koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Developers,

I have a question, does your mod would create any kind of problem if we use the LKR ammo modification?

And if we decideto remove your ballistics module, the wind module would effect LKR ammo?

Developers,

I have a question, does your mod would create any kind of problem if we use the LKR ammo modification?

And if we decideto remove your ballistics module, the wind module would effect LKR ammo?

The ballistics should work without a problem, but it could be that the changed values don't apply for some of the magazines from LKR.

The wind is something completely different and works, thanks to the modular nature of AGM, without the ballistics.pbo. It should also work with LKR ammo. Never tried it though.

Hello, is it possible to make fire similar to how it looked with ACE? I mean if you first hit the tank you might see some smoke that can develop to a fire etc. And it would also look nice to change the look of the fire overall. I can't really describe the fire but you can take a look at it if you have Arma 2 and ACE 2 installed.

Thank you for a great job.

Hello, is it possible to make fire similar to how it looked with ACE? I mean if you first hit the tank you might see some smoke that can develop to a fire etc. And it would also look nice to change the look of the fire overall. I can't really describe the fire but you can take a look at it if you have Arma 2 and ACE 2 installed.

Thank you for a great job.

Something like ammo cook off you mean? Where you shoot the tank and then the fuel and ammo ignite and later on show a beautiful explosion. I always love that in ACE.

Are you using the last build from GitHub repo or pre-release version (0.90)?

i was using the playwithsix addon version which i assumed was the newest version because it was last updated 27-05-2014 and the last update to the "home" page of the github project was 26-05-2014. im gonna try downloading all the files from github to see if it fixes the problem. it brightens my soul to see that issue #216 was filed less than two days ago and its already resolved.

You're very wrong. Alongside with new helicpoters they're going to add a lot of new features like: animated ropes with RopeX, heli flight model from TOH (fligt model have it's name but I forget it), ability to shoot with small arms from vehicles, etc...

the TOH flight model was supposed to be in the game from the very beginning. if they do actually implement the ability to shoot from cargo positions in vehicles i will be very pleased, however i feel as if this will never actually happen because of bohemia interactive's past performance.

Would it be possible to build a daily, or a weekly download in full pbo format on the git hub repo ?

Is safety for weapon planned?

commy2;2708801']This is no longer possible in A3' date=' just like jamming.[/quote']

Commy, I don't think that's true. In one hand, I have a working mod for weapon jamming I hope to commit soon, which is inspired on the way ACE handled it (resets reload time each frame so weapon is always reloading and never reloads completely).

In our community we also use a weapon safety mod (called "Weapon Safety" on Armaholic) which works perfectly. As far as I can tell, it sets ammocount to 0 when safety is on, and restores current ammo again when disengaged.

Edited by esteldunedain

Pretty awesome mod, nice to see someone bringing "ACE" back in their own way. One problem though, my healing seems to be bugged. When I diagnose myself it says all my parts are damage (head, torso, arm ect) from one bullet. So basically one shot anywhere and I die from bleed out since I cant find where I'm damaged.

Commy, I don't think that's true. In one hand, I have a working mod for weapon jamming I hope to commit soon, which is inspired on the way ACE handled it (resets reload time each frame so weapon is always reloading and never reloads completely).

If you want to use the setWeaponReloadingTime command, you will see that even if you use the command on each frame, you will still be able to shoot sometimes. Especially when the game is running slow (like 20 FPS) or in MP. I tried that before and it didn't work reliably.

In our community we also use a weapon safety mod (called "Weapon Safety" on Armaholic) which works perfectly. As far as I can tell, it sets ammocount to 0 when safety is on, and restores current ammo again when disengaged.

With that addon you are able to unload the weapon magazine with the gear menu which causes problems too. There is just no way to implement it without bugs, that i am aware of. It's pretty frustrating actually.

commy2;2708830']If you want to use the setWeaponReloadingTime command' date=' you will see that even if you use the command on each frame, you will still be able to shoot sometimes. Especially when the game is running slow (like 20 FPS) or in MP. I tried that before and it didn't work reliably.[/quote']

Commy, I think you're technically right, but in our community we use it all the time and it's reliable enough. Even in MP and low FPS, the worst i've seen is sometimes ammo is whow in Orange/yellow, meaning it's almost getting reloaded. Obviously it could be worst with high RoF weapons, like some LMGs. However, It shouldn't be any less reliable in A3 than it was in A2.

commy2;2708830']With that addon you are able to unload the weapon magazine with the gear menu which causes problems too. There is just no way to implement it without bugs' date=' that i am aware of. It's pretty frustrating actually.[/quote']

I haven't noticed this! I'll check it later.

Delta, you are not supposed to ask for updates, forum rules.

Even if it wasn't a rule, don't do it anyway since many modders are busy and that type of stuff doesn't really help their progress.

I have a request. just started using this mod recently and noticed the shoulder tapping is a bit clumsy to use.

