Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Watch_Dogs

IIRC the game auto adjusts to that weather and time at beginning of that mission though. Graphics are far worse and the game still has quite severe performance issues.

Bought the PC Dedsec edition when it was £69.94 on Amazon, running at 1080p and Ultra settings I get 60fps or so, enjoying it, hoping for some mods to remove the derp but dunno if that'll happen :)

Watch Dogs vs Mafia (2002).

2002 game shows it's class over Watch Dogs, so called "next gen" lol Edited by Sudayev

On a more humorous note:

I watched all of his "reviews" a while back and its pretty hilarious. Good stuff.

Really good review.

I think the biggest difference between this and GTA is that Rockstar actually gave a shit about making a believable, living world full of little insane Details while Ubisoft just wanted to have a city so that they can reuse their old "climb/take over this object to unlock sidemissions on that part of the map" thing.

Really good review.

I think the biggest difference between this and GTA is that Rockstar actually gave a shit about making a believable, living world full of little insane Details while Ubisoft just wanted to have a city so that they can reuse their old "climb/take over this object to unlock sidemissions on that part of the map" thing.

Rockstar has a lot of experience with this sort of thing. It's been their staple genre for quite a long time. AC and FC3 can't really compare to GTA, while W_D feels like it has attempted to and fell short.

Ubisoft has made an average effort with some interesting ideas and twists to the genre, and I believe if they don't just bury the Watch_Dogs IP and put more heart into the sequel, they can produce something really good.

The title really feels like they needed more time with it, but someone above said "Ok, we have to get this out". You can really see it in the campaign. The story really starts slow, begins to open up, there's so many things going on, feels really great and then all of a sudden, all loose ends are tied up in a few missions. Even the "Doge_Cave" feels like an unused set-piece.

Believe it or not, there's a lot of detail in the game in regards to world, the NPC's and their behavior. It's the first title where I feel like I can hit the walk key, and stroll the world forever. Amazing world with nothing to do in it except for the run of the mill collectibles. It's like having bought the entire Steam catalogue, there's so many things there and still not knowing what to do with it all. Sort of a paralysis thing. The "big details" is what they missed.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Really good review.

Great review actually.

The ultimate problem with WD, besides the glaring technical issues, cliched story and characters, is the fact that the world seems so empty and lacks immersion. It also feels oddly just like the AC series in it's mechanics, though thoroughly less polished and more tacked on than anything else. I played the shit outta GTA5 and was hoping that WD would fill that niche on the PC. But as they say, shit in one hand and hope in the other.

I guess I'll just continue to wait for GTA5 to pop up on PC...

Great review actually.

The ultimate problem with WD, besides the glaring technical issues, cliched story and characters, is the fact that the world seems so empty and lacks immersion. It also feels oddly just like the AC series in it's mechanics, though thoroughly less polished and more tacked on than anything else. I played the shit outta GTA5 and was hoping that WD would fill that niche on the PC. But as they say, shit in one hand and hope in the other.

I guess I'll just continue to wait for GTA5 to pop up on PC...

No one does this type of game better than RS, PERIOD.

WD could have been above average but Ubish!t were in such a rush to make money, they forgot their QA and delivered a $60.00 train wreck.

It's still breaking sales records but most of us don't judge a game's quality based on it's sales, if we did, we'd all be playing Minecraft, listening to Lady BlahBlah and rocking a shamwow ;)

I kinda wish I'd bought it for the Xbone tbh because at least I wouldn't have to deal with the f**king technical issues that the PC version has.

As it stands, still no patch and Ubi blaming everyone but themselves for the technical problems.

Damn shame :(

Edited by BangTail

Bought it today ( PS4 ), and I've already played a couple of hours.

To this moment it's precisely what I was expecting, a "modern Assassin's Creed" game mixed with some Matrix story. Obviously you can't compare it with GTA, but IMO it's not meant to be in the same category: GTA is a huge unlimited Sandbox while WD is more a limited Sandbox focused on the story with some RPG touches ( as all AC have been ).

The graphics are superior than the former generation of consoles, although obviously it still does not take advantage of the 100% of the system yet. For instance while driving in a car I get some graphic lag ( it happened to me also in GTA4 for Xbox360 ).

But besides that, the game plays really nice up to this moment. :bounce3:

does anyone else get bothered by the lighting in this game? I always think it looks too flat, almost like there isn't any actual lighting to speak of.

I've always steered clear from UBI games since Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, always warned people not to ride the hype train with ubisoft titles. Ghost Recon Future Soldier was pretty much the same story as watch dogs in terms of its release, unoptimized, buggy and bland, I found both watchdogs and FS a displeasure to play, I have a high spec system, and Future Soldier still won't run smoothly on high settings. i get 24 max. Ubisoft haven't fixed a lot of issues now, such as Xbox Controller tips still appearing ingame, but they still released DLC!

I would warn others, that unless you have a console, avoid ubisoft games until they get their heads sorted out.

