vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Error on game start when using DEV or perf binaries v10 is already fixed on master. https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/539Wait for update and use stable branch.

No idea about AI animations, but I don't see why CBA would do that. (CBA has no animation config fixes / changes like ACE has for example)

• Like 1

CBA v3.1.2 Released

Hotfix release addressing a script error that occurs when using the latest dev branch or performance binaries.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: CBA_fnc_hashSize function to get size of hashes (#528, #531) Killswitch00
  • ADDED: RETDEF() macro (#537) 654wak654
  • IMPROVED: Performance of RETNIL() macro (#537) 654wak654
  • FIXED: Script error about variable with empty name (#535, #536, #539) commy2
  • FIXED: IS_INTEGER() macro unsafe when used with low priority commands (#537) 654wak654
  • FIXED: Errors in some function headers (#541) PabstMirror

Change log for CBA v3.1.2

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 4

Hi I'm hoping i can get some help.

Ever since v3.0.0, every time I update CBA I loose the ability to use any addons that have their own key bindings (i.e. ACE and TFAR).  Thus far I've stayed on version 3.0.0. I did a search for this issue and saw that creating a new profile may fix it, I tried that and no dice.  

Has anyone else had this issue? if so what was the fix?

Can anyone take a quick moment and confirm an issue with the Tooltips in Keybinding?  I have 10 custom keys set up for my mission.  The Tooltip for the first key is correct, and the rest of them are all off by one, like this:

• Key #1 gets Tooltip #1, <- correct
  • Key #2 gets Tooltip #3, <- incorrect
  • Key #3 gets Toolip #5, <- incorrect
  • Key #4 gets Toolip #7, <- incorrect
  • Key #5 gets Toolip #9, <- incorrect
  • Keys #6-10 get no Tooltip <- incorrect

Trying to figure out if the problem is on my end, or if it's currently borked for everyone.  Thanks!

(Btw - Interestingly, I also have a number of CBA Game Settings (via Esc -> Options -> Game -> "Configure Addons") set up, and all those Tooltips are working perfectly.  So it's just the Keybinding Tooltips that are messed up at the moment.)

3 hours ago, madrussian said:

Can anyone take a quick moment and confirm an issue with the Tooltips in Keybinding?  I have 10 custom keys set up for my mission.  The Tooltip for the first key is correct, and the rest of them are all off by one, like this:

• Key #1 gets Tooltip #1, <- correct
  • Key #2 gets Tooltip #3, <- incorrect
  • Key #3 gets Toolip #5, <- incorrect
  • Key #4 gets Toolip #7, <- incorrect
  • Key #5 gets Toolip #9, <- incorrect
  • Keys #6-10 get no Tooltip <- incorrect

Trying to figure out if the problem is on my end, or if it's currently borked for everyone.  Thanks!

(Btw - Interestingly, I also have a number of CBA Game Settings (via Esc -> Options -> Game -> "Configure Addons") set up, and all those Tooltips are working perfectly.  So it's just the Keybinding Tooltips that are messed up at the moment.)

Yes, issue exists and already addressed in source.

Hello, I am using  Version: 3.1.2.161105 and when i load my game, i get error saying:

Addon 'cba_ai' requires addon 'A3_3DEN'

I am new to modding so anybody can please tell me what to do?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, shaunak Mistry said:

Hello, I am using  Version: 3.1.2.161105 and when i load my game, i get error saying:

Addon 'cba_ai' requires addon 'A3_3DEN'

I am new to modding so anybody can please tell me what to do?

Thanks.

Is your Arma "up to date"?

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, kingofnuthin1980 said:

CBA_fnc_taskDefend results in odd behaviour of the AI. When they are inside buildings or man positions, they won't shoot anymore. When they spot an enemy, they are trapped in a loop putting their weapons up and down.

I've tested it with and without other scripts and also with mods unloaded, except of CBA. Result is always the same.

Anyone else having this issue or better a solution?

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I saw this yesterday for the first time actually. But the solder was standing with a grouped unit out in a field. Only one guy seemed effected.

I had some mods running and didn't think much of it. Let alone try to isolate the cause but I did see this too.

SetUnitPos "UP" has been partially broken for some time now in Arma 3, which can cause units that go into combat behavior to 'stutter', raising and lowering their weapons.

