vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

apex bipods will also need to be added to jr

It's one item, right ? The khaki bipod ? Somehow I missed that.

Thanks

• Like 1

This really isn't a big deal whatsoever...just a miniscule thing I noticed.

https://cbateam.github.io/CBA_A3/docs/files/network/fnc_globalExecute-sqf.html

On the top it's mentioned that this function is deprecated and remoteExec(Call) should be used instead.

I understand remoteExec is BI's solution to remote execution and it sure has a lot more safety checks preventing malicious intent, but by saying it's deprecated you guys hopefully aren't intending to remove this function at some point, right?

I've used a lot of remoteExec(Call) in my long-term projects but in short missions to play with my private community I prefer using CBA fnc globalExec simply because it allows you to execute code directly whereas remoteExec requires you to wrap code into a function. (I don't know if the function with code needs to exist on the computers that execute the code).

So in some controlled situations I think it's preferable to execute code directly using cba_fnc_globalExecute rather than remoteExec. Just wondering what the intent is here :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The reason for marking it as "deprecated" should be read as "not recommended since it may break in MP" for the reasons you noted - with BI's remoteExec*, server owners have a way to determine what's allowed and what's not.

The intent with deprecating things in CBA is to nudge people towards using stock game features where possible. It is not our intention to remove or disable functonality in CBA unless absolutely neccessary.

• Like 2

The reason for marking it as "deprecated" should be read as "not recommended since it may break in MP" for the reasons you noted - with BI's remoteExec*, server owners have a way to determine what's allowed and what's not.

The intent with deprecating things in CBA is to nudge people towards using stock game features where possible. It is not our intention to remove or disable functonality in CBA unless absolutely neccessary.

Alright all great then ^^

Just wondering what the intent is here :P

The intention was to streamline the way code is transfered across the network. By changing the function to be a wrapper for the remoteExec command, we can instantly support all current and future features / improvements that are made for remote execution, including stuff like CfgRemoteExec, BE logging and security.

but by saying it's deprecated you guys hopefully aren't intending to remove this function at some point, right?

CBA_fnc_globalExecute will, as far as I can see, not be removed for Arma 3. The policy for removing deprecated functions is not like in ACE 3. The last functions that were removed from CBA were deprecated in 2009.

Guys, I'm trying to track down a delay in picking up (hand icon) items and the culprit seems to be CBA (or a combination of CBA and JSRS-APEX).  When I walk up to a ground item and the hand icon appears, about 5times our of 10 I will have to reclick the hand icon again (and sometimes again!) before it picks the item up.  The game does the animation of picking up, but nothing appears in the inventory and the item remains on the ground.

Has anyone else noticed this?  For testing I'm running CBA (or CBA+JSRS-APEX) on the client (but not on the server).  Vanilla there are NO problems and I can pick things up with the hand icon first time.

Hi,

Could someone please explain some of the optional files in CBA for me? I know it explains what they are in the readme, but I have no idea what they mean... I play totally SP so I never use servers etc, is there any benefit to me doing anything with the optional files? Or will i just ignore them as I always have done..? :)

Thanks guys.

Could someone please explain some of the optional files in CBA for me? I know it explains what they are in the readme, but I have no idea what they mean... I play totally SP so I never use servers etc, is there any benefit to me doing anything with the optional files? Or will i just ignore them as I always have done..? :)

Basically if you don't know what they are for you leave them alone. They are mostly for developers and debugging, except the joint rails one of which the title explains what it does.

• Like 1

Any reason why Sync withSIX wants to downgrade CBA from 3.0 to 2.5?

Basically if you don't know what they are for you leave them alone. They are mostly for developers and debugging, except the joint rails one of which the title explains what it does.

So, just leave them alone. I can do that :)

I can't load save points anymore (in ANY mission).  If i disable CBA the save games work just fine.  But if I enable @CBA, the saved game system fails to load save points properly.  Yet, almost all mods need CBA for them to function.  So disabling CBA really causes problems for mods.

I've tried regular ARMA & Dev Branch ARMA.  I've updated CBA to the newest version (Version: 3.0.0.160713).  But enabling CBA always kills my ability to load mission save points.  The only error message I see when the saved games fail to load properly is this:

'[_agent] call |#|BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour;'
Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_animalbehaviour

Any advice on how I can fix this problem without disabling CBA ? ? ?   TIA!

-V

It's one item, right ? The khaki bipod ? Somehow I missed that.

Thanks

Yes

23:15:31 [weapon arifle_MX_SW_khk_F]: item[bipod_01_F_khk] does not match to this weapon!

Start a new campaign. Savegames have to be loaded with the same mods they were started with.

Start a new campaign. Savegames have to be loaded with the same mods they were started with.

I tried that.  Still same problem.  Save games don't work unless I disable CBA.

Thanks for the tip though!!

-V

Cannot reproduce. Works fine with restarted mission here. What mission? If it's from APEX, then I can't test it.

I tried that.  Still same problem.  Save games don't work unless I disable CBA.

Thanks for the tip though!!

-V

Seems to not be a CBA issue for other people.Have you tries verifying the integrity of the game cache?

Hopefully you guys can shed some light on this error for me as it seems to be cba a3 related.

