vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

That is not the full RPT file, please upload a full version, it includes information of what is being loaded.

I'm on linux, there is no rpt file on linux.

Only @CBA_A3 is loaded.

@commy2 - thx mate for info

Only @CBA_A3 is loaded.

Try adding this to your cmd line with which you launch your server: -par=startupparameter.txt 1>>"arma3server_$(date +%s).rpt" 2>>"arma3server_$(date +%s).rpt"

You should then get a rpt. Looks a bit different than the normal one but works 100%

Try adding this to your cmd line with which you launch your server: -par=startupparameter.txt 1>>"arma3server_$(date +%s).rpt" 2>>"arma3server_$(date +%s).rpt"

You should then get a rpt. Looks a bit different than the normal one but works 100%

Your suggestion works but it is still the same output as in my logfile posted above.

Client rpt http://pastebin.com/5DibVNXY

the interesting bit is probably:

14:50:51 [41555,857.532,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=zeus_fsr_tanoa_v5, missionVersion=52, worldName=Tanoa, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
14:50:51 [41555,857.568,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.1.0.160928, "]
14:50:51 [41555,857.572,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]
14:50:51 [CBA] (settings) ERROR: No server settings after postInit phase. File: x\cba\addons\settings\XEH_postInit.sqf Line: 6

Not really. It just tells us what we already know. Can you upload the server RPT too?

Error still persists. 

fx[CBA](settings) ERROR
No server settings after postInit phase.

Still I did not find anything broken yet apart from the error message.

I removed old CBA on sever and installed current version.

Client is updated via workshop

server console log: http://pastebin.com/CTar3JRz

Only @CBA_A3 is loaded.

Your suggestion works but it is still the same output as in my logfile posted above.

Client rpt http://pastebin.com/5DibVNXY

the interesting bit is probably:

14:50:51 [41555,857.532,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=zeus_fsr_tanoa_v5, missionVersion=52, worldName=Tanoa, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
14:50:51 [41555,857.568,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.1.0.160928, "]
14:50:51 [41555,857.572,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]
14:50:51 [CBA] (settings) ERROR: No server settings after postInit phase. File: x\cba\addons\settings\XEH_postInit.sqf Line: 6

Not really. It just tells us what we already know. Can you upload the server RPT too?

I quoted the whole conversation regarding the matter.

The server is running on linux there is only the console output you like in the pastebin from the first quote.

After playing with some friends today, I kinda think it is a client issue, because other people don't get the error.

>The server is running on linux there is only the console output you like in the pastebin from the first quote.

That can't be true. I've seen full RPT files from Linux servers before. I won't be able to find the problem without the full RPT file. But I can't tell you how to get it either unfortunetly.

I reinstalled everything again today. Error is gone. Not sure what it was but thanks for the help.

• Like 1

CBA v3.1.1 Released

This release adds Join Rails compatibility to pistols and bipods from the Tanoa expansion and tweaks various small issues with the AI and settings functionality. It also removes old, long deprecated and/or non functional code mainly stemming from the days of Arma 2. We also fixed the "callsign" composition attribute from the Eden-Editor by inserting our own custom MP compatible function.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Format versions of ERROR_WITH_TITLE() macro (#516) jonpas
  • ADDED: ERROR_MSG() macro to display on-screen message and log (#517, #525) commy2
  • ADDED: Some state machine enhancements (#522) BaerMitUmlaut
  • IMPROVED: Formating of log macros (removed "File:" and "Line:") (#514) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Internally use format log macros where possible (#518) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Check for removed cba_linux.pbo (#520) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Removed a semicolon to indicate a return value (#524) commy2
  • FIXED: A typo in a function header (#523) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.1.1

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

Signatures are included.
Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 5

Hello, i'm sorry to add to any issues.

I'm running my game with CBA and MCC and I'm trying to create a mission in the multiplayer editor, I place down 6 guys and a respawn point. When I test the scenario it crashes after clicking contnue on the map screen. 

I've tested it without MCC, it still crashes, I then tested without CBA and it works fine. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this and if you guys know how to fix it?

