koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

That's strange, I've just tested it again, without AGM but with all other mods. And it works again now.

Which scopes and rangefinders you're using ? Vanilla or modded ? Perhaps it's an AGM uncompatibility with a mod you're using ?

I just did that in a play session a few days ago. Worked fine. Keep in mind that markers behave just like they do in vanilla. It's just lines that are local and need to be copied.

I don't think there's anything in AGM_AI that would increase the spotting ability of the AI. However, when editing something about AGM I would recommend directly using the source code and not debinarizing it:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/tree/master/AGM_AI

I rebinarized it before packing it into a .pbo. When I unpacked it there were two files present: _config.txt and config.bin. I converted .bin to .cpp to edit, rebinarized it, and used the addon maker from the tools to repack it. I also edited _config.txt to the same values as the .bin. However for whatever reason there's a box that says "binarize" that if I uncheck, results in "error code=1" when I try to pack. So when I do pack it with that checked, I only see the config.bin in the .pbo. That's why I was wondering if the core module was reading from the config.bin, or the _config.txt file.

Which scopes and rangefinders you're using ? Vanilla or modded ? Perhaps it's an AGM uncompatibility with a mod you're using ?

I don't want to bother you guys with this right now. I'll investigate that issue further. I'm going to report back, if I find something new.

I rebinarized it before packing it into a .pbo. When I unpacked it there were two files present: _config.txt and config.bin. I converted .bin to .cpp to edit, rebinarized it, and used the addon maker from the tools to repack it. I also edited _config.txt to the same values as the .bin. However for whatever reason there's a box that says "binarize" that if I uncheck, results in "error code=1" when I try to pack. So when I do pack it with that checked, I only see the config.bin in the .pbo. That's why I was wondering if the core module was reading from the config.bin, or the _config.txt file.

_config.txt is just a backup file. It's not used by the game. Anything I prefix with an underscore is either backup or a reference for WIP stuff.

Similarly anything suffixed with "_alt" is simply backup. (alt as in alternative version or German for old, depreciated).

Sorry for the confusion. Just by asking this question you gave Flummi enough reason to rant about my style in TS for about 30 minutes...

lol, thanks for clearing it up, I'm not a mod builder, I just like to fuck around with them sometimes haha.

AGM AI seems to be the answer to my problems, ASR is nice but it takes too much control out of the players hands.

Alright just started using this today and I am liking it for the most part, but I am running into one issue... Missions that I had where radio triggers existed, I don't know how to work anymore, because I can't get the radio commands to show up anymore. Am I missing something?

That question has been asked (and answered) countless times. Maybe if that option was turned off by default this could be avoided.

That question has been asked (and answered) countless times. Maybe if that option was turned off by default this could be avoided.

Let them ask. I like that it's the default.

Been trying out the fast roping and I have to say it's the best system I've seen to date.

One issue I have noticed though, which seems hard to replicate as its a random occurrence: Sometimes you will be killed by the rope on landing. It's almost like the rope hits you or you take fall damage. As I said, very hard to replicate and I'm not really sure what's causing it either.

Just a quick question regarding defining a player as a medic.

Prior to version 0.95 it was enough to place a playable unit with the medic role in the editor to get properly defined as an AGM medic, but when 0.95 was released this doesn't not work anymore.

We are now forced to use "this setVariable ["AGM_IsMedic", true];" on the unit no matter what the class the player is ... so my question is; is this behavior by design?

I'm totally fine with no matter what the response is, I just want to get some official info on it :)

I thought I'd bump this together with an additional question. Can you define a unit as medic by syncing it to the AGM Medical System-module perhaps? :)

I've just started using this mod and stumbled on a problem - the Backblast effect on people only work with RPG-42.

Tried NLAW, and the guided missile launchers and also the TF47's M3 MAAWS, as well as the Merkava's 120mm gun. I don't think any of the few other mods I have could affect it.

Is this a known problem or there's a way to troubleshoot it ?

I've just started using this mod and stumbled on a problem - the Backblast effect on people only work with RPG-42.

Tried NLAW, and the guided missile launchers and also the TF47's M3 MAAWS, as well as the Merkava's 120mm gun. I don't think any of the few other mods I have could affect it.

Is this a known problem or there's a way to troubleshoot it ?

The NLAW is a soft-launch weapons system and as such was designed to be used in confined spaces so wouldn't cause damage to nearby infantry. As to the other weapons systems (none of them are vanilla content), they may need to be made compatible by their respective authors.

I just did that in a play session a few days ago. Worked fine. Keep in mind that markers behave just like they do in vanilla. It's just lines that are local and need to be copied.

