vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Our server has just crashed, cause was a 40 Gbyte rpt file.

http://pastebin.com/T7mvwwd1That's a small part of it. Is this a know issue, or a known conflict with another mod?

Our server has just crashed, cause was a 40 Gbyte rpt file.

http://pastebin.com/T7mvwwd1That's a small part of it. Is this a know issue, or a known conflict with another mod?

Can you link that mission? For some reason it tried to add over a million PFHs.

I'll ask the mission creator. I sent the mission via private msg to commy2

Edit:

I am sorry to bother you again, but I can't find the source of the following error:

17:23:52 Error in expression <Back +_data;
_args pushBack _x;
_result = _args call _code;

if (isNil "_result">
17:23:52   Error position: <= _args call _code;

if (isNil "_result">
17:23:52   Error Generic error in expression
17:23:52 File x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf, line 69
17:23:56 Error in expression <Back +_data;
_args pushBack _x;
_result = _args call _code;

if (isNil "_result">
17:23:56   Error position: <= _args call _code;

if (isNil "_result">
17:23:56   Error Generic error in expression
17:23:56 File x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf, line 69
17:23:57 [2756,59.737,7.17,"x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf:176","WARNING: Nil result from handler."]
17:23:58 [2802,60.493,7.921,"x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf:176","WARNING: Nil result from handler."]
17:24:02 [3045,64.477,11.872,"x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf:176","WARNING: Nil result from handler."]

The key bind is set properly, but as soon as I press the key this error message pops up.(Function is still called) I add the key as follows:

["Revo's Mine Detector","key_insertBattery","Insert Battery",{call Revo_fnc_insertBattery},{},[DIK_F8,[false,true,false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;

Strange  thing is, I also add other key binds that why which all work flawlessly. I also wiped out the registry by using:

profileNamespace setVariable ["cba_keybinding_registrynew", nil]; saveProfileNamespace;

without success.

Full RPT: http://pastebin.com/bGZVDHyh

Any help is apprechiated.

The warnings can be removed by setting the key down handler to an empty string "" instead of an empty code snippet {}:

["Revo's Mine Detector","key_insertBattery","Insert Battery",{call Revo_fnc_insertBattery},"",[DIK_F8,[false,true,false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;

Next, the errors appear to be due to Revo_fnc_insertBattery - try calling that function like this in the editor debug console:

tmp = call Revo_fnc_insertBattery

The last line of Revo_fnc_insertBattery is an integer assignment of this form:

Revo_mD_batteryTime = 20;

If I add this to the end of the function, the errors disappear:

nil

:huh:

Thanks for your help killswitch. Issue is solved now, even if I don't really get what it was. Calling the function through debug console works fine, so does calling the function through the ACE interaction menu.

Thanks for your help killswitch. Issue is solved now, even if I don't really get what it was. Calling the function through debug console works fine, so does calling the function through the ACE interaction menu.

Functions called by the keyhandler expect a boolean return value. true for overwriting normal input, false for not overwriting it.

We were analyzing the server crash and the crash happened after over 4 hours. It looks like some addon tried to remove over 60 per frame handlers in the same frame, so I assume it also added 60 of them in one frame. There is a limit to how large arrays can be (one million elements) and that means that you can only add one million per frame handlers total per mission. (one million total, not only at a time).

While this seems like a limitation it actually shouldn't come into play ever. A million still means that you can add one per frame handler every frame with 60 FPS for over 4 hours.

It seems like some addon you use uses per frame handlers in a unreasonable way. Or someone made a mistake when using the debug console. The mission you send me had no per frame handlers.

Hi.

I need help with extended eventhadler.

Could someone please say me what i am doing wrong?

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers    {	

class Civilian_F {

class CAManBase {

init = "(_this select 0) call INS_fnc_ckcivEH";

};
	};
};

INS_fnc_ckcivEH

if (!hasInterface || isServer) then {

_this addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled", 
{
	params ["_cvictim", "_ckiller"];
	if (player isEqualTo _cKiller) then 
	{
		if (vehicle _ckiller isEqualTo vehicle _cvictim) exitWith {};

[] spawn  INS_fnc_ckMP;
	};
}];	
};

Why this is not working?

This is how it has to be done. No idea why you wrote CAManBase there. You already defined your class as Civilian(_F). The other one has to be your event handlers name.

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
    class Civilian {
        class INS_cvck {
            init = "systemChat str _this; diag_log _this;";
        };
    };
};

You can replace your init line with the code below to make sure your function is defined when the init event handlers are ran:

init = "diag_log isNil INS_fnc_ckcivEH";

It has to write "false" into your RPT otherwise your function is undefined.

CBA_A3 currently preventing certain VAS items to load upon "loading" a saved loadout. Is there a fix for this? The problem is on a dedicated server and singleplayer. When this mod is turned off then the issue is fixed so it's definitely CBA_A3.

When this mod is turned off then the issue is fixed so it's definitely CBA_A3.

Invalid logic. You should upload a RPT so I can take a look.

I have a mod that uses a postInit XEH and I'm trying to figure out where it falls in the order of inits.

It seems like in single player, it gets called after functions with the postInit attribute, which is what I would expect.  In multiplayer though it gets called after object inits but before modules.

