vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Hi guys,

with the new multiple keybinds support, it is possible to add multiple keybinds via the UI but is it possible to register them directly in the code ? Something like :

["modName", "actionId", "displayName", {[] call Z_fnc_function}, {}, [[DIK_1, DIK_RALT + DIK_1], [false, false, false]], false] call cba_fnc_addKeybind;

thanks

I just installed CBA_A3 v3.4.0.170627 (from Github) and now all my key bindings that include Shift or Ctrl have stopped working. I double checked with all addons disabled - vanilla Arma 3 works fine but if I enable the latest CBA release (with no other addon), all those keybindings stop working. For example, I use "Right Shift + / [NUM]" to map "Weapons -> Optics Mode" and this used to work with all earlier CBA releases but stopped now. I could remap one or two keys but I have upwards of 20 keys that use Shift or Ctrl and I also use the same keybindings in Arma 1 / 2 so I'd have to redo it all over several times. It'd also be very inconvenient to relearn all those keys after so many years.

Is there a way to disable keybinding support in CBA? I don't think I have any custom addon keys bound (I didn't ever set one up for sure), only keys defined by the game. This problem is a massive issue for me, many of my keys have Shift or Ctrl (for years, going back to Flashpoint) and the latest CBA makes the game unplayable for me. Since most of my other addons rely on CBA, I can now only play the vanilla game.

I have the latest release version of the game from Steam (not the dev version) with all the available DLC-s installed, on Windows 10.

Edit: After further testing, I see the same behavior with CBA 3.3.1 (I haven't used this version before). I also noticed that not all key combinations using Ctrl are broken - several work but several don't; I don't know what may differentiate between them. "RightCtrl+/ [Num]" doesn't work but "LeftCtrl + 8 [Num]" (for adjusting combat stance up) does. I'll try a few more older versions of CBA to see if I can play the game with all addons until this gets sorted out.

Edit 2: rolling back to CBA 3.1.2 works.

> have any custom addon keys bound (I didn't ever set one up for sure), only keys defined by the game. 

You probably have some mod keybinding that is set to overwrite the input bound to Shift/Control. Issues should be reported on the tracker. With RPT and all that. No one knows which other mods you're even using.

Hey guys, i have a problem here

When i open cba mod there's show text could not find initDisplay.sqf

Issues should be reported on the issue tracker.

10 hours ago, commy2 said:

> have any custom addon keys bound (I didn't ever set one up for sure), only keys defined by the game. 

You probably have some mod keybinding that is set to overwrite the input bound to Shift/Control. Issues should be reported on the tracker. With RPT and all that. No one knows which other mods you're even using.

I think my post was pretty clear that NO other non-BIS addon was used. CBA 3.3.1 breaks key bindings and CBA 3.1.2 works. I do not have custom addon keybindings - I'm pretty sure I said that, too.

>I think my post was pretty clear that NO other non-BIS addon was used.
No it's not.

>CBA 3.3.1 breaks key bindings and CBA 3.1.2 works.

But can anyone confirm this?

> I do not have custom addon keybindings

Everyone has, because there are some that are part of CBA (Joint Rails)

Issues should be reported on the issue tracker. I will not respond to further posts from you here about this issue. There is a reason why there is a template to fill out. Without needed information, no help can be provided.

• Like 1

I don't know if this was asked before and nether could I find any answers, will CBA ever going to add support or recognition for flight sticks or steering wheels? For example I want to bind "speed limiter" to "x" on my steering wheel but it doesn't let me, and is there any other way to get that to work? Thanks in advance!

I use freepie for mapping MOD's keys to my flight stick's key. For exaple TFARs long range radio comm I bind via freepie. You need to write a smalls script in freepie though

14 hours ago, Sgt.Makarov said:

I don't know if this was asked before and nether could I find any answers, will CBA ever going to add support or recognition for flight sticks or steering wheels? For example I want to bind "speed limiter" to "x" on my steering wheel but it doesn't let me, and is there any other way to get that to work? Thanks in advance!

There is no way to detect input from controllers. BI would have to provide API for that first. The only other way would be a DLL extension. I'm not sure that that is desirable for CBA considering the problems with Battle Eye etc.