Well folks still fell for the mighty hype train because Ubi is sneaky,in their sea of mediocrity they still pop some decent(by decent I mean not totally herpa-derpa) titles now and then.So people probably thought that Hacker_Dogs will be another SC BlackList,FC3 or ACIV.

At least with EA it's a safe bet of what to expect and I'm pretty immune to their hype trains.:z:

Now this is very interesting

So either the guys at Ubisoft are extremely incompetent or the PC version was gimped on purpose (maybe paid for by Sony) so that the next gen console versions don´t look that much worse in comparison...... FPDR

@Beeelow i recall replying saying that the game was not downgraded, i still stick to that yes.

Well game and graphics are evidently not the same to her :rolleyes:

Yeah.

When the PS2/3 and the XBox/ 360 came out they were indeed more powerfull than the average gaming PC and that is one reason why they became so popular. Now the average gaming PC is already at least on the same level as the newly released consoles and will get more powerfull while the cosoles will stay the same for the next 3 or 4 years. That is why PC gamers aren´t that impressed by the next gen claims, we already had that for the last few years...

I can definately see Sony or Microsoft paying off game devs so that they keep the same level of detail on all plattforms so that the consoles are not obviously much worse than average gaming PCs.

Yeah.

When the PS2/3 and the XBox/ 360 came out they were indeed more powerfull than the average gaming PC and that is one reason why they became so popular. Now the average gaming PC is already at least on the same level as the newly released consoles and will get more powerfull while the cosoles will stay the same for the next 3 or 4 years. That is why PC gamers aren´t that impressed by the next gen claims, we already had that for the last few years...

I can definately see Sony or Microsoft paying off game devs so that they keep the same level of detail on all plattforms so that the consoles are not obviously much worse than average gaming PCs.

Yah, 'next gen' is a hilarious piss take.

Neither of them (Xbone or PS4) are capable of 60FPS @ 1080P (maybe in a handful of games, but most are locked at 30FPS and in many cases not even full HD) and yet the 'they' insist on pimping 4K which is pretty much useless unless you need the screen real estate for productivity or you simply enjoy unzipping your e-fly and waving around your e-wenis.

And now, to top it all off they are removing features on their already shitty ports to sell more boxes, again, disgusting.

Pretty soon, Elite: Dangerous, R6:RS, ArmA 3, DCS and Richard Burns Rally will be the only games on my desktop.

PC gaming sucks now and it gets worse by the day.

These fucking bloodsuckers are nerfing PC versions just so the console versions will sell better, disgusting.

Very true,I'm happy though that the indie scene really took off and we still have smaller devs that make quality games(until they sell out but that's another story).

Even if I find something remotely interesting from these sharks like EA and Bubi I usually think "ok,let's see how they decide to fuck up the pc users again".

And yeah,gimping the pc versions because console ones look like crap is a new low.

Sometimes I think us pc gamers are the friggin' Cinderella which is weird because if you read some earning reports from Bubi our platform earns them almost the same as PS3 or X360.

And on PC they don´t have to pay license fees to Micro$oft and $ony. Still they put consles first....

PC always wins on longevity, this series for one is a great example. Elite Dangerous (perhaps another, we will see), also Star Citizen. These and many others before and ahead will have years of playable enjoyment. That’s new play, not re-run.

Unlike most console fodder, which lasts a short while and disappears unless you want to re-run it.

I look forward to buying ED and SC (above), not yet, wait a little I think first. Also possibly Ground Branch (if they put in that 'editor'), when its available. Maybe even, WW2 Enemy Front maybe, haven't read up much on that yet.

I think PC is always better, its where ‘indie’ operates and that’s the best thing we have gaming wise, new ideas not bagged up, re-hashed rubbish.

PS. I thought they only had the 4*** series AMD in the Xbox or was it Sony, just something I read, not sure don't own either. If correct the 4*** is a little behind, don't you think..;)

Edit: just had another quick look at Enemy Front... perhaps not..:(

Edited by ChrisB

Unlike most console fodder, which lasts a short while and disappears unless you want to re-run it.

I'm not 100% sure but you can't even re-run them if you want to play older titles.I'm not up-to-date with console world but I read some time ago that with every new iteration of Xbox or PS your older titles are gone.You can't run them on your new hardware.So let's say you have 10-20 favourite titles on X360 and you want to replay them on your Xbone,well tough luck and pray that your X360 won't never die.

Meanwhile with a bit of tweaking I can play old gems like System Shock 2,Anachronox,Raven Shield,Rogue Spear,Swat3,Redline Gang Warfare 2066(best Mad Max style game driving+fps) and many more titles.

the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game’s visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.â€

OK, so you are telling me that a mod that unlocks additional graphic settings can cause performance issues, wich is kind of obvious if you don´t have the hardware to run it?

difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay,

I´m still having trouble translating this from PR Bullshit talk to something meaningfull....

All they do now is try to cover up that massive PR desaster that they got themselves into.

Ubisoft has once again shown, despite all their promises, that they don`t care about PC gamers at all....