vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

CBA v2.4.0 Released

This release improves and expands the CBA Events system and brings compatibility with the Linux/MacOS build of the game.

Another goal was to simplify, refactor and clean up old code stemming from Arma 1/2 using new commands and methods, making CBA even more lightweight. For security reasons we changed CBA_fnc_globalExecute to use remoteExec internally and replaced all functions that made use of whitelisting via CfgRemoteExec. Our release now contains a meta.cpp file, so the Arma 3-Launcher should be able to detect and update a manual installation via Steam Workshop.

For detailed release notes and known issues see GithHub - CBA_A3 Release v2.4.0.160530

• Like 6

a3_boat_F_Hello Guys.

After recently updating the game today Im getting various error messages such as

'AiA_Core' requires addon A3_Air_F_Gamma_UAV_01

You cannot play / edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted

a3_boat_F_sdv_01 

(I did previously installed the all in arma pack a good few months ago.)

Many thanks 

Ok. This thread is about CBA for Arma 3, not the unsupported AiA addon collection. Please look at the CUP project, which is the continuation of AiA.

I just created bug 76612 on the tracker. I've been seeing this popup error all day that is driving me mad, 'author/' is not a value, and I can't find anyone else reporting it yet. Can't repro the error in vanilla, but running only CBA it occurs. Seems I have to put down a unit with the CBA logo next to it, then hit save or preview. I updated to v2.4.0 and still get the error. The CBA logo has appeared next to a handful of vanilla units for quite some time now, which is odd in itself.

author.jpg

• Like 1

I get the author/ is not a value error also which is coinciding with:

'...ault = false;
private_default = _hash |# |select3;
if (isNill "_default") then {
...'
file x\cba\addons\hashes\fnc_hashSet.sqf, line 17
Error zero divisor

I get the author/ is not a value error also which is coinciding with:

'...ault = false;
private_default = _hash |# |select3;
if (isNill "_default") then {
...'
file x\cba\addons\hashes\fnc_hashSet.sqf, line 17
Error zero divisor

For the author thing read this.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T116872

For the script error, update alive.

• Like 1

Lots of great fixes to CBA. Thanks very much guys!

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the ongoing work in making CBA even cleaner and more functional. It's not as sexy as other mods, but NOTHING we play (well, 99%?) would work (well or at all) without this mod.

hi may have found a clue to causes of this error message ('author/' is not a value) it seems related to CBA and some of arma 3 items like (MetalBarrel_burning_F,Land_MetalBarrel_empty_F) and few more items when saving and starting missions.thanks

hi may have found a clue to causes of this error message ('author/' is not a value) it seems related to CBA and some of arma 3 items like (MetalBarrel_burning_F,Land_MetalBarrel_empty_F) and few more items when saving and starting missions.thanks

In short mods have to be updated to use "authorS[]" instead of "author[]". Error shows because BI uses "author" as string while CBA uses it as array. CBA dev has already been changed to use "authorS[]" and vanilla "author".

• Like 4

hi may have found a clue to causes of this error message ('author/' is not a value) it seems related to CBA and some of arma 3 items like (MetalBarrel_burning_F,Land_MetalBarrel_empty_F) and few more items when saving and starting missions.thanks[/size]

I'm not sure if it's all CBA objects or not, but for instance, the burning fireplace causes this error and this error creates extra loading screens in ALiVE which I'm trying to determine whether other issues are being caused by.

I'd really love for this to get fixed.

I'd really love for this to get fixed.

Dude, we know exactly what's up. Just be patient. Also expect for this bug to be around for quite some time as probably 60%+ of all big mods are affected.

Dude, we know exactly what's up. Just be patient. Also expect for this bug to be around for quite some time as probably 60%+ of all big mods are affected.

Sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you and your team.

I've isolated this error (regardless of which mod is causing it) to causing issues with specific triggers which sucks because certain mods will never be updated anymore.

I'm just frustrated that BIS didn't make the old way legacy code. This is not a harmless error. I've been testing the effects of it for the last few hours.

I'll file a report on feedback tracker. It couldn't hurt although it's probably not considered a bug.

Hi CBA Team,

Can you see for doing an alternative file to disable this new functionnality :

=> ADDED: JM (Joint Muzzles) support for MX, Katiba, Rahim and Mk200 (#252, #281) robalo

Because of this modification, all the personnalisations I've made for BI weapons in muzzle slots are completely messed up.

An optionnal file to deactivate your modifications for those who don't want it should be really nice, considering the fact you've already done something like that for some optics on short rails and that everybody don't want theses modifications. And like many mods have dependencies for CBA and this mod brings many nice functionnalities, thinking about doing these kind of files as an optionnal and not as an obligation should be really great.

For example, if I want to use other suppressors than those defined in the file, I need to modify each rifles by class in my configuration files instead of just modifying the base weapons concerning the BI weapons. And there's an issue, if I don't want to integrate the BIS suppressors, it appear as a ghost item, visible in the muzzle accessories list but not on the model.

This problem appear since your last CBA update.

