vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

I think the first step would be finding the right RPT file. I don't know how these .zip files are generated, but they don't seem right to me.

RPTs located in the appdata user folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Arma 3

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

I only need the most recent one. The one were you started the game without addons and crashed while loading the mission.

I think the first step would be finding the right RPT file. I don't know how these .zip files are generated, but they don't seem right to me.

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Arma 3

I only need the most recent one. The one were you started the game without addons and crashed while loading the mission.

Cool. I'll take a look.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if this may not be in some part user error. I don't mean I don't have an issue (I do when using mods, launching LAN, and with my mission in the MP Mission folder in My Documents). But when not using any mods trying to troubleshoot this, I don't actually have a vanilla mission in my MP folder.

Am I making sense?

I'm just launching the game with no mods, clicking multiplayer, clicking LAN and then ok. Then immediately get greeted with this error message and a CTD.

Do I actually need a mission in my My Documents/MP Missions folder to test this? I don't think I have any vanilla MP Missions.

Sorry for the dumb question. I've never used LAN before. This all started when I was trying to edit my mission in the MP editor (someone told me it was better than using the SP editor). That's when all this crap started to happen. First with my mods enabled, then without for troubleshooting purposes.

Here you go: http://pastebin.com/Gv172mEk

I'm not only getting the CBA error on the crash, but when BIS wants to generate my crash dump, it also says "Unable to INIT DXGI."

No mods. This rpt is from my appdata/local/ARMA3 folder.

I also tried that workaround I mentioned (deleting the modlauncher stuff from my documents) and that unfortunately didn't work either.

I don't see any crash in there. The game just stops writing. Weird.

Please also delete this file: Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Campaigns\dfa.pbo

It doesn't belong there...

I think it's not CBA's place to change the use of certain scopes on the LMG's. I'm not using this mod as long as this is integrated. Sad that this prevents me from using other mods for sound etc. but in my opinion CBA should not make this a forced option, if it was a choice I could understand but this stuff should not be in a "support" mod that is required for a **** load of other mods. 

Here you go: http://pastebin.com/Gv172mEk

I'm not only getting the CBA error on the crash, but when BIS wants to generate my crash dump, it also says "Unable to INIT DXGI."

No mods. This rpt is from my appdata/local/ARMA3 folder.

I also tried that workaround I mentioned (deleting the modlauncher stuff from my documents) and that unfortunately didn't work either.

From piecing together what you write in the other thread, the crash/CBA-related error message occurs when you try to start a hosted MP game.

See https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187264-include-file-xcbaaddonsmainscript-macroshpp-not-found/#entry2965649 for a possible solution to this.

@Imperium: the issue is being worked on and CBA will be changed to behave like vanilla.

Robalo, i noticed that all the weapons except the MX have JM setups, is that intentional? If so then cool as I'm starting to mess with the MX a bit and was wondering as I'd like to use my suppressors on it instead of the monster one that BIS has.

If there are no real plans then I'll just tweak my files to use your original work only with the JM support (MX entries only).

I'm trying to load CBA 2.2 on Linux client, which is 1.42 at the moment. I'm getting a lot of syntax errors in RPT, like:

params ["_unit","_item"];
if (typeName _unit !=>
 8:51:31   Error position: <["_unit","_item"];
if (typeName _unit !=>
 8:51:31   Error Missing ;
 8:51:31 File x\cba\addons\common\fnc_addMagazine.sqf, line 11
 8:51:31 Error in expression < 'cba\common\addMagazine';

I looked up fnc_addMagazine.sqf and the code there seems absolutely fine.

What can be the problem?

Thanks.

CBA requires latest version of Arma, Linux version is not supported. The reason you are getting the errors is due to missing commands in the old version most likely.

Robalo, i noticed that all the weapons except the MX have JM setups, is that intentional? If so then cool as I'm starting to mess with the MX a bit and was wondering as I'd like to use my suppressors on it instead of the monster one that BIS has.

If there are no real plans then I'll just tweak my files to use your original work only with the JM support (MX entries only).

Sounds like bug/conflict on your side ? Try with CBA only. MX's have JR slots configured too.

EDIT: oh wait, you said JM... checking... yes I must've had a good reason for not adding/changing the muzzle slots for the MX's, but I have to remember...

Yeah ASDG functions are good to go, but checking it showed no JM support.

Done, I'll just keep my mini config out of my mod and wait for the next update, thanks :)

Hi,

does someone know if it is possible to limit the hearing range of CBA_fnc_globalSay3D?

At the moment I am using the command playSound3D to play a radio sound, which is able to limit the hearing range,

but the problem is that the music is not in sync between the clients.

When a client joins the music always starts at the beginning.

I think I am looking for something like CBA_fnc_playSound3D but this command does not exist in CBA.

At the moment I am using the command playSound3D to play a radio sound, which is able to limit the hearing range,

but the problem is that the music is not in sync between the clients.

What do you mean by "not synched between clients"?

The syntax is in the functions header and looks like this:

[player, "Alarm01",500] call CBA_fnc_globalSay3d;

What do you mean by "not synched between clients"?

I want to use a radio to play music in the FOB at mission start.

For example a 1 hour long music file.

When somone connects to the server, the file always starts at the beginning.

So the clients all hear different music because they are not in the same "position" of the music file.

That is not possible with any command as far as I know. There is also nothing we could provide for this case. I suggest making a feature request on the BI feedback tracker.

wups, misspost, sorry . )

keep up the good work!

hi, I browsed the CBA dev page but couldn't find an answer to this question. I'm probably not looking in the right place.

Is there a global variable that tells me if CBA is loaded? It'd be so useful to know as then I can accommodate CBA and non-CBA environments.

thanks!

In missions:

!isNil "cba_common"

In case you want to check outside of missions (e.g. main menu, editor, preStart etc.):

isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "cba_common")

In missions:

!isNil "cba_common"

In case you want to check outside of missions (e.g. main menu, editor, preStart etc.):

isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "cba_common")

Cheers, thanks for the answer.

Hi guys,

I have problems getting this mod to work on the latest version of Arma3.

Once the game starts and this mod is enabled (disabling the mod immediately clears the issue) I get Addon 'cba_jr' requires addon 'A3Data'

I use the BI launcher to activate the mod.

I tried to install the mod through stream WS as well as manual (add local mod) but both give me the same error.

Any advice?

Thanks

• Like 1

Please upload RPT.

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Arma 3