Sign in to follow this  
Zizoor

Cannot patch to BETA, "Wrong CD KEY"

Hello, gooday and some other stuff like that. Ive actually seen quite a few of these threads but none with an outcome. So here goes. Hopefully we can sort this out this time rather than have yet another thread started just to die.

In anycase; Heres the deal. My arma has (before) worked fine, dandy and all that. I have bought it (Arma 2, Arma 2: OA, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic) all on steam, with the copies of Arma 2: Reinforcements on a CD Copy. What I am currently trying to do is update my Arma 2: OA to the latest (stable) BETA patch namely; 103718

This is a series of pictures what happens as I attempt an installation.

6b6574120dc20ef28caaaaeab22f6c78.png

I press "Ja" (Yes) here and this pops up.

d17bbbd5e7e4ecbe2a28e3ad0125e0b0.png

I press ok and instantly a new window comes up, this one;

2dc10bfb8b3606b59acaec0994ca057b.png

I press yes again, and so it continues to update ACR.

4c458725860b13e904245546590a400a.png

Now the thing is that it doesn't do anything. It doesnt update to the version I need, no matter how I do it. No matter if I run it as Admin, Run steam as Admin, Do it through another updater (Six Updater, DayZ Commander for example), Close Steam and run it or anything. Ive tried to uninstall all of my armas and then reinstall. It just doesnt work.

Now there is another thing to this. As I bought the Arma 2 Reinforcements on disk I didnt have them on steam before. I saw the oppurtuinity to register them to steam and so I did (For the anniversary) and ever since that it has done me nothing but trouble. I cannot use the Reinforcements installation Utility stickied here on the forums as I no longer have a CD-Drive in my computer. Im uncertain if this is connected to the issue or not.

Note; The game runs fine when launched through steam, so theres no issues on that front. I just cannot update the latest BETA...

eb436fb69ae0f17def6576ab49be7e6d.png

a1f08f1b09ba797b1d87b257ce49a53b.png

As you can see in the image above I do not even have the Launch BETA exe, telling me theres something really wrong going on. And this is after installing it on steam, just to be safe.

In conclusion; I'm out of ideas. I seriously do not know what's going on and I really really hope you guys can help me out here.

I can't say anything about the cd-key error but isn't the 103718 version really old? Mine is 116523.

If you launch the beta from Steam, what version is it?

I can't say anything about the cd-key error but isn't the 103718 version really old? Mine is 116523.

If you launch the beta from Steam, what version is it?

116532. And yes, it is a bit old. But it is the version required for a specific server. I've unistalled and reinstalled the game a couple of times allready and im uncertain if I can even go back to the version I need. It seems as if it reinstalls at a newer version than the one required. However according to this http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php its not a super old version, either.

UPDATE!:

92fbe9eeb4251a6b5e4c072879d0c85a.png

According to BETA patchnotes (after fiddling around with steams beta installation, the patch and some other stuff) I have currently, I am on the correct version.

However now I get another error trying to launch it, prehaps a more dooming error. Namely this;

413438a3b262585480333f342de28df2.png

Thoughts?

This here is my current BETA folder.

4a2ed40a2aeb88da476a63e769931a14.png

I agree this is rather small as it should look like this;

bea7e71c8d1d12293c93a14471ceb8bb.png

Edited by Zizoor

Just reinstalled Arma 2 again, same errors. No progress. And when I say Arma 2 I mean everything related to it. So OA, ACR, BAF etc. Im running dry after now passing the 8 hour mark.

Have reinstalled it today again, will attempt a fresh Windows install. Will return with update.

Have reinstalled it today again, will attempt a fresh Windows install. Will return with update.

Started Commander today, couldn't find ARMA files. After redirecting it to the seam directory, it said wrong ARMA 2 version.

Updating it proved with that same error of wrong acr key: even though I dont own ACR.

Tried installing and uninstalling steam beta,

Tried downloading the required version needed to play Epoch. Still same error

Tried installing 1.62 Army of the Czech Republic Lite drivers, then updating in Commander. Still Same error

Tried updating in Play With Six, that doesnt work for another reason (play with six is broken on my system, cant download anything through it)

I think were going to have to let Bohemia and Steam sort it out as it sounds like a new issue thats effected lots of people.

EDIT: Just looking through the steam forums, seems like lots of people have been effected for sure. No answers though.

Okay. I just reinstalled Windows. Yes I went that far. Doesnt work.

Bohemia Interactive. Fix this please.

I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 from 8. Still the same issue. Tried reinstalling ARMA II, ARMA II, BAF, PMC. Still asking me for a correct ACR which I do not own. FFS BOHEMIA!!!

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Okay, aparently this all because Gamespy is shutting down. Thats why ARMA 2 at 1.63. Aparently for now we can't use DayZ commander.

THIS IS FROM THE DAYZ FORUM;

Newest DayZ Mod patch was delivered with 1.63.112555, which is compatible with the Steam-Version of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta.

From now on you can just use the Steam Version of the Beta, which is recommended, as GameSpy is shutting down tomorrow. From this point onwards the Steam-Server-Browser will be necessary, which the Beta patch is needed for.

If you're trying to run older versions (which is not recommended, as GameSpy shut down) do the following steps when using the Steam Version:

Install ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta on Steam

Rightclick ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta in Steam

Go to "Properties"

Select "Betas"

From the Dropdown-Menu select "beta108074-" (this is compatible with 1.62.103718)

Done.

If you now want to switch back, just follow the same procedure and instead select "beta112555-" from the dropdownmenu.

I have bought it (Arma 2, Arma 2: OA, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic) all on steam, with the copies of Arma 2: Reinforcements on a CD Copy. What I am currently trying to do is update my Arma 2: ????