koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Love it other than the fact that the simulated ringing sound is incredibly loud. I feel like I have to wear ear pro just to play the game.

I've got some experience with shooting an array of weapons without ear pro (permanent hearing loss in my left ear because of it, wooo) and after awhile things begin to muffle and you get a small, albeit annoying (sometimes permanent like mine) ringing in your ear. Tone that sound down to a different pitch and have the player's sound begin to muffle over time. I believe ACE did it like this for ArmA II.

Any way I can turn that effect off completely?

Edited by Wilco

Most likely by renaming/(re)moving "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@AGM\addons\agm_hearing.pbo" and restarting of mission.

Love it other than the fact that the simulated ringing sound is incredibly loud. I feel like I have to wear ear pro just to play the game.

I've got some experience with shooting an array of weapons without ear pro (permanent hearing loss in my left ear because of it, wooo) and after awhile things begin to muffle and you get a small, albeit annoying (sometimes permanent like mine) ringing in your ear. Tone that sound down to a different pitch and have the player's sound begin to muffle over time. I believe ACE did it like this for ArmA II.

Its modular. Just delete agm_hearing in your modfolder.

Question to KoffeinFlummi:

Could it be that your mod makes the game darker? Since I´ve used your mod, I cant see shit at night ;)

Even in the day it´s a bit darker.

I looked at my settings but evrything wa slike befor.

Whats weird to, is when I open the graphics menu the Game (in the background) gets brighter/ the dark effect is gone. (even at day)

When I turn AGM off the darkness is gone.

So it might be something with the NVG?

My sunglasses, oh dear ;) Thx to 10.PzD Odin

Edited by NIN3

NIN3

Is your character wearing glasses? In AGM sunglasses have the effect you describe, even the clear tactical glasses make your game a little darker.

Is your character wearing glasses? In AGM sunglasses have the effect you describe, even the clear tactical glasses make your game a little darker.

lol... funny enough I asked myself the very same question. :D

I've got a minor problem with the weapon resting function: Whenever I use it the first time, when lying prone, my character stands up and remains standing until I let him lie down again.

Its modular. Just delete agm_hearing in your modfolder.

Question to KoffeinFlummi:

Could it be that your mod makes the game darker? Since I´ve used your mod, I cant see shit at night ;)

Even in the day it´s a bit darker.

I looked at my settings but evrything wa slike befor.

Whats weird to, is when I open the graphics menu the Game (in the background) gets brighter/ the dark effect is gone. (even at day)

When I turn AGM off the darkness is gone.

So it might be something with the NVG?

My sunglasses, oh dear ;) Thx to 10.PzD Odin

Nice! I looked in the mod folder too and didn't see it. I must be blind.

Thanks mate.

2013-08-13-Strip_285_Questionable_Advice_web.gif

More seriously, as said by the others you can remove agm_hearing.pbo to remove the effect. I sure did.

1. It seems like the medical system makes it so that at least three parts of your body are injured when you receive a shot. It may have been an issue/conflict with a wounding script in the mission, though.

That's an issue with Arma's way to calculate damage. Heavy hits in one body part also affect those around it.

2. I also didn't see any ways to carry or drag wounded players.

Were the players unconscious?

3. Even though I had blood bags in my backpack and was a Combat Life Saver, I did not have the option to give a blood transfusion to players who had lost some blood.

You can only give blood transfusions after players lose a certain amount of blood. This is to prevent unnecessary usage of blood bags. I might remove that limit though.

Is a laser recognition planned in vehicles for defence?

And will get the Blackfoot TCS for the main gun, too?

That's an issue with Arma's way to calculate damage. Heavy hits in one body part also affect those around it.

Daaamn, is there any way for you to fix that or is it not possible?

Can we get an explaination of what each PBO files does? So for example if we want to disable certain features? I can't seem to find this info on your wiki page.

Thanks for this!

I'm writing an overview right now.

lol... funny enough I asked myself the very same question. :D

I've got a minor problem with the weapon resting function: Whenever I use it the first time, when lying prone, my character stands up and remains standing until I let him lie down again.

There was a bug that caused your character to stand up when resting the weapon in low, left and right prone. That has, however, been fixed: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/130

Is a laser recognition planned in vehicles for defence?

