Sign in to follow this  
domcho

spawn BIS_fnc_infoText for a specific player/group only

Is it possible to make 2 different info texts 1 for 1 player and the other for a group?

yes I think this should be possible to make. can you specify your wish a little more? (like what kind of group, blufor or a specific blufor team)

Is it possible to make 2 different info texts 1 for 1 player and the other for a group?

Yes, pretty easy:

waitUntil {!isNil player;};
if (side player == OPFOR) then {
["I am OPFOR"] call BIS_fnc_infoText;
} else {
   if (group player == group1) then {
    ["I am from group 1"] call BIS_fnc_infoText;
   } else {
    ["I am BLUFOR and not from group 1... Might as well just die now"] call BIS_fnc_infoText;
   };
};

This must be executed in some simple trigger, spawned through init.sqf or using BIS_fnc_MP

I don't remember what arguments BIS_fnc_infoText takes, but I hope you get the principle.

It's an MP mission for 6 players. 1 players starts as a pilot at the airport, the other 5 are a group of Spetsnaz who have to clear a village and use laser designator to mark a specific target for the pilot. I want the pilot player to see the following:

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 3];
waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};
["Southwestern Airbase", "Nogova", "May 26, 1985 - 04:30"] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;
sleep 1;
playmusic"text";
sleep 3.2;
playmusic"text";

and the Spetsnaz team to see:

["Nevelkov", "Southern Nogova", "May 26, 1985 - 04:30"] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;
sleep 1;
playmusic"text";
sleep 3.2;
playmusic"text";

Basically the first line displays the village/location, the second line displays the part of the island and the third line displays the date and time. But the bis_fnc_infoText in the init.sqf is displayed to all units

This must be executed in some simple trigger, spawned through init.sqf or using BIS_fnc_MP
I don't know how to spawn triggers and add stuff to them :confused:

BTW, I don't want to open another thread so I'll ask here - how can I check if a whole group has damage>=0.8? Something like damage count units group1 >= 0.8 but this code doesn't work

Well after working on the code that DarkWanderer gave me I was able to do what I wanted to. Here it is:

3 fadeSound 1;
enableRadio true;
if (group player == Pilotgroup) then {
["Soviet airbase", "Western Nogova", "May 26, 1985 - 04:30"] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;
} else {
   if (group player == Spetsnazgroup) then {
    ["Nevelkov", "Southern Nogova", "May 26, 1985 - 04:30"] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;
   };
};

This creates a different info text at the start of the game. Since the pilot starts at the airport he'll see the first text and the Spetsnaz group that starts in the village of Nevelkov will see the second text. Haven't tested it in multiplayer but I believe it should work. Thank you very much.