koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Thanks, it work.

_flare = "F_20mm_White" createVehicle[(getpos h1 select 0), (getpos h1 select 1), 1];
_flare setVelocity [0, 0, -10];
_flare attachTo [getpos h1, [0, 0, 0]];

Any way to disable AGM medical module or at least disable unconscious For TDM/DM game style?

Hi KoffeinFlummi,

I'd like to suggest you to adopt Advanced Ballistics mod as the official ballistics of your AGM mod :) As a long range shooter myself, i admit Advanced Ballistics makes long range shooting in Arma 3 much more challenging and it'll be an awesome addition to your AGM mod :D

Advanced Ballistics provides you super-realistic external ballistics (projectile trajectory) where the bullets behave realistically just like they do in real life :)

That mod features:

- Drag resistance based on ambient air density (air pressure, temperature, humidity) -> all bullets have real Ballistics Coefficient value!

- Wind drift (Wind speed varies with the height above ground and obstacles like buildings or certain terrain features can mitigate the wind)

- Spin drift (due to the bullet rotation)

- Coriolis effect (due to the earth rotation)

- Eötvös effect (due to the earth rotation)

- Decreasing bullet stability through the subsonic region (-> significant dispersion beyond supersonic flight, bullet becomes unstable beyond its max effective range)

- Ammo temperature affects Muzzle Velocity

- High power scopes get adjustable Miliradian (Mil) Turrets

- Wind indicator

- Protractor

- Air pressure, temperature, & humidity simulation (using Kestrel 4500)

- High caliber bullet trace effect

- Mirage effect and parallax adjustment

You can even use real Ballistics Calculators to play that mod :cool: I always use Applied Ballistics, Shooter, EBC, & JBM Ballistics to give me the firing solution for that mod and they work perfectly awesome \m/ which means the creator of Advanced Ballistics created that mod out of real Ballistics Calculation, damn! :cool:

if you're interested, you can contact Ruthberg (the creator of that mod). Please, consider adding that mod to AGM ;)

P.S.: CSE is already planning on adopting Advanced Ballistics. you won't let them go one step ahead of you, will you? ;)

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

..... is already planning on adopting Advanced Ballistics. you won't let them go one step ahead of you, will you? ;)

CSE and Agm aren't fighting against each other...

Hi

I have a small suggestion: In the map marker function, add the possibility to select which channel to post the marker in (side, global, direct, vehicle etc).

Disregard, this is discussed on the GitHub: #1227

Edited by Barazin

Hi KoffeinFlummi,

I'd like to suggest you to adopt Advanced Ballistics mod as the official ballistics of your AGM mod :) As a long range shooter myself, i admit Advanced Ballistics makes long range shooting in Arma 3 much more challenging and it'll be an awesome addition to your AGM mod :D

Advanced Ballistics provides you super-realistic external ballistics (projectile trajectory) where the bullets behave realistically just like they do in real life :)

[...]

Well we can't just go around taking mods. But we'll think about what ballistic features we want and whether we want to contact Ruthberg about using his work. After all, we have already implemented most of those features ourselves.

Well we can't just go around taking mods. But we'll think about what ballistic features we want and whether we want to contact Ruthberg about using his work. After all, we have already implemented most of those features ourselves.

Would be possible to integrate the Spotter app somehow into the game? eg. opening via steam browser or even ingame item something like kestrel? Do you have any plans or you want to leave it as external app?

Are there any plans to change the night vision?

From what I can see looking at nvg videos, they just aren't as grainy/ noisy as in the AGM mod.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

The night vision in Insurgency is really well done, I know we're a bit more limited with what we can do but it might be something to review if you're going to revisit nvgs.

Randomly pulled a video from YT for reference:

With unconscious can chat turned off, would it be possible to allow unconscious units to be able to speak just for a couple seconds after going unconscious? Just so they can yell out "I'm hit" or whatever. Or maybe make it so the character in-game shouts injured or screams or something?

hi KoffeinFlummi,

With all due respect, Advanced Ballistics was made out of REAL Ballistics Calculation. I'm a real long range shooter in real life :cool: and i swear Advanced Ballistics is the only Arma mod which uses real Ballistics Coefficient values. Until this day, i'm still amazed by how awesome Ruthberg could turn the in-game air friction coefficient into real Ballistics Coefficient :D Advanced Ballistics can be used by real shooters like me to practice before going out to actual firing range because all Ruthberg's projectiles completely resemble real life projectiles (caliber, length, weight, BC, MV, ammo temp, bullet stability, spin drift, etc). it's hands down the greatest long range shooting simulation in Arma & Precision Shooting world.

