vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

I can confirm that the error messages displayed when running the latest version of CBA (1.1.23.150604) in the latest dev build (1.51) have disappeared with the latest RC (1.50). Nonetheless we all look forward to a more efficient and more stable CBA as it has become the corner stone of so many mods.

CBA v2.0 Released

Here is a new release of CBA to fully support 1.48 or later with added features such as ASDG Joint Rails(JR) integration which defines weapon rails using the new attachment config system now availlable within Arma 3. It is no longer necessary to use the standalone version of Joint Rails (posted here) with CBA. It is recommended that you remove the standalone version as you may receive conflict warnings in your RPT. We are not aware of any actual conflicts but you should not run them both at the same time.

Remember CBA XEH is designed to ensure compatibility with other mods so that players can enjoy adding all their favorite mods to their own custom modset or collections.

Here the noteworthy additions, fixes and improvements:

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

• ADDED: New function CBA_fnc_randPosArea - SilentSpike
  • ADDED: New function CBA_fnc_substr - Joko
  • ADDED: ASDG Joint Rails(JR) Integration (more info) - robalo
  • FIXED: XEH for a lot of stock A3 vehicles and units - Killswitch, PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Show CBA keybindings in the briefing - Killswitch
  • FIXED: Headgear and animal randomization compatible with A3 1.50+ - robalo
  • IMPROVED: Key binding system - Vipermaul
  • IMPROVED: Function and macro optimizations. - Glowbal, Jonpas, Dixon13, SilentSpike, Joko, SzwedzikPL

Change Log for CBA_A3 v2.0 - Milestone v2.0

Hosted at the following:

Known Issues:
12 RPT Errors - Updating Base Class for ASDG Joint Rails (JR)

• Like 2

Integrated ASDG JR?  Awesome!  Thank you and the other CBA contributors for this update.

Now that ASDG JR is included, we still need to have the compat pbo's for other mods released by ASDG JR? Or they are also included in CBA release?

Now that ASDG JR is included, we still need to have the compat pbo's for other mods released by ASDG JR? Or they are also included in CBA release?

CBA v2.0 integrated ASDG JR only. Any separate compatibility addons are usable the same as before.

Hopefully in the future there will be less need for such compat addons as many mods that already require CBA can now directly integrate JR support.

Congratis on the Release!!

Ok , so i just updated my server with the new cba... and low and behold my server freezes every time i launch it... All i did was remove the old cba and add the new one.

I added the new cba key to the key's folder, and launched her up. I no longer see my server in the server browser.!!

psss. i should have mentioned this first .... sorry!!! i am running two optional pbo's, "auto_exh.pbo and disable_exh_log.pbo" not exactly the file names but that should clear that up!!!!

looking at the signatures they have a long extention on them ... cba_ai.pbo.cba_2.0.0.150817-8eff8eaa.bisign...

what is the 8eff8eaa for?? in my limited experience, the bikey and the bisigns should be basically the same... these extra characters make me think that, that is the reason why my server isnt starting all the way.. Its looking for bisigns that say "cba_ai.pbo.cba_2.0.0.150817.bisign" but instead its seeing "cba_ai.pbo.cba_2.0.0.150817-8eff8eaa.bisign"

im going to for go all the BS of troubleshooting and roll back to the last version of cba, until someone can confirm or deny that this is on my end or if any one else is experiencing this... its kinda frustrating, I appreciate all the work done to update this mod... Its just Way late in my day and im in need of some gaming and i just spend the last hour trying to figure out why cba isnt working on my server... 

ps. on a side note i have downloaded cba from all of the available sources, and tried them all...All give me the same problem so its definitely not that ...

Thanks again!! I look forward to what ever info i can get thrown my way about this issue!!!

Pss.. just rolled back and the server is running just fine. agan thanks for all your work i dont want to seem ungrateful!!

what is the 8eff8eaa for?? in my limited experience, the bikey and the bisigns should be basically the same... these extra characters make me think that, that is the reason why my server isnt starting all the way.. Its looking for bisigns that say "cba_ai.pbo.cba_2.0.0.150817.bisign" but instead its seeing "cba_ai.pbo.cba_2.0.0.150817-8eff8eaa.bisign"

That's the commit hash, from which this build was made. You can find it here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/commits/v2.0.0.150817 (It's the second from top)

It just help identify exactly what code was used to create it.

