koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

commy2;2792897']You can't. What are you trying to accomplish?

I am making a TvT mission and i want the People to wait the Time and then auto respawn.

And you cant is wrong! i will do it. :D

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn#Respawn_Button

AGM should check that setting somehow for the future.

Edited by meat147

I am making a TvT mission and i want the People to wait the Time and then auto respawn.

And you cant is wrong! i will do it. :D

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn#Respawn_Button

AGM should check that setting somehow for the future.

That has nothing to do with AGM. The RESPAWN-button that appears when you are unconscious merely kills you, doesn't respawn you instantly.

yeah but that is what i dont want.

i want the People to be 5 minutes unconscious then respawn.

Not i okay no one will come i will press respawn and have to wait 5 minutes agian.

I am positive this has been addressed as how could it not be but can someone pleaes PM me regarding the combination of AGM and CSE how to go about doing so and what errors I can avoid by not attempting to mix certain aspects. Thank you kindly

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Meat147 Why don't you just go into the Mission Description and change respawn time to 1 or 0 and then leave the unconscious state at the setting you like. This will eliminate the waiting period after death and allow you to respawn as soon as the unconscious state ends and the player dies. Or have you already attempted this and don't like the fact that it enables the ability to just click respawn and do so?

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1274

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

yeah but that is what i dont want.

i want the People to be 5 minutes unconscious then respawn.

Not i okay no one will come i will press respawn and have to wait 5 minutes agian.

You can set the respawn time to 300 seconds in the description.ext.

The description text as I said would cause the timer to start then as opposed to it not having an additional wait after the unconscious state. If he changes description text to read 300 sec then AFTER he clicks respawn the timer would start this is exactly what he is saying he does not want.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Meat147 Why don't you just go into the Mission Description and change respawn time to 1 or 0 and then leave the unconscious state at the setting you like. This will eliminate the waiting period after death and allow you to respawn as soon as the unconscious state ends and the player dies. Or have you already attempted this and don't like the fact that it enables the ability to just click respawn and do so?

Yeah i already did that i dont want the People to press the Respawn button. :)

Is it possible sidechat still doesn't work even if i remove the agm_radio pbo?

I can't get scripted sidechat messages to show in multiplayer, while sometimes in the editor they work fine.

I'm also using F3 framework and ACRE2 so maybe it's not related to AGM.

Is it possible sidechat still doesn't work even if i remove the agm_radio pbo?

I can't get scripted sidechat messages to show in multiplayer, while sometimes in the editor they work fine.

I'm also using F3 framework and ACRE2 so maybe it's not related to AGM.

the sideChat command is local so you need to make sure youre giving it to the person(s) you want the message to be showed using a function & BIS_fnc_MP for example

first of all, thank you for this great work.

i am part of an italian clan that is trying to insert AGM mod in our missions.

Mission are mostly Coop 40+

we have two problems:

1. similar to meat147, we play missions REVIVE NO RESPAWN, so we would like to disable RESPWAN button at all, in this way a player has two possibilities: wait for a team mate or esc from the mission and go to sleep.
    Is there a way to do that, we can't undertand how to intercept respawn button that AGM seems to create.
  2. In some mission that we did, AI become invulnerable, they just don't die. we can see the blood, but nothing more. We have no mod that could change the AI behaviour or some particular script. the strange thing is that it happens only in some missions, in others is perfect. Any of you have had the same issue?

similar to meat147, we play missions REVIVE NO RESPAWN, so we would like to disable RESPWAN button at all, in this way a player has two possibilities: wait for a team mate or esc from the mission and go to sleep.

Is there a way to do that, we can't undertand how to intercept respawn button that AGM seems to create.

The button is named "RESPAWN", but all it does is kill the unconscious player, so he can't be stuck helpless and forever in the unconsciousness state. If the mission is set up correctly (respawn = 0; IIRC), then the player won't respawn. This is how it works even without AGM. AGM only adds the unconsciousness state.

In some mission that we did, AI become invulnerable, they just don't die. we can see the blood, but nothing more. We have no mod that could change the AI behaviour or some particular script. the strange thing is that it happens only in some missions, in others is perfect. Any of you have had the same issue?

The mission might use some "HandleDamage" eventhandler that messes with the medical stuff. Hard to tell without the mission though.

commy2;2794091']The button is named "RESPAWN"' date=' but all it does is kill the unconscious player, so he can't be stuck helpless and forever in the unconsciousness state. If the mission is set up correctly (respawn = 0; IIRC), then the player won't respawn. This is how it works even without AGM. AGM only adds the unconsciousness state.[/quote']

We want JIP but not respawn, "respawn = 0;" doesn't allow JIP. the SLOT of the player must remain available too.

the right setting would be something like

respawn = 3; // or other setting that allow JIP

respawnButton = 0;

In this way the only button you can press is ABORT, but AGM seems to add its own RESPAWN BUTTON

PS: we WANT people to be stuck helpless and forever in the unconsciousness state, waiting for a team mate.

commy2;2794091']The mission might use some "HandleDamage" eventhandler that messes with the medical stuff. Hard to tell without the mission though.

today i will post the link to mission pbo, if you want to control directly. I will control if there is some "HandleDamage" in it

thank you

We want JIP but not respawn, "respawn = 0;" doesn't allow JIP. the SLOT of the player must remain available too.

the right setting would be something like

respawn = 3; // or other setting that allow JIP

respawnButton = 0;

In this way the only button you can press is ABORT, but AGM seems to add its own RESPAWN BUTTON

But "respawn = 3;" is the setting for respawn at the base, so you will respawn there anyway if you die instead of falling unconscious. I don't get it, but I think I'm missing something major here.

