vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Ok, solved it. Answer was that requiredAddons needs to have cba_settings defined. The UI errors are because of the way I have RscText, etc defined within the mod. Now have to figure out how to inherit RscText, etc instead, whichever for whatever reason has never worked the way I'd expect it to based on other inheritances in Arma. But that's nothing related to CBA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, before I start with harsh critisizm, which I may have already rushed a bit in other post, can someone tell me is there a way to disable text  which points to "CBA blah blah" at the bottom center and bottom right of the ingame menu screens?
Without modifying the mod. As it is said I shall not have reason to do that.

7 hours ago, Malcain said:

way to disable text  which points to "CBA blah blah" at the bottom center and bottom right

The version info? Remove CBA_help.pbo

30 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

The version info? Remove CBA_help.pbo

yeah that annoying stuff there.
Removing that pbo helps but cba_main would throw an error every time you start a game as it "cannot find CBA_help". 
Removing dependancy from cba_main config breaks the mod making it unable to find script_mod.hpp which is still there untouched. O.o

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Malcain said:

Removing dependancy from cba_main config breaks the mod making it unable to find script_mod.hpp

Just means you didn't properly pack the mod again. You probably removed the pboprefix.

35 minutes ago, Malcain said:

yeah that annoying stuff there.

Annoying? I hardly notice that

58 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Just means you didn't properly pack the mod again. You probably removed the pboprefix.

Simply unpacking it and packing it back, without any changes to the files, will throw an error. using pbo manager.

Using other tool aka eliteness, creating pbo: "cba_main: 'Permission denied' "
Is that some kind of obfuscation?

• Haha 2

CBA v3.9.0 Released

CBA v3.9 adds the first pass of Joint Ammo and Magazines, including CBA_fnc_compatibleMagazines, a high performance, magazine well compatible function that reports the loadable magazines of a weapon.

Server passwords will be remembered by the game and automatically entered when revisiting a server (there is a setting to disable this). The mission browser now has a search bar. The update adds French, Polish, German and Turkish translations. There are also some QOL changes for the settings and keybinding menus.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY: Github Link

• ADDED: Joint Ammo and Magazines (#108, #928, #990, #991, #994, #995, #997) robalo dedmen Drofseh
  • ADDED: French translations (#968, #970, #1001) NorXAengell alganthe
  • ADDED: Polish translations (#983, #987) veteran29
  • ADDED: German translations (#979, #980, #981, #988) commy2
  • ADDED: Turkish translations (#1002) 654wak654
  • ADDED: Some tooltips for settings menu (#960, #961) commy2
  • ADDED: Subcategories for keybinding menu (#962, #966, #971, #972) GuzzenVonLidl commy2 mharis001
  • ADDED: Automatically localize subcategories in setting menu (#1003) mharis001
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_compatibleMagazines that supports mag wells (#965) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Time setting type (#967) mharis001
  • ADDED: Server browser will remember entered passwords for every server (#973) commy2
  • ADDED: Search bar in mission browser (#974) commy2
  • ADDED: Optional component to remove stock missions (#975) commy2
  • ADDED: Addon Options button in main menu (#976) commy2
  • ADDED: Camera player event handler ported from ACE3 (#982) jonpas
  • IMPROVED: Increased Layout Editor control limit from 22 to 100 (#958) mharis001
  • IMPROVED: Increased string length limit of edit box type settings (#959) jokoho48
  • IMPROVED: Slider speeds in settings menu (#963) mharis001
  • IMPROVED: Projectile Tracking optimzed by not tracking stationary objects (#985) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Changed settings won't save when using whitelist (#977, #978) neilzar
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_getVolume not calculating volume correctly (#984) Wakbub
  • REMOVED: Rogue BOM characters from stringtables (#1000) veteran29

Change log for CBA v3.9.0

DOCUMENTATION:

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

After updating to 3.9.0.181012

i get this error.

cba.jpg

This might not be a CBA issue, but post 1.86 update I've been getting signature mismatch with my own or any other server that runs CBA_A3.  I even signed the addon with my own key and added it in, but it seems the files in the keys directory are ignored.  The only other addon I can see that is affected is ALiVE or JSRS soundmod.

15 hours ago, loopdk said:

i get this error.

Doesn't look like CBA issue. preInit hasn't been called and that variable isn't initialized.

4 hours ago, TuggerTheTugboat said:

This might not be a CBA issue

Correct. It's not. 1.86 is broken.

