koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

How should I set up respawn using the medical system? Should I just use a respawn only system instead of the revive and respawn script? Theoretically the medical system within AGM will render the player "revivable" correnct?

I have a suggestion for AGM, let me know if this already exists somewhere else

It'd be nice if AGM disabled the enemy reveal action so that enemy units won't appear on the map anymore. This is a terrible cheat during multiplayer and I don't know why it can't be turned off serverside by default.

Alongside that, it would be equally important to disable player's characters calling random things, such as "Injured!" and "I'm at grid XXXXXX" "Under fire!" etc. This is extremely annoying and only takes away from gameplay

we currently use mrb_a3_voicestop, but that doesn't stop enemy reveal, and it also disables enemy AI talk, which is undesired.

thank you

EDIT: Another thing would be the ability to choose between the default walking animation and the new one in the AGM options. I love the new animation, but sometimes I wanna swag walk

Edited by GDent

It'd be nice if AGM disabled the enemy reveal action so that enemy units won't appear on the map anymore. This is a terrible cheat during multiplayer and I don't know why it can't be turned off serverside by default.

This can be disabled in server difficulty settings! I think that it's disabled by default on highest difficulty(elite?).

EDIT: Another thing would be the ability to choose between the default walking animation and the new one in the AGM options. I love the new animation, but sometimes I wanna swag walk

Please DEVS, don't do this -.- There are more important features to add than this kind of stuff.

And I have a question to KoffeinFlummi and commy. Are you focusing more in SP or MP gameplay? (I'm guessing MP COOP)

Elite difficulty disables enemies on the map, but it also disables friendly units showing up. we want to keep tabs on friendlies

there are ways to do this with mission scripts, but it is very difficult to make everyone use the same scripts when making missions

Elite difficulty disables enemies on the map, but it also disables friendly units showing up. we want to keep tabs on friendlies

there are ways to do this with mission scripts, but it is very difficult to make everyone use the same scripts when making missions

Conversation's veering off-topic but I'll answer this.

Whichever scripts you use in the mission (non-addon) stay in the mission. That said, no one has to download or apply any scripts beyond what they do when downloading the .pbo file when they get past the lobby.

In fact, if you search around, you can find scripts that put your friendly units on the map. Search for something along the lines of "player markers".

As for the animations:

I hope you realise that even though the animations are in the engine, there is currently no way to switch between them without requiring a full game restart.

I doubt having "swag walk" will ever matter, be it in the nearby or far future.

Besides, AGM is completely modular! You can delete the .pbo that changes that animation and you'll have your walk back.

How should I set up respawn using the medical system? Should I just use a respawn only system instead of the revive and respawn script? Theoretically the medical system within AGM will render the player "revivable" correnct?

Anyone have an answer?

Conversation's veering off-topic but I'll answer this.

Whichever scripts you use in the mission (non-addon) stay in the mission. That said, no one has to download or apply any scripts beyond what they do when downloading the .pbo file when they get past the lobby.

In fact, if you search around, you can find scripts that put your friendly units on the map. Search for something along the lines of "player markers".

As for the animations:

I hope you realise that even though the animations are in the engine, there is currently no way to switch between them without requiring a full game restart.

I doubt having "swag walk" will ever matter, be it in the nearby or far future.

Besides, AGM is completely modular! You can delete the .pbo that changes that animation and you'll have your walk back.

the swag walk thing is really just a small option, it doesn't matter much to me. I don't know how difficult it would be to have it so one could use either one animation or the other.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by the mission scripts. in my group, there are multiple content creators who make missions in their own ways, making it difficult for them to always implement the same scripts every time. it's too casual for me to get them to use the same framework every time

maybe I'm just spoiled from ACE2, but it did remove enemy markers from the map. it would just be a nice addition. I do wish a mod existed that just created player markers so it wouldn't really matter.

Swag walk? It's been standard for military robots for years but I've never seen it with people.

