vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

CBA v2.3.0 Released

This release is to support Arma v1.54 or later.

This release brings with it a major rewrite of XEH and now automatically detects if event handlers were added to incompatible object classes and handles them. It also fixes a number of issues and adds keybinding support for the Zeus user interface.

NOTES ON THE NEW XEH:

Interesting changes for normal user:

• no longer needs to move cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo manually. CBA now automatically detects if event handlers were added to incompatible object classes.
  • less overhead when objects are created (which benefits AI spawn scripts)
  • very slight overall performance increase

for developers:

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

FIXED: High zoom optics broken on all LMGs (#159) robalo
FIXED: CBA keybinds did not work in the Zeus interface (#206) commy2
FIXED: CBA_fnc_splitString broken in A3 1.54 (#209, #210), PabstMirror, Killswitch
FIXED: Support configNull and teamMemberNull in CBA_fnc_findNull (#212) commy2
FIXED: CBA_fnc_findMin was broken (#257, #207) commy2
FIXED: CBA_fnc_formatNumber decimals with negative numbers (#214) PabstMirror
FIXED: CBA_fnc_selectWeapon broken (#219)
FIXED: CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandlers for units that spawn inside vehicles (#221) commy2
FIXED: Various issues with CBA per-frame handlers (#230, #236) commy2
FIXED: Many other performance improvements and bug fixes.
IMPROVED: Extended Event Handler system rewritten commy2
ADDED: CBA_fnc_isPerson and CBA_fnc_canUseWeapon (#219) commy2
ADDED: CBA_fnc_createNamespace and CBA_fnc_deleteNamespace (#260) commy2

Change log for CBA_A3 Milestone v2.3

Hosted at the following:

Known Issues:

• The old keybinding bug, where you can't find a keybind in the menu and get a script error on mission start. See bug #258
    Workaround:  is to create a new profile (and to only use the latest CBA) a
    nd the potential crash on missions longer than 5 hrs. no idea if these still happen.
  • Like 4

I updated to 1.54 and CBA 2.3.0 at the time and struggling to disable this debugging window whenever I load up a mission using the Eden editor.. No idea which is causing it :/

VPoE17g.jpg

Is there some reason that CBA is not showing up on STEAM?  I get an error saying it is hidden or I may not have permission to view it on the workshop.
I had to remove mine for an issue and trying to get it now, but STEAM won't let me.

I updated to 1.54 and CBA 2.3.0 at the time and struggling to disable this debugging window whenever I load up a mission using the Eden editor.. No idea which is causing it :/

VPoE17g.jpg

What is gac_JSDF? The current version of Arma is 1.56. Please post the RPT file.

Is there some reason that CBA is not showing up on STEAM?  I get an error saying it is hidden or I may not have permission to view it on the workshop.

I had to remove mine for an issue and trying to get it now, but STEAM won't let me.

Same here, and for others in my group.

Probably some new STEAM Workshop Terms & Conditions requirement. I will investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Probably some new STEAM Terms & Conditions requirement. I will investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Seems to be fixed now!

Hey,

When you guys rewrote the new XEH - did you guys intentionally change Extended_Fired_EventHandlers to be identical with Extended_FiredBIS_EventHandlers?

I know that nowadays you're supposed to use FiredBIS and you have the whole background story about the differences, but I had some old (2013) mod running in my community's modpack that still used Extended_Fired_EventHandlers and I now noticed a shit ton of errors regarding the 5th parameter (used to be projectile object, is now magazine string).

I've modified the mod now for the time being, but it's very possible that other mods are affected by this.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

CBA v2.3.1 HOTFIX Released

This is a hotfix release to resolve some issue created by v2.3.0
It also has some other minor fixes and features included that didn't make the previous release.
One cool new feature is an improvement to the debug console within 3den. The extended debug console increases the size of the text box where you enter code. And also add's the prev and next statement functionality. A small performance boost comes with this hotfix as well.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY:

• ADDED: XEH DisplayLoad and DisplayUnload event handlers (#264) commy2
  • FIXED: Wrong order of arguments in Extended_Fired_EventHandlers (#266) (#267) commy2
  • FIXED: Conflict between CBA Events and Help prevents mission from loading (#244) commy2
  • FIXED: Potential script error on mission start (#258) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Performance improvements in Help module (#265) commy2
  • IMPROVED: Delay installing PlayerActions PFEH until first use (#262) PabstMirror
  • IMPROVED: replace PUSH() Macro with pushback (#247) johoko482

