vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Found the problem...

Work-around is to disable file patching (remove -filePatching).

Will be fixed together with the other issues of APEX (joint rails with new attachments) soon TM.

• Like 3

Where can I find the documentation on CBA? I checked the GitHub but couldn't see any obvious mention of it.

Edit: Nevermind, the sqf files themselves seem to self-documented.

well that's a pain, my servers are managed through TADST and you can't turn file patching off.

But with file patching disable ACe will have problems (as this uses the userconfig), same as asr_ai, TPW mods, Vcom_ai, WW_aimenu (can play without ai menu).

But with file patching disable ACe will have problems (as this uses the userconfig), same as asr_ai, TPW mods, Vcom_ai, WW_aimenu (can play without ai menu).

and then there is that.

and then there is that.

Well, is there someone playing with CBA alone?

I do sort of, use CBA with CUP. Don't use ACE or AI Mods as we play a different sort of PvP. 

Not sure I follow you mate, I was saying that what  you said is also a big issue along with my previously stated issue regarding my servers being managed by TADST, which doesn't allow you to turn off file patching.

• Like 2

Not sure I follow you mate, I was saying that what  you said is also a big issue along with my previously stated issue regarding my servers being managed by TADST, which doesn't allow you to turn off file patching.

Ah, ok.

ACE doesn't use a userconfig file, the server uses something akin to a userconfig but that's a different story.

• Like 1

As I said: It will be fixed soon TM (have to figure out the best way to do it first).

It's just a work-around for now. For those who don't need -filePatching

ACE doesn't use a userconfig file, the server uses something akin to a userconfig but that's a different story.

I got userconfigh and inside of it i got :

// Example:
class ACE_common_forceAllSettings {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "BOOL";
};
class ace_repair_engineerSetting_Repair {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
};

I got userconfigh and inside of it i got :

ACE's userconfig does not require file patching.

ACE's userconfig does not require file patching.

Oh, thanks a lot. But still WW_Aimenu require....

Okay here's another work around that was posted on CBA's github page.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/425

Create a folder in the userconfig folder called cba and create a empty settings.sqf file inside of it.

Tris trick do its job, thanks for responses anyway :)

CBA v3.0.0 Released

This release brings full compatibility with Arma 3 v1.62, including Joint Rails for the new weapons and optics as well as XEH compatibility with new assets from the APEX expansion.

NOTE Due to critical files not being present in Arma versions before v1.62, this version no longer supports the v1.54 Linux/MacOS ports. Use CBA_A3 v2.5.0 instead. This does not mean that you have to have bought the Tanoa DLC to use CBA_A3 however.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Joint Rails compatibility with new weapons and optics from Tanoa DLC (#388) robalo
  • CHANGED: Fire Teams no longer have to be synched by CBA (#424, #430) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: XEH compatibility with new assets (#399) commy2
  • FIXED: Error Message / Server crash Script userconfig\cba\settings.sqf not found (#425, #426, #427) commy2

Full Change log for CBA v3.0

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.
  • Like 9

Thank you for update!!!!!! (DziÄ™kujÄ™/Danke/ÑпаÑибо) ;)

thanks so much for the update!

would you wanna add pistol muzzles to JR as well?

We already have the muzzle classes defined: asdg_MuzzleSlot_9MM, asdg_MuzzleSlot_45ACP.

But if you mean add these to the vanilla pistols then sure, will do.

This really isn't a big deal whatsoever...just a miniscule thing I noticed.

https://cbateam.github.io/CBA_A3/docs/files/network/fnc_globalExecute-sqf.html

On the top it's mentioned that this function is deprecated and remoteExec(Call) should be used instead.

I understand remoteExec is BI's solution to remote execution and it sure has a lot more safety checks preventing malicious intent, but by saying it's deprecated you guys hopefully aren't intending to remove this function at some point, right?

I've used a lot of remoteExec(Call) in my long-term projects but in short missions to play with my private community I prefer using CBA fnc globalExec simply because it allows you to execute code directly whereas remoteExec requires you to wrap code into a function. (I don't know if the function with code needs to exist on the computers that execute the code).

So in some controlled situations I think it's preferable to execute code directly using cba_fnc_globalExecute rather than remoteExec. Just wondering what the intent is here :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez