koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

So I've stripped everything down to CBA and AGM enabled, but I still cannot pull up the self-interaction menu. I tried changing the keybinding to see if it was the key itself, but that's not worked either. I've also checked to make sure there was no duplicate keybindings, still to no avail.

Here's a few questions for the big men (and women!) of AGM:

- What is the paradrop and resupply feature that's going to be implemented and how does it work? (explain with as little code as possible to keep it simple for the non-scripters et al).

- What is the new parachute going to add that the BI parachute doesn't already have?

- Will it be possible to, in the future, toggle between using the patient's bandages first or using them last (as last resort)?

- Will the drawable lines be removable and are they a briefing-only thing?

- The current state of AGM medical, even with bleedout enabled, units sometimes bleed out within 10 seconds of going down, are there any ideas to implement a "failsafe" feature that bumps the bleedout time to 1 minute minimum in case of max injuries?

And lastly but not least, a little story.

The other day, during one of our many public server play sessions, we came under suppressive fire from an MG as we pushed through Agios Konstantinos. During the process, some people went down, me included.

I was standing when I went down and what made me curious is the following: I collapsed much like a ragdoll does and others around me confirmed I did indeed ragdoll.

Is this behaviour intended or just a really rare occurrence?

Thanks for putting up with me and I'm sorry for bombarding you all with questions.

How do we adjust the value of damage we need before falling unconscious, i.e. we know we can affect blood loss and Pain co-efficient. But how do we get the Damage/number of hits before we blackout to be extended ?

We have released version 0.94 of the Authentic Gameplay Modification.

However, this release could be a bit buggy. If there are enough bugs to warrant one, we will release a hotfix in the coming days. And if it turns out to run just fine, great.

Please test this version as much as you can and report bugs to us on GitHub:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues

Changelog & Download:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/releases/tag/v0.94

If you want to do us a kindness, consider contributing yourself, supporting us in the MANW contest, or even donating some money.

KoffeinFlummi Thanks for the damage Co-efficient modifiers.... !

SJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (KoffeinFlummi) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Looks like the damage co-efficient doesn't affect the damage you need to go unconscious. This is still governed by Pain. But the Pain Co-efficient only managed the Chromatic effect....

Any chance we could properly link the two...

?

I really do not see any major changes as I expected nothing new regarding the IA ... something like default AI falls unconscious and more support for the SP... I'll keep waiting

Me and my group currently use TFAR. When you're in a downed state (shot or injured), is there yet an option to decide what people should be able to hear? For me I'd personally would like to be able to hear everyone muffle as if they are under water when I'm down. Just thought that'd add to the realism.

These questions didn't get answered and I'd love them to be answered.

- What is the paradrop and resupply feature that's going to be implemented and how does it work? (explain with as little code as possible to keep it simple for the non-scripters et al).

- Will it be possible to, in the future, toggle between using the patient's bandages first or using them last (as last resort)?

- The current state of AGM medical, even with bleedout enabled, units sometimes bleed out within 10 seconds of going down, are there any ideas to implement a "failsafe" feature that bumps the bleedout time to 1 minute minimum in case of max injuries?

The other day, during one of our many public server play sessions, we came under suppressive fire from an MG as we pushed through Agios Konstantinos. During the process, some people went down, me included.

I was standing when I went down and what made me curious is the following: I collapsed much like a ragdoll does and others around me confirmed I did indeed ragdoll.

Thanks for putting up with me and I'm sorry for bombarding you all with questions.

The new sight adjustment isn't implemented very well. You always have these control dials in front of you - which is absolutely immersion breaking - as soon as you have a scope mounted on your rifle. Not just the adjustable scopes, but with every scope. That can hardly have been an intentional decision.

Additionally a Mil-adjustment is pretty much useless unless you know exactly which value you have to use. So there needs to be some sort of list for ALL the weapons and their respective ammunition that is available in the game while adjusting the scope. Otherwise this whole feature is, as nice as it might be, not really usable.

The new sight adjustment isn't implemented very well. You always have these control dials in front of you - which is absolutely immersion breaking - as soon as you have a scope mounted on your rifle. Not just the adjustable scopes, but with every scope. That can hardly have been an intentional decision.

Additionally a Mil-adjustment is pretty much useless unless you know exactly which value you have to use. So there needs to be some sort of list for ALL the weapons and their respective ammunition that is available in the game while adjusting the scope. Otherwise this whole feature is, as nice as it might be, not really usable.

I agree wholeheartedly. I jumped into a mcc created mission, and had no idea how many clicks to get to any given range. Hell, I'm not really certain how far out "zero" is. 1 meter ?

And I can't seem to get the AGM interaction menu closed. I did it once with right click, but not the next time. FWIW I liked the old interaction menu, I could navigate it faster.

