koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Could someone point me to some type of tutorial or explaination as to how to use the FCS, I understand it generally but am not entirley sure.

A german one is fine (google translate does it pretty well) but I would prefer one in English.

Have you thought on MEDEVAC concept? For example, if someone will get really badly hurt\shoot the only way to fully bring him to "life" is transport him via MEDEVAC to hospital. It's just a concept, but I've seen this working in Arma2.

Have you thought on MEDEVAC concept? For example, if someone will get really badly hurt\shoot the only way to fully bring him to "life" is transport him via MEDEVAC to hospital. It's just a concept, but I've seen this working in Arma2.

This ^^

In Arma 2, having to order in a MEDEVAC to take the wounded back to base for healing added a whole other layer to the game - it adds more variety and depth to gameplay. It meant that pilots jobs had more of a meaning, and people valued their virtual lives more as getting shot up pretty bad really could put you out of action. You get take too many risks and get shot up too often, you are punished for it (in ACE you would be punished by having your legs broken. Only way to fix them was to return to base via MEDEVAC).

Currently, if someone is hit, a medic will always be able to heal them up (unless they are shot in the head). Having near-invincible soldiers takes a lot away from gameplay in my opinion. Of course, the good thing about AGM being modular is that servers/communities can disable/enable these features if they do or do not want them.

Really depends on the type of mission you play. If you don't have a well held battlefield or predefined front lines, this could detract from a mission and add quite a bit to the mission time.

Being on a two hour window for most of our missions and as Air Assault, only holding our immediate ground. MedVac wouldn't work for us. Although we have discussed it at great lengths, we could never make it 'fit'.

I'm sure other SOPs have had similar issues and discussions.

The MEDEVAC idea sounds like somthing for scripts in a mission, thought it would be a cool in one of these "ace-esque addons", it could probably (Hopefully) implemented with some scripts that interface with the AGM medic system, pretty sure its possible since in the AGM medic test videos he put some certain variables to X value to produce effects in the console, this should mean you can say somthing like using the same system AGM checks for damage, if this damage is below the value of X then make them only revivable with scripts, implemented revive along with the script into it or whatever.

Seems possible but idk if the documentation on the agm commands/other shit is made or available etc

While its cool a medevac system in this mod is pointless the vast majority of the time Its not needed as Medics can heal all.

Please do not add it as a feature of AGM (avoid bloating).

The med system will soon have the ability to config all the major features you need. I made a system myself in ACE with nothing more than stock helicopters a building and some good configuration here is how its done:

1.Disable Full heal by medic in ace you could set this so even with healing the player will heal less each time. (AGM has a module)

2.Set a building in base to full heal. (ACE had a parameter for this)

3.Use helicopter to transport injured persons to base for full heal. (AGM has the load injured)

Re: MEDEVAC:

It certainly won't be added as a core feature of AGM, as it's something the vast majority of players, myself included, will find completely nonsensical. It might be added as an option later down the road.

Yeah, I was pretty much saying, a medevac script could (I believe) be made to work with AGM, but yeah this should not be implemented in AGM,it isnt somthing for mods, as I believe this is possible with scripts right?

Spefically those that get/return agm medic system values to determine when this or that should happen etc

I reported this 3 issues in the GitHub.

Unconsciousness effects remain after respawn, Zeus, Dead cam... #216

In a differents missions, when one player is dead or unconsciousness, the camera effects remain in the Spectator Cam, Zeus mode, and after respawn.

Custom AGM controls need x2 (double key) options #217

For exemple, i have 2xG for launch grenade and CTRL+2xG for change type of grenade, with this avoid accidents.

But with AGM, when i press two times ALT+G for change two times the mode, this change the grenade and launch this.

Grenade launch mode ALT+G not work in Patrol Operations 3 #218

I tried diferents options and combinations, but i cant change the grenade launch mode in the PO3.