Simple to reproduce - throw in the player as a rifleman roughly 5 meters away from a wall - then throw in an Opfor guy named BadGuy on the other side of the wall about 5 meters away facing away from the wall - set him to safe mode, no stance selection, normal speed. Put in a radio alpha trigger, code : BadGuy SetUnitPos "UP"; Put in a radio Bravo trigger, code : BadGuy Setbehaviour "COMBAT";  Run the test, after a few seconds hit radio alpha, then after a few seconds hit radio bravo - switch to spectator and take a look at him on the other side of the wall - he should be doing the weapon raised/lower dance in nearly perfect repetition. After radio Alpha, you can also trigger this bug by firing your weapon instead of forcing combat behavior - and in this case the bug is still there, but sometimes with random delays between the weapon up/down action. One will only get the results above by doing things exactly as I laid out.

On the flip side, there is also an issue with SetUnitPos "UP" when setting it initially on a unit that has a waypoint plan - Place a friendly unit nearby the player, set him to up stance initially in his object properties box, set him to walk and set him to safe mode - then give him one waypoint plan position a distance away - run the test and he will actually walk there with weapon raised, while he is actually in "safe" mode.

These tests were done with no mods running at all to be sure as well.

This issue for myself has caused a trainwreck mess of my patrols system in the Ai Modify Ai script system, where my patrols used to be highly functional and highly responsive to various combat conditions - now, their almost more of a blight than bonus due to this bug.

More less just mentioning the issue I have discovered in relation to the other posts here about it - in my tests these issues are happening in pure vanilla Arma 3 with no mods running on a clean slate mission.

Personally I've given up on the tracker stuff, due to a number of reasons.

10 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@special ed Thanks for the detailed repro steps. So are you saying this is a CBA error, or vanilla Arma error? If the latter, this really should go on the feedback tracker.

Vanilla.

no matter what i do.. latest update ,cba  3.1.2.161105 will load on my client, but not on Linux server.

i can load cba_3.1.1.161012 on server and client but  there's (this error)

[0,44.651,0,"XEH: PreStart started."]
[0,44.813,0,"XEH: PreStart finished."]
Error in expression <ns\xeh\fnc_preStart.sqf"
uiNamespace setVariable ["", compileFinal ""];
wi>
Error position: <setVariable ["", compileFinal ""];
wi>
Error Reserved variable in expression
File x\cba\addons\xeh\fnc_preStart.sqf, line 5

any help? thanks

Spoiler
On 1/24/2017 at 0:07 AM, dr death jm said:

no matter what i do.. latest update ,cba  3.1.2.161105 will load on my client, but not on Linux server.

i can load cba_3.1.1.161012 on server and client but  there's (this error)

[0,44.651,0,"XEH: PreStart started."]
[0,44.813,0,"XEH: PreStart finished."]
Error in expression <ns\xeh\fnc_preStart.sqf"
uiNamespace setVariable ["", compileFinal ""];
wi>
Error position: <setVariable ["", compileFinal ""];
wi>

any help? thanks

I have the same error on client too.

Although the blank var name seems harmless, I am concerned as to whether this error stops further processing of remaining XEH preInit code.

Edit: Sorry, this was for v3.1.1 on someone else's log files. We normally use v3.1.2, so all is fine.

Use 3.1.2, which fixes that error. If it doesn't work on your Linux server, find out why or upload the RPT file so I can take a look.

only this i see related is:

15:23:52                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
15:23:52 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15:23:52                          RHS: United States Forces |              @rhsusf |      false |             GAME DIR | 610052bc8026f5a3cf39d82b57b924f10b52ced3 |  b44eeeb9 | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@rhsusf
15:23:52        RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation |             @rhsafrf |      false |             GAME DIR | 888fe9ec317e9a2f73f1e1a869528d34788aad6e |  c164a31b | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@rhsafrf
15:23:52                                          RHS: GREF |             @rhsgref |      false |             GAME DIR | 4c08641e2fbcd26eace8b47fb36a143569a4d1f9 |  59c26b70 | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@rhsgref
15:23:52                          Iron Front in Arma 3 LITE |            @ifa3lite |      false |             GAME DIR | a5a5ea56796f4c6f49dcd913e5778fd487f229e4 |  c8d32da8 | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@ifa3lite
15:23:52                          CUP Terrains - Maps 1.2.0 |   @cup_terrains_maps |      false |             GAME DIR | d7cccea737507a9a009220ae4762dd2a9f17c1af |  58858ce3 | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@cup_terrains_maps
15:23:52                          CUP Terrains - Core 1.2.0 |   @cup_terrains_core |      false |             GAME DIR | 20b6a023afc4cbc0f6014c64c645f842f1a81ee8 |  e01e357f | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@cup_terrains_core
15:23:52                       Community Base Addons v3.1.2 |              @cba_a3 |      false |             GAME DIR | cec1a56b38d05b58e7b4462e04ed4bde4057031a |   d283b5d | /home/jm/arma3/mods/@cba_a3
15:23:52                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
15:23:52                                        Arma 3 Apex |            expansion |       true |             GAME DIR | 889deca7b67b3edca0b2da51a5318a40167757dd |  c794d30d | /home/jm/arma3/expansion
15:23:52                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | 7129193541b9133ea1bea45441e244eb180cbfe7 |  58644447 | /home/jm/arma3/mark
15:23:52                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | 037b8a52dea414a8999d947ae74a01089ef1178e |  6b140d2c | /home/jm/arma3/heli
15:23:52                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | 9b8fdc1c10171397e45e8a671074d3b570c758a9 |  a5c8c24c | /home/jm/arma3/kart
15:23:52                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | e3578d1509f22cc901180ed73925c9d766cdc84c |  e6c7fc7b | /home/jm/arma3/curator
15:23:52                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
15:23:52 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================
15:23:52 InitSound ...
15:23:52 InitSound - complete