So what to do... 

Just wait for next hotfix of arma? 

1 hour ago, loopdk said:

Just wait for next hotfix of arma?

Not really arma's fault either. This has been the case since 3DEN was introduced.

Some mod is calling a CBA function too soon.

Either that mod neither has CBA in their required addons nor is it using the CBA preInit XEH.

or that mod is using a eventhandler that just fires before preInit.

• Thanks 1

Help! Cba is not working, it used to work before i installed CUP terrains and maps, I've tried everything. I've uninstalled all the mods, uninstalled CBA, and reinstalled ARMA 3. It just shows "cba_common requires addon a3_3den" and crashes, I'm using the arma 3 launcher to enable mods, i downloaded cba from armaholic. Please help, the game works fine without CBA

4 hours ago, Mohsin666 said:

It just shows "cba_common requires addon a3_3den" and crashes

A3_3DEN is part of the game. Can't be missing if you installed Arma 3 correctly.

If anyone is still having an issue, I found a sort of fix: I started a new server.cfg with only hostname and mission name, I think verifysignatures = 1 was causing most of the problem.

10 hours ago, TuggerTheTugboat said:

I think verifysignatures = 1 was causing most of the problem.

verifySignatures=1 has been deprecated since 2011 in Arma 2... Why the hell did you even try to use that?

10 hours ago, TuggerTheTugboat said:

If anyone is still having an issue

As I told you, it was a bug in the Arma update, it has been fixed with the 1.88 hotfix.

On 9.12.2018 at 6:44 PM, Devastator_cm said:

wiki says something else about that parameter

What? No, it says exactly what I wrote.

From Arma 3 use only level 2 (level 1 is deprecated and defaults to 2)

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

What? No, it says exactly what I wrote.

ah ok. I thought you mean in general the parameter verifySignatures is deprecated. You meant only the level 1 is deprecated. So 2 and 0 is still possible to use still right?

• Thanks 1

I can not select GBUs, CBU, BL7s, but anything else I can use. It happens only when CBA is in use by another add on. Does someone have a fix or can help me?

CBA v3.9.1 Released

CBA v3.9.1 adds Turkish translations and updates Joint Rails and Joint Ammo Magazines for the Arma patch v1.86. Invisible Targets for the AI are added to the editor. The update also contains minor bug fixes and code improvements.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY: Github Link

• ADDED: Complete Turkish translations (#1006) 654wak654
  • ADDED: More JAM magwells (#1007, #1009, #1010, #1019, #1020, #1029) robalo Drofseh xrufix Kllrt
  • ADDED: AK, SVD and AK+SVD side rails for JR (#1017) robalo
  • ADDED: Updated JR for Arma v1.86 (#1023) robalo
  • ADDED: Invisible Targets to editor (#1011, #1012) Tinter
  • ADDED: PREP() macro documentation (#1021, #1022) Bummeri commy2
  • CHANGED: Automatically translate sub-categories in settings menu (#1003) mharis001
  • CHANGED: Increased pool of available PerFrameHandler ids (#1018) commy2
  • CHANGED: CBA_fnc_findMax reports last index in case of duplicates instead of first (#1025) commy2
  • CHANGED: Duplicates are deleted from Extended Debug Console history (#1031) Dystopian
  • FIXED: visionMode player event broken while operating UAV's (#1004, #1005) Tommo-S commy2
  • FIXED: A duplicate stringtable entry for JAM (#1008) Katalam
  • FIXED: AI mounts locked static weapons when given taskDefend (#1013, #1016) Neciota Cuel
  • FIXED: UI bug when confirming changes in the settings menu (#1027, #1028) taro8 commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_getConfigEntry doesn't recognize NUMBER type expressions (#1039) commy2
  • FIXED: Joint Ammo Magzines component missing pboprefix (#1040) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_compatibleMagazines falsely reporting inherited magazines (#1042) commy2

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Invisible Targets are visible on the map and have nametags when those settings are enabled in the difficulty options.
  • Invisible Targets are not engaged by AI when they're placed inside another object's geometry. They have to be placed on an object's surface.

Change log for CBA v3.9.1

DOCUMENTATION:

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

STEAM WORKSHOP update of v3.9.1 is not expected until after the new year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

can someone tell me how CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler is working on dedicated or headless clients?
If the delay is set to 0 how the frame is calculated for dedi and headless?