What I would like to see within the domain of this mod is the ability to carry an injured/dead soldier. It could even go further and provide the ability to put them incapacitated in vehicles´ cargos. Other than that, I love this mod, it was a great addition to the 19thMCU Takistan Insurgency Server.

Keep up the good work!

What I would like to see within the domain of this mod is the ability to carry an injured/dead soldier. It could even go further and provide the ability to put them incapacitated in vehicles´ cargos. Other than that, I love this mod, it was a great addition to the 19thMCU Takistan Insurgency Server.

Keep up the good work!

Well, all your wishes have come true! All you mentioned is already in the mod...

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

Really depends on the type of mission you play. If you don't have a well held battlefield or predefined front lines, this could detract from a mission and add quite a bit to the mission time.

Being on a two hour window for most of our missions and as Air Assault, only holding our immediate ground. MedVac wouldn't work for us. Although we have discussed it at great lengths, we could never make it 'fit'.

I'm sure other SOPs have had similar issues and discussions.

Re: MEDEVAC:

It certainly won't be added as a core feature of AGM, as it's something the vast majority of players, myself included, will find completely nonsensical. It might be added as an option later down the road.

You're both right, MedEvacs for regular 2 hour missions would simply detract from gameplay and take away the 'fun' element for most. However, I feel that MedEvacs fit in very well with public/persistent mission gameplay where missions can last for days (on and off, of course).

Coming from a group that likes to focus on realism, but also heavily focuses on having fun (it's a game, right?), we've found that MedEvacs were a great aspect of public gameplay and added more intensity and fun to missions. As I also mentioned in my previous post, MedEvacs give pilots more of a job to do, something that public servers usually lack (where pilots often have little to do, for a lot of the time).

Again, this does depend on people's gameplay style as everyone likes to play differently. However, I do feel that many people would very much appreciate the possibility of MedEvacs at some point.

@KoffeinFlummi, our community very much appreciates what you're doing and we support you 100%.

I really do think MEDEVACs are possible with scripts, if the dev of this mod could verify this it would help.

Pretty sure it can be scripted pretty easily by someone with the right knowledge of the mods commands (variables or whatever cant find the right word)

Still, seems like somthing that could be scripted to just work with the mod, really doesn't seem like somthing you can properly implement with a mod, except with modules.

I really do think MEDEVACs are possible with scripts, if the dev of this mod could verify this it would help.

Pretty sure it can be scripted pretty easily by someone with the right knowledge of the mods commands (variables or whatever cant find the right word)

Still, seems like somthing that could be scripted to just work with the mod, really doesn't seem like somthing you can properly implement with a mod, except with modules.

Mods are scripts (with the exception of models/sounds). All scripts can be packed into addons. If he really wanted to, KoffeinFlummi could make most of AGM a series of scripts that are run on the mission.

If you've ever played King of the Hill or Altis Life, you'll know that these missions do not require any mods to be run - they're simply all just scripts that are run on the mission (even though they could be packed into mods).

You're right, a MedEvac system could be made into a script (that taps into AGM's commands/variables), but if KoffeinFlummi could add it to AGM it would be even better. Turning on/off this system would be as simple as not placing down that particular module in the mission.

Edited by Goodson

Hi,

For your future plan Fast roping

do you make a different ropes , (30m, 55m, ...) like ACE ?

Only the player who has the rope can deploy

a good mod. feels like an early version of ace2. the only problem is that the following is inevitable if you play a game too long and there is no way to fix it aside from restarting the game:

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

I imagine for roping he could be holding off for now, at least to see what BIS release for the Heli DLC.

lmfao dont get your hopes up for the helicopter DLC. the game is already released. the most theyre going to do is add a few new fictional spaceships with rotors and charge 5.99 for it. theyre not going to drastically change the flight model or any core features of the game theyre only adding a few worthless units. if he eventually does do fastroping for this mod he should just do it at his own pace and release it. then others can modify it to work with mods that typically have more and higher quality content than bohemia interactive dlcs.