Hi,

does someone elese have the problem that you cant conncet to the server with the auto_xeh.pbo ?

It seems like the optional files have the wrong signature.

Hi,

does someone elese have the problem that you cant conncet to the server with the auto_xeh.pbo ?

It seems like the optional files have the wrong signature.

Yep, they were signed with a different key. We will fix this.

EDIT: the release archive has been fixed and the optional addons have been signed with the correct key.

(The .bikey filename is "cba_2.0.0.150817.bikey" but the signing key name is "cba_2.0.0.150817-8eff8eaa". That's why the .bisign files in the addons and optionals folder might look "funny")

Please re-download the CBA A3 v2.0 release and remove the old files. The corrected ZIP file has this MD5 checksum:

289517a8de3e26cb7c95241632cb3a79  CBA_A3_v2.0.0.150817.zip

The zip file and associated files have been repaired on GitHub, STEAM, MEGA and PwS. I am sure ArmaHolic will soon follow.

The issue was a weakness in the CBA version of our make.py script. This will be fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

All links have been updated.

Is there any difference between CBA_fnc_substr and BIS_fnc_trimString except for the missing negative value option for the end index?

Is there any difference between CBA_fnc_substr and BIS_fnc_trimString except for the missing negative value option for the end index?

Yes. CBA_fnc_substr uses a start index and a length to cut out a section of a string, whereas BIS_fnc_trimString uses two index values - start and end.

CBA_fnc_subString, however, is like BIS_fnc_trimString except for the negative value end index option.

Thanks for info.

Sorry If I have missed it, by I'm using CBA through PWS. In order to get the hotfix, should I "Diagnose" the addon or the hotfix will be uploaded to PWS?

Thanks for info.

Sorry If I have missed it, by I'm using CBA through PWS. In order to get the hotfix, should I "Diagnose" the addon or the hotfix will be uploaded to PWS?

It is uploaded to PWS, but you might need to use "Diagnose" to have the old, incorrect bisign files removed from @CBA_A3\optionals. (I'm not sure though, but I don't think it hurts to run the diagnose step)

• Like 1

It is uploaded to PWS, but you might need to use "Diagnose" to have the old, incorrect bisign files removed from @CBA_A3\optionals. (I'm not sure though, but I don't think it hurts to run the diagnose step)

Okay, mate. Thanks.

I currently have a bunch of addons running including CBA and TFAR but the second I enable CBA all icons for mods on the menu turn black, the menu logo goes black and in the editor most icons are also black, what would cause this and how can I fix it?

I currently have a bunch of addons running including CBA and TFAR but the second I enable CBA all icons for mods on the menu turn black, the menu logo goes black and in the editor most icons are also black, what would cause this and how can I fix it?

No idea. Does this happen if you load Arma with only CBA?

Hey guys,

using an ASDG_Jointrails function in my mission. Since Jointrails was merged into CBA I removed it from my mod-collection. In the mission, when it comes down to the mentioned function I get a script error-message:

_wpnrails = [_weapon, 301] call asdg_fnc_compatibleitems;

_wpnscopes = (...)

Error: Undefined variable in expression: asdg_fnc_compatibleitems (...)

What I'm doing with this is is to get the compatible attachements for selected weapons.

So now it shows me not a single scope, silencer, aso anymore...

Is this function not yet implemented or removed from the merged Jointrails? Is it renamed?

Is this function not yet implemented or removed from the merged Jointrails? Is it renamed?

According to the notes in the ASDG JR topic, it was changed:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/157965-asdg-joint-rails/?p=2903447

For modders

All asdg_* classes remain unchanged. You don't need to update your configs.

Function asdg_fnc_compatibleItems became CBA_fnc_compatibleItems.

Optional but recommended: change asdg_jointrails in requiredaddons to cba_jr

List CBA v2.0+ as a requirement instead of ASDG JR.

Oh okay, missed that information. Thank your very much guys - everythings working now!