vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

could someone help me with an error im getting after installing cba with cup packs

"x;
} forEach configProperties [_x >> format ["Extended_%1_EventHandlers", _event] >> _className, "isText _x"];
} forEach [config"

@DedFusion

I answered you on the issue tracker. You have to update your battle eye filters. I never used battle eye, so I can't help you there.

Nothing we can do. It's the server owners responsibility to do that.

Nothing other than the vanilla, included missions.

im haveing the same issue as Tuskegree_99th, CBA shows up red in the mod list and either i get kicked or when i get to the load character stage it freezes on load screen..... i got into the game once after verifying arma3 via steam, deleting all traces of cba on my machine and dedicated server and re-uploaded them using steam versions, deleted my mpmission cache, restarted my computer and done an automatic repair of files on my dedi server, but after logging off and then coming back to my machine to join the server again same problems happen, i then restart the server and try all the steps as before but this time it is not working, all this only started happening after arma and cba update, haven't changed anything else.....i would tag my rpt file but my server providers seemed to have removed the option to view them?, ill have to email them.

but yah basically, server and my machine exactly the same version/mod files, exactly the same keys (ie zipped and uploaded cba folder from my machine to the server), but cba comes up red in mod list and i get kicked....

on a side note i did go ahead and check the mod keys and it verified them as 'no errors', so seems the keys are good, i really dont know whats going on here?

just turned BE signature check off (ie verifysignatures = 0) and was able to join the server no problems, i definitely think theres something wrong witht hose keys?

just turned BE signature check off (ie verifysignatures = 0) and was able to join the server no problems, i definitely think theres something wrong witht hose keys?

Yes that works for me as well. But, of course, I don't want to run my server that way. I need to be able to control what is and isn't allowed on the server.

Yes that works for me as well. But, of course, I don't want to run my server that way. I need to be able to control what is and isn't allowed on the server.

See: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/?p=3041773

Keys seem to work fine. No error can be reproduced when handling the keys correctly.

Having the same issue here with the newest CBA version..shows red in the Mod list and I get booted. Checked and re-checked keys and Mod and everything is the same for client and server.

Diesel

• Like 1

Exactly the problem, even with a fresh install of the server and client and the only mod installed being CBA, and, this only happened with this latest update of CBA 2.4.1.160606. All previous versions that I ever used where fine.

• Like 1

CBA 2.4.1 and its keys work fine for me. You must have something else wrongly configured.

Hi commy2,

Thanks for you attention. So I added -checkSignatures to both the server and my client machine, then connected to the server and loaded all the way into a mission. I don't get kicked, but CBA_A3 is still red in the mods list. The RPT from the server indicates that all CBA files passed. My client machine didn't generate a new RPT file at all. So it looks like on the server, at least, CBA is fine so I just wonder why it's still showing red. Any thanks again and if you have any ideas please let me know.

UPDATE: So the reason there was no RPT on my client machine is because I had -nologs. So I enabled logging and the RPT showed that CBA passed on my client machine as well. So I have no idea why it's showing up red.

BTW these tests were with only CBA as the only active mod. And when I do activate any of my other mods they are green.

Hey Commy2, are you guys or Robalo already messing with (I mean...updating) ASDG JR to include APEX weapons and accessories or will wait for stable branch on 11th July official release? I know, it´s still WIP material meanwhile and so... but it´s a shame to see all those new toys without any light/laser or scopes... just suppressors and bipods working right now =P

Take your time guys, probably the APEX will change a lot of bits and bolts under the "surface" of Arma3 that most of us, end users, never dream of lol... btw, bipods and suppressors are still compactible because there wasn´t no new addition to them (except for camo´ed versions) or Joint Muzzle part of ASDG JR that wasn´t affected by the updates? Just curious =)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey Commy2, are you guys or Robalo already messing with (I mean...updating) ASDG JR to include APEX weapons and accessories or will wait for stable branch on 11th July official release? I know, it´s still WIP material meanwhile and so... but it´s a shame to see all those new toys without any light/laser or scopes... just suppressors and bipods working right now =P

Take your time guys, probably the APEX will change a lot of bits and bolts under the "surface" of Arma3 that most of us, end users, never dream of lol... btw, bipods and suppressors are still compactible because there wasn´t no new addition to them (except for camo´ed versions) or Joint Muzzle part of ASDG JR that wasn´t affected by the updates? Just curious =)

Cheers!

