vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

I'm using CBA_fnc_addKeybind to make a new keybind. I see it under configure addons, however when I use
hint format ["%1", actionKeys "testKey"]

it is blank?

The actionKeys command works with the core game user actions in the action menu (for example "Eject", "Engine off" and so on) and it will not show CBA keybinds.

The CBA_fnc_getKeybind function will be more suitable for checking on CBA keybinds.

Edited by Killswitch

After the last update (RC7 Hotfix2) a lot of the people in our community don't get TFR and Alive to come up in Configure Addons. They are absent from the dropdown menu. This makes TFR unusable. Is this a known issue? Any workaround? Going back to older version doesn't seem to fix the problem. Even if they go to one that used to work.

I personally can't reproduce the problem. We are all using same version of everything synced through PWS. Am I missing something very simple?

Any help will be appreciated!

Hey CBA Team!

Just wanted to post about cba_fnc_addKeybind bug.

Basically when adding a keybind twice with the same mod name and action ID it is supposed to update, however instead what it seems to be doing is actually executing the old instance and new instance with the same key being pressed, with the result of nothing happening.

EDIT I found out that if executed an 'odd' number of times it works but an 'even' number of times causing no output.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Go into mission editor and place down a man then preview mission

2. use this as example and execute it in the debug console.

["Testing", "TesterKeyID", ["This is a test", "This is a test"], {if (missionNamespace getVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",false]) then { systemChat "var true"; missionNamespace setVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",!(missionNamespace getVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",false])]; } else { systemChat "var false"; missionNamespace setVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",!(missionNamespace getVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",false])]; }}, { }, [181, [false, false, false]],nil, nil, false] call cba_fnc_addKeybind;

3. Press 'Numpad /' and Observe the systemChat messages

4. Execute above code again

5. Press 'Numpad /' and Observe nothing appearing in systemChat

6. Execute same code again

7. Press 'Numpad /' and Observe System Chat messages appear again

Hope there is a solution, for now I'm going to make a temporary hot fix in my script code to account for this.

Edited by Lala14

Hey there, i was reported an issue with my LAV-25 mod and ACE3.

The problem is that there is no interaction button with it.

I managed to fix at least partially the issue (wrong eventhandlers inheritance).

However my vehicle has a custom Init because of a couple animations that are executed automatically in certain conditions, this overrides the CBA custom init.

Is there any way i can solve this?

This is the line used in the eventhandlers class:

init="_this execVM ""\cha\cha_lav25\scripts\init.sqf""";

And this is the code that is executed:

private "_inwater";
_lav=_this select 0;
_count=3; 
sleep 0.5;
if ((getpos _lav select 2)<-0.1) then 
{
    _inwater=1;
    _lav animate ["front_panel", 1];
}
else{_inwater=0};

while {alive _lav} do 
{
	sleep 2.0;
         if ((getpos _lav select 2)>-0.1) then 
		 {
         	if (_inwater==1) then {_count=0;_inwater=0; };
                 if (_count<4) then {_count=_count+1}; 
         } 
         else
		 {
          	if (_inwater==0) then {_count=0;_inwater=1; };            
                 if (_count<4) then {_count=_count+1};                   
         }; 
		 if ((damage _lav) > 0.003) exitwith {};
         if (_count==3)then
		 {
			_lav animate ["front_panel", _inwater];
         };        
};

Hey there, i was reported an issue with my LAV-25 mod and ACE3.

The problem is that there is no interaction button with it.

I managed to fix at least partially the issue (wrong eventhandlers inheritance).

However my vehicle has a custom Init because of a couple animations that are executed automatically in certain conditions, this overrides the CBA custom init.

Is there any way i can solve this?

This is the line used in the eventhandlers class:

init="_this execVM ""\cha\cha_lav25\scripts\init.sqf""";

You could create a XEH adapter addon. See documentation here.

Hi CBA wizards

Looks like the latest dev build + CBA combination is again causing invisible sheep/goats. Might be related to the new BIS_fnc_animalRandomization

Thanks!

Hey,

I read a devheaven page on extended eventhandlers and I'm trying to apply an extended eventhandler to my mission in the description.ext

My goal is to remove black rectangular markers on map during briefing screen which is previously possible by inserting code into a gamelogic but now by script so it's easier to share my template

so far i have

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
RemoveUPSMON_Markers="removeUPSMONMarkers = compile preprocessFile 'scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\markerAlpha.sqf'";
};

I also tried call compile but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hey,

I read a devheaven page on extended eventhandlers and I'm trying to apply an extended eventhandler to my mission in the description.ext

My goal is to remove black rectangular markers on map during briefing screen which is previously possible by inserting code into a gamelogic but now by script so it's easier to share my template

so far i have

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
RemoveUPSMON_Markers="removeUPSMONMarkers = compile preprocessFile 'scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\markerAlpha.sqf'";
};

I also tried call compile but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You're only assigning a variable there. Perhaps you want to call that code too.

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers
{
RemoveUPSMON_Markers="call removeUPSMONMarkers";
};

Or you could simply put that in your init.sqf instead:

call compile preprocessFile 'scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\markerAlpha.sqf';

Yeah init.sqf was my first thought - after all its ran during & after briefing screen.. but it didn't work....now that I tried again it does work....funny business...Thanks anyway ;)

Hi CBA wizards

Looks like the latest dev build + CBA combination is again causing invisible sheep/goats. Might be related to the new BIS_fnc_animalRandomization

Thanks!

