koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I'm unable to lock on with the AGM-65 missiles in the Warthog / WipeOut. Load up vanilla, press the lock key (on my joystick or on keyboard), locks just fine. Load up AGM, press the same button, nothing happens.

[edit]

To answer myself, for some reason the button changes with AGM. In vanilla I use "Lock target", however in AGM it has to "Next target (In vehicle)", otherwise no lock.

Edited by JimiEZ

Did a quick test with EBR + SOS sight for range table

[table=width: 200]

[tr][td]Distance [/td][td]Altitude Setting [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]100 [/td][td]1,0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]200 [/td][td]2,0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]300 [/td][td]3,0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]400 [/td][td]4,0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]500 [/td][td]5,0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]600 [/td][td]6,0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]700 [/td][td]7,5[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]800 [/td][td]9,4[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]900 [/td][td]11,3[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]1000[/td][td]13,6[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]1100[/td][td]16,3[/td][/tr]

Up to 800 you will almost always hit.

[/table]

Edited by Pellejones

Having a very strange bug here. All of my 1-0 keys no longer function even after if I remap AGM's custom controls. Any idea why this is? This issue did not exist for me in earlier versions...

I am also on whatever vanilla state the game is in, not in Devbranch, if that helps.

EDIT: It's also broken a few single player missions, like the first mission in the RESIST campaign (certain parts of the mission that activate mid-mission are not starting when the mission does), and I do not recall having that issue with older versions of AGM, either.

Edited by Foffy

Having a very strange bug here. All of my 1-0 keys no longer function even after if I remap AGM's custom controls. Any idea why this is? This issue did not exist for me in earlier versions...

I am also on whatever vanilla state the game is in, not in Devbranch, if that helps.

Uncheck "Disable Command Menu" in the AGM Options.

commy2;2802833']Uncheck "Disable Command Menu" in the AGM Options.

Wow, it's that simple? Gosh...

I wonder how I breathe sometimes. :P

EDIT: It's also broken a few single player missions, like the first mission in the RESIST campaign (certain parts of the mission that activate mid-mission are not starting when the mission does), and I do not recall having that issue with older versions of AGM, either.

RPT file?

Hey guys,

I'm currently experience game crashed after respawn, when I enter the Virtual Arsenal. In addition, sometimes the gear won't be reloaded correctly after respawn.

Unfortunately there's nothing in the RPT file, which would give me a hint about the problem. So, I am wondering, if anyone else is experiencing problems when it comes to respawn and gear saving.

Hey guys,

I'm currently experience game crashed after respawn, when I enter the Virtual Arsenal. In addition, sometimes the gear won't be reloaded correctly after respawn.

Unfortunately there's nothing in the RPT file, which would give me a hint about the problem. So, I am wondering, if anyone else is experiencing problems when it comes to respawn and gear saving.

In 0.93 on a MP mission we had similar problem, sometimes.. I don't know if is the same in 0.94 we haven't already tested

Has anyone tried to activate radio triggers with AGM 0.9.4? E.g. Radio Alpha 0-0-1. I do not have any AGM function assigned to 0 (zero). A lot of missions rely on the use of radio triggers (call in support, etc.)

Has anyone tried to activate radio triggers with AGM 0.9.4? E.g. Radio Alpha 0-0-1. I do not have any AGM function assigned to 0 (zero). A lot of missions rely on the use of radio triggers (call in support, etc.)

Press backspace and use scroll to get to the radio.

Player Damage modifier also effects AI hit points. we'd previously asked whether it was possible to adjust the rate at which we lose consciousness, it seems to happen almost immediately on damage co-efficient 1.0

When set to 0.5 we get a better play, i.e. if we get tagged, we can crawl to cover or at least get off a response shot... HOWEVER it also turns the AI into super AI. We'd asked if that was adjustable and the answer was...

commy2;2802151']

Something like this is currently not possible.

Here's a video of what is happening it's really frustrating.

- we're trying to get the ACE feeling back, but it doesn't seem possible. Can we not look into this again ?

We're not asking to take less damage actually, just push back the Unconscious curve a little ?

SJ

Ok this works, great job - much more playable thanks.

