vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

If it says that the server is using a different version of whatever, then it probably is, even if you think you got it right. Check the servers RPT file. If you have no idea what to look for, upload it.

CBA v3.3.1 Released

Hotfix release addressing a crash when loading a savegame.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• FIXED: Maps with "Wooden Power Pole" objects crash when loaded from save (#661, #663) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.3.1

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 4

I've taken a look at the updated wiki and found

Instead of changing the settings using the ingame settings menu, the mission maker can export all settings using the export funtion (described below) and paste them into the optional cba_settings.sqf file in the missions main folder.

I just tried it and it seems to be either not yet implemented or not working. Or maybe I am doing something wrong (by just putting a cba_settings.sqf containing the exported settings into my mission.island\-folder)?

5 hours ago, vipermaul said:

CBA v3.3.1 Released

Hotfix release addressing a crash when loading a savegame.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• FIXED: Maps with "Wooden Power Pole" objects crash when loaded from save (#661, #663) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.3.1

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

Can anyone please confirm that this is working? Not at my pc for a few days.  Great work on a quick fix.  

9 minutes ago, deeks said:

Can anyone please confirm that this is working? Not at my pc for a few days.  Great work on a quick fix.  

Just tested it and savegames are working again for me. Thanks for fixing it so quickly. 

@belbo

It's supposed to work. Make sure to save the mission once, which triggers CBA to search for the file and mark your mission as one that contains the file. That should also be logged in the RPT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, commy2 said:

@belbo

It's supposed to work. Make sure to save the mission once, which triggers CBA to search for the file and mark your mission as one that contains the file. That should also be logged in the RPT.

Ah, so it does. Thanks! :)

Anyone having an issue with missions and CBA..I am running this one in the editor but no tasks are showing up like they did before the last update..I assume its a CBA issue with the error I am getting...can someone confirm this or possibly point me in the correct direction..

Error in expression <

params [
["_group",grpNull,[grpNull,objN>
15:05:43   Error position: <params [
["_group",grpNull,[grpNull,objN>
15:05:43   Error 2 elements provided, 3 expected
15:05:43 File \x\cba\addons\ai\fnc_taskPatrol.sqf [CBA_fnc_taskPatrol], line 1752

Diesel

31 minutes ago, commy2 said:

Is that your mission?

No its Battlezone I had from awhile back..I originally tried it with a Modset but no luck..then tried it totally vanilla and it works fine..then I tried it with just CBA running and it doesnt work..wont load the objectives at all..really strange deal.

That was just the error I got off the rpt.

I havent had any issues with other missions except this one so far.

Diesel

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread as I have been trying to find a problem solving one for CBA_a3.

There was a mismatch of CBA via Steam & Armaholic, so my dedicated server was suggesting he versions weren't correct.

I ensured Steam version client side was updated, then copied those files and placed onto the server, I am still getting a version mismatch and red dot on the server screen.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

You did't forget to copy the newest key file to replace the old one right?

Hi Devastor,

Both the Key on the server and client side are version 170504, I'm so confused why it's not working.

I'm currently wondering: Does the cba_settings.sqf (in missionfolder that is) support some kind of syntax to execute functions or scripts?

On 08/05/2017 at 4:59 PM, Lloyd Dawkins said:

Oi tudo,

Não tenho certeza de que este é o segmento certo como eu tenho tentado encontrar um problema resolver para CBA_a3.

Houve uma incompatibilidade de CBA via Steam & Armaholic, então o meu servidor dedicado estava sugerindo que ele não corre correções.

Eu tenho o mesmo lado do cliente, eu tenho o mesmo jeito de fazer o download de uma versão do servidor.

Qualquer ajuda seria muito apreciada!

Good Morning !

Friend was having issues with incompatibility of CBA and Ace versions.
Next, first error I found was that in document / mod there had @ CBA_A3 and in C: ProgramFiles / Steam / app ............ / Workshop also had @ CBA_A3
I did the following, delete the mod that was in documents and at the time of loading on the server I just loaded all the mods and their dependencies and lastly, see lastly I loaded cba_a3 and ace. So far everything is running normally. Sorry if everything is confusing to writing, but I'm Brazilian and I do not speak any English AHuAHUhAU

Good luck !

i just installed CBA_A3 on a new exile 1.0.3 and i keep getting these errors PublicVariable #0

22.05.2017 03:09:11: Keoki Momoa (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) 586bff09c5e255e0c665c8842081102c - #0 "CBAs" = ["ace_markers_sendMarkersJIP",[<NULL-object>]]
22.05.2017 03:16:27: Keoki Momoa (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) 586bff09c5e255e0c665c8842081102c - Value Restriction #0 "CBAs" = ["ace_markers_sendMarkersJIP",[<NULL-object>]]

but in my publicvariable.txt looks like this

//new
7 "" !="CBAs"

not sure whats going on.

UPCOMING CBA v3.4 Release expected next Tuesday June 27th

ALERT!

*** WARNING 

With the next version 3.4 of CBA...

ALL CUSTOM ADDON KEYBINDS WILL BE RESET TO DEFAULT IN ORDER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE LONG AWAITED

MOUSE and MULTI KEYBIND SUPPORT FEATURES.

*** WARNING!

For example, a significant many like to customize their ACRE or TFAR keybinds. These custom keys will no longer work the moment you launch Arma with this version of CBA until they reset them with this upcoming CBA.

The Good News
Mods should NOT be affected.
Players will enjoy the new Multi Keybind and Mouse support it adds.  

Notes to Modders who use CBA Keybind API

Spoiler

The goal was to improve on the keybinding without breaking existing mods.

Q: What API changes were made if any

A: Some changes but nothing that should cause you to have to update your mod.

CBA v3.4 RC2 AVAILABLE

If you want to test the upcoming v3.4 you can download it here and see for yourself.
http://bit.ly/2sNzzBA

There are lots of other good additions and improvements in this upcoming version.

Updated Release Notes for v3.4 RC2 are here:
https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues?q=milestone%3A3.4+is%3Aclosed

• Like 16

Awesome, I can finally unbind my Mouse 5 from O xD Finally yet another key I can use in Arma :3 
Thank you CBA Team!

• Like 3