vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Hello, can I get some help? I'd like to play the vanilla campaigns using Dragonfyre, and it requires CBA. is CBA compatible with the campaigns? In my first mission that companion dude got killed and I have no idea whether that is normal or not

Hello, can I get some help? I'd like to play the vanilla campaigns using Dragonfyre, and it requires CBA. is CBA compatible with the campaigns? In my first mission that companion dude got killed and I have no idea whether that is normal or not

Yes, CBA is compatible with the vanilla game, including the campaign. Phrased otherwise: we are not aware of any issues playing the campaign.

Move faster and shoot better, to keep the NPC alive. Good luck! :-)

Yes, CBA is compatible with the vanilla game, including the campaign. Phrased otherwise: we are not aware of any issues playing the campaign.

Move faster and shoot better, to keep the NPC alive. Good luck! :-)

Thanks. I thought it was incompatible, first time I tried using ASR AI. Got stuck in the end of the first mission, the NPC wouldn't move. (Just a small error or is ASR_AI incompatible with the campaign?)

Used then bCombat. He died, I thought he was essential (couldn't die).

I currently have a bunch of addons running including CBA and TFAR but the second I enable CBA all icons for mods on the menu turn black, the menu logo goes black and in the editor most icons are also black, what would cause this and how can I fix it?

No idea. Does this happen if you load Arma with only CBA?

I believe my CBA version is 1.08.140725 and I'm not getting the black screen... But when I try to update to the newest CBA I also get the black screen and Icons...

2015-09-03_00001_zpsaw6bk8wk.jpg

Edited to show what shouldn't be there.

I believe my CBA version is 1.08.140725 and I'm not getting the black screen... But when I try to update to the newest CBA I also get the black screen and Icons...

2015-09-03_00001_zpsaw6bk8wk.jpg

Edited to show what shouldn't be there.

That screenshot shows a game with CBA and another mod loaded. What mod is that?

Hi,

I have a little problem when i try to launch my ExilServer with @CBA_A3 [ Release branch from GitHub : CBA_A3 v2.0.0.150817] :

A lot of error spam in rpt server side only when i use CBA_A3

12:35:53 "param" <> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:53 "param" <> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:53 "param" <> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:53 "param" <> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:54 "param" <> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:54 "param" <> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:54 "param" <> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
12:35:54 "param" <> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.

My launch params :

-serverMod=@exileserver -mod="@CBA_A3;@exile;@mymod;@ace"

I try to desactivate one by one mod and i have this problem only when i use @CBA_A3

My server works fine with all mod and cba_a3... execpt a massive spam in .rpt

If someone can tell me how i can debug this :)

Thanks

This happens because a mission on the server has enabled functions logging in the description.ext. Enabling function logging also enables logging of the param and params commands, which CBA makes use of.

The solution to this is to disable function logging from the affected mission/missions.

• Like 1

This happens because a mission on the server has enabled functions logging in the description.ext. Enabling function logging also enables logging of the param and params commands, which CBA makes use of.

The solution to this is to disable function logging from the affected mission/missions.

Thanks it's works ! You Rocks :)

Probably asking a stupid question here, but as I understand I can delete asdg_jr, since it's now a part of CBA, however, what about asdg configs that came with another mod (In my case, massi and RH_M4's asdg config)? Can I delete them without issue as well?

Probably asking a stupid question here, but as I understand I can delete asdg_jr, since it's now a part of CBA, however, what about asdg configs that came with another mod (In my case, massi and RH_M4's asdg config)? Can I delete them without issue as well?

Those configs you talk about are the PLUGINS, those are STILL NEEDED or else the modded weapons which brought them in (as massis and RH as you´ve quoted) wont be ASDG JR compactible anymore =P

CBA just replaces the need for ASDG JR Core file, but the plugins will always be needed, except if BIS overhaul its entire attachments system...

cheers!

Ah I see, thanks! One more question regarding the 'asdg_jointrails_xtra.pbo' that came with the core asdg download, is it required, or can I safely remove it?

