koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Hi devs, thanks for bringing us this mod.

I hope you manage to stay focused on your end goals and arent manipulated by too many requests for obscure uneeded content like "In air refueling" and a lot of additional clutter that ACE had.

WGL got it right

ACE got it wrong imho. No "end aim, no real structure or focus on what they wanted to accomplish

Good luck with it and looking forward to playing it as it develops

Edited by Terox

This is truly spiritual successor to ACE.

Question:

Can gesture animations be slow down or perhaps paused/toggable (I'm looking at you Dayz SA)

or just add a userconfig .hpp to edit values. Thank You guys so much for this modification! when used alongside TPW_mods I can almost actually feel the grit of battle and the altian sun. Fabulous work gentlemen, Bravo :partytime:

We added it to one of our servers today, Patrol Ops, and I must say it was really a good time. WE liked the medical system a lot more than Xmed. However way to much bandaging for wounds, it seemed every time someone was hurt they would need 5 bandages for different areas...but great none the less.

One thing we noticed, we engaged a platoon of enemy tanks at around 1500-1800m and when we lazed the targets the round would fall WAYYYY short. Not sure if you tested it out at those ranges, but they do not work.

Anxious to see more of what you guys have.

Any plans to implement better armor penetration, and ballistics? Like rounds going through objects/soft targets/ect. I really like how you guys have sort of followed how ACE had worked in the past, but I saw someone else mention WGL and agree that they did it right back in the OFP days...I would rather a tight group of great modules that add to the realism, over way to much crap that no one ever uses or cares about.

I love the civilian interaction, goes well with many different game play types.

Combine this mod with TFR and, JSRS, Blastcore...I almost feel like I am playing ArmA2 ACE.

Edited by Abshire

Great mod, but you die way too fast. Would be great if you could make that a config param or something like that :)

May a module in the editor where you can set the mission overall health??

Best regards and many thanks for this amazing mod!

commy2;2698759']

Half of what you mentioned is already part of the medical stuff. Obviously it needs improvement' date=' but the increased lethality was one of our goals to begin with. For now the unconsiousness state is disabled for ai units and it will be a lot of work to implement it, but its planned afaik.

[/quote']

I sure hope you will add some kind of damage multiplier or a general ability to adjust the amount of damage. Because for me, the whole point of a medical system is definitely *not* to make things more lethal but quite the opposite. In vanilla, you basically have two modes for soldiers: fully functional and completely dead, and more often than not, your missions end to a single bullet shot by a hawk-eyed AI lying in a bush 800 meters away. To combat this, I want a medical system to add an interesting gradient between these binary states and to maintain a group's combat effectiveness a bit longer without making your soldiers immortal super terminators. If you make the enemy even more lethal than it already is, what's the point of having a medical system in the first place, as everyone just dies instantly without ever even getting a chance to receive treatment? Some wounds should definitely be instantly lethal (headshots, upper body wounds etc) but two shots in the extremities should definitely not be automatically deadly.

Hi devs, thanks for bringing us this mod.

I hope you manage to stay focused on your end goals and arent manipulated by too many requests for obscure uneeded content like "In air refueling" and a lot of additional clutter that ACE had.

WGL got it right

ACE got it wrong imho. No "end aim, no real structure or focus on what they wanted to accomplish

Good luck with it and looking forward to playing it as it develops

What Terox said. Beware of over-engineered features. Keep it realistic, but tight. And never forget - gameplay gameplay gameplay!

Good luck guys!

I mean the 120mm (4.7in) SB MG253 on the Merkava should be able to engage and destroy targets at over 3000-4000 meters, but the rounds fall short when lazing targets at over 1500m. Something to look into I think, especially for us tanker types who like realistic tank battles.

Also the technique for engaging tanks using a laser FCS, would be to 'Laze and Blaze', the FCS should be able to calculate the range and speed of the target without having to hold on the target...is that something you guys plan on improving?

Congratulations on the release! Did you fix savegame compatibility as mentioned in the old thread? This would be very important for SP missions. A very good day, thanks a lot for the good job your team is doing.

Anybody noticed that after respawn/unit switch/switching to Zeus/... all medic effects carry over? Would it be possible to keep all the effects bound to a special unit instead of the player?

Hey just a question....

What is "agm_ai" good for?

The Group join and send civilain away options?

or did you actually changed ai behaviours?(nothing in the changelog/features list)

Out of that, great mod. :D

Only the self interaction menu works for me. But when I only press the app key for interaction menu it does not work, and I cant change the key. So I'm unable to control my AI. Any ideas?

I can't seem to find the button to switch flares, if you'll pardon my blindness.