Change log for CBA v2.3.1

Hosted at the following:

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The old keybinding bug. Some CBA keybinds might not appear in the controls menu. While the script error was fixed, we are still working on a solution to make even corrupted profile key entries appear.
    The easiest currently known workaround is to create a new user profile.
  • A potential crash on missions longer than 5 hrs. RPT logs are appreciated.
  • Like 2

Just a heads up for anyone using ALiVE, the latest version of this (including the hotfix) messes around with ALiVE missions and can break ALiVE persistence. Looks like it's something to do with the order in which things are loaded. With version 2.2, ALiVE works correctly. The ALiVE devs are working on a fix now. In the meantime, you can revert using WithSix.

See this thread. 

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4vtg73nnskcuyg/image.jpeg?dl=0

For anyone curious about the ALiVE issue, the related thread is in regards to the error in this photo. The link Incontinentia posted also has steps to repro the issue too.

Again, the ALiVE devs are on it but I definitely don't see the harm in making the CBA team aware of the issue as well.

reaching out for a hand

I am getting this error on game start. It's not preventing me from playing but I like to keep things clean.

Intitial game start=

No entry'bin\config.bin/CFGWeapons.optic_mas_zeiss.'

proceed to map view in the start process=
'bin\Config.bin/CFGWeapons.muzzle_mas_snds_M'.
No entry'bin\config.bin\CFGWeapons.optics_mas_zeiss'.
No entry'bin\config.bin/CFGWeapons.optic_mas_zeiss'.

Arma 3    v1.56.134627

CBA V2.3.1.160220 mod active, only, thus the post here. Starting Arma with zero mods yields no errors.

Please advise if something shows in the error that warrants posting elsewhere.

Thanks for helping

reaching out for a hand

I am getting this error on game start. It's not preventing me from playing but I like to keep things clean.

Intitial game start=

No entry'bin\config.bin/CFGWeapons.optic_mas_zeiss.'

proceed to map view in the start process=

'bin\Config.bin/CFGWeapons.muzzle_mas_snds_M'.

No entry'bin\config.bin\CFGWeapons.optics_mas_zeiss'.

No entry'bin\config.bin/CFGWeapons.optic_mas_zeiss'.

Arma 3    v1.56.134627

CBA V2.3.1.160220 mod active, only, thus the post here. Starting Arma with zero mods yields no errors.

Please advise if something shows in the error that warrants posting elsewhere.

Thanks for helping

optic_mas is not from CBA. You should post the RPT file, otherwise we can't help you. Thanks.

That's not CBA but massi's weapon pack related. "noentryconfig.bin" yadda yadda is a config error on the modder's, not CBA's part.

Issue resolved

I had recently downloaded quite a few mods to use in Ravage/ROADS. One of them as others have eluded to could (most likely) was one of Massi'e weapons mods. One of them had instructions to place 'PBO's in the Addons folder. For one reason or another I removed the weapons pack but the game was still seeing the PBO's, not knowing what to do, thus the errors.

@commy2

Your answer was the nudge I needed to head in the right direction. For another unkown reason I had disabled logging in the launcher. Once I re-enabled it I got different warning on startup stating that ASDG Jointrails requires addon/massi's weapons pack (do not remember exact words). So I looked in the Addons (at least now I knew where to look!) folder and there was the two entries that the error was referring to. Proceeded to delete and all is well.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Im having this same problem please help

thanks

Greg

Hi guys,

I have problems getting this mod to work on the latest version of Arma3.

Once the game starts and this mod is enabled (disabling the mod immediately clears the issue) I get Addon 'cba_jr' requires addon 'A3Data'

I use the BI launcher to activate the mod.

I tried to install the mod through stream WS as well as manual (add local mod) but both give me the same error.

Any advice?

Thanks

Im having this same problem please help

thanks

Greg

You have to use the latest version of Arma (1.56). The Linux client is not supported, simply because it's running on a very old patch.

If that is not your issue, then please post the RPT file, so we can further investigate.