• Like 2

Suggestion: add support for any button+button combinations (not only shft+|_|, ctrl+|_|, alt+|_|)

Hi guys, I've a problem, when I start a3 I get error messages:
No entry 'bin / config.bin / cfgWeapons.optic_holosight
n'
Cannot open object cba_namespacedummy

Could you help me to tell me why it gives me error? I have also the CUp weapons and it give me error 'bad version 73'

You need the latest version of the game. A cracked version is not supported. Please buy the game.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TheJenrixcscn said:

Hi guys, I've a problem, when I start a3 I get error messages:
No entry 'bin / config.bin / cfgWeapons.optic_holosight
n'
Cannot open object cba_namespacedummy

Could you help me to tell me why it gives me error? I have also the CUp weapons and it give me error 'bad version 73'

Busted....

• Like 1

Quick CBA Setting / Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers related question over here.  Thought I’d quickly ask here, as you guys probably know if anyone does.

hey the new ARMA 3 update just got released. can we get a ETA on when your team will update the mod so we can continue playing mods that are dependent on it, as well as servers that run it?

11 minutes ago, Arbiter Thel said:

hey the new ARMA 3 update just got released. can we get a ETA on when your team will update the mod so we can continue playing mods that are dependent on it, as well as servers that run it?

Current CBA works just fine (with some development related bugs that you won't notice when playing).

• Like 1

I am updated to 176 and also have the newest CBA. just started getting errors on my mission port project (where I'm sure of many many places to have errors) but I thought I would start here since xeh shows quite often in my rpt.

I'd like to ask if anyone might have a suggestion.

My rpt. report

Thanks for helping

I can confirm that the errors thrown are from MCC. Posted it on their forum. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Any idea how would I assign "ctrl+alt" as a keybind? .. I used to have it for ACE door opening, but now nothing happens when I press it on the key-assignment screen. Is there some profile variable I can put the keycodes in? Thanks.

CBA v3.4.1 Released

This update adds the CBA_MiscItem base class that can be used for generic items that should appear as generic items in the Virtual Arsenal. It furthermore contains adjustments for various changes in the 1.76 update, Chinese translations and bug fixes.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Chinese localization (#727) GodofMonkeys
  • ADDED: A warning if the default keybind is out of bounds (#716) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Settings component PBOPREFIX file (#723) Dystopian
  • ADDED: Keep contents/attachments support for CBA_fnc_removeXCargo functions (#726) jonpas
  • ADDED: CONFIG type as param in CBA_fnc_getTurret (#729) Dystopian
  • ADDED: XEH compatibility for v1.76 classes (#734) commy2
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_removeGlobalEventJIP (#741) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: CBA_MiscItem and CBA_MiscItem_ItemInfo base classes for generic items visible in the Virtual Arsenal (#744) PabstMirror
  • CHANGED: Adjustments for v1.76 debug console (#735, #737) commy2
  • CHANGED: Updated Joint Rails for v1.76 (#740) robalo
  • FIXED: XEH initPost sometimes runs twice (#567, #736) SilentSpike, PabstMirror
  • FIXED: XEH stops working on respawned vehicles (#731, #733) commy2
  • FIXED: A bug in deprecated CBA_fnc_getArea (#710) fishykins
  • FIXED: Lobby group names reset during loading screen (#718, #728) chris579, commy2
  • FIXED: Invalid result for CBA_fnc_getNearest (#719, #720) nilsms
  • FIXED: Weapon accessory switching issue with inheritance (#722) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Non-existing weapon parents in CBA_fnc_removeXCargo (#725, #726, #746) Entih, jonpas
  • FIXED: Slow loading settings menu (#739, #742) SilentSpike
  • FIXED: Debug console disabled in SP Virtual Arsenal mission after v1.76 update (#743) commy2
  • REMOVED: Superfluous private in player events (#711) jokoho48

Change log for CBA v3.4.1

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 14

We have a mission with over a 1000 objects and units, devided over the map. maybe 2000

It runs fine.

however on Eden editor load it gives an eventhandler error.

Ill post the exact error asap.