Here is my latest rpt file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfv4okl8dv3xkim/arma3_2016-10-23_16-25-17.rpt?dl=0

It's not the mission, I even tested the mcc template mission and it cashes on that. Yet any mission I play that is downloaded via steam workshop for both SP & MP work fine. But sure, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ycerroq7yw9a04/mission.sqm?dl=0

I've created other test missions on Altis and Stratis, it's the same thing...so unless every map on standard ArmA is broken it's not the mission. I've only put a few guys down, and a respawn point. 

It might also help to know that while testing I took CBA of my mod list which consisted of CBA and MCC, and it worked fine. So I really doubt the issue is due to the mission, there is nothing on it expect what I said.

I haven't seen this issue before. It's only the last few days after re-downloading ArmA last week. I even verified my game files and re-downloaded both MCC and CBA to make sure.

Edited by sgt m.stonebridge

Doesn't crash for me, but it get a black screen and it says:

Error: Base respawn for unknown is not supported.

Well I have no clue, it crashes me to desktop when ever I have CBA loaded, take that out and I spawn in fine. I follow this tutorial to do the respawn and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PRfhQLU5HM

If some one could tell why this keeps happening then I would appreciate it, but at the moment all I get is a crash when I get to the map screen before getting into the mission.

So I almost lost my mission when trying to use CBA tonight, I don't know if it was the way BI set up how mods intergate into missions or CBA itself. Basically I noticed in order for some of the Achillies -Ares expansion modules to work I needed CBA. So I installed it to test it out. I then get this error.

• 1:09:20 Error in expression <= _pos distance curatorcamera;
  • if (_dis < _fadeEnd) then {
  • _coef = linearconvers>
  • 1:09:20 Error position: << _fadeEnd) then {
  • _coef = linearconvers>
  • 1:09:20 Error <: Type code, expected Number,Not a Number

Ultimately it spammed it enough to annoy me, so I'm like fine. I'll just use the mission without CBA for awhile. Anyways I boot up and open it in the editor. All the sudden the mission "requires" CBA and cannot open. Simply giving me a blank map. I'm kinda irritated at that point, so I go back, load up CBA see what there is that made it require it all the sudden. Welp my editor decided to save as well, because my mission was officially wiped. Luckily I was smart for once, and made a back up copy. although it was 2 days in development old. 

Anyways, for more helpful none-ranting info. The error persist but doesn't really hinder anything besides leaves a fat black error screen on my hud. It builds up big though, going almost 2mb worth of errors. I have tried this without any mods in Zeus mode and I still get the error.

when i play arma with rhs and cba on i cant attach any scope ans laser even on the vanilla weapons its not rhs but cba that makes the error

CBA_fnc_taskDefend results in odd behaviour of the AI. When they are inside buildings or man positions, they won't shoot anymore. When they spot an enemy, they are trapped in a loop putting their weapons up and down.

I've tested it with and without other scripts and also with mods unloaded, except of CBA. Result is always the same.

Anyone else having this issue or better a solution?

CBA_fnc_taskDefend results in odd behaviour of the AI. When they are inside buildings or man positions, they won't shoot anymore. When they spot an enemy, they are trapped in a loop putting their weapons up and down.

I've tested it with and without other scripts and also with mods unloaded, except of CBA. Result is always the same.

when i play arma with rhs and cba on i cant attach any scope ans laser even on the vanilla weapons its not rhs but cba that makes the error

I cant reproduce.

I saw this yesterday for the first time actually. But the solder was standing with a grouped unit out in a field. Only one guy seemed effected.

I had some mods running and didn't think much of it. Let alone try to isolate the cause but I did see this too.

I'm getting a very strange error from CBA-any ai units spawned that are not in my group spawn in a half seated position and are frozen.Happens with friendly and enemy ai. i get a CBA error message on the startup screen-something about XEH line 5? I'll take a screenshot. Happens with armaholic and workshop versions-just started today. 

I am on Dev branch, but I am switching back to stable-will let you know if that helps.

EDIT: Switching back to stable fixed the issue-but maybe a heads up that this could be a problem for the next game update.Sorry I didnt get a pic of the error message-but I am sure other people on Dev will experience it as well.

• Like 2