I'll make sure to update JR for APEX ahead of release using a dev/rc build.

• Like 5

Hi commy2,

Thanks for you attention. So I added -checkSignatures to both the server and my client machine, then connected to the server and loaded all the way into a mission. I don't get kicked, but CBA_A3 is still red in the mods list. The RPT from the server indicates that all CBA files passed. My client machine didn't generate a new RPT file at all. So it looks like on the server, at least, CBA is fine so I just wonder why it's still showing red. Any thanks again and if you have any ideas please let me know.

UPDATE: So the reason there was no RPT on my client machine is because I had -nologs. So I enabled logging and the RPT showed that CBA passed on my client machine as well. So I have no idea why it's showing up red.

BTW these tests were with only CBA as the only active mod. And when I do activate any of my other mods they are green.

I'm scratching my head here, wondering what it could be...

• On the server, in the Keys folder, do you have any other .bikey files other than a3.bikey and cba_2.4.1.160606.bikey?
  • If so, is one of the other keys one of the older CBA .bikey files? (Try removing it)
  • Is the server a Windows or Linux server?
  • If Windows server, is the server installation from the dedicated server package (Steam/Library/Tools/Arma 3 Server, not a full client installation from Steam/Library/Games/Arma 3)?
  • Are you on the stable (1.60) branch or one of the devel/RC branches or perhaps the old 1.58 branch?
  • Is the server and client on the same branch (for example, the normal, stable  branch)?

we had issues with a key from PW6. Just ensure you're ONLY using the most recent CBA key that comes with the mod. Check to see there are no legacy or PW6 keys on the server by mistake :-)

• Like 1

I'm scratching my head here, wondering what it could be...

• On the server, in the Keys folder, do you have any other .bikey files other than a3.bikey and cba_2.4.1.160606.bikey?
  • If so, is one of the other keys one of the older CBA .bikey files? (Try removing it)
  • Is the server a Windows or Linux server?
  • If Windows server, is the server installation from the dedicated server package (Steam/Library/Tools/Arma 3 Server, not a full client installation from Steam/Library/Games/Arma 3)?
  • Are you on the stable (1.60) branch or one of the devel/RC branches or perhaps the old 1.58 branch?
  • Is the server and client on the same branch (for example, the normal, stable  branch)?

Hi Killswitch,

Normally, yes there are other .bikeys, for other mods. But I've tested with only the a3.bikey and the cba_2.4.1.160606 bikeys with the same result, CBA_A3 is red

I'm very good about removing old .bikeys when updating mods. So, no, there is only ever one CBA bikey, the latest

The server is rented from Gameservers.com so I don't know if it's Linux or Windows and it's whatever installation they use, I'll find out.

It's 1.60 stable branch on both the server and the client. And it's the same for all of the members of my group, CBA_A3 is red.

I've had this happen once with CUP_Weapons, the CUP devs couldn't figure it out either and mentioned that the red/green indicators in the browser are unreliable. But, with the next update of CUP_Weapons it was fixed.

• Like 1

red/green indicators in the browser are unreliable

They are indeed unreliable, if you can join without errors then there is no issue.

They are indeed unreliable, if you can join without errors then there is no issue.

Thanks jonpas,

That's the second report that they are unreliable from two established devs. I'm going to go with that and put this to bed.

Just a thought, if someone that isnt haveing this issue could look up your server via in game server list and see if they are getting a red dot beside cba, if they dont it could rule out the server having the wrong/bad keys etc (as not everyone is haveing this issue), then in theory it may be just client side, so your launcher/game is picking up other keys or something....just thought it could rule half the headache out? But i may be completly wrong

Or maybe those dots are just unreliable....

I'll make sure to update JR for APEX ahead of release using a dev/rc build.

Awesome already aware of this. I mistakenly reported this to ACE3 forgetting that JR was a part of CBA now.

Isn't it already in? Afaik it was integrated together with JR. We've run without seperate ASDG J*whatever* since then and muzzles work fine.

Edit: Ninja'd