I can even use my real ballistics solvers to play that mod. Here's some of my ballistics calculators that i use for real life shooting and for in-game shooting (with Advanced Ballistics) :cool: :

"Shooter" and "Applied Ballistics"

tSEgUfA.png?1pwnpBoR.png?1

*notice the real Ballistics Coefficient and Drag Model up there

and yes i can assure you that Advanced Ballistics = Real Life Ballistics

Its Bullet Drop and Windage values (in Miliradian) are exactly like the real life. Its projectile trajectories are heavily affected by Air Density/Atmospheric condition, Muzzle Velocity variation/Ammo temp, Spin Drift, Earth Rotation, etc) :D Some of you might say, "Nahh it's to complicated, not playable, only for real snipers, bla bla". Well AGM is a mod that should emphasize realism and authenticity, right?

i really love your AGM mod for its many awesome realistic features but your ballistics kinda conflicts with Ruthberg's and it ruins the trajectory :( Ruthberg said this issue can only be sorted out by implementing his Ballistics into your AGM. Ruthberg is willing to help you implement it into AGM (trust me he's a ballistics genius). But then again, i don't mean to push you, it's all up to you. I'm just hoping someday i can play those 2 mods all together ;)

P.S.: Advanced Ballistics is already implemented in EricJ, Massi, RobertHammer, and Trixie's mods. Looking forward to seeing it in yours ;)

Not sure if this was asked yet, i searched couldnt find anything, But when you handcuff a person, and you frisk them, Will you be able to remove items from the frisking?

Using the data you're using on those screenshots, JBM gives me (at 30°C) a correction of roughly 23.8 MOA for a range of 1000yds or 914 ms. That translates to ~7.1 mils. Using my own ballistic calculator for AGM's ballistics, I get a result for the same range with the .408 of 7.2 mils. We will not overhaul everything for a difference of 0.1 mils.

JBM

df1f174ea7.png

AGM

cdea9efa73.png

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

One of my favourite features of A.C.E!
Well, how about asking Opticalsnare for some effect help? :P

i really love your AGM mod for its many awesome realistic features but your ballistics kinda conflicts with Ruthberg's and it ruins the trajectory :( Ruthberg said this issue can only be sorted out by implementing his Ballistics into your AGM. Ruthberg is willing to help you implement it into AGM (trust me he's a ballistics genius). But then again, i don't mean to push you, it's all up to you. I'm just hoping someday i can play those 2 mods all together ;)

Hi TiborasaurusRex. KoffeinFlummi is right in that, even without considering those advance effects, our ballistic are very close to the real thing. Keep in mind that the real life values of the ballistic coefficient are baked inside the airFriction coefficient that we have for each bullet type.

However, adoption of AB in AGM might (only might at this point) happen eventually, as we are discussing some side benefits that AB might bring to the table. In any case, it may as well take some time or might never happen at all, so please be patient.

Edited by esteldunedain

I think there is a small script error, when you are switching to binoculars or laserdesignator. Just try it, i think it has to do something with zeroing function. But maybe its already fixed in newer version, i don't have latest dev build.

Using my own ballistic calculator for AGM's ballistics, I get a result for the same range with the .408 of 7.2 mils. We will not overhaul everything for a difference of 0.1 mils.

with all due respect, i'm not trying to show which ballistics is the best. But your Arma3Spooter only works at sea level altitude (29.92 inhg/1013 hpa) and it has no muzzle velocity variation. No pressure & MV input in it, so the AGM ballistics has static air density (only the air temp is dynamic but it doesn't even matter much coz Air Pressure is the real deal) and the air temp is not affecting ammo temp (Muzzle Velocity). Ruthberg's has dynamic Air Pressure (it always changes due to shooters's altitude, the weather, etc) so AB air density always changes from 0 inhg - 29.92 inhg. And the coolest thing is AB can simulate Muzzle Velocity Variation (the initial bullet velocity always changes depending on the air temp). Those 2 aspects result in diverse firing solution (bullet drop & windage) depending on the atmospheric condition just like in real life.