So, please, can you considering to bringing this last modification concerning the muzzles as an optionnal to avoid breaking the work from others ?

Thanks a lot.

PS : Making the modifications in the personnal configuration file permit personnalization of the muzzle accessories. This generate the "BIS Suppressors ghost accessory" issue describe up there, in other words, even defining the BIS muzzle accessories on "0" will let them visible.

PS2 : Actually, the only ways to don't see the BIS suppressors is to hide them with the "scope = 1" command. I've never ever had to do this before, so a fix for this should be great. Really. Thanks.

With the latest update (either CBA or A3 1.60) some random units (mostly civlians) and logic have CBA-dependencies in the editor which in turn adds a dependency for cba_xeh to any mission using those units. Is this intended behavior?

For example, if I want to use other suppressors than those defined in the file, I need to modify each rifles by class in my configuration files instead of just modifying the base weapons concerning the BI weapons. And there's an issue, if I don't want to integrate the BIS suppressors, it appear as a ghost item, visible in the muzzle accessories list but not on the model.

That is a bug with the Virtual Arsenal. Instead of searching for strange work-arounds, BI should fix that issue directly. It does not only affect your attachments.

• Like 1

With the latest update (either CBA or A3 1.60) some random units (mostly civlians) and logic have CBA-dependencies in the editor which in turn adds a dependency for cba_xeh to any mission using those units. Is this intended behavior?

No, but there is no way around that. It's what the new CfgPatches rework from BI does.

• Like 1

That is a bug with the Virtual Arsenal. Instead of searching for strange work-arounds, BI should fix that issue directly. It does not only affect your attachments.

That's not a Virtual Arsenal issue.

It's related to the last modifications inside CBA.

For the proof, when correcting the CBA file that add the lines that generate this issue, all is normal again.

You can test, and you'll see that when using a "cba_jr" PBO file with the corrected configuration file that remove the "class compatibleItems : compatibleItems" line in each rifles modified by the info I mentioned, all is well again.

Another thing that proove it is that only the rifles mentioned in the last modifications were impacted by this issue.

So, it's a CBA issue.

That's not a Virtual Arsenal issue.

It's related to the last modifications inside CBA.

For the proof, when correcting the CBA file that add the lines that generate this issue, all is normal again.

You can test, and you'll see that when using a "cba_jr" PBO file with the corrected configuration file that remove the "class compatibleItems : compatibleItems" line in each rifles modified by the info I mentioned, all is well again.

Another thing that proove it is that only the rifles mentioned in the last modifications were impacted by this issue.

So, it's a CBA issue.

You are wrong. :-)

There are two ways of defining an attachment as compatible. Vanilla Arma uses the "compatibleItems[]" <ARRAY>. You put all optics that should be compatible with the weapon into that array.

This is not very mod-friendly, because different mods cannot add optics to weapons of third party addons.

Therefore, BI introduced the alternative method of adding sub entries to a new CLASS that is also called "compatibleItems". By creating standard base classes other addons can add their optics in, ASDG Joint Rails and now CBA Joint Rails can create an easy way for third party mods to make their optics compatible with any other mod weapon.

Example: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/blob/master/addons/jr/cfgweapons.hpp#L296-L298

BI never uses this method, because they don't have to. The Virtual Arsenal does not understand this correctly since 1.58 (or 1.56 can't remember) and can show "ghost optics". There appear to be more optics in the Virtual Arsenal, but clicking those does nothing.

This is a bug in the Arsenals scripting. Only BI can fix that. The VA does not display the actual engine behaviour.

• Like 2

Actually, all I can see is that these lines, never used anywhere, cause issues and don't cause any issues when not used.

They're never ever been any issues before these lines added, and I already explore the configuration files from BI, and I've never see this way to do, so, for me, it's not an issue that can be let to BI responsability. If they don't use it, maybe there's a good reason ? So, why using it in CBA ? If CBA add theses lines that are not correctly supported, while BI don't use them, CBA cause the issue by adding these lines. It's logical.

So, maybe you think and said I'm wrong, but I don't invent anything, the fact is here, these lines, used in CBA, cause errors. And that's not the first time that BI introduce possibilities in their games and don't use them and wait to make them available later. For example, the jumping over obstacles animation exist since the first release but the action of jumping over while runing still use the walking one instead of the jumping one in older versions. It's integrated now.

So, no, I don't think I'm wrong.

BI don't use that way in their own configuration files and there's a good reason for that. And if you know that's not correctly supported by Arsenal, why using it ? Because now, that's a fact from my side, CBA with these lines used by CBA Team cause this error  :)

You should make these modifications as an alternative file in optionnal folder. Like that, this can avoid errors for those who just want to use the good old method that working without errors.

After that, I know that I don't have this issue with the previous versions of CBA and have it since the last update. CBA add these lines that, like you said, not already supported, so, CBA is the source of the issue. More exactly, the "cba_jr" file. Because this not a real global CBA issue. A really good mod and a good work on CBA by the way.

Well, I've reported this issue, I've tested and reported that it's coming from "cba_jr" file, after that, it's your choice.

You can take in consideration my report and the proofs I've done to you and correct it.

