koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Hi,

i have a Problem with the AGM G-Forces.

Me and my friend are sitting in the same jet.

Yes its a jet with two seats :)

When i fly curves and i get only a little tunnel vision but he is unconscious instantly.

If he is flying alone he has the same problem.

I hope someone can help me and sorry for the bad english :)

I have tried adding AGM_Earbuds to the linkeditems vector a soldier unit in a config yet the items refuse to appear in game. Is there any explication for this?

EDIT: Same goes for AGM_Bandage and probably all AGM items.

Edited by tansvanio

Is there anyway to make it so that downed players don't immediately die but are put into the unconscious state for medics to work on them? Prevent instant death is set to yes and prevent death while unconscious is set to yes but players still die when they get headshot or grenaded, etc.

Edited by Kilo1-1

I have tried adding AGM_Earbuds to the linkeditems vector a soldier unit in a config yet the items refuse to appear in game. Is there any explication for this?

EDIT: Same goes for AGM_Bandage and probably all AGM items.

Hello Tansvanio,

try to add them with a "items" line, eg:

backpack = "";
      items[] = {"AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Morphine","AGM_Morphine","AGM_EarBuds"};
       weapons[] = {"kio_l85a2_s","Throw","Put","AGM_Vector"};

@Dsolation, it's working all fine here, The issue probably is on your side.

Could you please post your Arma3.cfg file (found in folder C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3)?

Edited by Kawa

Got a question about pain visual effects, are they still WIP or you will not change them anymore ? My eyes are suffering from the actual chromAberration PPeffects. I'm playing A3 with AGM in order to live an experience a bit closer from real life simulation but don't really enjoy sharing my avatar's pain IRL :p.

I think there is other ways to visualy simulate pain that could be more "eye-friendly" : blur, black&white colors (already used for blood loss), intensified cam shakes...

Why not using them instead of chromAberration ?

Detain people?! Interact with civilians?! Roadside IED's ?! Wow, add a few middle east civilians and armed men in takistan. Make it a insurgency gamemode. Add USAF mod and HUMVEE mod those epic mods and your up to have Arma 4. Great mod! Cant wait to try out!

How can i change the InteractionMenu that i dont have to hold the button ? I want to Press a button and the interactionmenu opens itself then i want to have a button in the interactionmenu to close the menu again. any idea ? I am looking at the scripts but i would have to change a lot or am i miss seeing something ?

I would really love to see more done with the interaction menus. Maybe pushing the self interaction menu to a radial context menu key (F key?) relating to things like fire mode, ammo types, really anything that the scroll menu in vanilla arma does; leaving contextual things like opening doors in the center and whatnot. I also think it would be especially useful to give quicker access to things that are in the vest and uniform through that menu, differentiating it from opening up the backpack but I am unsure of the difficulty of that. I don't mean to feature request but this is the only mod that comes to mind that has a functional radial menu, and I think the features mentioned might also be relevant to the goal of this mod

Is it possible to keep stationary weaponry from being moved or loaded in a vehicle? (or just disable interaction with it?)

Looking at github, there seems to be a function for that.

[staticWeapon2] call AGM_Drag_fnc_makeUndraggable;

Any chance we can have the flight model separated from the aircraft armament changes? The changes to the weaponry are outstanding but the AGM flight model for most helos makes them seem grossly underpowered for lift and antitorque. Having vanilla as a pairing option would be nice :)

Hi,

Could someone tells me if there is a function to know if a unit is captured (with handcuff) or not?

Thanks !

@KoffeinFlummi, I have turned all the logistics items into backpacks giving them the ability to be assembled and disassembled. If you would like here is the link: Dropbox. I hope to see more from you in the future!

First Up; Awesome Mod, just awesome! I have run into two problems though:

1. At 2-3 hours into a mission (:j: yes we play long missions). AI characters in my team start dying, its weird they never just die right in front of me but rather when I loose sight of them or am around a building. They just die, I loose them from the squad bar and I run over to find their dead body. They are playable characters, I don't know if that make any difference.

• The A164 lift is a bit off, typically I can take-off on the south-east airfield of Altis. The airfield is 580m long and even at 160 kph (the best speed I could get out of it) I plow into the back fence. If realism is the aim, than (I had to look these up by the way :D) a real A-10 with reduced ordnance can take off in less than 370m (1200 feet) or fully loaded in 580m (1900 feet). I know the A164 is not a real aircraft, but we have to assume it is meant to be better than the A-10 or at a minimum the similar. Maybe a brakes option would be the way to go, allowing the player to build up thrust and faster acceleration for takeoff.

