vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

CBA v3.4.0 Released

*** WARNING  ***

With this release version...

ALL CUSTOM ADDON KEYBINDS WILL BE RESET TO DEFAULT IN ORDER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE LONG AWAITED

MOUSE and MULTI KEYBIND SUPPORT FEATURES.

This version improves the keybinding system and adds support for multiple keybinds per action as well as the ability to bind mouse buttons. The debug console can be expanded to watch expressions and variables on any connected machine. There is now the possibility to name groups in the lobby.

Your old keybindings will not carry over to this new version, because of the changed save format. You will have to rebind all addon keybindings.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Ability to bind mouse buttons (#83, #638, #651, #652) commy2
  • ADDED: Music functionality (#598, #672) fishykins
  • ADDED: Debug Console Watch fields for remote machines (#658, #659, #664) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Ability to name groups in the lobby (#667) commy2
  • ADDED: player events for group and leader changes (#703) jokoho48
  • IMPROVED: Keybinding component (#249, #647, #653, #654, #656, #657, #673, #674, #677, #678, #679, #680, #688, #692, #694, #701) commy2, PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_directCall (#665, #689, #690) commy2, PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: Performance of CBA_fnc_players (#668) SilentSpike
  • IMPROVED: Updated Joint Rails for 1.70 (#669, #698) robalo
  • IMPROVED: Statemachine component (#671, #675, #676) PabstMirror, Dorbedo
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_removeWeaponCargo can be used with to remove just the weapon from a container, not the attachments (#706, #707) jonpas
  • FIXED: Wrong file when loading settings from userconfig (#666) jonpas
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_taskPatrol with 2D Position (#670) commy2
  • FIXED: XEH preInit has to re-run in 1.70 when changing the mission (#684, #685) PabstMirror
  • REMOVED: An unused file. (#683) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.4

KNOWN ISSUES:

• No known issues at this time.

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 9

hi, thanks for the update, steam just downloaded it. I went to put it on my server and noticed that half of the files are not signed. edit, i just downloaded the github zip.. seems to have everything in order... steam version seems to be mission optionals folder and cba_jr_prep. as well as the keys for many of the files... just so you know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lordprimate said:

hi, thanks for the update, steam just downloaded it. I went to put it on my server and noticed that half of the files are not signed. edit, i just downloaded the github zip.. seems to have everything in order... steam version seems to be mission optionals folder and cba_jr_prep. as well as the keys for many of the files... just so you know.

Strange. Investigating. Thanks.

I have just refreshed the STEAM files. They look good now.

Please confirm on your end.

Hey, after the latest update I am unable to use combinations of Left/Right Control and Left/Right shift, I don't mean Lcontrol + Lshift + Q, but something I actually used like Rshift+Rcontrol (without anything after those keys) to check the wind in ace. I hope it is a bug so it gets fixed because that and many other similar key combos are stuck in me and will be hard to change up for something else. Thanks in advance :)

A lot of addon maker say - Control btn is very bugy-hardcoded in arma 3 engine. Better don`t use  this btn for custom addon keybind 

Hey Guys,

With cba enabled I can no longer connect to drones and most importantly tasks do not work. By do not work I mean that they are created but they cannot be completed!!!

Please fix this issue as soon as possible because other addons have cba as a requirement and this cba issue is of major concern.

Best Regards

And I am not the only one having such issues. Online gaming friends have got the same ones.

What tasks?  Are you using a particular mission that generates tasks?

I updated our dedicated server and everyone updated via Steam.  We had no issues (ACE and ALiVE are primary mods).

1 hour ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Hey Guys,

With cba enabled I can no longer connect to drones and most importantly tasks do not work. By do not work I mean that they are created but they cannot be completed!!!

Please fix this issue as soon as possible because other addons have cba as a requirement and this cba issue is of major concern.

Best Regards

And I am not the only one having such issues. Online gaming friends have got the same ones.

I don't understand posts like this. It would be so easy to make a sample mission with CBA only, with a drone and a task and post it here to be looked at. Why does somebody else have to do the work for you? People are busy and do this for free.

Make a sample mission and a proper bug report. You can get this all done in like 10 minutes and maybe even have your problem fixed. Everybody wins that way.

• Like 7

What tasks?  Are you using a particular mission that generates tasks?

I updated our dedicated server and everyone updated via Steam.  We had no issues (ACE and ALiVE are primary mods).

Tasks in some of our own missions and tasks in general. I went to the editor and placed some simple module tasks. Played the mission and the tasks were created but could not be completed. I disabled cba, restarted the game and did the same thing. The tasks worked. The same happened with the UAVs.

I don't understand posts like this. It would be so easy to make a sample mission with CBA only, with a drone and a task and post it here to be looked at. Why does somebody else have to do the work for you? People are busy and do this for free.

