koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

How does the AI change exactly in this mod and does it conflict with other AI mods such as Bcombat? Also, do the AI respond to the new medical system?

Hey, I noticed today after the hotfix that the default map marker for ARMA 3 seems to be the dot marker (previously 'unknown' marker).

AGM made the default marker the dot marker before, but it looks like Bohemia literally swapped the dot and the cross markers, and now AGM forces the default marker to be a cross and the dot isn't available.

I thoroughly tested the mods on the server and confirmed that AGM is causing it, and a little digging up found this like in the file "agm_core.pbo", in "fn_getMarkerType.sqf".

// generic marker
["n_unknown", "b_unknown", "o_unknown"] select ((["GUER", "WEST", "EAST"] find (str _side)) max 0);

I hope you guys resolve this soon, everyone misses having dots as their default marker on our server.

(Awesome mod by the way, you guys are great!)

AGM made the default marker the dot marker before, but it looks like Bohemia literally swapped the dot and the cross markers, and now AGM forces the default marker to be a cross and the dot isn't available.

Thats really interesting. I guess we have to adjust things if they keep it like this. The line of code you posted has nothing to do with that however.

If you are referring to the chromatic aberration, you can use the following (maybe in a killed EH) to remove it and any other AGM death effect:

player setVariable ["AGM_InPain", false];
player setVariable ["AGM_Bleeding", false];
player setVariable ["AGM_Unconscious", false];
"chromAberration" ppEffectEnable false;
[false] call AGM_Core_fnc_disableUserInput;

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that when a player dies, instead of entering spectator mode, the controls are still locked and the screen is black (just like when unconscious). Not sure if anyone else is having this problem?

Does jamming and overheating effect the AI, or is it purely a player effect?

Does jamming and overheating effect the AI, or is it purely a player effect?

It's for players only. Would be a waste of resources if the AI had something like this IMO.

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that when a player dies, instead of entering spectator mode, the controls are still locked and the screen is black (just like when unconscious). Not sure if anyone else is having this problem?

I am also having this problem, any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I got this in the init of a blufor medic:

comment "Remove existing items";  
removeAllWeapons this;  
removeAllItems this;  
removeAllAssignedItems this;  
removeUniform this;  
removeVest this;  
removeBackpack this;  
removeHeadgear this;  
removeGoggles this;    

comment "Add containers";  
this forceAddUniform "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest";    
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToUniform "20Rnd_mas_762x51_Stanag";};  
this addVest "V_I_G_resistanceLeader_F";   
for "_i" from 1 to 7 do {this addItemToVest "20Rnd_mas_762x51_Stanag";};  
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToVest "SmokeShell";};  
this addBackpack "B_mas_AssaultPack_mul_Medic"; 
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Bandage";};  
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Morphine";};  
for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Epipen";}; 
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Bloodbag";};      
this addHeadgear "H_HelmetSpecB_paint2";  
this addGoggles "G_Combat";

comment "Add weapons";  
this addWeapon "arifle_mas_mk17";  
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Arco";  
this addWeapon "AGM_Vector";    

comment "Add items";  
this linkItem "ItemMap";  
this linkItem "ItemCompass";  
this linkItem "ItemWatch";  
this linkItem "tf_anprc152_8";  
this linkItem "ItemGPS";

you can see I add 5 bandage, 5 morphine, 6 epipen and 2 bloodbag in backpack.

In game, at start I have:

Uniform: 11 bandage

Vest: 9 bandage

Backpack: 5 bandage

10 morphine

10 Epipen

3 bloodbag

When medic die and respawn (save gear on "yes" in AGM Respawn System module on mission) he got 20 more bandage starting from uniform then vest then backpack if server find no more space in the previous containers, if he die again get another 20 more etc.. etc..

This is not happening for other units like Rifleman AC or other the die with 5 bandage they respawn with 5 bandage.

As far as I know it happens only for bandage, at the moment I got info from clanmates telling me "I'm full of bandage, I have no more space!!"

Question is how am I supposed to setup a medic? There is an automatic "filler" for medic that I don't know about? Am I using the wrong setup in init, or the wrong backpack?? Is it a known issue?

Tnx

class B_mas_AssaultPack_mul_Medic: B_mas_AssaultPack_mul
{
	displayName = "Medic pack multi";
	class TransportItems
	{
		class _xx_Medikit
		{
			name = "Medikit";
			count = 1;
		};
		class _xx_FirstAidKit
		{
			name = "FirstAidKit";
			count = 10;
		};
	};
};

The problem is the backpack is pre-filled and comes with items inside of it, just by doing addBackpack.

