage.sqf, line 90

Please post the full RPT file.