Is this the intended behavior?  I was expecting postInit would run after modules at least.

XEH postInit is executed after objects are initialized. Nothing else is guaranteed (even in SP), because the Arma 3 event scripts (including the modules) run in a different VM in sheduled environment and can therefore be delayed indefinitely.

XEH postInit is different from Arma postInit.

• Like 1

CBA_A3 currently preventing certain VAS items to load upon "loading" a saved loadout. Is there a fix for this? The problem is on a dedicated server and singleplayer. When this mod is turned off then the issue is fixed so it's definitely CBA_A3.

Needed: description of the exact steps to reproduce this. What "certain items"? Submit a mission file that works fine with vanilla A3 but not with CBA and describe *exactly* how to reproduce the issue.

I have a big big problem with MOCAP Melee mod, i cant use it's custom keys.

i've went to configure->controls->keyboard->configure addons and then in addon: there is nothing, how i can add mocap mod in the addon: i have absolutely no idea i cant play the mod without having keybinds in addon, btw there is no cba in addon: too, even when i have both of them installed.

I have a big big problem with MOCAP Melee mod, i cant use it's custom keys.

Please upload a RPT file of a game session where you try to change the keys.

We will investigate. Thank you for the RPT file.

Needed: description of the exact steps to reproduce this. What "certain items"? Submit a mission file that works fine with vanilla A3 but not with CBA and describe *exactly* how to reproduce the issue.

I have also had this issue lately. It seems to only affect facegear like glasses, wraps, et cetera.

I'm going to cross post this here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187264-include-file-xcbaaddonsmainscript-macroshpp-not-found/?p=2964739

I'm having an issue with a CBA related error even when launching the vanilla game with no mods enabled when trying to launch LAN.

Is anyone familiar with the cause of this?

So you are starting a mission without any mods (not even CBA) and you get this pop up error:

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found

Correct?

You posted multiple RPTs. Which one do I have to look at?

The most recent report is launching with absolutely no mods enabled in the launcher.

So you are starting a mission without any mods (not even CBA) and you get this pop up error:

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found

Correct?

You posted multiple RPTs. Which one do I have to look at?

Sorry not to specify which report to look at. The one with the newest timestamp would be this error happening with absolutely no mods enabled.

To answer your question, yes. This error still happens when my launcher is launching no mods. No CBA. No mods at all, just vanilla.

Thanks for taking a look. I'm stumped and BIS hasn't assigned my case yet.

I guess this one? https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3q3kjsfjcgflo4/ArmaReport_Log_20160113T053544_RyanXLawrence.zip?dl=0

You said you have no mods enabled, but your start up line looks like this:

== "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nocontroller; -nosplash "-mod=C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@CBA_A3;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Spyder Addons;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@dfs_3rdperson;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ShackTac User Interface;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHSAFRF;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHSUSAF;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_weapons;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_vehicles;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_equipment;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_units;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Kunduz Afghanistan"

So either you actually had all these mods enabled or you posted the wrong RPT file.

I guess this one? https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3q3kjsfjcgflo4/ArmaReport_Log_20160113T053544_RyanXLawrence.zip?dl=0

You said you have no mods enabled, but your start up line looks like this:

== "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nocontroller; -nosplash "-mod=C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@CBA_A3;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Spyder Addons;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@dfs_3rdperson;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ShackTac User Interface;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHSAFRF;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHSUSAF;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_weapons;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_vehicles;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_equipment;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_units;C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Kunduz Afghanistan"

So either you actually had all these mods enabled or you posted the wrong RPT file.

That's the correct file. Inside the zip that BIS automatically generates after a crash, they like to include several reports (for some reason). I'm on my phone so I can't open the file to get the exact timestamp, but last night (or early this morning, rather) I replicated the crash with mods enabled, and then with mods disabled. Both should be included in the zip.

The one with the timestamp at around 1:30 AM - 2:30 AM this morning, is me replicating this error with absolutely no mods enabled. The one with the newest time stamp had absolutely no mods checked in the Steam launcher and I am 100% positive of this. If they are still showing, I suspect the possible "solution" I posted in the troubleshooting thread will work because the game is automatically loading mods, even when it tell it not to. Just a guess.

Also, if we suppose I was enabling mods (I wasn't. Not in the newest rpt), should this error really be happening regardless?

Thanks for taking a look. It means a lot man.

The one with the timestamp at around 1:30 AM - 2:30 AM this morning, is me replicating this error with absolutely no mods enabled.

The most recent RPT in that ZIP has this time stamp:

Current time:  2016/01/13 00:32:19

and has many mods enabled (as well as no recorded crash message).

The most recent RPT in that ZIP has this time stamp:

Current time:  2016/01/13 00:32:19

and has many mods enabled (as well as no recorded crash message).

Hmmm. I don't know. This is the zip file that gets generated after a crash.

I take it that's from 12:32 (and 19 seconds) AM this morning then? If so then that would indeed reflect a time in which I had mods enabled.

I wonder why it's not showing any error? I didn't actually play the game between 12:00 AM and 2:00 AM this morning. I spent that time reproducing the error under varying circumstances (once with normal mods for my mission, once when a buddy cleaned up a script for me, and twice with no mods enabled at all).

Long shot here, but do you know what the error message "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found" means? Can you point me in any direction?