vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

>But apparently, it also now causes the following error message, along with a failure to load previous save game points

That is very odd indeed. Can you link the version of that mod you were using?

There's a text file in the folder that says it's version 3.3

-V

Version 3.0:

- Added support for the Huron.

- Fixed a lot of errors.

Version 3.1:

- Multiple Changes to the UI.

- New helo skins made by Patchwork!

- New helo crew helmets by Patchwork!

- Fixed IR jammer error (Thanks SykoCrazy!)

- New keys.

Version 3.2:

- Removed Radar Boxes from HMD and replaced with UI boxes.

- CAS variant of the comanche with pilot controlled rockets (DAR) and Hellfires (K & N) instead of ASRAAMS (Courtesy of Neptune).

- Little bird has 3 skins available: OLive, Black and ACU pattern.

- Fixed gear problem in HMD for Transport helos.

Version 3.3:

- Fixed hellfire missing textures.

FYI, it was version 3.3 Of Kimi's HMDs that caused this problem/bug.

I updated to the current version (v3.6) and tested it, and the problem went away!

Problem solved.  Happy again!  :D :P :lol: ;)

-V

• Like 1

Hey Devs!

I know that -filepatching isn't needed to run CBA on a server (but for some mods they still DO need -filepatching).  However, when I run CBA on -filepatching it brings up a file not found in userconfig/cba/settings.sqf.

Any ideas for a fix ?

have you tried simply creating that file? ;)

• Like 1

still looking forward to update jointrails for khaki bipod thx

still looking forward to update jointrails for khaki bipod thx

Already fixed for next release. Hardly looks like hotfix material.

• Like 2

We're experiencing an issue where settings modified on the server (ASR in this case) aren't properly stored server-side and reset after every mission change.

Should the settings be written directly into the server's profile file? I'm not sure where to start to pin down this issue.

Hi.
Found an error in CBA_fnc_taskDefend.
Line 47

[_statics,{(_x emptyPositions "Gunner") > 0},true] call CBA_fnc_filter;

@EDIT:  Already fixed by great CBA team, thank you.

Hi, for an own addon I use CBA keybinding framework. It works, the script is called, but I get the error messages as can be seen below. Thank you!

This is the call:

["TORT_Escape","tort_teleport_key", "Random teleport", {_this call tort_teleport_map}, {}, [0x14, [false, true, true]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
This is the error message.

18:01:33 Error in expression <rams;
_params pushBack _x;

_blockInput = _params call _code;

};

if (_blockIn>
18:01:33   Error position: <= _params call _code;

};

if (_blockIn>
18:01:33   Error Generic error in expression
18:01:33 File x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandlerDown.sqf, line 46
EDIT: OK, I chose the wrong call, (EDIT2: No I think above call should work!) I want the call without different actions for keyup/down. But still I get error messages with the new call:

["TORT_Escape", "tort_teleport_key", "Random teleport", ["player", [], -100, "_this call tort_teleport_map"], [0x14, [false, true, true]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybindToFleximenu;
18:13:08 Error in expression <
_array = toArray _menuSource;
_menuDef = if (_array find 46 >= 0 && {_array fin>
18:13:08   Error position: <= if (_array find 46 >= 0 && {_array fin>
18:13:08   Error Generic error in expression
18:13:08 File x\cba\addons\ui\flexiMenu\fnc_getMenuDef.sqf, line 46
Next observation: It recognizes every second keypress.

OH! solved here, but cause is not clear: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/483

Another observation: 

["TORT_Escape","tort_escape_key", "Escape now!", {_this call tort_escape_do}, {}, [0x9C, [false, true, false]],false] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["TORT_Escape","tort_teleport_key", "Random teleport", {_this call tort_teleport_map}, {}, [0x14, [false, true, true]],false] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
The first call does not drop the error, but the second does.

Recently, we had several instances on our sever where a loaded mission would spew out an error message and drop back into the lobby.

The message would always be something like this:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CUP_Vacannon_SPG9_veh/player.aiRateOfFire'.

I've checked the RPT file, and I find those messages here:

2016/09/07, 17:21:30 [XEH]: One or more children of class AllVehicles do not support Extended Event Handlers. Fall back to loop.
2016/09/07, 17:21:30 [1.21764e+07,245647,0,"XEH: PreInit finished."]
2016/09/07, 17:21:31 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CUP_Vacannon_SPG9_veh/player.displayName'.
2016/09/07, 17:21:31 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
2016/09/07, 17:21:31 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CUP_Vacannon_SPG9_veh/player.textureType'.
2016/09/07, 17:21:31 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CUP_Vacannon_SPG9_veh/player.multiplier'.

The interesting par is the message from XEH about "falling back to loop".

So the question is, is it possible that CBA is scanning the configs and cause those messages, ultimately causing the mission to fail loading ?

The problem does not appear on vanilla servers, but it can appear with any mission, addons or no.

Any idea ?

Edit: Should add: The warnings are always about different stuff, not only CUP, but also RHS, or even vanilla assets.

Faulty inheritance definition for subclass "player" should be the origin.

