vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Strange, cause even running the latest CBA I have no JM support, only JR support. Hence why I asked the question in the first place. 

JM support is included and it's configured in CBA for vanilla weapons. What is it that you're missing exactly ?

Hello CBA Team,

Is there any chance that you guys could either tidy up or remove the garbage at the bottom of the main menu screen ?

It looks really untidy and there are more then one text displayed over each other so it just looks like a jumbled mess and you can't make out what it says.

I'm talking about at the bottom of the screen where you have displayed Community Based Addons : and then your web address or listing everyone who contributed etc.

Can you make it a bit more brief just for a better look visually.

Sorry if this request offends you but I hope you will still think about it. 

Cheers,

CB.

I think you are talking about 1.62? Sorry, but we don't (can't) support dev and release branches.

JM support is included and it's configured in CBA for vanilla weapons. What is it that you're missing exactly ?

Missing the ability to put any muzzle attachment on vanilla weapons. Before it was in CBA It worked perfectly fine, I could put anything on the Vanilla weapons, now I cant. 

Missing the ability to put any muzzle attachment on vanilla weapons. Before it was in CBA It worked perfectly fine, I could put anything on the Vanilla weapons, now I cant. 

Sounds like another incompatible mod breaking that. Try with CBA and ASDG-JR compatible mods.

Sounds like another incompatible mod breaking that. Try with CBA and ASDG-JR compatible mods.

It works with mods other than RHS and CUP, which I would have presumed have been JM compatible since a long time ago. If I remember correctly RHS used to be JM compatible.. Concludes that my confusion with whether JM was implemented or not was the result of RHS and CUP not having compatible muzzle attachments. 

Any chance of the Joint Rails update for new expansion weapons coming out before the Apex release?

It works with mods other than RHS and CUP, which I would have presumed have been JM compatible since a long time ago. If I remember correctly RHS used to be JM compatible.. Concludes that my confusion with whether JM was implemented or not was the result of RHS and CUP not having compatible muzzle attachments. 

It is up to mod authors if/how they want to implement JM support. Just to give you some examples of mods I know they do have: RH Acc pack, Niarms AR15 pack, BWA3.

Any chance of the Joint Rails update for new expansion weapons coming out before the Apex release?

No, we won't release nor support a dev based variant as already stated by commy2 few posts back.

Nobody stopping you from pulling the source from Github and building your own Apex JR addons in the mean time ;)

Nobody stopping you from pulling the source from Github and building your own Apex JR addons in the mean time ;)

if somebody is/has doing/done it, would that person be so kind to share? (just asking because my configing skills are close to 0)

Thanks for helping with this. When ever I update CBA I always delete the entire @CBA_A3 folder both on my server and my client machine. I did re-download CBA from Armaholic and now, while it still shows up red in the file browser I can connect and play, I've tested this with CBA as the only activated mod. Of course, I'd still like to find out why it's red, this is the first time this has happened though many updates. Any suggestions on what other mods might have CBA files in them?

BTW CBA v2.4.1.160606 is still red after a full wipe of the server, performed for a completely unrelated reason, and again only CBA installed and activated on the server, no other mods. Also when I do this test I only have CBA active on my client machine as well.

I'm having the exact same "problem" as Tuskegee there with both the Armaholic and Steam subscription version: server browser is showing version mismatch (=red) for CBA now after updating to the latest version v2.4.1.160606 for both the server and client.

Nevertheless it is still possible to join the server without any apparent errors. It's just that if other players will also see that there's a not matching CBA in use in the server they might not even try to join, which is sort of a bummer.

ps. one version of ALiVE from some months ago was showing up as not matching but did still work without giving any errors and only thing that cured that mismatched status was an updated version of the mod that came later on. I'm not saying that the ALiVE team actually did anything to cure the problem but it still went away with a newer version.

Since when have the red/green dots ever been reliable? I've seen first hand my entire mod line show red when hosting a server for myself.

Not once has it ever caused me any issues.

Since when have the red/green dots ever been reliable? I've seen first hand my entire mod line show red when hosting a server for myself.

Not once has it ever caused me any issues.

I've seldom had these mismatches with the mods I've been playing with and joining different servers (naturally with compatible mods). So for me at least the dots have always been that one source of "reliable" information that I'm ok to join the server I was about to.

Also the point was that not-so-experienced players might not know that there might not be a reason to blindly trust those dots. But since they are that inexperienced they might as well head elsewhere when seeing red dots everywhere.

