koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

I can see any effect of wind on my Bullets (7,62 and 12,7, 408. Cheytac) but in the mod description stands:

Fixed this on the git hub half an hour ago.

Oh, I figured out my issue with wounding! Apparently having TPW MODS on conflicts with the wounds. The solution appears to be that TPW BLEEDOUT overlaps with this new wound system, causing the whole body to become wounded. Sorry for bringing that up as an issue. :P

But I do still have a question. Does the AI have the initiative to heal themselves? Testing around in the editor, I have not seen the AI do this. I have to manually heal them, it seems. They don't seem to be calling themselves injured, so maybe that's why they don't take the initiative.

this looks really interesting have to try that out some time

is this stand alone or you gone build that into the BW mod to ?

reduce AGM_click.wav in agm_core\sounds -27db for me the original is too hard with nvg

other bug in nvg with you exit mission and join again the brightness setting is not deleted

Edited by yuma

this looks really interesting have to try that out some time

is this stand alone or you gone build that into the BW mod to ?

Its stand alone, although the bwmod will be fully compatible. Also note that some features from bwmod 1.0 will be removed with the upcoming update, since they have been moved to agm (e.g. the IFV Pumas FCS and the Night vision adjustements) and may cause problems atm. AGM was released today to prepare for the new bwmod version.

So is the overheat implemented? Cause I fired thousands of rounds only pausing to switch mags/belts and never had a jam or anything that resembled an overheat. I used the MX LMG and the AV m249. I had an extra barrel on me through both tests and could never figure out how to change them. Which makes me think it just doesn't work.

So is the overheat implemented? Cause I fired thousands of rounds only pausing to switch mags/belts and never had a jam or anything that resembled an overheat. I used the MX LMG and the AV m249. I had an extra barrel on me through both tests and could never figure out how to change them. Which makes me think it just doesn't work.

I was able to change the barrel on one of Massi's M240s (can't remember off the top of my head how I did it, I think it was in the new "self menu" thingy) but like you I never experienced a jam/overheat--and I tried on the vanilla weapons and addons too...

A few things: The night vision adjustments don't do anything for me above the lowest three settings. It looks normal at another above those, but the lowest two or three settings drop the highlights down a lot, basically just crunches the brights down to be mids. It's not changing the sensitivity to light or anything.

And is the wind stuff implemented? I set the wind to high and starting shooting at extended range with tracers and didn't see any drift.

I'm also noticing that there's an increased level of lethality with your addon. For example: spawning an autorifleman and a rifleman, and then as the autorifleman shooting the rifleman in the back of the right knee, without your addon it took 3 shots to kill. With your addon it took 2. I would hope that with your medical system you'd have the opposite effect, where you have a bit more survivability but you have to suffer with the consequences of injuries before death, including things like pain and unconsciousness. I'm all for two shots being enough to drop a guy, but it seems like it should put them in an unconscious state where they quickly start bleeding out rather than them just dieing before the effects of the medical system come into play. Obviously someone taking two point blank shots to the knee shouldn't be combat capable but that doesn't seem like it should instantly kill. It'd be nice to have slower deaths with stuff like limb wounds, instead having those infer major penalties such as movement/weapon handling, even if it's just forcing prone and reducing accuracy.

Things that aren't working for me:

The walk animation: still have that same walk animation (which I'm fine with, it's not a combat pose so no need to be combat ready, it just looks a bit weird because the sling isn't actually rendered), and it seems a bit buggy as walking and lowering your weapon tends to cause the player to walk without any input and continue walking until you get lucky and it stops.

Wind ballistics: nothing happens.

Backblast: none of the launchers I've used so far have had any effect.

Jump: No jump occurs.

Weapon Jamming/Overheating: I have yet to experience a loss of accuracy or failure to function no matter how many rounds I fire.

FCS: Maybe there's something I'm missing but all it does is set the elevation, doesn't help hit moving targets, etc.

Ballistics: I've also noticed that rounds no longer carry any of the momentum of the platform they are fired from. For example, if you were in a tank, driving parallel to another tank, and you pointed straight at the other tank as you traveled, your round would move laterally as well as directly towards where you were aiming, meaning if you were both moving you had to lead very little. I'm not sure this was entirely accurate but I know that this effect is very real (especially for aircraft) so it not being present is a bit troubling.

Not sure if the state of the mod just isn't as clear as it seems or if I'm just having issues, but I thought I'd share what I'm experiencing at this point. What is working is awesome, and I am looking forward to getting the other stuff working, one way or another!

Disabled all other mods and I got the backblast to work. One thing I will say is that it seems a little much to kill anyone who isn't directly behind the person firing the launcher. I had a full health AI soldier killed at 10 paces by one backblast instantly. Backblasts are dangerous but with many systems, not deadly unless you're pretty close and obviously directly behind the launcher.

