koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

I thought I read through this whole thing, but perhaps I missed it. Is the default setting that only a medic can inject someone with epinephrine? I was unable to this afternoon, so I used Zeus to spawn a medic, remote controlled him, grabbed some epi pens, and still could not. Although I suppose that could be a function of AGM treating remote controlled Zeus entities as the same class as the person controlling them.

My unit has noticed a bug we think is linked between morphine overdose and enabling the module option of making players invulnerable while unconscious. When the player enters the overdose state, they won't ever die and can move around (sliding on the floor like a they're possessed by a horror movie). However, we have found a "fix": once they enter the overdose state they are considered awake again, so a quick shot to the face will put them back into unconscious (if you have the prevent instant death module option enabled - which I'm not sure if you can run the invulnerable unconscious w/o prevent instant death, but JIC).

We had the same problem (no insta death and invulnerability while knocked off) when someone is having an overdose, tried to shoot him and get him back up, but he was still on the ground in the animation.

We had the same problem (no insta death and invulnerability while knocked off) when someone is having an overdose, tried to shoot him and get him back up, but he was still on the ground in the animation.

Ouch. Odd that we had different results. Same bug, though. Nice to have confirmation.

I don't didn't know I have a github account, but I'd like to kindly ask someone to create a feature request to allow for other people to reload other players' launchers. It's done in real life with some launchers.

Edited by Tinter

I don't have a github account, but I'd like to kindly ask someone to create a feature request to allow for other people to reload other players' launchers. It's done in real life with some launchers.

really interesting idea

there is a lot of nice addons out there would be cool to have all the little things in one addon pack

like the top attack and the reload just to name some of it

Any idea why multipurpose ammo for the SDAR (renamed MEA ammo) no longer works with the SDAR?

Couldn't find anything in the search, but it seems to only be the case when I have AGM enabled.

Thanks for the help

Any idea why multipurpose ammo for the SDAR (renamed MEA ammo) no longer works with the SDAR?

Because when I made the new magazine types (IR, SD, AP) I forgot to re-add the dual purpose mags to the SDAR.

Im using "moduload" to reinit LAxmanns climb mod after savegame load, but as i do the deploy weapon breaks. Basically when pressing TAB to deploy the weapon it says "undeployed" or "lifted" everytime So i cant deploy the weapon.

Could you look into that? Would be very happy if you did. :) So far it seems its the only thing that breaks with a in-game reinit.

Thank you.

Im using "moduload" to reinit LAxmanns climb mod after savegame load, but as i do the deploy weapon breaks. Basically when pressing TAB to deploy the weapon it says "undeployed" or "lifted" everytime So i cant deploy the weapon.

Could you look into that? Would be very happy if you did. :) So far it seems its the only thing that breaks with a in-game reinit.

Thank you.

We reinitialize our keyDown event handlers ourselves when a save game is reloaded, so it probably triggers twice per button press with moduload, which causes the weapon to be rested and then immediately lifted again. Not much we can do about that, since we don't want to require something like moduload.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

My unit has noticed a bug we think is linked between morphine overdose and enabling the module option of making players invulnerable while unconscious. When the player enters the overdose state, they won't ever die and can move around (sliding on the floor like a they're possessed by a horror movie). However, we have found a "fix": once they enter the overdose state they are considered awake again, so a quick shot to the face will put them back into unconscious (if you have the prevent instant death module option enabled - which I'm not sure if you can run the invulnerable unconscious w/o prevent instant death, but JIC).

That bug has an issue on GitHub already and I'm working on it: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/317

As for the tourniquet discussion, I'd like to add some function over realism input to the idea. It would be nice to be able to stop the bleeding quickly without having to fully heal someone with sometimes high amounts of bandages (record in my unit: 8 bandages, but we play w/o instant-death). Now, it wouldn't be "realistic" but it would be nice to have a Tourniquet Kit (implying one or more tourniquet, ambiguously) that, when applied, reduces blood loss to its lowest possible drain. This way, non-medics can stabilize their allies without spending all their bandages, to preserve them for when a medic arrives with the bandages he filled his inventory with.

The great thing about AGM is its modular nature, so whatever the AGM teams implements (or doesn't) won't really define how everyone uses it. It's nice to see so many people passionate about a mod, but we should all remember that different play styles want different things, and sometimes one mod can't be the Skeleton Key to the perfect experience.

I think the tourniquet discussion was mostly sparked by the fact that rather small issues still tend to create multiple wounds or that explosive damage wounds the entire body. I think it would better to address those issues directly, rather than implementing a sort-of workaround, which - again - I'm working on: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/188

Thank you.

fixed.

Why did the actual devbranch breaks nearly all custom weaponsounds? Did i something wrong or is it intended to be like that?

And how is this related to AGM?

sorry if this has been mentioned but are there any plans to include more extensive map tools, like 'that mod'?

Or maybe see about including FHQ map draw and improve upon that??

Cheers and great work so far

Couldn't find anything in the search, but it seems to only be the case when I have AGM enabled.

Thanks for the help

By the way great work all round on this one. [PzGrenBrig37]commy2 in concert with Strangelove, I'm curious if you will have a fix for this anytime soon? I often build missions and rarely marine based ones. I happened to find the AGM mod and love it. It's all we use over at EBDA. Recently I've added some marine based missions and after testing only just found the issue he mentioned.

I really appreciate your hard work.

Thank you in advance!!!

On my behalf I can say that the tourniquet idea appeared as a way to help perform battlefield injury in case of very heavy injury (at the moment AGM_Medical only has no bleeding, light bleeding and heavy bleeding statuses). The heavy bleeding status is ambiguous, ranging from a good couple (2) of minutes of lifetime left to a few seconds.

This is where a tourniquet comes in handy when only one medic is available to treat the injured.

The idea was not made as a way to be a work-around to the current over-sensitive hitbox but instead, a way to prevent casualties to those injured on the middle or far end of a light IED's blast radius (those who most likely will suffer bleeding from multiple sources).

Could you make compatible Kart DLC pistol with flares? I think is valid for squad leader. Thanks!!!

Edited by dybite

Hi, i was wondering if you can integrate mod called "Switching weapons on the move" in AGM. It would be great and usefull.

If there is a way for modders to integrate the mod into the AGM keybinding menu, I do not plan on doing it, as the addon works as long as the two keybinds do not conflict.

If the AGM guys want to integrate this in their mod, they are free to do so, the code is public for anyone to use.

May be this question has been asked here before. If so, please forgive.

Are there plans to implement splinter, as it was in ACE Arma2?

Is AGM automatically detecting if all units on a side are unconscious? Didnt find it in the code.

How would I run a trigger to do this? It seems all unconscious players joinsilent "AGM_group", correct? Maybe I could count them and work from there.

Want to make a TvT Mission with Death disabled/always unconscious, so it should end when all of a side are down.

Whats the go with overdosing on morphene? When it happens the unit is stuck in the animation but can still move around on the ground quite quickly. Assuming that gets fixed, how does a unit recover from overdose?

They spend a week in the rehab center :)

Maybe the server admin can adjust the value, but I played a game where you could give a patient as much morphine as you wanted (the option to administer morphine never greyed out) but the sixth dose was lethal.

would it be too much to ask for a 1 time bandage system like ace, or a module you can place down for a 1 time bandage

btw Great mod 10/10

also anyone mentioned the bug where u cant drag a unit if u are in combat pace