Sign in to follow this  
harry26548

Crash, Crash and Crash

That makes much more sense :P I kinda assumed you either meant a non-nvidia card or maybe the 780.

Anyways, so that rules out graphics card drivers. So it seems it is indeed the memory allocators. I have still seen crashes even with jemalloc, so my final recommendation until Bohemia fixes their memory allocators or whatever is wrong, use the following launch parameter.

-malloc=system

Yep, thats all that is needed.

This will give you the most stable environment. Now a few notes when using this. Frames will be slightly different. Whether or not that will be an improvement will depend on your system or the mission being played.

One thing to expect however is possible longer loading times. One example is when joining a server, the initial load until you get to the lobby screen may take a while. Just be patient with it.

Let me know if any of you have further crashes with this allocator running (.rpt files would be very welcome as well!)

I don't know what resolved the problems, the last patch or the memory tweaks but I just played for 4 hours and had no issues.

A few days ago I tested the max mem tweak for 30 mins as noted earlier without a crash, so possibly that was it.

Yeah, its pretty much a ghost issue. I have had people use just malloc system and it works fine 100% so far. The max mem has only worked about 20% of the time :/

Ah, thats unfortunate Cyclone. Thanks for letting me know. Im not sure if I can do anything else in way of trouble shooting. It seems its beyond me.

I'm getting CTDs, total system freezes and bluescreen errors "exception_not_handled (dxgmms1.sys)" randomly. Already uninstalled EVGA Precision X and installed the actual NVIDIA driver 337.88 but nothing did work so far.

Gotta try to take out the additional 16 GB RAM and see what happens...

I'm getting repeated CTDs (Arma 3 has stopped working) when trying to load into multiplayer server.

Fixes I've tried:

Complete reinstall

Verifying integrity of game cache

Unsubscribing from Steam workshop content and deleting the local files

Upgrading/Downgrading graphics drivers

so i have been having this crash problem for months now, after around 20 minutes of playing wasteland it crashes then about 5 or 10 mins in if i go back on. I am in a clan so when i am playing, i am always in Team Speak 3.

Earlier today, i was playing solo, as nobody was online and noticed that i hadn't crashed at all. i then went onto TS3 and it crashed within 20 mins.

I deleted TS3 from my computer, reinstalled it and have not crashed since.

The problem was most likely because i had not updated TS3 in a very long time.

Let me know if this helps you guys out. i am not sure if the same problem could occur in programs similar to TS3, like mumble etc, but reinstall just to be careful.

i tried this nand dosnt do anything, even my linux server is having issues now

I did have this issue.

At first and after looking at my RPT file I figured it was @Hiddenidentityv2 causing me the issue, as after I turned it off the crashes seemed to stop.

Then they returned. By chance I turned up the fans on my desktop (have a manual fan controller on the back) to just under 50% of full RPM's after reading some of the suggestions here, and it seems to have stopped the crashes again.

At this point I don't know what to think. Its true the weather is getting warmer, so maybe that's it but when I've checked my temps in the past everything is within manufacturers specified tolerances. My machine is not that old and has just had a total reinstall / rebuild with new coat of thermal paste etc.

Putting out the extra 16 Gigs RAM didn't help here. Went back to a former NVIDIA driver as my system kept getting those DirectX related bluescreen errors. Testing what happens right now....

Hi

Sorry to hear so many of you are still having issues with crashes.

I had constant crashes with my PC in Arma3, I'm happy to report that since I implemented flyinpeguin's memory parameters a week ago all the crashes have stopped.

At least for me that was the fix.

Anyone new to the thread should have a look at the memory fix mentioned in the thread assuming they've already ruled out Addon/Mod incompatibilities.

Their issue is completely different Dragon, so unfortunately, that fix will not work. I cannot troubleshoot their issue through forums which is why I have not responded to them. BSOD is a completely different issue that is likely hardware or software based. I would have to have access to their computer to be able to fix it which I am not willing to do.