Anyway we can use a shortcut key for shoulder tap and add camera shake and also some quiet-but-noticeable tapping sound?

In the future version can you make the Diagnose obligatory for the medical system ?

In the future version can you make the Diagnose obligatory for the medical system ?

Yarp.

I have a request. just started using this mod recently and noticed the shoulder tapping is a bit clumsy to use.

Anyway we can use a shortcut key for shoulder tap and add camera shake and also some quiet-but-noticeable tapping sound?

There's a working keyboard shortcut for shouder tap in the current WIP version (hopefully working correctly since yesterday). I would like to add some feedback to the player tapping, maybe a short animation and a tapping sound. The player being tapped already has a cam shake, but we could add a sound cue too.

Still biggest problem with this mod IMO is the effects of BIS' damage methodology. The way getting shot in one body part affects multiple body parts. :(

This means too much bandaging, bit of a pain.

~~~~~

Some additions I'd like in the medsys. As someone who often runs medic... bandaging and morphine/epi leaves me desiring something, a sort of mini-game with win/fail states (A bad medic should be able to kill a patient, a good medic should be valued)

Note that all proposed additions are gameplay, not realism, oriented.

-Splints on arms/legs. Splints would be needed if a leg/arm is severely damaged (85%+). For legs high damage would remove ability to walk (a la ACE, I know currently the mod prevents running if legs are injured at all). For arms high damage would make the gun jitter, making aiming very hard. Naturally this should probably be disable-able, so perhaps taking the ACE method and adding more advanced wounding features via a module that must be placed by mission makers? This could be conveyed by the unit, and so could probably have a pass on the diagnosis screen.

-EPA on chest/throat (not sure if we have well defined hitboxes to allow for throat injuries). Breathing and airways, very important for medics. A shot to the chest/throat should make the lungs/throat fill with blood over the course of a minute, an EPA could cancel this and ensure the unit can breathe. If lungs fill with blood/breathing is impaired the unit should go unconscious within a minute or two, be dead within 5-8.

-Arrhythmia/defib, if many body parts are injured at once the body can go into shock at the heart can go dysrhythmic, causing instant unconsciousness. Death within 5 minutes. A defib would stabilize the heartbeat, but not bring someone back to life. In game arrythmia could be part of diagnosis (patient has an irregular heartbeat).

-Tourniquets vs Bandages, limbs that take high damage in a short period of time should have a chance of being arterial wounds, signified by the unit bleeding VERY heavily. Arterial wounding should be treated with tournies, as bandages will not stop bleeding. Perhaps a tournie must be placed first before bandages have any affect on arterial bleeding. Tourniquets should also stop bleeding on normal wounds, but should cause damage over time and so only be used as temporary stopgaps.

-CPR, on dying units, CPR could give more time to patients dying from arrythmia/chest/throat injuries to allow the medic to deal with problems before the unit dies. CPR would decrease time to die on units with arterial bleeding from limbs if the limbs aren't tournied.

I appreciate this is a ton of work for you guys, but I'm dying for some medic metagame here. Bit boring to be stuck bandaging all the time and never have any urgency on treating downed units (they take *forever* to die).

Regardless, fantastic work on the mod so far, it's a must have!!

SQB-SMA, I totally agree with you there.

Great addon so far thank you for all your hard work. It is truly appreciated by my group.

The only things preventing us from using it permanently right now:

- One bullet to the foot requires being bandaged everywhere.

- Death comes too quickly for downed players.

I wonder if there is a way to optionally use key strokes to issue the commands which are accessed through AGM's on-screen menu. For example "gesture: Move!" could be [Alt] [1]. Why? I have a several currently unused programmable keys at my disposal. Such key strokes can also be handy for voice control software such as VAC.

I have the exact same issue. I have a programmable gaming keyboard and several actions are programmed into it as macros. A single keystroke does my favorite actions. Really all that is necessary is have numbers as part of the action like the original such as " ` 8 2 " is staggered column. So if you included keyboard commands with the AGM on-screen Menu such as " ` 2" is STOP then its all good.

Except that occasionally an added action shows up such as " ` GET IN ...." if that reassigns the numbers then it won't work.

Hi guys, first, thanks for this awesome mod, it gave new life to Arma3.

I need to report a bug/issue that we found earlier today when another player from our squad got hit badly and felt unconscious right next to me. Luckly, we´re inside a compound which barely provided any cover but I almost instantly started treating his wound, which were many and for that, I couldnt briefly bring him up. By that time, we´re still taking a considerable amount of fire so I decided to use the AGM´s carry function, so to take him upstairs behind some cover. What happens next was that while the carry function was being initiated, he recovered his consciousness and got stuck indefinitely in that position, floating in the air as if he was on my shoulder. Maybe if there was a "reset" own position function, he could have recovered himself from that awkward position, avoiding an unnecessary respawn.