I never heard of a setting called "respawnButton", if that exists it's not documented on the bis wiki.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

commy2;2794143']But "respawn = 3;" is the setting for respawn at the base' date=' so you will respawn there anyway if you die instead of falling unconscious. I don't get it, but I think I'm missing something major here.

I never heard of a setting called "respawnButton", if that exists it's not documented on the bis wiki.

[url']https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext[/url]

this is the page where i found respawnbutton.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

with respawn = 3; you fall inconscious, but you can respawn at base. With respawnbutton = 0; respawn button is disabled.

with respawn = 0; respawn button is disabled, but you can't enter if the mission is already started, because you become a seagul, and, if you die, your slot disappears.

commy2;2794091']The mission might use some "HandleDamage" eventhandler that messes with the medical stuff. Hard to tell without the mission though.

We see this effect on Enemy Assault by Ghost http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19481 on our public server. After some time the enemey seems to be able to take more and more hits.

I posted this a month ago on the mission forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150173-Ghost-Missions&p=2775183&viewfull=1#post2775183

Edited by bux578

Searching 212 files for ""HandleDamage""

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin\co36_enemy-assault.altis\functions\spawn\fn_basedef.sqf:
  26  if !(_damg) then {
  27: 	_vaa1 addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {}];
  28  	_vaa1 allowDamage false;
  29  };

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin\co36_enemy-assault.altis\INS_revive\revive\functions.sqf:
2043  // Damage event handler
2044: // Usage : 'player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {_this call INS_REV_FNCT_clientHD}];'
2045  // Return : damage
2046  INS_REV_FNCT_clientHD = {

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin\co36_enemy-assault.altis\INS_revive\revive\init_vanilla.sqf:
  92  		"INS_REV_GVAR_del_unload" addPublicVariableEventHandler INS_REV_FNCT_remove_unload_action;
  93  		if (!INS_REV_CFG_loadout_on_respawn) then {
  94: 			//player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{BIS_hitArray = _this; BIS_wasHit = true; _this select 2;} ];
  95: 			//player removeAllEventHandlers "HandleDamage";
  96: 			player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {_this call INS_REV_FNCT_clientHD}];
  97  		};
  98  		sleep 0.5;

5 matches across 3 files

derp.

INS_REV_FNCT_clientHD = {
private ["_unit","_dam"];
_unit = _this select 0;
//_part = _this select 1;
_dam = _this select 2;
//_injurer = _this select 3;
//_ammo = _this select 4;

if (!alive _unit || {_dam == 0}) exitWith {
	//__TRACE_1("ClientHD exiting, unit dead or healing","_dam");
	_dam
};
if (_unit getVariable "INS_REV_PVAR_is_unconscious") exitWith {
	//__TRACE_2("ClientHD exiting, unit uncon or invulnerable","_part");
};
/*
if (d_no_teamkill == 0 && {_dam >= 0.1} && {!isNull _injurer} && {isPlayer _injurer} && {_injurer != _unit} && {vehicle _unit == _unit} && {side (group _injurer) == side (group _unit)}) exitWith {
	if (_part == "" && {_ammo != ""} && {getText (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammo >> "simulation") in __shots} && {time > (__pGetVar(d_tk_cutofft) + 3)}) then {
		_unit setVariable ["d_tk_cutofft", time];
		hint format [(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_497"), name _injurer];
		["d_unit_tkr", [_unit,_injurer]] call d_fnc_NetCallEventCTS;
		if (d_domdatabase) then {
			["d_ptkkg", _injurer] call d_fnc_NetCallEventCTS;
		};
	};
};
*/
if (_dam >= 0.8 && {time > INS_REV_GVAR_player_loadout_time}) then {
	//__TRACE_1("ClientHD saving respawn gear","_dam");
	//_unit setVariable [QGVARXR(last_gear_save), time + 1];
	//call d_fnc_save_respawngear;
	//_unit setVariable [QGVARXR(isleader), leader (group player) == player];
	//GVARXR(pl_group) = group player;
	INS_REV_GVAR_player_loadout_time = time + 1;
	INS_REV_GVAR_player_loadout = [_unit,["ammo"]] call INS_REV_FNCT_get_loadout;
	//INS_REV_GVAR_player_loadout = [_unit, [missionnamespace, "Current"]] call bis_fnc_saveInventory;
};
BIS_hitArray = _this; BIS_wasHit = true;
_dam
};

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

taken from another forum

There is no way to disable mouse input (or even key input in some cases) in Arma.

The only way around this' date=' is to open an invisible "menu" (dialog) that handles all key inputs. Mouse inputs are ignored in a menu and result in cursor movement instead (, so unconscious players can't move the turret of a tank or shoot with it).

The problem is that the ESC key, that opens the menu, is also hard coded to close the current menu / dialog. It would then be possible to shot a tank gun or leave a car when unconscious after pressing ESC once. So instead I block the key inputs with a key eventhandler and open the menu via createDialog.

For some reason, the buttons have no function if you press them using this method, so I disable most of them and give one a respawn action instead.[/quote']

Is there a way to intercept your custom dialog with findDialog to hide your custom respawn button and enable a simple abort button?

Which pbo contains this dialog definition?

it would be great if you could add an option to disable respwan in the respawn module in the next release...

Edited by L0rn1x

commy2;2794181']

Sorry, forgot to mention, due to using AGM, INS_Revive is disabled (at least via Parameters, need to ask the admin).

Maybe we need to remove it completely.

Don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but I find the dialogue that is played when you press C is unnecessary and annoying. Otherwise everything else is brilliant.

commy2;2795605']C? There is nothing bound to C by default. What key action do you mean by that?

C is my combat pace toggle, I suppose it could be a different mod but it only started occuring yesterday when I installed All in Arma terrain pack and agm.