Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Watch_Dogs

OK, so you are telling me that a mod that unlocks additional graphic settings can cause performance issues, wich is kind of obvious if you don´t have the hardware to run it?

I´m still having trouble translating this from PR Bullshit talk to something meaningfull....

All they do now is try to cover up that massive PR desaster that they got themselves into.

Ubisoft has once again shown, despite all their promises, that they don`t care about PC gamers at all....

What a load of crap.

They are trying to make out that using the mod might cause performance problems despite the fact that playing the vanilla game does cause performance problems :rolleyes:

I'll never buy anything from Ubish!t again (Small print: Unless they make an actual R6 remake/sequel with mission planning etc which we all know will never happen, so yeah, no more money for you Ubiscammers).

And isn´t the point of PC gaming to have Options? If those settings can make the game unstable then why on earth didn´t they just put them in an advanced Options menu? That fact tells me multiple things:

Ubisoft is lying.

Their PR department doesn´t know how PC gaming works.

Supposedly the Mod actually makes the game run better!

I heard yesterdays patch overwrites the functionality of the Mod though and it now runs even worse than before, but I´m not sure about that.

And isn´t the point of PC gaming to have Options? If those settings can make the game unstable then why on earth didn´t they just put them in an advanced Options menu? That fact tells me multiple things:

Ubisoft is lying.

Supposedly the Mod actually makes the game run better!

I heard yesterdays patch overwrites the functionality of the Mod though and it now runs even worse than before, but I´m not sure about that.

The stuttering is worse after the patch for me (and others).

Ubi stepped into another PR minefield here and instead of backing out slowly, they jumped forward (and diagonally it would seem).

Edited by BangTail

I'm not 100% sure but you can't even re-run them if you want to play older titles.I'm not up-to-date with console world but I read some time ago that with every new iteration of Xbox or PS your older titles are gone.You can't run them on your new hardware.So let's say you have 10-20 favourite titles on X360 and you want to replay them on your Xbone,well tough luck and pray that your X360 won't never die.

Meanwhile with a bit of tweaking I can play old gems like System Shock 2,Anachronox,Raven Shield,Rogue Spear,Swat3,Redline Gang Warfare 2066(best Mad Max style game driving+fps) and many more titles.

This is why I've been known to taunt "PC master race" at GameStop... :lol: And I know an employee whose selling point for Titanfall is it being her sole exception to "mouse supremacy" for why she plays shooters on PC.

As for Ubisoft and trolling PC gamers... I guess none of you have seen the time that Ghost Recon Online's producer outright said that it was made -- instead of a Future Soldier port (though this was of course retracted) -- because traditionally PC gamers played via The Pirate Bay...? Yeah, it happened.

Ubisoft is lying.

Considering their recent snafu with "no playable women in AC Unity or Far Cry 4 co-op", I wouldn't be surprised if the latter was the case ("how do I PR").
Never underestimate the power of 'creator's ego' to override what you would think would be a rational response.

* I am of the belief that a "burn the house down rather than let someone else build upon it" mindset is endemic in the video gaming industry.

The stuttering is worse after the patch for me (and others).

Same. I ran it at 1080p Ultra before the patch and it was smooth, FPS around mid 50s but stable, after the patch it's very unstable with constant FPS drops into the teens, I reverted to a pre-patch TheWorse mod. I'm also beta testing the other mod so will be interesting to see the difference :)

Game has its flaws, but the online mode is a bit addicting! Also, haven't had any issues with performance, despite having average hardware. Don't mind much playing at 30 fps, either, considering I run on Ultra.

Some of my online hacks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qnc_LRM_70

Edited by rakowozz

Trying out with that E3 unlocker mod and textures

Edited by Jeza