vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

8 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

can someone tell me how CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler is working on dedicated or headless clients?

I don't understand what you mean.. Same as everywhere else?

8 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

If the delay is set to 0 how the frame is calculated for dedi and headless?

Calculated? What calculated? It's a onEachFrame handler. What is there to calculate?

I actually ask for the definition of the frame from CBA point of view. 

I just found by ACE page (https://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/arma-3-scheduler-and-our-practices.html) a definition which is more about the graphics frame. So the frame which CBA event handler is talking about is the graphic frame or a network package from network aspect?

What is the simulation frame actually?

ADDED: AK, SVD and AK+SVD side rails for JR (#1017) robalo

this means that we can add some accessories to the stock ak 47/aks74U in game?

I want to set up a server whitelist to prevent the server settings from being tampered with. How can I change the whitelist?

On 5.1.2019 at 9:44 AM, Devastator_cm said:

I actually ask for the definition of the frame from CBA point of view.

It's a EachFrame handler.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onEachFrame

CBA doesn't change anything on that.

It's the frame that diag_fps gives you the framerate of, or diag_frameNo the number of the frame.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dedmen but one last question I have now. In BI Wiki it states

Only one onEachFrame loop can exist at any time

So does that mean, if I use CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler in my mod more than once for different functionalities it will not work or CBA function somehow handling it properly so that multiple CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler which should run in each frame runs without a problem?

21 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Thanks Dedmen but one last question I have now. In BI Wiki it states

So does that mean, if I use CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler in my mod more than once for different functionalities it will not work or CBA function somehow handling it properly so that multiple CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler which should run in each frame runs without a problem?

No. CBA uses the EachFrame eventhandler not onEachFrame (noone should ever be using onEachFrame) I just linked that because that's easier to understand.

You can have as many of them as you want. Also CBA takes care of all that with it's own handling code.

• Like 1

STEAM updated to the latest CBA v3.9.1.  Sorry for the New Year delays everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Since this update "STEAM updated to the latest CBA v3.9.1" despite updating the key on our Dedicated server & deleting previous older one, we are getting @CBA Miss-match?

All players when starting a mission on the server get the message that says @CBA server version is " :3.9.0.181012,Level:4) "

We even checked the scripting in the keys of the update & the new key on server & it is the same Somethings wrong somewhere, & we are not the only one with CBA update problems yes?
Maybe its a Dedicated server problem? The name of the key players have (auto Steam update) & the one uploaded to the Dedicated server is    "cba_3.9.1.181229"

On 16.1.2019 at 6:20 PM, jgaz-uk said:

despite updating the key on our Dedicated server & deleting previous older one, we are getting @CBA Miss-match?

Version mismatch is not related to keys. It's the version number inside the pbo's.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Since this update "STEAM updated to the latest CBA v3.9.1" despite updating the key on our Dedicated server & deleting previous older one, we are getting @CBA Miss-match?

All players when starting a mission on the server get the message that says @CBA server version is " :3.9.0.181012,Level:4) "

We even checked the scripting in the keys of the update & the new key on server & it is the same Somethings wrong somewhere, & we are not the only one with CBA update problems yes?
Maybe its a Dedicated server problem? The name of the key players have (auto Steam update) & the one uploaded to the Dedicated server is    "cba_3.9.1.181229"

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Version mismatch is not related to keys. It's the version number inside the pbo's.

I'm working (unsuccessfully) with J-Gaz on this. Hmmm we updated through STEAM and used the newest files for our server. Not sure why it would find a version mismatch.

Considering what you said about the version, Dedmen, all of our pbo files look normal, but the bisigns look like this:  cba_accessory.pbo.cba_3.9.1.181229-cc913854.bisign

What is the -cc913854 part referencing? Could that be why we're getting a version mismatch? Also what is the Level:4 that is part of the error message we are getting?

