vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

14 minutes ago, sahbazz said:

Whats happaning with CBA on Sync?

Synch what? If you're using Steam, ask Valve why it's so shit.

No, I am using Play with Sync, and the version that's availabble there is messed up. Noone can tel me what's happaning with CBA.

Thanks for the link, but I need the  PwS version fixed since I use the collection there for updating the server, and our teams Collection. :(

I understand @commy2. I'm just saying someone (from CBA) should fix it ASAP since it's an easy fix.

52 minutes ago, sahbazz said:

I understand @commy2. I'm just saying someone (from CBA) should fix it ASAP since it's an easy fix.

may i suggest not using pws? most groups transitioned away from it years ago

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sahbazz said:

No one from CBA can fix the PwS issue, whatever that issue might be. Please let the PwS team know that there's an issue, though. I'm sure they would like to help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naizarak said:

may i suggest not using pws? most groups transitioned away from it years ago

You may. ;)

42 minutes ago, killswitch said:

No one from CBA can fix the PwS issue, whatever that issue might be. Please let the PwS team know that there's an issue, though. I'm sure they would like to help.

Oh, thats the case? I tought they upload their own stuf up there.

On 11. 10. 2016 at 0:17 PM, sonsalt6 said:

Updated mod v3.1.0.160928 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hi, could you please reupload the CBA to PwS since it looks like the version on iz now has multiple keys and CBA versions included. See my screenshots below.
Thanks.

6 hours ago, sahbazz said:

Hi all.

Whats happaning with CBA on Sync?
This is how my CBA looks https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr0sdemojql7dcx/%40cba folder.png?dl=0 ,

my @cba/addons https://www.dropbox.com/s/45d1bd2iid5neyi/addons folder.png?dl=0

and @cba/keys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb92jmuuskikrl7/keys.png?dl=0 this is freshly installed from Sync (yesterday)

Today theres is a new version but I still have duplicate keys and additional cba folder inside @CBA_A3 one.

CBA seems to have been fixed on PwS.

Thanks to whoever did the update.

Is there anyone who managed to use a formation which is not line with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol?
By me no matter what I choose they always walk in line formation :(

16 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there anyone who managed to use a formation which is not line with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol?
By me no matter what I choose they always walk in line formation :(

Line or Column? Groups in "Safe" mode automatically switch to Column, so that might be what you are seeing.

1 minute ago, Alwarren said:

Line or Column? Groups in "Safe" mode automatically switch to Column, so that might be what you are seeing.

Column.. and you are right I was using SAFE as they are patrolling. I don't want them to patrol in aware mode because it just looks funny to have such animation in a base where there is no danger..
So looks like no way to set another formation then column if I use safe :(

Just now, Devastator_cm said:

Column.. and you are right I was using SAFE as they are patrolling. I don't want them to patrol in aware mode because it just looks funny to have such animation in a base where there is no danger..
So looks like no way to set another formation then column if I use safe :(

Yeah, it's a bummer that the combat mode dictates the formation, it's a bit counter-intuitive, but AFAIK no way around it.

is CBA_fnc_addKeyHandler using the ascii values for _key parameter? The documentation is not clear..

It's using the DIK codes.

#include "\a3\ui_f\hpp\defineDIKCodes.inc"

_key = DIK_E;

Thanks for the information Commy!
Maybe this can be add to the description of function if someone else might need?

On 1.3.2017 at 3:42 PM, commy2 said:

That is a problem with how TFAR implemented the settings and should be fixed in TFAR 1.0.

@dedmen should know more. Please don't use internal functions like CBA_settings_fnc_set, since those are not meant to be used outside of the CBA code and could break in any update.

There is nothing really I can do about this. It's a question for the TFAR team.

So... what you're basically saying is that there's no way to manipulate settings set by the cba settings framework via script commands?

3 hours ago, belbo said:

So... what you're basically saying is that there's no way to manipulate settings set by the cba settings framework via script commands?

Yes and if you're doing it regardless then don't complain if it breaks in future when internals change.

I don't complain. It just seems like something that would really be a good addition.

No. The user is supposed to change the settings. I don't want mission and servers to change the users settings without consent.

Yes, but in most cases the mission builder might want to force some settings for his mission - and that by using scripting functions instead of some shady eden attributes.