with the zlt fastrope script it was originally written for the vanilla vehicles such as the ghosthawk. im not a fan of the hypothetical so i started using the HAFM us helicopter import which zlt did not work with. i thought "well a ghosthawk and a blackhawk are similar dimensions and a similar design" so i changed the classname in the script from the ghosthawk to the UH60 blackhawk and the fastroping worked perfectly. for other stranger and less orthodox vehicles (mi-8/17, mh-46/47, ch-53 etc.) you would only have to move the location on the vehicle in which the ropes are deployed. if you tried to do the aforementioned but replaced the blackhawk with a chinook or huey the ropes might be deployed several feet to the side of the helicopter or through its floor.

Edited by rxnxr23

i think ive found a temporary fix for the unconsciousness effect/black screen bug. if you inject yourself with morphine until you overdose and die it will go away when you respawn. for me this took like 8-12 morphines.

Really enjoying using AGM it adds a lot of great features to the game. I just wanted post some feedback and suggestions.

* I think agm_ragdolls may be responsible for desync at times. I noticed that sometimes when units get killed the it can cause desync happen which makes the shot unit either just stand still for a second then teleport to the ground or sometimes they teleport to 1 or 2 locations before coming to a stand still. This doesn't happen all of the time however I would say it happens 4 times out of every 10 kills. I am not sure if this is true but I think that unlike animals and the weather ragdoll effects are actually synchronized on a server to all players, so it might be possible to just run agm_ragdolls on the server only as right now I believe there might be a tug of war between the clients and servers agm_ragdolls.

* If the interact menu is opened while the bar is going across it seems to cancel the current action, I am not sure if this is by design but its great and I like it however would it be possible to have a hint message stating that "X Action Had Been Cancelled". Currently it seems some people in my group are thinking they need to keep bandaging the same body part 3 or more times because they don't realize that the last action was cancelled.

* In my gear selection script I have it so when a player selects the Assistant Gunner I run "player setVariable ["AGM_IsMedic", true];". This works perfectly however if this player then goes and selects a kit where I have defined "player setVariable ["AGM_IsMedic", false];" then this player retains the ability to still use epinephrine and blood bags and I am guessing this works the other way around also if the player was to go from a none medic to a medic, I haven't had chance to test this yet.

* It was mentioned a few pages back but it would be great to get something a long the lines of bandage kit because in my group we make use of CASEVAC. This works perfectly big missions but if we play smaller missions where we don't have CAS then it requires our medics to fill their bags with bandages. Sometime down the line it would also be great to get something like a tourniquet to help medics deal with heavy wounds.

* I am not sure how this happens but for some reason sometimes if a player dies he also gets removed from the group. I am trying to reproduce the steps that causes this to happen at the moment it seems completely random. Not much information here but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Cheers guys for your great work on AGM its definitely taking ARMA 3 in the right direction we just need BI to release the helicopters DLC which I hope will fix the flight model that our pilots are always complaining about :)

Why not implement a realistic repair system? :P

Because it's not that easy and it takes time.

Thank you for your feedback. I made a ticket for each thing you mentioned on github. I am not sure we can do anything about the ragdolls not being synced properly, since thats done by bohemia. I think it's simply more noticeable with the changed ragdolls, but i might be wrong.

a good mod. feels like an early version of ace2. the only problem is that the following is inevitable if you play a game too long and there is no way to fix it aside from restarting the game:

Are you using the last build from GitHub repo or pre-release version (0.90)?

lmfao dont get your hopes up for the helicopter DLC. the game is already released. the most theyre going to do is add a few new fictional spaceships with rotors and charge 5.99 for it. theyre not going to drastically change the flight model or any core features of the game theyre only adding a few worthless units.

You're very wrong. Alongside with new helicpoters they're going to add a lot of new features like: animated ropes with RopeX, heli flight model from TOH (fligt model have it's name but I forget it), ability to shoot with small arms from vehicles, etc...

New features will be free for everyone but the content (new helis) will be paid just like karts. You should read some topics first to inform yourself.

cheers