Yeah you can, it just adds toggleable crosshairs for the vanilla eotech and ACO sights, no big deal!

Cheers!

Ah I see, thanks! One more question regarding the 'asdg_jointrails_xtra.pbo' that came with the core asdg download, is it required, or can I safely remove it?

That one remains separate from the core JR so you can still use it. Just make sure to grab latest version from dev-heaven.

What it does is not what corporal_lib[br] thinks (confused it with asdg_mrtaco) but it changes the .45 suppressor to use the silencerco osprey model and changes the suppressor coefficients overall.

I should probably change it's name as it doesn't even relate much to joint rails anymore. Here's the source.

CBA v2.1.1 Released

This release is to support 1.50 or later.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

• FIXED: RPT issue in PFH main Loop (#171) - Joko
  • FIXED: Bounds checking on removePFEH (#172) - PabstMirror
  • FIXED: MP waypoint duplication issue in the AI task functions - SilentSpike
  • FIXED: Restore equivalent position handling in taskDefend - SilentSpike
  • FIXED: script_macros_mission.hpp dcoumentation/comment - Glowbal

Change Log for CBA_A3 - Milestone v2.1.1

• FIXED: Keybinding Issue with Controllers connected - Joko
  • FIXED: Issues with perFrameEventHandlers - Joko
  • FIXED: Animal randomization issue causing RPT Spam Error in expression (#114) - robalo, killswitch
  • CHANGED: Improved PFH code Performance (#148, #152) - Joko
  • ADDED: Make use of the new joinString command in A3 1.50 enhancement - killswitch
  • ADDED: XEH support for SeatSwitched event handlers - killswitch
  • ADDED: Polish localization - gienkov
  • ADDED: 6 New Array Functions: CBA_fnc_findMax, CBA_fnc_findMin, CBA_fnc_findNil, CBA_fnc_findTypeName, CBA_fnc_findTypeOf and CBA_fnc_findNull (#131,#143) - Joko,mikematrix

Change Log for CBA_A3 - Milestone v2.1

Change Logs:

v2.1.1.151010

v2.1.0.151009

Hosted at the following:

Known Issues:
12 RPT Errors - Updating Base Class for ASDG Joint Rails (JR)

Hi. After update we got :

17:44:07 Error in expression <c;
_delta = diag_tickTime + _delay;

_x set [2, _delta];
};
};
};
} count cba_co>
17:44:07   Error position: <set [2, _delta];
};
};
};
} count cba_co>
17:44:07   Error general error in expression
17:44:07 File x\cba\addons\common\init_perFrameHandler.sqf, line 145

Can anyone motivate me to update to the latest CBA? Why should I ? Anything to gain in performance? 

Keep in mind I only play single player.-

Hi. After update we got :

17:44:07 Error in expression <c;
_delta = diag_tickTime + _delay;

_x set [2, _delta];
};
};
};
} count cba_co>
17:44:07   Error position: <set [2, _delta];
};
};
};
} count cba_co>
17:44:07   Error general error in expression
17:44:07 File x\cba\addons\common\init_perFrameHandler.sqf, line 145

Fixed in latest version 2.1.1, download that.

Can anyone motivate me to update to the latest CBA? Why should I ? Anything to gain in performance? 

Keep in mind I only play single player.-

Unless you also don't update your Arma 3, you should most definitely update CBA due to compatibility with latest Arma version. Next to that, mods might use things that CBA didn't have in previous versions (if you use other mods, if you don't then there is no point using CBA either). And yes, you can gain performance due to new commands added to Arma 3 which CBA is using.

Hi,

I want to bind a function (event) to a key using CBA, I set up CBA_fnc_addKeybind, default keybind is T. However, I want my event to trigger regardless of whether you're sprinting or not. Atm if I press T while holding shift and W (sprinting), it doesn't trigger. How do I make it trigger regardless of the modifier keys?  I'd like to avoid adding two different keybinds (e.g. shift+T and T)

Kind regards,

Sanchez