Other than that, you have done an outstanding job. I all ways feel like I am missing out when I have to go back to vanilla Amra3. Thanks for the hours and weeks to come of fun!

Hello, I'm making a player vs player mission, and when trying to use the Blueforce Tracker module it shows markers, but not with my custom groupnames, just the default "Alpha 1-1" etc.

This is on a dedicated server.

if I load up the mission in editor it all works fine.

Hello, I'm making a player vs player mission, and when trying to use the Blueforce Tracker module it shows markers, but not with my custom groupnames, just the default "Alpha 1-1" etc.

This is on a dedicated server.

if I load up the mission in editor it all works fine.

setGroupId is a command with local effects. You probably didn't execute the command on all machines or on JIP.

is it normal that after 15-20 shots my weapon jam everytime ? I tried this on many weapons and they all jams... AK-47,AR15,MX...

Yeah the problem is that the guns jam so much, I assume AGM cant tell the difference between guns etc, maybe you guys could make Assault rifles jam less and MGs jam at the same rate they are now, and since people might be using some pretty varied assualt rifles (ie m4s and aks) its probably better to just make them jam less, I assume there is no useful config value you guys can draw from to do this... :confused: (ie: something that would give any vague idea of how often a gun would jam)

I assume you already sort by the cateogry used in Zeus spawning to define it (Rifle, MG , Sniper etc)

Will the mag repack feature be more in depth in the future or at least have a module to make it more in depth (like the mag repack mod)

I have put AGM on our server as well as created a mission that uses the various AGM modules (medical, respawn etc.) to configure it.

However, mission loading is always aborted (throwback to "Create game") with the following error message:

9:33:35 Missing addons detected:
9:33:35   agm_core
9:33:35 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.agm_core

The mission.sqm automatically puts this in the addons sections:

addOns[]=
{
	"a3_map_altis",
	"A3_Characters_F_OPFOR",
	"a3_characters_f_beta",
	"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Helipads",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Cargo",
	"A3_Characters_F_Civil",
	"A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator",
	"A3_Missions_F_Curator",
	"A3_Misc_F_Helpers",
	"task_force_radio_items",
	"a3_characters_f",
	"A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags",
	"A3_Modules_F",
	"agm_explosives",
	"agm_movement",
	"agm_interaction",
	"agm_core",
	"agm_medical",
	"agm_respawn",
	"agm_map"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"agm_core",
	"A3_Characters_F_OPFOR",
	"a3_characters_f",
	"A3_Modules_F",
	"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
	"A3_Characters_F_Civil",
	"A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator",
	"A3_Missions_F_Curator",
	"task_force_radio_items",
	"agm_respawn",
	"agm_medical",
	"agm_interaction",
	"agm_movement",
	"agm_explosives",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags",
	"A3_Misc_F_Helpers",
	"A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels",
	"a3_map_altis"
};

I cannot figure out why this is not working. When running the VTS sandbox mission, AGM is loaded just fine (Medical system, items, everything). Locally, the mission also runs fine.

The server .rpt file also starts with a long list of AGM addon requirement warnings, though I'm not sure those show up always or because this indicates some problem with finding the agm_core. Though I still am confused why everything would work just fine in the VTS mission.

Unsupported language English in stringtable
Unsupported language English in stringtable
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_AI' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Aircraft' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Attach' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Backblast' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Ballistics' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Difficulties' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_FireControlSystem' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_GForces' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Goggles' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Grenades' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Hearing' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Interaction' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Logistics' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_MagazineRepack' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Map' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Medical' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Movement' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_NightVision' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_NoRadio' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Overheating' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Ragdolls' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_RealisticNames' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Recoil' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Reload' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Respawn' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Resting' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Smallarms' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_StriderFix' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Thermals' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Vector' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Vehicles' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_WeaponSelect' requires addon 'AGM_Core'
Warning Message: Addon 'AGM_Wind' requires addon 'AGM_Core'

Mod load order is

-mod=@CBA_A3;@agm;@task_force_radio

Anyone got an idea how to solve this?

Linux dedicated server? Maybe you're running an older version of AGM, all the addon files need to be lowercase for linux. If that doesn't work try redownloading it and doublecheck that the server is loading it. Another possibility is that server and client are using different versions and the mission has the kick players with wrong AGM version enabled in the module.

AGM was first downloaded via PwS. When that didn't work, I tried a direct download. So I'm really very sure it's the latest version (0.93).

Players are not being kicked due to wrong addons, the mission itself cannot be started on the server. And considering that I uploaded 1:1 the same AGM I'm using locally, that really shouldn't be the problem either way.