Thanks

It would seem looking at the @CBASteam addon comments there are a number of people other than ourselves  with the "files that aren't accepted by a current key." problem.

At least we can still game on our server, but with the CBA missmatch a lot of weird things are going on.

1 hour ago, zapperguy said:

What is the -cc913854 part referencing?

The git commit hash of that build.

Could that be why we're getting a version mismatch?

Could what be? The commit hash in the bisign? Didn't I already say that version missmatch is in the pbo, not inside the keys?

Also what is the Level:4 that is part of the error message we are getting?

The level of how exactly the version number must match.
on level 4. All 4 parts of the version number must match. On level 3 only the first 3 must match.

49 minutes ago, jgaz-uk said:

with the "files that aren't accepted by a current key." problem.

That's a different problem. Mostly people that don't know how to use bikeys properly.

The CBA pbo's on your server just don't match the ones that your clients have installed. Just push the correct pbo's to the server and be done with it.

5 hours ago, Dedmen said:

The CBA pbo's on your server just don't match the ones that your clients have installed. Just push the correct pbo's to the server and be done with it.

Thanks for your reply. Today I downloaded the latest official version from Github, deleted the whole CBA folder and it's key from the server, and replaced it with the one I just got. We are still getting the same Level4 version mismatch error saying we have the current version, and the server has the one from last fall. Is there somewhere our server could be caching an old version? We've used CBA for years and never run into this. Really stumped.

We, that's Zapper, myself, & others started a vanilla version of Arma 3 with just @CBA running as an addon & no others,, started a vanilla mission (obviously), & we all got the "@CBA server version is " :3.9.0.181012,Level:4) " message yet again.

In some folder on server side you have old CBA version [LOL] :drinking:

49 minutes ago, Horus said:

In some folder on server side you have old CBA version [LOL] :drinking:

You were indeed correct. The third person with access to our server (and curiously enough, the only one not trying to fix it) managed to put all of the old CBA files into the @isladuala folder, even the optionals were there. SMH.

Thank you guys for your prompt replies and assistance sorting this.

:thanx:

Apologies  :down:  Our bad!    Zap found some extra CBA keys in our isladula addon folder God knows how they got in there? We are all good thanks for your time.

• Haha 1

On 19.1.2019 at 11:58 AM, jgaz-uk said:

Zap found some extra CBA keys in our isladula addon folder God knows how they got in there?

Just so no one get's confused by this. keys (bikey/bisign) have NOTHING AT ALL to do with the version missmatch message.

Not like I already said that twice and you still didn't get it...

• Like 1

Ahhhh the Forum is trolling me. i could get out of the nametag sry for the Spam.

What i wanted to write is that if CBA is enabled you can load a 100rnd mag in to a MX/M/C what shouldnt be possible and is not when using plain vanilla Arma

CBA v3.10 Released

CBA v3.10.0 adds a multitude of optimizations that will speed up the loading times of missions, especially when using script heavy mods like ACE3.
The Eden Editor and Zeus Inventory menus will no longer freeze the game when opened for the first time when big content mods like CUP or RHS are used.

There is a new button to hide the base game missions from the mission browser.
A new function CBA_fnc_notify is introduced that allows scripters to show ACE style notifications. Players can change the positions of these notifications in the Layout Editor.
Non MX-SW variants of the MX can no longer use 100 round magazines. This was mistakenly changed from the base game when introducing the magazine wells (JAM).