You can continue to said that I'm wrong even with the proofs that leads to this observation and conclusion and don't do anything and continuing to use lines that cause issues for all those who using CBA.

I personnaly think that the first solution is the better one, but, again, it's all your choice.

Another little thing, I've just share my idea and observation with some people I know that using CBA and encountering the same issue, and they finally get into the same conclusion. I've already asked to these people to make some researches on their sides and by their own ways, and they all have the same conclusion. CBA using lines that cause errors. Even if these lines are available.

Another final information, these lines was used to add a muzzle accessory that is already available by default in the original configuration files from BI, so... Why using it to add a muzzle accessory that is already available ? The only risk is that can cause a double in the accessory list and other errors like the "ghost" item I've report and you said coming from BI. But BI don't use it, so, it's not the case. All muzzles, pointers and optics was already added with the asdg_xx configurations. So, it's useless.

But, well, that's all I have to say. I can't do anything if you still thinking that adding these lines in this file that causing error is not coming from you even if these lines that causes this error was present only inside the files that CBA Team created. I should avoid reporting bugs and errors in the future if I only can see that we said me "It's not true, you're wrong, it's in your head, our mod use this thing and no other mods, but that's not our mod that causing this issue, even if there is only our mod that using this thing that cause errors, and BI should fix this because we want use it even if it's not ready to be used yet".

But I say that, I say nothing of course  ;)

Good continuation, and thanks again for theses nice mods.

>Actually, all I can see is that these lines, never used anywhere, cause issues and don't cause any issues when not used.

You are wrong. They are used by the engine to determine what attachments can be used on a weapon. Making these for Katiba & Co. was specifically requested by some addon makes to make their optics work with these weapons.

>They're never ever been any issues before these lines added, and I already explore the configuration files from BI, and I've never see this way to do, so, for me, it's not an issue that can be let to BI responsability.

But it is! The arsenal is displaying optics that are not compatible! Only BI can fix that issue, because they wrote the Arsenal script!

>If they don't use it, maybe there's a good reason ? So, why using it in CBA ? If CBA add theses lines that are not correctly supported, while BI don't use them, CBA cause the issue by adding these lines. It's logical.

>BI don't use that way in their own configuration files and there's a good reason for that. And if you know that's not correctly supported by Arsenal, why using it ?

Because they don't have to deal with third party optics being compatible with fourth party attachments. It's pretty easy to understand.

>For example, the jumping over obstacles animation exist since the first release but the action of jumping over while runing still use the walking one instead of the jumping one in older versions. It's integrated now.

Dude, you are kidding, right? You cannot jump in vanilla Arma. There is an animation, but it was KoffeinFlummi, who made that feature work back in AGM by replacing the vaulting animation while moving. I know this, because I am the maintainer of that component that is now in ACE3.

Here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/movement/CfgMoves.hpp#L34-L38

Now please don't say that these line are never used.

>So, no, I don't think I'm wrong.

Yes, you are! And I explained this as good as I can.

>You can continue to said that I'm wrong even with the proofs that leads to this observation and conclusion and don't do anything and continuing to use lines that cause issues for all those who using CBA.

Your conclusions don't hold any water, because they are based on a lack of understanding of this subject. Sorry. Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, regardless of all this, we are always searching for the best solutions to compatibilty problems like this. Having wrong attachments displayed in the Virtual Arsenal is a really minor thing and currently no good solution is found to circumvent it. If you have any idea, feel free to open a pull request. Additional optional files are a really poor solution for a problem like this, because the bug could one day be solved by other means, and then we have a completely useless optional file to maintain that had no reason to exist in the first place, except for some aesthetic reasons.

• Like 2

CBA v2.4.1 HOTFIX Released

This is a hotfix release to resolve issues in 2.4.0.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• CHANGED: Help module will display pretty name of addons if available (#365) commy2
  • FIXED: Capitalization of paths referenced in preprocessing (#343) Killswitch
  • FIXED: 'author/' is not a value; Note: Many other mods still cause the same issue (#345) commy2
  • FIXED: Addon cba_ui requires addon a3_ui_f_data causing problems with Linux/MacOS ports (#346, #357) ViperMaul
  • FIXED: XEH preInit no longer executed after returning from 3DEN after 1.60 hotfix (#349, #350) commy2
  • FIXED: meta.cpp file was lost in limbo (#354) bux578, Killswitch
  • FIXED: XEH broken on Taru Pods (#355, #358) commy2
  • FIXED: Placing certain units in 3den-Editor would create a dependency for Extended Event Handlers (#365) commy2
  • FIXED: Broken optional parameters handling in CBA_fnc_taskPatrol(#360) Wired-Tiger
  • FIXED: Locality and parameter quoting issue in CBA_fnc_searchNearby (#366) Cuel

Change log for CBA v2.4.1

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The old keybinding bug. Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. While the script error was fixed, we are still working on a solution to make even corrupted profile key entries appear.
    The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.
  • A potential crash on missions longer than 5 hrs. RPT logs are appreciated.

Hosted at the following:

• Like 5