10 FirstAidKit which turn into 20 bandages and a medikit which turn into bunch of other supplies.

I guess either use a normal empty backpack, or try clearing it after adding the pre-filled one. Not sure how it will work with respawn.

Shame because I do like the look of the medic backpacks.

removeAllWeapons this;  
removeAllItems this;  
removeUniform this;  
removeVest this;  
removeBackpack this;  
removeHeadgear this;  
removeGoggles this;    

this addBackpack "B_mas_AssaultPack_mul_Medic"; 
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Bandage";};  
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Morphine";};  
for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Epipen";}; 
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Bloodbag";};      

comment "Add weapons";  

comment "Add items";  
this linkItem "ItemMap";  
this linkItem "tf_anprc152_8";  
this linkItem "ItemGPS";

you can see I add 5 bandage, 5 morphine, 6 epipen and 2 bloodbag in backpack.

In game, at start I have:

Uniform: 11 bandage

Vest: 9 bandage

Backpack: 5 bandage

10 morphine

10 Epipen

3 bloodbag

When medic die and respawn (save gear on "yes" in AGM Respawn System module on mission) he got 20 more bandage starting from uniform then vest then backpack if server find no more space in the previous containers, if he die again get another 20 more etc.. etc..

This is not happening for other units like Rifleman AC or other the die with 5 bandage they respawn with 5 bandage.

As far as I know it happens only for bandage, at the moment I got info from clanmates telling me "I'm full of bandage, I have no more space!!"

Question is how am I supposed to setup a medic? There is an automatic "filler" for medic that I don't know about? Am I using the wrong setup in init, or the wrong backpack?? Is it a known issue?

Tnx

Mate, you really need to download LEA for A3 and make up your kits. Will take 15 min to figure out.

The problem is the backpack is pre-filled and comes with items inside of it, just by doing addBackpack.

At the moment I tried a standard medic in an empty mission, you could may be right, medic start with Medikit and FirstAidKit so the server change them in bandages at the beginning, but the problem still exist at respawn, why if I have "save gear" active in AGM respawn module, server give me another 20 bandages when medic respawn in base??

As you can see in my init I remove everything

removeAllWeapons this;  
removeAllItems this;  
removeUniform this;  
removeVest this;  
removeBackpack this;  
removeHeadgear this;  
removeGoggles this;

and except for the "B_mas_AssaultPack_mul_Medic" he get standard uniform and standard vest

with no medical stuff inside.

I think that we might be on the right way to solve the problem, thank you I'll let you know if I find a way to fix it, meanwhile I'll try the "empty backpack"

Mate, you really need to download LEA for A3 and make up your kits. Will take 15 min to figure out.

OT Hi mate, I think you are an "Aussie" am I wrong? I have some relatives in Brisbane from Italy, I've been there many years ago for 2 months, wonderful place.. :thumb: sadly my english is not improved too much because we were speaking italian all the time :unhappy:/OT

I'll try this LEA, at the moment I'm using the Virtual Arsenal from ArmA 3 main menu and there I build a unit then save and export it in a txt file, then paste all the stuff in the init of the unit. It's easy and you have immediate visual about uniform vest goggles etc..

EDIT: OT I think that LEA can't modify loadout from a already done mission, I tried with my test mission (the one with the medic problem) and from an old DM mission I did last spring, all units looks with no stuff inside no weapons no vest no uniform etc.. (tried to import addons for test mission but don't help /OT

Edited by DuM3D0

... the problem still exist at respawn, why if I have "save gear" active in AGM respawn module, server give me another 20 bandages when medic respawn in base??

Because the backpack gets re-added, but contains some med kits at this point already, which get converted into bandages, morphine, ....

I made an issue on the github page for this: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1240

Edit: Fixed already in the git build / Will be fixed in v0.94.

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

@ DuM3D0 - An alternative to LEA is a mod called Virtual Arsenal Anywhere. This mod for Arma 3 allows you to use the Virtual Arsenal anywhere by pressing the U key. I use it to build up all my loadouts, save them and then reload them, both in the editor and in SP and MP missions if the server allows the mod. See below link.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26269

commy2;2787814']Because the backpack gets re-added' date=' but contains some med kits at this point already, which get converted into bandages, morphine, ....