So at least I got my freeze and crash errors solved by going down a bit with CPU core voltage and clock rates. Also I disabled that clock boost feature that let my CPU break the 5.0 GHz notch which caused my system to freeze/crash as that CPU is getting really hot at such clock rates :/

I went down to 1.40 V at 4.5 GHz each core at the moment and that fixed my problem (yayyyy!) :D

Will see if i can get back to 4.7 GHz stable.....

Tested last night and I got the exact same crash 3 times if I pushed my CPU to much so if you OC anything I would start there as well...

/KC

Aaand thats exactly why I didn't respond initially :p That is kind important to let people know that you are overclocking your system when troubleshooting. Anyways, glad you got it fixed Cyclone!

Erm.....NO.

I don't overclock. The AMD FX 9590 clocks at 4.7 GHz at 1.5 V in Idle when boost clock is disabled. But if you leave the settings default with boost clock enabled, the cpu clocks 1.4 GHz in Idle but gets up to 5.0 GHz at a certain point. If the cpu is air cooled this is simply too much and the system freezes. (Only with ArmA though. Every of my other games just run fine)

I got it stable now at 4.6 GHz and 1.45 V. That's still more than enough to run ArmA smoothly at ultra settings :o

Edited by Cyclone83

Ah. I guess my unfamiliarity with AMD is finally coming to bite me... Cool that they sell a CPU at 4.7, that sounds expensive though

Lol, actually it's a best price / performance ratio. At the moment it's around 274,- € (370,- $) ;)

Lol, actually it's a best price / performance ratio. At the moment it's around 274,- € (370,- $) ;)

A 4.7 Ghz CPU wow. How do you find it for reliability (Arma problems aside)? I always find that they needed a little more care and attention then the Intel chips.

I used to love AMD and for years they were the best bang for your money. I work In IT and at one time I loved to tinker with computers, overclock them, squeeze the most FPS out as possible, now though when I'm done work I just want to play my games lol.:cool:

I have been playing Arma 3 pretty much non-stop since the beta with over 500 hours logged, mostly playing Wasteland. This past week my game started to crash at the menu screen and it does a hard lock and sometimes a restart of my computer. I have tried pretty much everything I could find online to fix the crashing from reinstalling to trying all the different launch options. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my hardware because I can play all my other games for hours without a problem and I have thrown all kinds of benchmarks and stress tests against the computer and I cannot crash it or have it show any signs of problems. I even tested the HDD and moved the Steam directory to a different HDD and still no luck.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Try updating graphics drivers. Also make sure that you are not running any mods to see if its just a mod that you tried. Other fixes could be running as administrator. Try sending a .rpt file if it generates one or give us some more info somehow. Unfortunately not enough info for a localized case like this.

Try updating graphics drivers. Also make sure that you are not running any mods to see if its just a mod that you tried. Other fixes could be running as administrator. Try sending a .rpt file if it generates one or give us some more info somehow. Unfortunately not enough info for a localized case like this.

I already played around with different video card drivers and no luck. I am not running any mods because I tried doing a fresh install of Arma 3.

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

Running as admin did not work.

I ve got the crashes, too, and finally fixed it with the help of the EUTW staff.

In my case it's on the allocater by Fred41 . He did a great job (the /LARGEADRESSAWARE registry string seems to work) but the custom malloc he uploaded crashed my ArmA3. Weird that i could play over 3 or 4 weeks with it, but since Monday it definatly caused the crash. Using the -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi fixed it.

I am also experiencing constant MP crashes. As a new account on here i can not create my own thread for it so heres hoping some one will see this one and be able to help me. I've had over 250 hrs on arma 3 during the alpha and didn't experience many if any CTDs, however i took some time off came back around the Zeus patch. I simply cannot play now the game is constantly crashing in MP i've tried about every solution i've seen posted on this website and others the various tweaks and tips in this post included it simply will not run longer than 20-30 minutes with out giving me the arma 3 has stopped responding. I am sure i need to post logs for you guys to look at but i want to be sure i am posting relevant information so if any one could tell me what i need to post for someone far smarter than me to look at thanks again.