And will get the Blackfoot TCS for the main gun, too?

Maybe and maybe :>

Daaamn, is there any way for you to fix that or is it not possible?

Well, there might be some terribly ugly workarounds, but I don't know if there's a proper way to do it. I might be able to fiddle with the HitZone radii (is that the plural of radius?) a bit.

Very good stuff, thanks alot for the work! Any chance of a more AI-friendly medsystem? I mean, AI cant fall unconscious, AI medics are useless to a player.

Hello KoffeinFlummi,

First of all congratulate you and BWMod Team for this great addon! Today we have tested it and everyone was amazed by it!

I wanted to ask you for help to recreate a particular situation: CASEVAC!!!!

I want a new option that when a unit dies, have the option to respawn, but also the option of staying on hold, them you can run a CASEVAC and to bring the "dead" to special area, a field hospital or whatever (could be defined with a name on a marker or something), and there you can revive the dead.

Rescue PJ role, medical evacuation, security perimeters, etc. Without sacrificing the role of combat medic, if you could continue attending wounded and unconscious people in the battlefield.

Another great option would be that in some vehicles (CASEVAC helicopters, AMBULANCE, designated by unit names, etc.) you can stabilize the injured or unconscious, making stop blood losing...

WE REALLY THANK U VERY MUCH FOR YOUR JOB!!!!!!

PD. Excuse my poor english!!!

Edited by DIABLO_ESUS

So when you implement extra equipment like bolt cutters, will you have special animations for those? And then I know the RQ-11B Raven mod has the drone hanging off of you. Would that be a possibility as well? To see the bolt cutters on your pack or something?

Could it be a seperate module that changes the names of vehicles? I find it highly confusing when some vehicles keep having different names.

Edit: Weapons also!

Edited by Bumgie

Could it be a seperate module that changes the names of vehicles? I find it higly confusing when on same vehicles keep having different names.

I concur.

Could it be a seperate module that changes the names of vehicles? I find it higly confusing when on same vehicles keep having different names.

+1

I understand why people want the real names but for me this doesn't add anything to the game and I need to learn the new ones. :p

Awesome... maybe the new ACE we were expecting :D

I also would like to see some consistency with the names of vehicles compared to the A3 vanilla names.

Renaming them to something other than the Vanilla names is just going to cause confusion when you are basically looking at the same object or using the same item and what real ingame benefit will this have. I dont see one.

We've been testing it for a few days and it's a immense improvement from the one click revive method.

Here's what I think should be added/changed/improved upon:

Require a diagnosis first, if the medic performs a diagnosis he should get the option to bandage all wounds using a looping animation telling him which bodypart (sometimes multiple times) is being treated. An option to cancel the current action when in danger would be nice to have. Currently having to bring up the interface and bandage every body part separately is very time consuming and slows down a mission considerably.

Currently being shot in a specific bodypart does not correspond with which bodypart you have to bandage and leads to having to bandage all bodyparts. Being wounded in a specific bodypart and that having its specific influence on gameplay (forced to crawl/crouch when shot in the legs) instead of going unconcious would be very nice.

Medics should get more supplies from the start, we have to change loadout scripts or place down a medical box in every mission. Regular infantry should also get a few more bandages from the start (8?). Medical trucks having more supplies by default also comes to mind. Loading injured teammates into the medical trucks would halt the bleedout process?

I know that some people don't like the action menu, but having the drag (and carry possibly) option there would be beneficial and make gameplay more fluid or maybe turn it into a configurable keybind in the AGM options?

The possibility to go to a hospital at base and remove every negative aspect of wounds/blood/pain.

I'm not too sure about the look of that pain test. The chromatic aberration (RGB split) effect mimics distortion caused by digital cameras. Seeing this effect through a player's eyes is very odd indeed.

For a more organic feel, I would suggest the Dynamic Blur effect instead. It would feel much more 'human':

1qcKi7i.jpg

Btw, I noticed that you're using the edge blur (not sure of the correct term) effect when in pain. Players who turn off the blur effects in their video settings will not see this at all - this could put them at an advantage. Instead, the Dynamic Blur method blurs the screen no matter what the player's video settings are.

Those minor details aside, I can't wait to try this mod out! I'll be giving it a field test with my community soon.

Edited by Goodson