koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

I'm not too sure about the look of that pain test. The chromatic aberration (RGB split) effect mimics distortion caused by digital cameras. Seeing this effect through a player's eyes is very odd indeed.

For a more organic feel, I would suggest the Dynamic Blur effect instead. It would feel much more 'human':

http://i.imgur.com/1qcKi7i.jpg

Btw, I noticed that you're using the edge blur (not sure of the correct term) effect when in pain. Players who turn off the blur effects in their video settings will not see this at all - this could put them at an advantage. Instead, the Dynamic Blur method blurs the screen no matter what the player's video settings are.

Those minor details aside, I can't wait to try this mod out! I'll be giving it a field test with my community soon.

That's very interesting to know.

I was sure that blur wasn't a proper solution because 99.99 % of players were disabling it by default. Good to know that it's not the case.

Blur is one of the best way to simulate that kind of things. Camera shaking is extremely annoying from a player perspective and chroma aberration makes no sense.

Hmm, anyone of you has ever been wounded in a combat? My guess would be, animals, i.e. also human beings, are made to survive and may have no penalty in what they see with their eyes - rather the opposite. I would guess they're even more focussed. Just a guess :) Not interested in first hand experience, haha.

Hmm, anyone of you has ever been wounded in a combat? My guess would be, animals, i.e. also human beings, are made to survive and may have no penalty in what they see with their eyes - rather the opposite. I would guess they're even more focussed. Just a guess :) Not interested in first hand experience, haha.

Yeah but we are talking about a video game. With heavy limitations. You can do so much when it comes down to simulate that kind of things.

We've been testing it for a few days and it's a immense improvement from the one click revive method.

Here's what I think should be added/changed/improved upon:

Require a diagnosis first, if the medic performs a diagnosis he should get the option to bandage all wounds using a looping animation telling him which bodypart (sometimes multiple times) is being treated. An option to cancel the current action when in danger would be nice to have. Currently having to bring up the interface and bandage every body part separately is very time consuming and slows down a mission considerably.

Currently being shot in a specific bodypart does not correspond with which bodypart you have to bandage and leads to having to bandage all bodyparts. Being wounded in a specific bodypart and that having its specific influence on gameplay (forced to crawl/crouch when shot in the legs) instead of going unconcious would be very nice.

Medics should get more supplies from the start, we have to change loadout scripts or place down a medical box in every mission. Regular infantry should also get a few more bandages from the start (8?). Medical trucks having more supplies by default also comes to mind. Loading injured teammates into the medical trucks would halt the bleedout process?

I know that some people don't like the action menu, but having the drag (and carry possibly) option there would be beneficial and make gameplay more fluid or maybe turn it into a configurable keybind in the AGM options?

The possibility to go to a hospital at base and remove every negative aspect of wounds/blood/pain.

Requiring a diagnosis is one of the things that's planned for the module. The whole issue with gunshots wounding multiple body parts is known, we have yet to see if that can be resolved.

I'm not too sure about the look of that pain test. The chromatic aberration (RGB split) effect mimics distortion caused by digital cameras. Seeing this effect through a player's eyes is very odd indeed.

For a more organic feel, I would suggest the Dynamic Blur effect instead. It would feel much more 'human':

http://i.imgur.com/1qcKi7i.jpg

Btw, I noticed that you're using the edge blur (not sure of the correct term) effect when in pain. Players who turn off the blur effects in their video settings will not see this at all - this could put them at an advantage. Instead, the Dynamic Blur method blurs the screen no matter what the player's video settings are.

Those minor details aside, I can't wait to try this mod out! I'll be giving it a field test with my community soon.

Well, there is no realistic way of simulating pain on screen. I like this effect because it creates tunnel vision, meaning that you can still fight if necessary, but it being annoying enough to consult a medic and get some morphine.

Thanks for your efforts KoffeinFlummi! We have a problem with your addon. Our clan have an <A2> before the player name (example <A2>Dybite) so the medic or other functions do not work as they should. Can you please fix it for us?

Thank you for everything!

Yes you can. Use bCombat :)

bCombat is SP AFAIK. ASR is a solid MP-Mod. To answer the question: I think it is possible, first tests indicate, that there is no real issue.

Hello !

Amazing mod, thanks for your work.

I have two questions and one request. I only have ear ring on very close explosions, and the duration is very short. Could it be longer and also applies to machine guns ?

Also i didn't manage to drag someone and i don't see the action in the context menu. Does it work on AI ?

Thanks.

bCombat is SP AFAIK. ASR is a solid MP-Mod. To answer the question: I think it is possible, first tests indicate, that there is no real issue.

bCombat works very well in MP. I run it on my dedi server and on a local server and have NO issues whatsoever.