as you see cba is there, but im getting a red eye (dot) for addon.)

[0,29.297,0,"XEH: PreStart started."]
 [0,29.549,0,"XEH: PreStart finished."]

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_characters_f

this i have see before when a mission is missing a class or a class doesn't exist ( i think).

even without the addons above loading i get this same error.

but if you wanna see the whole rtp here is link    http://pastebin.com/QBLikExR

thanks for looking

That RPT file on the pastbin is missing some lines at the top and inbetween. Please upload the full one, otherwise I can't help.

21 hours ago, dr death jm said:

hmm its pasted strait from sublime.

that rpt was from server, i have no clue what lines would be missing? 

this one is from client

http://pastebin.com/nHNBRkqf

i see extra lines in this one.

Wild guess, did you forget to add the CBA 3.1.2 bikey to the server keys dir. when you updated ?

2 hours ago, Robalo said:

Wild guess, did you forget to add the CBA 3.1.2 bikey to the server keys dir. when you updated ?

Nope, I've tried over and over... I even tried without any other addon.  and remember and yes i lower cased all  CBA to cba. but i think all of the pbo's and the bikey were already lowercase. 

CBA v3.2.0 Released

This version implements the MRT Accessory Functions into CBA and updates Joint Rails to be compatible with the latest weapons and attachments of the base game. It also contains various optimizations to ensure smooth gameplay and some miscellaneous bug fixes.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Custom chat commands (#507) commy2
  • ADDED: MRT Accessory Functions (#513, #555) robalo
  • ADDED: Function for tracking projectiles (#534) bux
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_insert (#542) 654wak654
  • ADDED: Japanese translation (#544) classicarma
  • ADDED: Updated Joint Rails for 1.66 weapons and attachments (#552) robalo
  • ADDED: Optional timeout parameter for CBA_fnc_waitUntilAndExecute (#560) 654wak654
  • ADDED: XEH support for new 1.66 eventhandlers (#575) commy2
  • ADDED: "CBA_attachmentSwitched" event (#582) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_hashKeys (#590, #591) dedmen commy2
  • OPTIMIZED: CBA settings use hidden Eden category (#540) BaerMitUmlaut
  • OPTIMIZED: Use new entities syntax for XEH (#548) dedmen
  • OPTIMIZED: An if statement in state machine (#550) jameslkingsley
  • OPTIMIZED: CBA_fnc_formatNumber using new toFixed command (#562) PabstMirror
  • OPTIMIZED: CBA player eventhandlers using new engine events (#574, #595) commy2 PabstMirror
  • OPTIMIZED: Substitude functions to reduce eventhandler recompile times (#588, #593) commy2
  • OPTIMIZED: CBA_fnc_reject (#589) dedmen
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_nearPlayer doesn't ignore headless client logics (#545) Cuel
  • FIXED: AI lowering and raising weapon repeatedly (#551, #570) SilentSpike
  • FIXED: Keybinding tooltip position wrong (#556) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Script error on headless clients (#557, #558) shukari, commy2
  • FIXED: XEH preInit doesn't run when switching terrain in Eden (#563) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: RETNIL and RETDEF in scheduled env. (#566, #576, #577) Dorbedo commy2 PabstMirror
  • FIXED: XEH initPost running twice (#567, #578) SilentSpike PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Problems with CBA task modules (#571) SilentSpike
  • FIXED: Patrol pattern of CBA_fnc_taskPatrol (#572) SilentSpike
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_getArea broken with area arrays (#579) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Keybindings using Shift, Ctrl, or Alt (#583) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_getPos doesn't copy position array (#584, #586) highhead commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_randPos working not as expected (#587) commy2
  • FIXED: seatSwitchedMan event will not be overridden correctly (#592) commy2
  • FIXED: A function header (#594) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.2

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 10

yeah... CBA went boink... and I am unable to connect to our clan server which updated before updating my own machine