Okay. So if I'm in group and crate a marker, no one outside of the group can copy that to their map?

Its a setting in the medical module. Simply put it on YES, then sync module with trigger area. Works wonderfully.

Thank you very much just what i was after!!

The NLAW is a soft-launch weapons system and as such was designed to be used in confined spaces so wouldn't cause damage to nearby infantry. As to the other weapons systems (none of them are vanilla content), they may need to be made compatible by their respective authors.
The only non-vanilla content I was testing was the M3. I did more tests yesterday, and any tank gun with muzzle directly over AIs head did nothing. Then after running ARMA another time, I got the backblast of M3 and all tank guns as intended... must have been something wrong with mod initialization.

About the medical module,

i have the medical module in editor set to yes. i set my objects/cars to AGM_IsMedic, true in init line. but no heal when im wounded.

how this working ? As addaction on player, or is on self interaction near the medical objects/vehicles?

what i m doing wrong? i need to synchronize the module with my medical objects?

thanks

Hey guys,

I'm getting this weird screen on my servers. About 40% of the time that people go down their "unconscious" agm screen can move around with the mouse slightly. Also, when we wake up the player they will get a screen that has a descending blood level like -- Blood Level: 98 - 96 - 95 That descends. This is new since the last AGM release and I've never seen it before. The problem is that when this screen shows up the player, even when treated, cannot get up and start moving around. Even when fully bandaged, they will still see their blood level dropping, and cannot leave the screen prompting them to respawn even when being treated. Also, before this screen shows up, the player cannot force a respawn via escape key. It will not bring up the exit menu and this dreaded respawn/blood level screen can take up to three minutes before showing up just to not let them actually be treated. I'm sure there is an easy mistake I'm making here, but please help!

Thanks,

Metz

Hey guys,

I'm getting this weird screen on my servers. About 40% of the time that people go down their "unconscious" agm screen can move around with the mouse slightly. Also, when we wake up the player they will get a screen that has a descending blood level like -- Blood Level: 98 - 96 - 95 That descends. This is new since the last AGM release and I've never seen it before. The problem is that when this screen shows up the player, even when treated, cannot get up and start moving around. Even when fully bandaged, they will still see their blood level dropping, and cannot leave the screen prompting them to respawn even when being treated. Also, before this screen shows up, the player cannot force a respawn via escape key. It will not bring up the exit menu and this dreaded respawn/blood level screen can take up to three minutes before showing up just to not let them actually be treated. I'm sure there is an easy mistake I'm making here, but please help!

Thanks,

Metz

That sounds like MCC Medical conflicting with AGM. Use the two MCC setting modules for mechanics and general settings to disable everything. Don't use the MCC Medical module.

Not sure if has been talked about or possible future update...A feature I would love to see is confiscation or disarming of weapons when treating or arresting OPFOR, so that we can have proper POWs rather than having them arrested with their rifles on their back.

Not sure if has been talked about or possible future update...A feature I would love to see is confiscation or disarming of weapons when treating or arresting OPFOR, so that we can have proper POWs rather than having them arrested with their rifles on their back.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/pull/1873

Seems they are working on that looks cool.

While playing with AGM, a FTL died due to AGM bleeding. Unlike usual death, in this case the 2IC of the fireteam received FTL status from vanilla ARMA (All fireteam member names appeared at the bottom left) but the bigger issue was that the FTL marker disappeared from the map for the rest of the operation.

Something might still be wrong with bleeding to death.

I used something along these lines so far:

{
_target = _x;
waitUntil {_target getVariable "AGM_isCaptive"};
_gwh = "GroundWeaponHolder" createVehicle position _target;
_handgunWeap = handgunWeapon _target;
_primWeap = primaryWeapon _target;
_secWeap = secondaryWeapon _target;
_gwh addWeaponCargo [_handgunWeap,1];
_gwh addWeaponCargo [_primWeap,1];
_gwh addWeaponCargo [_secWeap,1];
_target removeWeapon _handgunWeap;
_target removeWeapon _primWeap;
_target removeWeapon _secWeap;
} forEach [POWunits];

I'm having an issue with the hostage choice. I'm able to place an AI as a hostage, but my player never gets the choose to "free prisoner". The hostage just stays a hostage forever. Any suggestions?

I'm having an issue with the hostage choice. I'm able to place an AI as a hostage, but my player never gets the choose to "free prisoner". The hostage just stays a hostage forever. Any suggestions?

How did you set up the AI as hostage?

Usually it's done by puting this in the init line:

[this, true] call AGM_Captives_fnc_setCaptive