If I run the server without cup units / weapons / vehicles / cba then it works perfectly, new players can join etc, a new entry is written in the database (tested by deleting myself out)

As soon as I throw cup units / weapons / vehicles / cba into the mix new players can't join the server as it doesn't create them a bambi character / entry in the database (tested by deleting myself out of the DB and trying to join the server, I just get bambi creation timeout)

Any ideas how to fix it? We would love to run cup on our server but it seems as soon as we add it into our mod list it messes things up.

Thanks.

Seems to not be a CBA issue for other people.Have you tries verifying the integrity of the game cache?

Another good suggestion.  But sadly I've tried that too.  Nope.  The cache integrity was fine, and I still had the problem after checking the cache and re-starting a new campaign/scenario. 

And I agree . . . I have not seen others complain about this issue.  Which is why it really annoys me.  I just can't load save game points with CBA enabled.  But without CBA, several of my favorite mods don't work.  Odd.

Cannot reproduce. Works fine with restarted mission here. What mission? If it's from APEX, then I can't test it.

Easiest/fastest test for me is the SHOWCASE -> Infantry mission.  Once I hit the first automatic save point, I run headlong into a hail of bullets and die on purpose to see if I can re-load.

I also test it with the somewhat famous "Pilgrimage" mission and/or by starting a default campaign.

Easiest/fastest test for me is the SHOWCASE -> Infantry mission.  Once I hit the first automatic save point, I run headlong into a hail of bullets and die on purpose to see if I can re-load.

I also test it with the somewhat famous "Pilgrimage" mission and/or by starting a default campaign.

I just tested it-all is fine for me. Did you download the most recent version of CBA?The one from a couple of days ago? If so I suggest downloading it again-might be a corrupted DL

you used to be able to remove the "jr" addons...now if you remove them I get an error upon mission start where it complains about the config bin jr stuff i removed. How can we use CBA without the JR stuff?

** Nevermind - it didn't tell me the first time after installing...but after rebooting arma again this time it explained that the linux add on is what had the dependency on the jr add on...so i removed the linux stuff too and its ok now.

Guys it is working for me. It must be something on your end.
1. Try to open launcher and check if there is some parameter checked (marked).

2. Did you asked CUP guys, isnt it their mod's fault?

3. Did you tried only with CBA loaded?
4. Can you sent me rpt file? Or check it by yourself, is there any addon loaded by your mistake.....

5. What version of game are you using (branch)?

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=2454

Hopefully you guys can shed some light on this error for me as it seems to be cba a3 related.

If I run the server without cup units / weapons / vehicles / cba then it works perfectly, new players can join etc, a new entry is written in the database (tested by deleting myself out)

As soon as I throw cup units / weapons / vehicles / cba into the mix new players can't join the server as it doesn't create them a bambi character / entry in the database (tested by deleting myself out of the DB and trying to join the server, I just get bambi creation timeout)

Any ideas how to fix it? We would love to run cup on our server but it seems as soon as we add it into our mod list it messes things up.

Thanks.

What database? CUP and CBA do not have database features.

What's a "bambi character"? The Arma 3 core game does not have deer.

Try the server with only CBA and CUP and see if a stock BIS MP mission works.

If that works, it is probably a compatibility issue with the other addons the server uses and/or a specific mission where "bambis" and database connectivity are used.

Please describe the setup in more detail and add link to a .RPT file output from the server where the issue occurs.

OK guys.  I finally found the problem.  Thanks for all your help.

First up, yes, I have the newest CBA installed (from a few days ago).  Turns out that CBA wasn't the problem.  Earlier I was disabling several mods at a time.  And the only thing that seemed to fix the problem was disabling CBA.  But again, the problem WASN'T CBA.

I finally disabled EVERY mod except for CBA, and then tested loading missions.  With CBA alone, loading mission save files worked.

Next, I added 1 mod at a time, and played the SHOWCASE -> INFANTRY mission after each mod was added.

I re-started the SHOWCASE -> INFANTRY mission FRESH after each mod that I added, and I played the mission long enough to:

(-A-) Get the first auto-save point,

and

(-B-) then die (on purpose) to see if I could re-load from that auto-save point.

Of coarse, after testing 18 f#$%ing mods . . . (pardon my frustration) the error message HAD to come from the very LAST mod that I added & tested, and obviously it HAD to be one of the few mods that I considered LEAST likely to throw out an "animal behavior" error message.

These are the mods I tested:

01) Action Button Mod

02) Mao Anims Sway Fix

03) Enhanced Movement

04) Automated Doors

05) KH Lowgrass

06) TPW mods

07) MCSS Simple Heli

08) LSD NVG

09) Advanced Rappelling

10) RYD_BT

11) Blood Lust

12) Alive

13) Tao Folding Map

14) BHC Map Contour

15) ASR AI3

16) Mag Repack

17) Moduload

18) Kimi's HMD

Kimi's HMDs was the offending mod.  It improves the Helicopter HUD icons.  But apparently, it also now causes the following error message, along with a failure to load previous save game points:

'[_agent] call |#|BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour;'

Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_animalbehaviour

So sorry guys.  I thought it was CBA, but it clearly wasn't.  MY BAD!

Thanks for all your help trouble-shooting, and especially the advice to disable everything but CBA and go forward from there.  I should have done that from the start.  But with so many mods to test, I was disabling many mods at a time instead of one-by-one.  And I missed the offending mod until now.

-V

>But apparently, it also now causes the following error message, along with a failure to load previous save game points

That is very odd indeed. Can you link the version of that mod you were using?