Ruthberg is insanely genius! XD until this day, i'm still wondering how the hell he could simulate dynamic air density, muzzle velocity variation, and even spin-drit & coriolis drift. That's insanely awesome!!!! please, go try that mod using real ballistics calculators and you'll be mindblown :D

here's Muzzle Velocity Variation in Advanced Ballistics (he created it based on ammo powder burn rates in real life)

iiyz8PI.jpg?1

so the MV of all projectiles will never be the same, constantly changing due to its ammo temp which corresponds to air temp. that is wicked cool!!!! No other simulator can simulate that! this is so freaking remarkable!

let's say we're shooting a .408 CT with this condition:

Range: 2362 m

MV: 902 m/s (changes from 910 m/s due to air temp)

BC: 0.970

Pressure: 948.8 hpa (28.02 inhg)

temp: 15°C (59°F)

humidity: 35.6%

angle of firing: 2.5°

Rifle Barrel twist: 1:13

Latitude: 35°N

Bearing: 310°NW

Advanced Ballistics = Real Life

MByJkZA.png?1pwnpBoR.png?1

AGM's Spotter (try to input all those parameters if you can. you only got Range, angle, wind, & temp input)

http://koffeinflummi.github.io/Arma3Spotter/#/

i'm not saying AGM ballistics is fake or phony. i'm just humbly saying that your AGM Ballistics needs to get improved for the sake of having extremely realistic ballistics. Don't you want your mod to have projectiles that behaves exactly like real bullets with realistic dynamic atmospheric condition ? ;) trust me, i've spent my whole life doing real precision shooting stuffs and afaik Ruthberg is the only person who could really simulate it in virtual world. The good news is he's willing to help everybody implement his ballistics into their mods. I'm just his messenger ;)

or if you're still obstinate, at least tell us how to disable your AGM ballistics so we can play it with AB without having any trajectory issue ;)

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

Hey folks,

I want to use AGM in singleplayer again, but I can't command the AI. Which PBO do I need to remove, to get access to the command menu again?

Edited by R3vo

i'm not saying AGM ballistics is fake or phony. i'm just humbly saying that your AGM Ballistics needs to get improved for the sake of having extremely realistic ballistics. Don't you want your mod to have projectiles that behaves exactly like real bullets with realistic dynamic atmospheric condition ? ;) trust me, i've spent my whole life doing real precision shooting stuffs and afaik Ruthberg is the only person who could really simulate it in virtual world. The good news is he's willing to help everybody implement his ballistics into their mods. I'm just his messenger ;)

AFAIK Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics is very resource heavy and AGM aim is multiplayer where every FPS counts. I know that advanced ballistics improved a lot over the time but there's a lot of calculations in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and say that AB doesn't impact the framerate in 20-30'ish multiplayer COOP session.

at least tell us how to disable your AGM ballistics so we can play it with AB without having any trajectory issue[/b] ;)

You can just delete AGM_Ballistics .pbo to disable it.

can you trying to add melee attack with primary weapon? that will be awesome! Like ACE

Hey folks,

I want to use AGM in singleplayer again, but I can't command the AI. Which PBO do I need to remove, to get access to the command menu again?

Open your AGM Options Menu and uncheck "Disable Command Menu" (page 3/3).

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

can you trying to add melee attack with primary weapon? that will be awesome! Like ACE

They used an animation from OFP for that, IIRC. Those no longer work in A3 (note: animation != stance).

There's already a mod out there that does that.

@cook off

Dict.leo.org:

cook-off (Amer.) - der Kochwettbewerb

*lol*

i'm just humbly saying that your AGM Ballistics needs to get improved for the sake of having extremely realistic ballistics. Don't you want your mod to have projectiles that behaves exactly like real bullets with realistic dynamic atmospheric condition ? ;)

TBH, no. This goes back to the name we chose for this project. It's authentic gameplay modification not realistic ....

I just don't see the need for this, especially considering that there is no temperature or air pressure in Arma to begin with. We simulate powder temperature and wind drift already.

or if you're still obstinate, at least tell us how to disable your AGM ballistics so we can play it with AB without having any trajectory issue ;)

You most likely want to delete AGM_Ballistics for the adjusted air friction values and AGM_Wind for the wind drift and powder temperature simulation, aswell as maybe AGM_Scopes. If Advanced Ballistics changes anything with vehicles you might want to delete AGM_FCS too, but I'm not sure it does.