In Pilgrimage mission, a lot didn't work. The UI, weapon resting etc... I found out, it is the case if I use asr_ai3. For whatever reason, AGM works also with asr_ai3 when starting an editor quick mission.

I wonder if there is a way to optionally use key strokes to issue the commands which are accessed through AGM's on-screen menu. For example "gesture: Move!" could be [Alt] [1]. Why? I have a several currently unused programmable keys at my disposal. Such key strokes can also be handy for voice control software such as VAC.

I sure hope you will add some kind of damage multiplier or a general ability to adjust the amount of damage. Because for me, the whole point of a medical system is definitely *not* to make things more lethal but quite the opposite. In vanilla, you basically have two modes for soldiers: fully functional and completely dead, and more often than not, your missions end to a single bullet shot by a hawk-eyed AI lying in a bush 800 meters away. To combat this, I want a medical system to add an interesting gradient between these binary states and to maintain a group's combat effectiveness a bit longer without making your soldiers immortal super terminators. If you make the enemy even more lethal than it already is, what's the point of having a medical system in the first place, as everyone just dies instantly without ever even getting a chance to receive treatment? Some wounds should definitely be instantly lethal (headshots, upper body wounds etc) but two shots in the extremities should definitely not be automatically deadly.

When falling unconscious the AI stops shooting at you, which gives your group the chance to get you back up. But a module to adjust all kinds of values is planned.

I mean the 120mm (4.7in) SB MG253 on the Merkava should be able to engage and destroy targets at over 3000-4000 meters, but the rounds fall short when lazing targets at over 1500m. Something to look into I think, especially for us tanker types who like realistic tank battles.

Also the technique for engaging tanks using a laser FCS, would be to 'Laze and Blaze', the FCS should be able to calculate the range and speed of the target without having to hold on the target...is that something you guys plan on improving?

I'd like to keep the current system, makes for a bit more challenging gameplay. Also I just tested again and I'm having no issues engaging both moving and stationary targets at ranges up to 3.5km. Maybe upload a repro mission?

Congratulations on the release! Did you fix savegame compatibility as mentioned in the old thread? This would be very important for SP missions. A very good day, thanks a lot for the good job your team is doing.

Not yet.

Anybody noticed that after respawn/unit switch/switching to Zeus/... all medic effects carry over? Would it be possible to keep all the effects bound to a special unit instead of the player?

Working on it. Here's a ticket for it: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/128

Hey just a question....

What is "agm_ai" good for?

The Group join and send civilain away options?

or did you actually changed ai behaviours?(nothing in the changelog/features list)

Out of that, great mod. :D

ATM it just changes some values. In the future that functionality might be expanded.

I can't seem to find the button to switch flares, if you'll pardon my blindness.

It's a button in the standard Arma control settings, under Weapons. Default is Ctrl+C I believe.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

I wonder if there is a way to optionally use key strokes to issue the commands which are accessed through AGM's on-screen menu. For example "gesture: Move!" could be [Alt] [1]. Why? I have a several currently unused programmable keys at my disposal. Such key strokes can also be handy for voice control software such as VAC.

That's an interesting idea. We'll look into it.

Can we get an explaination of what each PBO files does? So for example if we want to disable certain features? I can't seem to find this info on your wiki page.

Thanks for this!

Can anyone please explain how to use the command rose, when I hit the interation key nothing happens but I can use the self interaction key. Any help?

Ear buds, spare barrel, and some medical supplies are listed under "Attachments" in the popular Virtual Ammobox script menu. They should be categorized as "Items" instead.

How about an option where other players cannot see your map marks? This way you actually have to relay a grid/MRGS to friendly forces on enemy locations, etc... This cause room for error (Not reading grids right and up!) and makes the functionality of situational awareness items (ctab, gps, etc...) more crucial and/or optional.

Note; I don't know if this can be done already in the games setting/server side.

Great Mod guys! Keep it up!

I'm guessing nobody saw my other post, but the new walking animation needs tweaking (I know it's made by BIS). It has the character's left wrist become twisted and disfigured

I'm guessing nobody saw my other post, but the new walking animation needs tweaking (I know it's made by BIS). It has the character's left wrist become twisted and disfigured

Sorry, there's quite alot of things to respond to right now :3

Anyways, the only alternative is reverting back to the old animation. You could try to make a new one, but I doubt it's even possible to create one that always looks good in that pose, since the hand position is determined by the handanim of the weapon.

1. It seems like the medical system makes it so that at least three parts of your body are injured when you receive a shot. It may have been an issue/conflict with a wounding script in the mission, though.

2. I also didn't see any ways to carry or drag wounded players.

3. Even though I had blood bags in my backpack and was a Combat Life Saver, I did not have the option to give a blood transfusion to players who had lost some blood.