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Some Japanese translations (#1088) classicarma
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_notify (Port of ACE style hint notifications) (#1036) commy2
  • ADDED: Optional argument for default of hash created by CBA_fnc_serializeNamespace (#1044) xetra11
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_selectRandomArray (#1049) neilzar
  • ADDED: keepAspectRatio parameter to Layout Editor (#1059) commy2
  • ADDED: P90, UMP40/45/9 & Beretta M9 magwells (#1061, #1091) 3Mydlo3 PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Button to hide stock missions in the CREATE GAME menu (#1066, #1086) commy2
  • ADDED: Event for confirming changes in Layout Editor ( #1070, #1075) commy2
  • ADDED: JAM magwells for SMAW and MAAWS launchers (#1071, #1072) Dahlgren
  • ADDED: More JAM magwells (#1076, #1078) Drofseh
  • ADDED: Script names to some functions for debugging (#1079) PabstMirror
  • CHANGED: Maps are sorted alphabetically in CREATE GAME menu (#1045, #1067) commy2
  • CHANGED: 100rnd mags no longer added to non MX SW variants (#1050, #1058) TheMasterofBlubb
  • CHANGED: Shortened some functions configs (#1068) PabstMirror
  • CHANGED: Refactored help component (#1073, #1094, #1095) commy2
  • CHANGED: Updated DIK Codes header file paths (#1090) jonpas
  • FIXED: Potential race condition breaking CBA_missionTime in multiplayer (#1047) commy2
  • FIXED: IS_ADMIN and IS_ADMIN_LOGGED not usable in strings and config (#1048, #1074) commy2
  • FIXED: cba_main component loaded after cba_jam (#1062) commy2
  • FIXED: Game crash when using cba_settings_fnc_set with out of bounds priority (#1092) commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_getMuzzles function header (#1093) Dystopian
  • OPTIMIZED: Forced unit addon activation (#1051, #1081) dedmen
  • OPTIMIZED: Addon XEH preInit and postInit cached at game start (#1052, #1055, #1056) dedmen
  • OPTIMIZED: XEH incompatible classes cached at game start (#1053, #1057) dedmen PabstMirror
  • OPTIMIZED: FlexiMenu functions cached at game start (#1054, #1064, #1083, #1087) dedmen
  • OPTIMIZED: Removed unused local variable from CBA_fnc_isTurnedOut (#1014, #1060) commy2
  • OPTIMIZED: Removed BI function headers from release build (#1065) PabstMirror
  • OPTIMIZED: Skip checking turret path if not in vehicle (#1080) PabstMirror
  • OPTIMIZED: Eden and Zeus item lists are preloaded and optimized (#1084) commy2

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Invisible Targets are visible on the map and have nametags when those settings are enabled in the difficulty options.
  • Invisible Targets are not engaged by AI when they're placed inside another object's geometry. They have to be placed on an object's surface.

Change log for CBA v3.10.0

DOCUMENTATION:

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Can I get some help with this problem I have here? Or do I need to be somewhere else?

My problem is when I use in-game modules/tablets/GPS from mods that utilise CBA for functionality, such as, Drongos Air Support, CH View distance, Ctab Bluefor tracker, as soon as i dedicate a key to the module, no matter what key i choose, the plane goes into what i can only describe as autopilot, it puts the flaps down full and follows the terrain at 100m height. 

Please I am going crazy here been trying to figure this out for a month and my head is burnt!

I have disabled all keys and joysticks, remapped everything thrice. 

Please help me.

4 hours ago, Hwithyll said:

My problem is when I use in-game modules/tablets/GPS from mods that utilise CBA for functionality, such as, Drongos Air Support, CH View distance, Ctab Bluefor tracker, as soon as i dedicate a key to the module, no matter what key i choose, the plane goes into what i can only describe as autopilot, it puts the flaps down full and follows the terrain at 100m height. 

Please help me.

You should test in Vanilla, then Vanilla + CBA, then mods, one by one. Some "air related" like Drongos Air support (not saying it's the culprit) could have some code overriding your binding or more exactly the behavior of your aircraft. If you failed to fix that with mapping and remapping, that means you're on the wrong way. One of your mod is just not compatible with your tablets (or the contrary). I have to make a choice or join the author(s) of the tablet or "air" mod.

You should test in Vanilla

This is exactly what I have tried however I do not think vanilla has a tablet or display that i am able to call up. I have tried the GPS and it works normally.