I agree that ASR_AI is great, but having played with both, my money goes on bCombat.

bCombat works very well in MP. I run it on my dedi server and on a local server and have NO issues whatsoever.

I agree that ASR_AI is great, but having played with both, my money goes on bCombat.

What script do you use for patrols? I tried to use UPSMON for patrol b/c it is compatible with bcombat, but the script is currently not working properly. I can use bCombat or ASR_AI, but in missions, you would have to put down a lot of waypoints that make the gameplay predictable for the author.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

My main question is this: Why does AGM interfere with the sounds. Running AGM and using this line, 0 fadeSound 0, does not work. What pbo do I have to remove to fix this?

My main question is this: Why does AGM interfere with the sounds. Running AGM and using this line, 0 fadeSound 0, does not work. What pbo do I have to remove to fix this?

Hearing.pbo ...for rater obvious reasons i think.

commy2;2703710']Hearing.pbo ...for rater obvious reasons i think.

I thought it was. But I took out the hearing pbo and it still did not work. Removing AGM totally works. I did not want to have to go through each one individually, but I may have to if the mod author does not respond. Secondly, you seem to misunderstand what 0 fadeSound 0 does. It is meant to mute sound ambiance, and is particularly effective during intros/outros of missions when a music might be playing in the background.

I thought it was. But I took out the hearing pbo and it still did not work. Removing AGM totally works. I did not want to have to go through each one individually, but I may have to if the mod author does not respond. Secondly, you seem to misunderstand what 0 fadeSound 0 does. It is meant to mute sound ambiance, and is particularly effective during intros/outros of missions when a music might be playing in the background.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/search?q=fadeSound

Turns out its Medical and Hearing.

The mod author is currently asleep but i think he will gladly help you out tomorow when hes awake : )

Btw, can u fix ragdoll power on explosions? Just drop a vanilla grenade near the unit and see the effect, units body after death will accelerate as much as if it had a jet pack on it

Is it possible to disable the "trippy" effects you get when you are badly hurt? It's pretty harsh on the eyes.

Using dynamic Blur and fading to black&white is a nicier UI for pain and extreme pain... PR mod for BF2 used it quite efficiently!

And I have a bug to report: firing 7.62 chambered weapons (even with suppressors) triggers the explosion/machinegun ringing sound =( (I wouldn´t mind using the ear plugs, but they´re not issued to units, and some script heavy missions make almost impossible spawn it with MCC or VAS)

cheers!

;2704078']Using dynamic Blur and fading to black&white is a nicier UI for pain and extreme pain... PR mod for BF2 used it quite efficiently!

And I have a bug to report: firing 7.62 chambered weapons (even with suppressors) triggers the explosion/machinegun ringing sound =( (I wouldn´t mind using the ear plugs' date=' but they´re not issued to units, and some script heavy missions make almost impossible spawn it with MCC or VAS)

cheers![/quote']

The ear ringing is not only for explosions and machine guns, but depends on the audibleFire config entry. What weapon were you using that you think is to 'loud'?

Currently the suppressors are ignored when calculating the ringing sound. I'll change that later today, so this will be fixed in the next version.

Also, im reworking the weapon and ammo crates, so they will contain ear plugs and the other items by default.

I was firing IA-2 7.62 and FN FAL from BDF mod (they use 7.62 vanilla mags/ammo), G27 from BWM mod and the vanilla EBR in semiauto - all using supressors. 7.62 is a powerful caliber, I guess it could accept the ringing, but my complaint was solenely to effect ignoring suppressors, but on the other hand, maybe the ringing should be restricted to machinegun long bursts and higher calibers (.50 cal and above) and ordinance usage (cannons, bombs, rockets etc)

Looking forward the next patch =)

Where do i find the classnames? All the medic stuff e.g.

AGM_Box_Medical

AGM_Bandage

AGM_Morphine

AGM_Epipen

AGM_Bloodbag

AGM_SpareBarrel

AGM_EarBuds

AGM_UAVBattery

AGM_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer_Dim

AGM_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_SD

AGM_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_AP

AGM_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer_Dim

AGM_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_SD

AGM_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_AP

AGM_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Dim

AGM_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_SD

AGM_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_AP

AGM_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer

AGM_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer_Dim

AGM_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_SD

AGM_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_AP

AGM_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_LR

Some might not work in the official build.

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

It is only fair to ask how the medical system for AGM compares with that of XMeds. Does anyone know?

@commy2: Thx! Would be cool to see this stuff in wiki.

@chondo: xMed is a little bit more complex but a bit buggy @ the extended stuff. X39 develop a completly new version at the moment but this will take some time. AGM medic system is like ace, not as far but just as simple as ace. Its much better then the normal script based systems but i still miss some sort of decisions to make. Not just read the list from top down and click brainless like a berserker. I hope this will come, its just the beginning. ;)

Edited by Numrollen