Anyone have an answer?

The AGM Medical system is no revive script, but you can set it up with the module so that you always fall unconscious instead of dying and then wake them up with epipens. Basically using revive scripts in the same mission is probably a bad idea.

Is there a way too use @outlw_magRepack_v3.1.0 instead of the check mag thats in agm ?

Is there a way too use @outlw_magRepack_v3.1.0 instead of the check mag thats in agm ?

Pleaseee, integrate system MagRepack into AGM mod. :o

yes, you just need to change the keybind for AGMs check mag.

Pleaseee, integrate system MagRepack into AGM mod. :o

If we ever implement something similar, it will probably not be as detailed as @outlw_magRepack.

commy2;2724272']If we ever implement something similar' date=' it will probably not be as detailed as @outlw_magRepack.[/quote']

System ACE Arma 2 no implement detailed repack but is functional, no problem. :p

Love this mod guys, great job. Had one question though, are you going to be expanding the medical system? My group would love to see some tourniquets added! :)

Really? Do you really want to apply a tourniquet to each limb BEFORE you apply a bandage to each limb ;)

We've been playing with AGM for a good while now, and there is just two things that get on our nerves. Hitponts on the players and the morphine. In bigger fights people tend to get hit a lot and go uncounscious. Now after you get back up you need at least 2 morphines to get your vision back, that's all good. But if you go down for the second time, you get 2 more morphines and than bam, you're down on the ground, in agony, combat inefective. This could be changed to this: if you get shot and go down the only way to get you up is to give one or two morphines and then the epi and bam, you're back up. Now when you're back up an still in pain, if you get another morphine that will should count as 1 morphine.

Now the second: hitpoints. If one gets shot in the chest sometimes his head or arms and legs also start to bleed. Now that depletes the bandages really fast. Oh and it takes ridiculusly few shots to knock out a player. The knockout should only apply after X amount of bloodloss.

Despite these, the mod is still great and kep up the good work.

EDIT: Oh and...torniquets should also be added to slow down bloodloss.

Really? Do you really want to apply a tourniquet to each limb BEFORE you apply a bandage to each limb ;)

It's more realistic to apply tourniquets first and to prevent future blood loss in the event that they get shot again. You can re-use tourniquets, you can't re-use bandages. In real life, every Soldier and Marine carries a tourniquet for each limb. It would just make the medical side of AGM a bit better IMO.

It's more realistic to apply tourniquets first and to prevent future blood loss in the event that they get shot again. You can re-use tourniquets, you can't re-use bandages. In real life, every Soldier and Marine carries a tourniquet for each limb. It would just make the medical side of AGM a bit better IMO.

That is incorrect.

Every soldier is required to carry with him something called an IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) which carries a couple of pens of morphine, some epi, bandages of all kinds (MedCon, Elastic, Gauze etc) and one (1) CAT (Combat Application Tourniquet) which can be used on any limb and some other goodies.

It is expected of the Combat LifeSaver (US)/Combat Medical Technician (UK) to perform triage at that moment and apply the CAT where he finds necessary.

If more than one limb requires a CAT, then the CLS/CMT uses one from their own kit (Not their IFAK, but their Medikit).

What I'd like to see being done (as far as AGM_Medical is concerned) is tourniquets stopping the bleeding on that specific limb but if they're removed, the bleeding resumes.

I've found that trying to treat severely-wounded people without a tourniquet with AGM_Medical to be often a case where the patient died.

Edited by Subscyed

That is incorrect.

Every soldier is required to carry with him something called an IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) which carries a couple of pens of morphine, some epi, bandages of all kinds (MedCon, Elastic, Gauze etc) and one (1) CAT (Combat Application Tourniquet) which can be used on any limb and some other goodies.

It is expected of the Combat LifeSaver (US)/Combat Medical Technician (UK) to perform triage at that moment and apply the CAT where he finds necessary.