There is a lot to try out with this version, but thats what jumped out at me first.

Btw, I've been using this mod since I found it months ago, and won't play without it, its a great addition.

Thanks,

Fire

EDIT: I see I can change the menu back from the "flow menu". Very cool. And I can close the menu easily with the left window key when using the old menu. Does not close well when using the "flow menu"

Edited by FireWalker

Thanks to the AGM for keeping up the work on this system; I'm really enjoying the features!

One very minor note: the IR strobe does not appear to be lighting up correctly after the v0.94 mod. I see a VERY dim light flashing about 10cm behind the top center of my helmet. The flashing rate is about the same as before (~1 Hz?)

The IR grenade still attaches to my right shoulder, and it appears at full brightness.

Thanks again!

Is there a way to turn off the AGM_Explosives functionality via script?

Workaround: rename/delete the AGM_Explosives pbo.

I would rather not do it this way. It would be great that I could enable it for some players and not for others.

Edited by SGTGunner

I agree having the scope adjustments visible all the time is immersion breaking but having them create a list for all of the weapons would take far to long. For the best results it would better for you to make your own dope charts using the weapons you most commonly use. It really isn't super difficult to do as long as you can setup a known distance range. And would help make you more familiar with the weapons you like doing. This simulates real weapon systems fairly well as you don't get a cheat sheet with every gun you buy or are issued in the military. With all of the weapon addons and ammo configs around for weapons its just to long for them to implement.

I personally use Advanced Ballistics instead of the AGM Wind so to me I'm used to having adjust. It uses a far more complex and real system that I'm used too. Which reminds me, Is the scope adjustment part of the AGM wind module or is there a new one that i should be looking to disable?

hey there.. greetings from me, your mod here improved our clan combat effectiveness it was awesome, but i'm a little bit dissapointed in air to air combat, because maybe you guys added some G-force effect.. but when i'm watching at youtube, actually the G force effect minimized by the design of pilot coverall, it would make our blood keep stable (if im not mistaken).. i fly Su-35 with extreme maneuverability, im just doing U turn and i was blackout :( .. perhaps u could fix this, but indeed it have a G force effect but not instantly like that i think :p, maybe if u do U turn in 4 times in a row, or something like that.. it makes me difficult to fly as an Air support role, especially when im using SU 35.. waiting for your respond here :)

thanks for the mod btw..

Man, another killer update. Very cool. The nav updates make that whole mechanics just so great, the complete package that I can't wait to play with more. Being able to do stuff in a vehicle is nice but I feel like there's more room for that (basic bandaging, maybe having medical vehicles that allow for patient/medic interactions, etc). New demo toys/features are always nice and I hope you guys can figure a way to get placement a little bit more realistic, and I am concerned I wont' be able to attach explosives to vehicles with this new update, but I'm sure there's cool stuff to come.

I also noticed that the flashbang didn't cause any animation when I briefly tested it. Is this intended for MP at the moment? Does it impact AI? I don't have time to mess with it for a bit so I'm curious where that's at, it'll be nice not having to have an addon just for flashbangs that rarely get used.

My only complaints/suggestions at this point are to give us a more realistic, less obnoxious OPTION for the pain effect (other than disabling) or just reworking the entire pain mechanic to be more than just an overlay; and to have more extended hearing loss. If for example someone does some demo that makes your ears rupture, make it so you can't hear for like a minute or two. If you could figure a way to get that to include TFAR/ACRE that'd be incredible. No idea if that happens with the current deafening effect. But more lengthy hearing loss from extreme noise levels would be great, especially for things like demo/MGs right next to you.

Keep up the awesome work! Hands down this addon is the best ArmA 3 has right now and if it doesn't win something from MANW I'll be outraged! :p

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.
New update v0.9.4 available at withSIX.

Thanks guys; appreciated.

- What is the new parachute going to add that the BI parachute doesn't already have?

- Will the drawable lines be removable and are they a briefing-only thing?

1) It enables the people inside the Merlin (it is currently the only helicopter big enough) to drop any cargo they previously loaded in via parachute (using the self-interaction menu inside the vehicle). However, it seems as if we missed a few bugs there, so it might not be fully functional yet.

2) The AGM_Parachute module doesn't add a new parachute, it just tweaks things like the landing animation etc.

3) Potentially. Although Medical will get rewritten for v0.95 anyways so that'll have to wait.

4) They can be removed like any other marker (hover over them and press delete) and they can be drawn ingame as well using the map tools.

5) I have not had that happen to me. But you can try to reduce the damage coefficient with v0.94.

Also, you shouldn't ragdollize when falling unconscious. That was originally planned, but there isn't a safe way to do that in A3 yet.