A great example is firing an RPG in a somewhat small enclosed space. There's plenty of footage out there of dumbass insurgents doing that with the RPG-7, and they rarely suffer more than a hell of a shock and a ton of dust/smoke and shattered windows. Firing indoors with something like an RPG shouldn't kill.

Modern recoilless systems usually don't have an especially intense backblast. Gone are the days of the AT4 doing as much damage out the rear as the payload does down range. The AT4-CS is able to be fired in relatively confined spaces by using a countermass of saltwater that helps absorb the shockwave and make operation safe. You still don't want to stand right behind it but it's GREATLY reduced backblast.

In terms of gameplay, I think it's actually fine just because it over-encourages caution, but in terms of realism I feel it's a bit off. But I won't tell my group that! ;)

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Is there a chance to make body armor realistic? This mod nerfs it quite a bit, and modern plates can withstand dozens of rounds of 556

Mod is looking great so far. Very keen to use it extensively.

I do have an issue with the UI though. I am playing on triple wide resolution of 7680 x 1440 and the interaction font is quite large. It doesn't seem to be scaling correctly to the resolution.

See screenshot below.

http://i.imgur.com/TFdsHmk.png (310 kB)

Would appreciate a fix, as reading each option is a little difficult.

Is there a chance to make body armor realistic? This mod nerfs it quite a bit, and modern plates can withstand dozens of rounds of 556

I think the current values (two shots to kill with 5.56) are too low but dozens might be a bit much.

I think this should be left alone, just maybe maybe units more survivable. BI is currently working on drastic changes to protection, so I think it's wise to wait to see what they do with that and then start on the modded side of that once that system is implemented fully, otherwise there could be a lot of work done for the addon that is thrown away later down the road.

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

I think the current values (two shots to kill with 5.56) are too low but dozens might be a bit much.

Oh I don't know. You'd be in a hell of a lot of pain, but modern level III armor could stand up to a lot. There's footage of some armor taking a dozen or so point blank 5.56 rounds. The armor can take it, it's just a question of what the repeated blunt trauma, shrapnel, and spalling would do to a soldier. You wouldn't likely be in fighting shape, but you could survive it. The real issue is that a lot of coverage that should be there exists with current armor. Actual body armor is pretty limited, especially with lighter kits (preferred by most units in the field these days).

I think lowered lethality would be good though, as I mentioned before. What kills now should down a soldier now so that a medic is needed for that soldier to do anything.

This looks intresting, if this mod brings wind effects into the game, will it servers a Kestrel like in the cool ace mod in the future too?

This looks intresting, if this mod brings wind effects into the game, will it servers a Kestrel like in the cool ace mod in the future too?

No, but the BWMod will:

No, but the BWMod will:

I know, and it looks nice, but that does not help people that are not using bwmod :(

A few things: The night vision adjustments don't do anything for me above the lowest three settings. It looks normal at another above those, but the lowest two or three settings drop the highlights down a lot, basically just crunches the brights down to be mids. It's not changing the sensitivity to light or anything.

I changed the NVG adjustment yesterday, so this will be imroved in the future.

And is the wind stuff implemented? I set the wind to high and starting shooting at extended range with tracers and didn't see any drift.

Yes it is, although it's currently bugged. Fixed that one yesterday too, so wind will have an effect in a future release.

I'm also noticing that there's an increased level of lethality with your addon. For example: spawning an autorifleman and a rifleman, and then as the autorifleman shooting the rifleman in the back of the right knee, without your addon it took 3 shots to kill. With your addon it took 2. I would hope that with your medical system you'd have the opposite effect, where you have a bit more survivability but you have to suffer with the consequences of injuries before death, including things like pain and unconsciousness. I'm all for two shots being enough to drop a guy, but it seems like it should put them in an unconscious state where they quickly start bleeding out rather than them just dieing before the effects of the medical system come into play. Obviously someone taking two point blank shots to the knee shouldn't be combat capable but that doesn't seem like it should instantly kill. It'd be nice to have slower deaths with stuff like limb wounds, instead having those infer major penalties such as movement/weapon handling, even if it's just forcing prone and reducing accuracy.

Half of what you mentioned is already part of the medical stuff. Obviously it needs improvement, but the increased lethality was one of our goals to begin with. For now the unconsiousness state is disabled for ai units and it will be a lot of work to implement it, but its planned afaik.

Things that aren't working for me:

The walk animation: still have that same walk animation (which I'm fine with, it's not a combat pose so no need to be combat ready, it just looks a bit weird because the sling isn't actually rendered), and it seems a bit buggy as walking and lowering your weapon tends to cause the player to walk without any input and continue walking until you get lucky and it stops.

Iirc this problem also occours even with the default animations.

Wind ballistics: nothing happens.

Yea, its bugged. See your second point.

Backblast: none of the launchers I've used so far have had any effect.

I can assure you they have...