HOWEVER it also effects the damage that Enemies receive. I.e. at 0.5 it now takes 6 x 5.56 rounds to the head to bring down our OPFOR - so you can imagine this has left the server pretty un-playable.

Is there no way to isolate this to Players only ? Or set an AI Controlled Damage Co-efficient too ?

We're not looking to make us uber vs the Ai just not so easy to fall un-concsious....

Cheers

SJ

commy2;2802151']Something like this is currently not possible.

Any idea when/if this will be implemented? We love using AGM on our server but unfortunately 6 x 5.56 rounds against AI is causing quite a riot. The only alternative is to set the damage modifier back to 1, but this results in almost insta-unconscious states for players (which doesn't suit our public server play-style).

Many thanks!

Any idea when/if this will be implemented? We love using AGM on our server but unfortunately 6 x 5.56 rounds against AI is causing quite a riot. The only alternative is to set the damage modifier back to 1, but this results in almost insta-unconscious states for players (which doesn't suit our public server play-style).

Many thanks!

Is there no inbetween value that works well?

Is there no inbetween value that works well?

We could try to find an inbetween, but it still wouldn't be the definitive solution.

I thought I'd have a nose at the AGM source and see if I could find something to apply the damage coef to players only. Here's what I think we could do:

The agm_medical PBO contains a function, fn_handleDamage, that returns damage depending on the set CoefDamage:

if (AGM_Medical_IsFalling or (_selectionName == "")) then {
 _damage = _damage - _newDamage;
 _newDamage = _newDamage * AGM_Medical_CoefDamage;
 if (AGM_Medical_IsFalling and (_selectionName == "")) then {
   _newDamage = _newDamage * 0.5;
 };
 _damage + _newDamage
} else {
 _damage - _newDamage
};

This function is called by fn_init:

_unit addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {
   _this call AGM_Medical_fnc_handleDamage;
 }];

So my guess was that _unit could also be an AI unit and not just a player.

Checking the config.cpp file for the agm_medical PBO, I can see this:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
class CAManBase {
	class AGM_Medical {
		init = "_this call AGM_Medical_fnc_init";
	};
};
};

Which I assume calls the medical init file for all objects of the class CAManBase (including AI units, since this is also run on the server).

Could we change the init EH to apply to players only? Or, if that isn't possible/ideal, can we include an if statement in fn_init to only add the HandleDamage EH if _unit is a player/playableUnit, leaving all AI units with the vanilla Arma damage model (of course, this could be enabled/disabled via an editor module)? I'm just making suggestions here, I really have no idea if what I'm saying is correct :p

Edit: Maybe something like this:

fn_init

if (AGM_Medical_CoefDamage_PlayerOnly) then {
if (_unit == player) then {
	}];
};
} else {
}];
};

Edit 2: One of members (lifetap) also came up with another solutions that uses 2 damage coefficients (one for players, one for AI) instead:

fn_handleDamage

if (AGM_Medical_IsFalling or (_selectionName == "")) then {
 _damage = _damage - _newDamage;
 if (_unit == player) then {
    _newDamage = _newDamage * AGM_Medical_Player_CoefDamage;
 } else {
  ? _newDamage = _newDamage * AGM_Medical_AI_CoefDamage;
 }
 if (AGM_Medical_IsFalling and (_selectionName == "")) then {
   _newDamage = _newDamage * 0.5;
 };
 _damage + _newDamage
} else {
 _damage - _newDamage
};  

Edited by MisterGoodson

whats this "paradrop supply"? when we load s.t. in helicopters, we arent able to unload it, no option for this.

Press backspace and use scroll to get to the radio.

This still does not enable access to the radio triggers (0-0-1 etc). Hopefully fixed in the 0.9.4.1 update

Uncheck "Disable Command Menu" in your AGM Options. This will however prevent you from using the number keys as shortcuts (weapon selecting by default). As of v0.94.1 you can rebind those to SHIFT + NUMBER.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

whats this "paradrop supply"? when we load s.t. in helicopters, we arent able to unload it, no option for this.

Might be fixed with v0.94.1

- Fixed: Issues with AGM's inheritance, causing some vehicles to not have certain issues (#1386)