vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

OK. So the development branch has a feature that lets you toggle the vignetting effect on and off using either "the scroll lock key" (your words) or "the Pause/Break key" (BI developer words from that feedback ticket).

1) Is it only the dev branch that has this feature?

2) Which key is it actually?

(We have not deliberately blocked this key in CBA)

Hi IndeedPete and thanks for your interest in providing ACE compatibility with your addon. I have sent you a PM with more details of how this can be accomplished.

(TL;DR: one can create an optional "adapter addon" that makes the Euroforce units XEH compatible. Players who wish to use your units with ACE3 can load the game with that addon. Players who wish to use Euroforce standalone can continue to do so, aswell.)

Killswitch can you please help me to? ACE3 interaction is not working on ACR_A3 units and I don't know what exactly is wrong.

https://github.com/evromalarkey/ACR-Mod/blob/master/acr_a3/acr_a3_characters_c/units/units_vz95.hpp - ace interaction is not working on units that have eventhandlers, so where exactly is the problem? I'm kind of lost.

Everything is defined here - https://github.com/evromalarkey/ACR-Mod/blob/master/acr_a3/acr_a3_characters_c/cfgVehicles.hpp

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Killswitch, since this problem is with most of the mod faction, you maybe write a offical public solution instead of PM every modder. Would save you some time/work! xD

Killswitch can you please help me to? ACE3 interaction is not working on ACR_A3 units and I don't know what exactly is wrong.

https://github.com/evromalarkey/ACR-Mod/blob/master/acr_a3/acr_a3_characters_c/units/units_vz95.hpp - ace interaction is not working on units that have eventhandlers, so where exactly is the problem? I'm kind of lost.

Everything is defined here - https://github.com/evromalarkey/ACR-Mod/blob/master/acr_a3/acr_a3_characters_c/cfgVehicles.hpp

I'm not very good with configs, but you could change :

class Man: Land {
	class Eventhandlers;
};

to

class Man: Land {};

I don't think you need to define the eventhandlers class since you're not adding any.

You could also ask IndeedPete. He is a nice guy and helps you probably. ^^"

OK. So the development branch has a feature that lets you toggle the vignetting effect on and off using either "the scroll lock key" (your words) or "the Pause/Break key" (BI developer words from that feedback ticket).

1) Is it only the dev branch that has this feature?

2) Which key is it actually?

(We have not deliberately blocked this key in CBA)

It's also in stable branch. For me it's this key http://i.imgur.com/OnVDeia.jpg Scroll lock, pause and break are all under the same key so that's why I'm saying all the keys. I guess it's actually Pause when I think more about it because I need to have F lock on to use that.

Sure thing - I'll have a look at it as soon as I can.
Killswitch, since this problem is with most of the mod faction, you maybe write a offical public solution instead of PM every modder. Would save you some time/work! xD
Yes, it's about time I wrote a guide/HOWTO :-) Edited by Killswitch

While testing another mod I discovered the Kuma (AAF MBT) couldn't deploy smokes anymore. I disabled all addons and vanilla it worked just fine. Started adding mods 1 by 1, but didn't need to search very far :p. First mod I added was CBA and the Kuma no longer deployed smokes (I can hear the "plop" and the counter goes down, but no smoke). This was confirmed by a 2nd person. Anyone else with this problem. Or am I totally missing something here? :p

While testing another mod I discovered the Kuma (AAF MBT) couldn't deploy smokes anymore. I disabled all addons and vanilla it worked just fine. Started adding mods 1 by 1, but didn't need to search very far :p. First mod I added was CBA and the Kuma no longer deployed smokes (I can hear the "plop" and the counter goes down, but no smoke). This was confirmed by a 2nd person. Anyone else with this problem. Or am I totally missing something here? :p
No, you're not missing anything. Unfortunately, it's an issue we found after releasing RC7 hotfix 2 (here)

The fix, for now, is to make use of the addon named cba_enabe_auto_xeh.pbo in the optional folder in @CBA_A3. Copy that addon (and the .bisign file that goes with it) into the @CBA_A3\addons folder and launch Arma 3 again. That'll take care of it.

Thanks for the new documentation, especially the adapter and opportunistic examples. Could I suggest that XEH badly needs a one-page summary on the supported events and variations (i.e. Fired / FiredBIS) as well as available filters (i.e. Client / Server / Local (?) etc.).

Thanks for the new documentation, especially the adapter and opportunistic examples. Could I suggest that XEH badly needs a one-page summary on the supported events and variations (i.e. Fired / FiredBIS) as well as available filters (i.e. Client / Server / Local (?) etc.).
Yessir:

* Supported XEH event types

* Advanced XEH usage (fired vs firedBIS, pre-, post- and initpost event handlers, client- and/or server-side init event handlers)

* Supported XEH event types

* Advanced XEH usage (fired vs firedBIS, pre-, post- and initpost event handlers, client- and/or server-side init event handlers)

Perfect, thanks.

Just one question so far after reading, did I imagine seeing clientFired used somewhere as an XEH event? Your advanced page suggests only Init can be filtered in this way.

Perfect, thanks.

Just one question so far after reading, did I imagine seeing clientFired used somewhere as an XEH event? Your advanced page suggests only Init can be filtered in this way.

EDIT: You're right, and the documentation is outdated - the other events can be limited to either clients and server as well. I will update the documentation.

Edited by Killswitch

I've just installed CBA_A3 and I'm receiving a warning that "Addon 'cba_a3_xeh' requires addon 'CAData'". Searching showed a hotfix from the dev pages, but if I use that then I get a message that I now require CBA_A3_Main.

Aside from CAData, am I missing something here?

I've just installed CBA_A3 and I'm receiving a warning that "Addon 'cba_a3_xeh' requires addon 'CAData'". Searching showed a hotfix from the dev pages, but if I use that then I get a message that I now require CBA_A3_Main.

Aside from CAData, am I missing something here?

There is no reference to "CAData" anywhere in @CBA_A3 and there is no CBA addon named "cba_a3_xeh" so I have no idea where this message comes from.

Make sure to delete (remove) any and all old copies of @CBA_A3 from your computer.

How do I access the CBA Keybinder? I've installed Laxmann's Climb and Drag mods. The notes say to use the CBA keybinder. I don't see a "CBA" option anywhere in my Configure/Controls.

(EDIT/UPDATE): So apparently the CBA Keybinder is the "Configure Addons" section of the keybinder. Duh... do I feel dumb. After making zero changes to my mods line up or messing with files, the iClimb keybind menu appeared in my Controls/Mods last night. The Drag menu is still missing. I'm stumped, I installed both at the same time, using the same method. I also installed Laxmann's Immerse and one other and they both work fine.

Edited by Bad_Karma

How do I access the CBA Keybinder?

Configure/Controls/ "configure addons". At the bottom right of the controls window

Configure/Controls/ "configure addons". At the bottom right of the controls window

Okay that's what I thought. The only addon keymapper i'm showing is for ACE3 and Tao_Foldmap. There's nothing for any of Laxeman's mods that I just installed. Must be an issue with Laxeman's mods. I have the latest version of CBA and the latest version of his mods.

I used the A3 launcher to install his mods. Any chance there's a file(other than userconfig) that I need to manually place somewhere in the A3 main folder?

does xeh work with user interface event handlers?
No, the extended event handler system does not handle UI events.

I'm using CBA_fnc_addKeybind to make a new keybind. I see it under configure addons, however when I use

hint format ["%1", actionKeys "testKey"]

it is blank?