Jump: No jump occurs.

The jumping is a replacement for the vaulting animation when running. It does work.

Weapon Jamming/Overheating: I have yet to experience a loss of accuracy or failure to function no matter how many rounds I fire.

There is no jamming, since i dont know how to implement it. I don't think its possible without some ugly work-arounds. The accuracy will decrease which you can definitely see when firing tracers at night.

FCS: Maybe there's something I'm missing but all it does is set the elevation, doesn't help hit moving targets, etc.

You have to look at the target and hold down tab, while following it with the cursor. Then release it and keep the cursor on the target. Then you can fire, but the horizontal speed of the target has to be constant for it to work obviously.

Ballistics: I've also noticed that rounds no longer carry any of the momentum of the platform they are fired from. For example, if you were in a tank, driving parallel to another tank, and you pointed straight at the other tank as you traveled, your round would move laterally as well as directly towards where you were aiming, meaning if you were both moving you had to lead very little. I'm not sure this was entirely accurate but I know that this effect is very real (especially for aircraft) so it not being present is a bit troubling.

I don't know what could have changed any of this or if this is even a thing in arma.

Not sure if the state of the mod just isn't as clear as it seems or if I'm just having issues, but I thought I'd share what I'm experiencing at this point. What is working is awesome, and I am looking forward to getting the other stuff working, one way or another!

Thank you! : )

Disabled all other mods and I got the backblast to work.

Yea, some things like the overheating or the backblast might not work for weapons from third party weapon packs, since they are not set up for it. So you should test with the default weapons to be sure.

One thing I will say is that it seems a little much to kill anyone who isn't directly behind the person firing the launcher. I had a full health AI soldier killed at 10 paces by one backblast instantly. Backblasts are dangerous but with many systems, not deadly unless you're pretty close and obviously directly behind the launcher.

A great example is firing an RPG in a somewhat small enclosed space. There's plenty of footage out there of dumbass insurgents doing that with the RPG-7, and they rarely suffer more than a hell of a shock and a ton of dust/smoke and shattered windows. Firing indoors with something like an RPG shouldn't kill.

Modern recoilless systems usually don't have an especially intense backblast. Gone are the days of the AT4 doing as much damage out the rear as the payload does down range. The AT4-CS is able to be fired in relatively confined spaces by using a countermass of saltwater that helps absorb the shockwave and make operation safe. You still don't want to stand right behind it but it's GREATLY reduced backblast.

In terms of gameplay, I think it's actually fine just because it over-encourages caution, but in terms of realism I feel it's a bit off. But I won't tell my group that! ;)

The most important you sad in the last sentence. The AGM is in the first place ment to have nice, authentic gameplay not necessarily an overly realistic one. Also it depends on the launcher how far the backblast will go and how strong it is. Also, everything is subject to change.

In the future, it would be easier for us if you guys report issues on our issue tracker.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues?milestone=2&state=open

Well damn, this is intense. Will download when I get home. Other people seem to have favorable opinions. The Dev tracker looks like you've got an awesome future.

Hell, maybe AGM is the new ACE.

Great work, guys!

We tested AGM yesterday evening - indeed: It seems that we have a new ACE...:yay:

One question: Is there a classname for the extra barrel for MGs?

I can't find something in my inventar or in a weapon crate...

And, yes: there is no jamming or overheating while shooting 1000 rounds with MG4 of the BWMod - for me...

When I get the chance, I'll test with a weapon tracer script to see if the dispersion gets any worse after large amounts of rounds. I didn't notice anything yesterday, but I wasn't specifically looking for it.

Unfortunately the walking animation used in this modification makes the character's left arm become very disfigured :(

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Could probably use some tweaking. Yes I do realize BIS captured the anim, but it does need to be tweaked.

Great work, guys!

One question: Is there a classname for the extra barrel for MGs?

"AGM_SpareBarrel"

And, yes: there is no jamming or overheating while shooting 1000 rounds with MG4 of the BWMod - for me...

They are not set up for it, meaning they are missing the neccessary config entries. This will be done with the new bw version.

Great work on the mod, much needed!

Just a little bug I found: When you open the Interaction Menu on a friendly unit and press "Treat >>" and then press "<< Back", you don't go back to the person you first interacted with, but to the Interaction Menu (Self).

Great work on the mod, much needed!

Just a little bug I found: When you open the Interaction Menu on a friendly unit and press "Treat >>" and then press "<< Back", you don't go back to the person you first interacted with, but to the Interaction Menu (Self).

Fixed.

Great mod.

Don't want to criticise it, since it not even a full relese. But medical system needs some tweaking, it's a bit ridiculous. You jump from 2 meters and start bleeding from whole body.

Thanks for relese, though.

Found a bug: If your weapon is holstered and you try to jump, it won't work. You'll vault instead.

I'd report it on the tracker, but I don't have a github account.