• Like 1

Hey guys, on the subject of the upcoming support to APEX weapons on ASDG JR system... the AKM and AKS74U both have modelled the "N version rail for dovetail acessories"... so are you guys planning to add support for NIArms/RHS/MASSI acessories for these vanilla guns?

Cheers!

Hey guys, on the subject of the upcoming support to APEX weapons on ASDG JR system... the AKM and AKS74U both have modelled the "N version rail for dovetail acessories"... so are you guys planning to add support for NIArms/RHS/MASSI acessories for these vanilla guns?

Cheers!

If BI updates those models to support attachments, yes.

If BI updates those models to support attachments, yes.

Ohhh they don´t have any proxies on them... what a bummer =( (they have the rail modelled but no proxies, oh boy)

Let us wait then... thanks for the heads up, Robalo!

Cheers!

CBA v2.5.0 Released

This release adds new features, fixes and compatibility with Arma 3 v1.62
NOTE It does not require the Apex expansion.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: Settings framework (#317, #409) commy2
  • ADDED: Module variants of taskAttack, taskDefend, and taskPatrol functions (#342) Wired-Tiger
  • ADDED: Support for sending events to client IDs via CBA_fnc_ownerEvent (#352) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Override capability to CBA_fnc_taskAttack (#356) Wired-Tiger
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_viewDir and CBA_fnc_turretDir (#372, #377, #386) commy2
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_addEventHandlerArgs (#375) commy2
  • ADDED: Parameter to CBA_fnc_createNamespace to create a public pseudo namespace (#381) commy2
  • ADDED: QQ macros for escaped config implementation (#383) kingsley
  • ADDED: State machine system (#389) BaerMitUmlaut
  • IMPROVED: Optimization of CBA_fnc_sortNestedArray(#380) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Use XEH for RscDisplayConfigure instead of the onLoad config entry (#382) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Optimization of CBA_fnc_headDir (#390, #405) 654wak654, Killswitch
  • IMPROVED: Optimization of CBA_fnc_directCall (#391, #411) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Some function headers by adding passed magic variables (#393, #394, #395) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Optimization when checking for XEH incompatible classes (#408) commy2
  • CHANGED: CBA_fnc_players no longer reports headless clients (#371) commy2
  • CHANGED: Updated URL in mod.cpp (from dev.withsix to github) (#413) commy2
  • CHANGED: Adjustments for new APEX options menu grid (#396, #397, #419, #420) commy2, PabstMirror
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_execNextFrame are executed out of order if used before postInit (#343) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Credits bar misalligned for non default interface sizes (#362, #398) commy2
  • FIXED: Some missing strings (#368, #369, #403) Dorbedo, PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Virtual Arsenal was showing incompatible optics ("ghost optics") (#373) commy2
  • FIXED: Potential script error when calling undefined events (#378) commy2
  • FIXED: Potential script error in Versioning component (non-numbers in array) (#401) PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Taru helicopter sometimes not executing XEH init events (#407) commy2
  • FIXED: Early globalEventJIP could be executed twice (#418) commy2
  • FIXED: Early globalEventJIP could be executed twice (#418) commy2
  • FIXED: Incorrect results for CBA_fnc_find when using initialIndex (#421, #422) nilsms
  • FIXED: Placement of Settings button at GetReady map (#423) PabstMirror

Change log for CBA v2.5

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.
  • The RPT log will have these warnings, related to missing extended event handlers for some new classes in Apex:
[XEH]: Land_PowerLine_01_pole_junction_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: Land_PowerLine_01_pole_lamp_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: Land_PowerLine_01_pole_lamp_off_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: Land_PowerLine_01_pole_small_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: Land_PowerLine_01_pole_tall_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: Land_PowerLine_01_pole_transformer_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: Plane_Civil_01_base_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion[XEH]: B_CTRG_Miller_F does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: expansion
  • Like 3

Now I am getting an error  " userconfig\cba\settings.sqf not found "

• Like 6

Hey guys! Quick bug posting of sorts with Apex out. When CBA is active the new optics aren't available on the older guns, but without it loaded they are fine. (not sure if this is what you meant by "ghost optics" in the changelog, but the error persists ) Love what you guys do! 

That I am too.

• Like 1

Please upload RPT files if you have an error. We cannot provide help without those.

I cannot download from this site. Can you pick a different file hoster?

Same here