I made an issue on the github page for this: [url']https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1240[/url]

Edit: Fixed already in the git build / Will be fixed in v0.94.

I tried this one:

removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToUniform "20Rnd_mas_762x51_Stanag";};
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToVest "20Rnd_mas_762x51_Stanag";};
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToVest "MiniGrenade";};
this addBackpack "B_Carryall_oli";

comment "Add weapons";

comment "Add items";
this linkItem "ItemMap";
this linkItem "tf_anprc152";
this linkItem "ItemGPS";

In the init now I have an empty backpack, no medical stuff anywhere. At mission start I found in my inventory:

uniform: 11 bandage

vest: 9 bandage

backpack: 5 bandage, 10 morphine, 10 epipen, 3 bloodbag

when medic die and at respawn got:

uniform: 15 bandage

vest: 12 bandage

backpack: 13 bandage, 10 morphine, 13 epipen, 3 bloodbag

So not only the backpack gets refill at respawn as you write on git build, but also uniform and vest got refill

So I tried to disable the "save gear" in AGM Module and at respawn I got:

MX rifle and relative ammo (before I had a SCAR) a IR laser, nvgoggles, different uniform, vest, helmet and backpack, a P99G and relative ammo (I had no pistol at the beginning) no GPS (which I got in the beginning)

Uniform:

10 bandage

2 mag for MX

Vest:

12 bandage

mag for pistol and rifle

smoke grenade in all colors

a chemlight

backpack:

5 mophine

5 epipen

2 bloobag

de facto, a standard medic with AGM medical stuff

If I die and respawn again I got obviuosly the same stuff as above.

There is something wrong with Medic unit I think.

I also tried my leader unit and with no "Save Gear" when he die and respawn he become a standard leader; so disable "Save Gear" is not an option, or maybe I'm missing something somewhere.

@ DuM3D0 - An alternative to LEA is a mod called Virtual Arsenal Anywhere. This mod for Arma 3 allows you to use the Virtual Arsenal anywhere by pressing the U key. I use it to build up all my loadouts, save them and then reload them, both in the editor and in SP and MP missions if the server allows the mod. See below link.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26269

Tnx I'll give it a try.

commy2;2788011']@DuM3D0

It's not something you can fix. You'll have to wait for v0.94 for this.

Tnx..

EDIT: OT I think that LEA can't modify loadout from a already done mission, I tried with my test mission (the one with the medic problem) and from an old DM mission I did last spring, all units looks with no stuff inside no weapons no vest no uniform etc.. (tried to import addons for test mission but don't help /OT

Yes you can, as long as you are allowing to do so (you just have to re-edit it). When you want to generate the loadout.sqf of your mission you can untick "Disable the use of @LEA".

Dear all,

I'm trying to understand how to use @agm (and its medical system) with the use of a "no respawn" function.

The first times, trying to make AGM working, I haven't got set the respawn type in the description file of the mission and trying to use with other clan mates, only the first that enter the mission was alive, the others was dead before playing with the dead black screen and the only player in mission saw the seagull over him.

After set the respawn type as "BASE", every player can play the mission but everytime he's dead, he respawn but we don't want this behaviour.

Probably, due to the respawn type I've set, it's correct that the dead player will respawn so I'm here to ask you how I have to set things to haven't got respawn working but with players that can join the mission.

Thanks in advance

- descripton.ext:

respawn = 0;

disabledAI = 0;

- And the host has to not disable the AI on mission start

This is how it is since OFP. AGM has nothing changed there.

AGM is amazing a couple things though

Is there currently a way to swap from using the person you are working on medical supplies and use your own first?

Also cable ties on prisoners keep timing out when combat is nearby. (only AI)

On Version 0.93

AGM is amazing a couple things though

Is there currently a way to swap from using the person you are working on medical supplies and use your own first?

Also cable ties on prisoners keep timing out when combat is nearby. (only AI)

On Version 0.93

If you're working on someone, you should always use their supplies first. There are reasons for that. If you really need to you can always give them replacements pretty easily.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Any chance of options for better pain effects? I'm tired of being blind to threats any time I take a round. I'd much rather get a pulsing darkening of the image than what it is currently. I get it's a fancy effect but it's not realistic and it's super, super, super, super annoying. Because you can't see jack shit when you get shot in the leg.