Looks like the damage co-efficient doesn't affect the damage you need to go unconscious. This is still governed by Pain. But the Pain Co-efficient only managed the Chromatic effect....

Any chance we could properly link the two...

?

Unconsciousness is based on damage. Pain is purely cosmetic. Are you sure that the damage coef. doesn't work for you? Try setting it to something ridiculous like 0.01 or 100.

Me and my group currently use TFAR. When you're in a downed state (shot or injured), is there yet an option to decide what people should be able to hear? For me I'd personally would like to be able to hear everyone muffle as if they are under water when I'm down. Just thought that'd add to the realism.

That would be possible, although - as I said above - Medical is going to be rewritten anyways, so that'll have to wait.

Are you sure the UI is also there for non-adjustable scopes; that didn't happen to me. What scope were you using? Anyways, we will most likely make the UI fade out after a few seconds since the last adjustment. Regarding range tables: I am working on an app that does the calculations for you, but there probably won't be any range tables since ...

[...] having them create a list for all of the weapons would take far to long. For the best results it would better for you to make your own dope charts using the weapons you most commonly use. It really isn't super difficult to do as long as you can setup a known distance range. And would help make you more familiar with the weapons you like doing. This simulates real weapon systems fairly well as you don't get a cheat sheet with every gun you buy or are issued in the military. With all of the weapon addons and ammo configs around for weapons its just to long for them to implement.
I personally use Advanced Ballistics instead of the AGM Wind so to me I'm used to having adjust. It uses a far more complex and real system that I'm used too. Which reminds me, Is the scope adjustment part of the AGM wind module or is there a new one that i should be looking to disable?

There's a new PBO: AGM_Scopes. (Names is what we do best!)

Is there a way to turn off the AGM_Explosives functionality via script?

[...]

I would rather not do it this way. It would be great that I could enable it for some players and not for others.

What exactly is it you want to disable? The placement? Certain triggers?

hey there.. greetings from me, your mod here improved our clan combat effectiveness it was awesome, but i'm a little bit dissapointed in air to air combat, because maybe you guys added some G-force effect.. but when i'm watching at youtube, actually the G force effect minimized by the design of pilot coverall, it would make our blood keep stable (if im not mistaken).. i fly Su-35 with extreme maneuverability, im just doing U turn and i was blackout :( .. perhaps u could fix this, but indeed it have a G force effect but not instantly like that i think :p, maybe if u do U turn in 4 times in a row, or something like that.. it makes me difficult to fly as an Air support role, especially when im using SU 35.. waiting for your respond here :)

thanks for the mod btw..

The GForces module does account for pressure suits and the training of a pilot, but the values are calculated fairly realistically and the tresholds for unconsciousness are too. The human body just isn't cut out for doing U turns at 1000 km/h. But, if you feel it's too much, you can now adjust the capabilities of your pilot (see changelog).

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

Question not in connection with the recent update (changelog sounds wonderful btw):

Is there a way to get back the elapsed time when an interaction is aborted? I want to make an interaction which pauses when you abort so you could go on later.

My workaround approach would be to count the time outside of AGM_Core_fnc_progressBar a second time, but thats kind of hacky.

Are you sure the UI is also there for non-adjustable scopes; that didn't happen to me. What scope were you using? Anyways, we will most likely make the UI fade out after a few seconds since the last adjustment. Regarding range tables: I am working on an app that does the calculations for you, but there probably won't be any range tables since ...[/Quote]

That's great to hear. :) Another Idea would be to have the UI only come up if you actually press the range adjustment buttons and vanish immediately after. I had the UI come up with the adjustable scopes and every subsequent scope I used (like the Holosight). It may have been a bug caused by using the SOS first, I don't know. I haven't tested it without using an adjustable scope before the other scopes.

You mean something in the line of this? That'd be great.

Thank you for the replies, KoffeinFlummi!

A few last questions:

- Are there any thoughts about adding a functionality where a paratrooper can add his backpack to his front via the self-interaction menu?

- Are re-packable parachutes in the pipeline?

Hey guys,

My community is currently using AGM in tandem with the VTS (Virtual Training Space) mission. We're loving the new updates, but unfortunately one thing is broken for us; we can't buy medical supplies from the VTS shop. We could in the previous version, when they were listed in the 'Weapon Items' tab, but now they've moved to the items tab and we can't buy them. They just don't appear in the inventory.

I appreciate the VTS mission file is not your creation and you may not be able to offer support on this matter, but as it was fully functional before the update I thought it would be worth an ask.

Regards,

Reasoner

We had to make some changes to the items config, so they are fully compatible with the VA and Zeus and all that. I've never used VTS myself. You should probably ask the creator of VTS and show him this link: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/AGM_Core/config.cpp#L390 .

One question: Can you buy a mine detector with VTS and does that work or has it the same problem?