If more than one limb requires a CAT, then the CLS/CMT uses one from their own kit (Not their IFAK, but their Medikit).

What I'd like to see being done (as far as AGM_Medical is concerned) is tourniquets stopping the bleeding on that specific limb but if they're removed, the bleeding resumes.

I've found that trying to treat severely-wounded people without a tourniquet with AGM_Medical to be often a case where the patient died.

Yes you're correct in the sense that everyone also carries an IFAK(which doesn't contain Epi or Morphine, BTW) my post wasn't about an IFAK though. I am correct in what I said, everyone carries a tourniquet for each limb. And yes I would also like to see that feature with tourniquets as well, if you remove one without bandaging, the bleeding should continue.

That is incorrect.

You are correct about the IFAK EXCEPT about the morphine and epinephrine. I'm an active duty Combat Medic here in Ft. Bliss and I can tell you IFAKs definitely do not have that. Even I, as a combat medic, do not carry morphine/epinephrine on me, it stays in the ambulance or in the BAS (Battalion Aid Station).

Also, in real life, Marines/Soldiers DO carry a tourniquet n a pouch in each limb with the little red tab sticking out, allowing anyone trying to treat them to locate it quickly. In some units it's mandatory, in some it's not but it's still a good idea.

Perhaps my chaotic writing wasn't clear but I was mixing facts from real life with the mechanics available in any addon-based wounding system right now (and also taking from ACE2's example).

Whereas it may be true about tourniquets in excess of 2 per soldier in the US Army, it is not so in the British Army and even auto-injectors are included in the kit.

One tourniquet per soldier is mandatory. Two are optional but recommended. Three is almost considered clutter.

The purpose of an IFAK is to include medicine the soldier can apply to himself and help relief the medic's supply, it is also small and thus portable for it is intended for light to medium injuries. Anything other than that, a tourniquet or two will do until the medic comes along and takes it from there.

TL;DR

Discrepancies exist in real-life about IFAK contents.

In the end, you take whatever you think is useful based on a few guidelines.

Whether it's useful or bothersome is up to you, the medics that treat you or the bugger that shot or blew you up.

AGM_Medical should have a tourniquet, none-the-less.

Specially so considering the maximum rate of blood loss means either instant or millisecond death.

I'd also like to suggest the possibility to rest the binoculars/laser designators/rangefinders just like it's possible to rest weapons.

Edited by Subscyed

When I load a mission that uses this modification (which is still great btw) it takes about 15 minutes before the mission starts. This goes for editor-testing as well as my dedicated server. Any clue on what might cause this and how to fix it?

My unit has noticed a bug we think is linked between morphine overdose and enabling the module option of making players invulnerable while unconscious. When the player enters the overdose state, they won't ever die and can move around (sliding on the floor like a they're possessed by a horror movie). However, we have found a "fix": once they enter the overdose state they are considered awake again, so a quick shot to the face will put them back into unconscious (if you have the prevent instant death module option enabled - which I'm not sure if you can run the invulnerable unconscious w/o prevent instant death, but JIC).

As for the tourniquet discussion, I'd like to add some function over realism input to the idea. It would be nice to be able to stop the bleeding quickly without having to fully heal someone with sometimes high amounts of bandages (record in my unit: 8 bandages, but we play w/o instant-death). Now, it wouldn't be "realistic" but it would be nice to have a Tourniquet Kit (implying one or more tourniquet, ambiguously) that, when applied, reduces blood loss to its lowest possible drain. This way, non-medics can stabilize their allies without spending all their bandages, to preserve them for when a medic arrives with the bandages he filled his inventory with.

The great thing about AGM is its modular nature, so whatever the AGM teams implements (or doesn't) won't really define how everyone uses it. It's nice to see so many people passionate about a mod, but we should all remember that different play styles want different things, and sometimes one mod can't be the Skeleton Key to the perfect experience.