The function CBA_fnc_taskDefend does not work in the current version. It throws a generic error on line 79: _x assignAsGunner (_statics deleteAt 0);

Interestingly, the code for that function does not entirely match the code on GitHub from this past July. If I use the code from GitHub, it works fine, no errors.

Interestingly, the code for that function does not entirely match the code on GitHub from this past July. If I use the code from GitHub, it works fine, no errors.

That's because you are checking 'master' branch, which is the development branch, and that bug has already been fixed there. :)

x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandlerDown.sqf, line 46 - Error in expression #483

Hi CBA guys, I found a fix/workaround for https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/483. I'm really happy because it annoyed me so much.
I think it happens if the called function has no return value. Maybe you can catch this for the user.
Now the user simply has to put a return value (here "true") into it. No more error message!

myfunction =
{
   _a = 0;
   _b = 5;
   hint str random [_a, _a, _b];
   true // <----
};
  • Like 1

We can't detect the return value of a function in SQF without calling it (which would lead to unpredicatble behaviour). If I ever get to rewriting the CBA keybinding system (imo the weakest component after the cleanup of the upcomming update except for maybe the flexi menu), I'll change this.

• Like 1

CBA v3.1.0 Released

This release adds Join Rails compatibility to pistols and bipods from the Tanoa expansion and tweaks various small issues with the AI and settings functionality. It also removes old, long deprecated and/or non functional code mainly stemming from the days of Arma 2. We also fixed the "callsign" composition attribute from the Eden-Editor by inserting our own custom MP compatible function.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: JR muzzles to pistols (#436) robalo
  • ADDED: JR compatibility with APEX bipods (#436, #500) robalo
  • ADDED: Listenable events for CBA settings initialization (#437) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Garrison waypoint in editor (#438) commy2
  • ADDED: PerFrameHandler Objects (#441) commy2
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_getArea to return the array form of any area construct (#442) SilentSpike
  • ADDED: Optional pbo to load settings from a userconfig file (#450, #459) commy2
  • ADDED: Template for creating a settings file inside a pbo (#451, #459) commy2
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_removeWhitespace (ported from ACE 3) (#457) commy2
  • ADDED: PATHTO_FNC and RECOMPILE macros for CfgFunctions (#475, #494) dixon13
  • ADDED: "format" versions of LOG()/WARNING()/ERROR()/INFO() macros (#482) commy2
  • ADDED: Optional parameter for CBA_fnc_addPlayerEventHandler (#490) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Unit test for network component commy2 (#497)
  • ADDED: Event handlers for creating and deleting markers commy2 (#505)
  • ADDED: Fix for broken "callsign" Eden attribute commy2, snippers (#508)
  • IMPROVED: Remove some obsolete productVersion checks (#432) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Remove some obsolete and unused files (#434) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Missions can force global settings if not forced by the Server (#437, #506) PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: Group behaviour when using CBA_fnc_taskDefend (#440) SilentSpike
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_randPosArea accepts areas in form of array or location (#442) SilentSpike
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_taskSearchArea accepts areas in form of array or location (#442) SilentSpike
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_inArea in favour of new inArea command (#442) SilentSpike
  • IMPROVED: Remove obsolete PlayerConnected, PlayerDisconnected band aid fix (#443) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Disable "Default" settings button if setting is already the default value (#444) PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_hashSet to use the deleteAt command (#445) PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: Some internals in XEH component (XEH_CLASS_BASE macro) (#446) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Internals of serializing array type settings (#449) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Correct wrong information in some functions headers (#463) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Precompile displayLoad functions (#464) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Simplify CBA_fnc_filter with new SQF commands (#465) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Align DEBUG()/WARNING()/ERROR() macros to their ACE versions (#466, #480, #498) commy2
  • IMPROVED: compileFinal internal CBA missionNamespace functions (#469) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Remove obsolete and non functional marker persistency feature (#473, #485) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Remove obsolete code from network component (#474, #476, #477, #479, #481) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Remove CBA_fnc_benchmarkFunction (use diag_codePerformance) (#478) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Check data type of the arguments of CBA_fnc_addKeybind (#484) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Save expression in debug console when hitting the enter key (#491, #493) PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: Remove obsolete configs for the old XEH from diagnostic component (#495) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Remove obsolete unreachable code from common component (#496) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Remove obsolete fire team synchronization code, deprecate event (#511) commy2
  • FIXED: Incorrect building position storage in CBA_fnc_taskDefend (#440, #488) SilentSpike
  • FIXED: Infinite building searches caused by CBA_fnc_taskSearchArea (#440) SilentSpike
  • FIXED: Only logged in admins are allowed change settings (#448) commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_addKeybind running on headless clients (#467, #468) commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_setVarNet and CBA_fnc_publicVariable broken (#471) commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_error (internal) not safe for scheduled environment (#472) commy2
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_formatNumber not behaving as expected (#486, #489) Sniperhid
  • FIXED: Default value for argument in CBA_fnc_hashHasKey was not a hash (#503, #509) commy2

Change log for CBA v3.1

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.

HOSTED AT THE FOLLOWING

Signatures are included.
Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 10