I am unable to reproduce this. All the random animals in the Misc->Animals module appear fine with the latest A3 (1.48) and CBA_A3 RC7.2

After the last update (RC7 Hotfix2) a lot of the people in our community don't get TFR and Alive to come up in Configure Addons. They are absent from the dropdown menu. This makes TFR unusable. Is this a known issue? Any workaround? Going back to older version doesn't seem to fix the problem. Even if they go to one that used to work.

I personally can't reproduce the problem. We are all using same version of everything synced through PWS. Am I missing something very simple?

Any help will be appreciated!

Hmm... I think I had this problem at some point aswell. What I did was to reset the CBA keybinding registry by running this in the mission editor debug console:

WARNING: this will remove ALL custom keybind changes for ALL of your past addons/mods

profileNamespace setVariable ["cba_keybinding_registry", []]; saveProfileNamespace;

That reset all the key bindings for all the addons that make use of CBA keybinding, which fixed the problem.

I am unable to reproduce this. All the random animals in the Misc->Animals module appear fine with the latest A3 (1.48) and CBA_A3 RC7.2

It happens in dev branch (version 1.49+). Chickens and dogs show up fine, but the sheep and goats only show their shadow moving around on the ground, which is kinda creepy. Lol

Mabye this has already answered, didn't see it in a search, but is there good way to get the CBA keybindings to work during Zeus? 

I know TFAR found a way and are using that, but I couldn't find much information about it.

Basically i'd just like some keybindings to be universally able to be pressed, controlling a unit, or in zeus control.

If I installed lastest CBA. But want to roll back.  Is this easily possible? (just delete current @CBA folder and reinstall an older one??)

I get the following error message whenever I load A3 with latest CBA7 hot fix 2 installed -

NoEntry bin/config.bin/recdisplaymain/config / button play

I've gone trhough process of activation and deactivation of the 6 mods I use. CBA7 is the cause.  (If I just reinstall an older CBA4 that I have on file) all works??

If I installed lastest CBA. But want to roll back.  Is this easily possible? (just delete current @CBA folder and reinstall an older one??)

Yes.

Running only the most recent version of ALiVE and CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, when I double click to try and rebind the ALiVE interaction key the key then reads "Unknown Code 327788", and thus I cannot rebind it to something else.
Has anyone else experienced this? I've googled extensively and so far turned up only one other example of this problem, but no solution. I just tried a full re-install without result.

Any help would be dearly appreciated as I'm absolutely baffled at this point.

Hey CBA Team!

Just wanted to post about cba_fnc_addKeybind bug.

Basically when adding a keybind twice with the same mod name and action ID it is supposed to update, however instead what it seems to be doing is actually executing the old instance and new instance with the same key being pressed, with the result of nothing happening.

EDIT I found out that if executed an 'odd' number of times it works but an 'even' number of times causing no output.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Go into mission editor and place down a man then preview mission

2. use this as example and execute it in the debug console.

["Testing", "TesterKeyID", ["This is a test", "This is a test"], {if (missionNamespace getVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",false]) then { systemChat "var true"; missionNamespace setVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",!(missionNamespace getVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",false])]; } else { systemChat "var false"; missionNamespace setVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",!(missionNamespace getVariable ["testingCBAkeybind",false])]; }}, { }, [181, [false, false, false]],nil, nil, false] call cba_fnc_addKeybind;
3. Press 'Numpad /' and Observe the systemChat messages

4. Execute above code again

5. Press 'Numpad /' and Observe nothing appearing in systemChat

6. Execute same code again

7. Press 'Numpad /' and Observe System Chat messages appear again

Hope there is a solution, for now I'm going to make a temporary hot fix in my script code to account for this.

The last parameter for CBA_fnc_addKeybind, which you have set to false, determines if any existing keybind should be overwritten or not. In order to update the keybind, set that to true.

It happens in dev branch (version 1.49+). Chickens and dogs show up fine, but the sheep and goats only show their shadow moving around on the ground, which is kinda creepy. Lol

My mistake - I can see this in the RC and dev branches. We will fix this.

Starting a few dev builds ago I am getting this error at mission start and then occasionally during the mission.

I disabled all other mods except CBA RC7 patch 2, so I am pretty sure now that CBA is causing it.

I tried

- clearing CBA keybindings via the script line provided by Killswitch a few posts above

- using a fresh profile

- reloading the CBA dir via the workshop

but to no avail.

Thanks a lot for any help!

17:44:14 [4539,69.232,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.1.23.150604, "]
17:44:14 [4539,69.236,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=<NULL-object>, group=<NULL-group>, player=BIS_fnc_objectVar_obj1, _playerType=B_Sharpshooter_F", _playerGroup=B Alpha 1-1]
17:44:17 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0
17:44:17 No owner
17:44:17 Error in expression </*-------------------------------------->
17:44:17   Error position: </*-------------------------------------->

17:44:17   Error Invalid number in expression

Ah, thanks.

Is there already a fixed pbo version available somewhere?

Not yet. We are working on getting a new CBA out. When? Soon