Make a sample mission and a proper bug report. You can get this all done in like 10 minutes and maybe even have your problem fixed. Everybody wins that way.

It is not one mission that has this issue. Its every mission we created in the editor. I posted my report here because I believed this was a universal issue. Other mods we use are Advanced Repelling, Advanced Urban Reppeling and ASR AI3. They don't seem to have anything to do with the situation.

3 hours ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

They don't seem to have anything to do with the situation.

Do you know exactly how those other mods work? Otherwise I wouldn't say that if I were you. ;)

Make an almost empty test mission that can be quickly loaded with only CBA and post it on the GitHub Issue Tracker, then someone will take a look (if you can indeed reproduce it like that).

4 hours ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Tasks in some of our own missions and tasks in general. I went to the editor and placed some simple module tasks. Played the mission and the tasks were created but could not be completed. I disabled cba, restarted the game and did the same thing. The tasks worked. The same happened with the UAVs.

It is not one mission that has this issue. Its every mission we created in the editor. I posted my report here because I believed this was a universal issue. Other mods we use are Advanced Repelling, Advanced Urban Reppeling and ASR AI3. They don't seem to have anything to do with the situation.

Most likely ASR AI causing it. Try disabling incognito in settings. Version 1.1.1 has it disabled by default.

• Like 4

Do you know exactly how those other mods work? Otherwise I wouldn't say that if I were you. ;)

Nope I don't  :whistle:

Make an almost empty test mission that can be quickly loaded with only CBA and post it on the GitHub Issue Tracker, then someone will take a look (if you can indeed reproduce it like that).

Of course I could reproduce it like that. Why would I post so otherwise?

Most likely ASR AI causing it. Try disabling incognito in settings. Version 1.1.1 has it disabled by default.

You were right!!!! It was the ASR AI mod. Incognito being disabled patched things up!!!!

Thanks EVERYONE :thumbs-up:

1 hour ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Of course I could reproduce it like that. Why would I post so otherwise?

You'd be surprised by how many reports are made without even thinking that. :D

Glad you got it resolved.

• Like 1

I apologize for this question as it is grey area between TFAR and CBA: 

In game ctrl+P (default TFAR radio interface multi Key function) works fine....  But macro'ed (bound multi key with 25 mili second delay) Ctrl+P is not working.... going straight to Score Board.  Is there a mili second setting that would work?  Is CBA now not compatible with macro'd multi key bindings? 

So I have some issues with getting the event handlers to work, and I also get this warning in my RPT log. 

WARNING: Usage of deprecated CBA_fnc_addLocalEventHandler

If I run my server locally the event handlers fires up, but if I run my server on my dedicated box the event handlers aren't running at all

["CAManBase", "Hit", {_this call test_fnc_handleHit;}] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;
test_fnc_handleHit only contains a simple hint function to see if it's working or not

Anyone got any ideas whats wrong with it?

@ Col. Ben Sherman

The warning has nothing to do with what you're doing. "Hit" either only runs on the shooters or the targets machine. Can't remember. Maybe you add it on the wrong machine or expect it to work on one that doesn't qualify the locality conditions.

lol @ helicopterenthusiast

Sure was CBA.

@ TSgt. Balzer 29th ID

"macro'd multi key binding" ??

Looks like CBA broken Incontinentia's Effects Mod and some other mod. I can't resume a mission or load in mission if both CBA and Effects Mod be enabled. In other case, save file disappear after player dead and exit mission. The Incontinentia's Effects Mod is worked well when alone. Can you check it?

• Like 1

No, but you could upload a RPT file that maybe gives an indication what went wrong.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nidhoggac said:

Looks like CBA broken Incontinentia's Effects Mod and some other mod. I can't resume a mission or load in mission if both CBA and Effects Mod be enabled. In other case, save file disappear after player dead and exit mission. The Incontinentia's Effects Mod is worked well when alone. Can you check it?

Sorry, this problem is about a optional pbo file of Incontinentia's Effects Mod and I fixed it now. CBA is fine,

Thank you for your answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nidhoggac said:

Sorry, this problem is about a optional pbo file of Incontinentia's Effects Mod and I fixed it now. CBA is fine,

Thank you for your answer.

Which optional file is this? Incognito?

1 hour ago, domokun said:

Which optional file is this? Incognito?

blastcoreCompat.PBO. I used Effects Mod with Blastcore Phoenix before, and follow the guide put that pbo into  addons folder. Later I disable Blastcore but forgot to remove that optional pbo file :face_palm: and make mission broken.

Also I enable "No logs" in launcher optional that doesn't show error massage ...... 

Now it is fine everything after remove that pbo file.

• Like 1